Laos

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Laos

Post by xiongmao »

So I watched a BBC TV show about Laos last night. It was called the World's most dangerous roads or something.

Anyway, it involved two frumpy middle aged white women driving from Vietnam to Laos :oops: :oops: .

They spent an hour wittering on about absolute rubbish, but the scenery was good.

Things I noticed:

They drove past a brothel, and they probably have no idea how popular these places are for men looking for very young girls.
Bombs! Everywhere! Exploded and unexploded. A legacy of the B52. Some guy reckoned it would take 3000 years to remove all the unexploded bombs from Laos. I can well believe this as here in the UK WW2 unexploded bombs are still quite common.
Laos has probably been wiped from the collective mind of Americans as the US fought a secretive war in a little known country. And it's still spent very little on cleaning up its mess.
Laotian women look nice.
Laos is a beautiful country and relatively unspoilt (well apart from the UXB's).

There was also a bit of the show set in Vietnam. I think I need to go there.

Has anyone here been to Laos?
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
Twobrains
Freshman Poster

Post by Twobrains »

Yeah, that programme was worth watching for the scenery and some insights into local living conditions and 'Nam history. Available on iPlayer.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I did a bit of Googling after the show. Wow, I was amazed at the losses the US got - those F4 Phantoms really took a kicking from SAM's and the like. Warfare has changed a lot if you compare it to Gulf War 1.0 or 2.0.

Vietnam looked pretty similar to Southern China, especially the bad driving!

The houses made from bomb shell casings were pretty amazing.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.