Do Asian girls like muscular guys?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Do Asian girls like muscular guys?

Post by onethousandknives »

I used to be fat, so I dieted down quite a bit (from 230 to 180, then up to 190s, now 180s again keeping muscle.) So now I'm high 180s at 5'9 at 15-17% bodyfat, so small almost unnoticeable belly, but no abs. I guess I'd be more like, larger framed, mesomorph (maybe more meso-endomorph hybrid) sorta bodytype. I started doing lots of weightlifting to help with sport performance and just because I found it fun, not really thinking of it in a bodybuilding context, but I've gained muscle from it.

Anyway, this at least has helped me here in the States, I've not made any relationships here (nor have I really tried all too hard to be honest, just due to incompatibility alone I encounter here) but compared to when I was fat, girls are a LOT nicer to me. Instead of dirty looks when I look at them, smiles, so overall it's been helpful gaining more muscle, even though I wasn't really trying to.

What I'd like to know is, do girls in Asia, especially Japan (that seems the top country I'd like to visit) like stereotypical big strong guys, or is it offputting or intimidating to them? Obviously you can't speak for every woman in Asia, but I'd like some idea of how if it'd affect people's perceptions of me differently there? Especially what I heard about guys who are like 110lb nerds sometimes doing really well in various parts of Asia, just because they're more mild mannered or whatever.

Any thoughts? I mean either way, I am the way I am, so I can't really change it, but I'm wondering about it.

Thanks.
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Post by Anonymous1 »

from what I know....attractive asian girls care more about your economic status in life....
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Post by ILoveBlackAmericanWomen »

Some do some don't I'm sure.
To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I once chatted to a CLL lady who was obsessed with WWE wrestlers!

She was hot. Well if you look like one of those dudes then I'll let you know if I come across her CLL profile. She was really hot but likely to be very picky.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
ClearView
Freshman Poster

Post by ClearView »

Depends on the woman.

I noticed in Chiang Mai most of the guys are more feminine looking than the women but the women seem to go for that here. I had to really soften up my approach coming here.
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Post by ILoveBlackAmericanWomen »

ClearView wrote:Depends on the woman.

I noticed in Chiang Mai most of the guys are more feminine looking than the women but the women seem to go for that here. I had to really soften up my approach coming here.
True. A lot of Asian women like that pretty boy look. There's nothing wrong with that it's just that some guys over do it like the hairstyle is kinda feminine too. They can't help having a pretty face but it's like tone the hair down a notch lol. A lot of Asian girls like these types

Then again a lot of them like muscular men like these types.(What red blooded woman would not like these men) Now I see why white men never portray these Asian types in social media. There would be a lot of lonely White guys out there. All the White women would flock to Asian men like a moth to a flame lol. (Just kidding no one get offended)

To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.
onethousandknives
Junior Poster

Post by onethousandknives »

Is my dream physique. But I'm white. But yes, China is pretty much kicking the world's asses in Olympic lifting, at least in the lighter weight classes. They kinda suck past 85K, though. Even Japan, relatively speaking, has done better than the Americans in Olympic lifting post-1960s. Also one of the people in the 60s who won USA a lot of medals was Tommy Kono, Japanese American, learned to lift in the internment camps in WWII.

What if I'm otherwise effeminate and just jacked looking? Like I listen to girly eurodance and J-Pop all the time.

http://liftup.chidlovski.net/liftup/l_a ... p?a_id=620
Aslanbek Yenaldiev, Russian Olympic lifter. He went to Japan and liked it a lot there, scroll down for what he says of Japan. Of course he was a HUGE guy, built more like a sumo wrestler and not "ripped" at all.
There were many fans in the auditorium. For some reason, they all wanted to get near me. One came to me with a child. Then he gave me a child to hold and took him back, thanked me and left. It happened many times. Amazing nation. I asked the interpreter what did they want from me. It occurred that Japanese believed that if a big and strong man touches their child, his health and strength will be given to the child. In Japan, they just admired big people. I realized why everybody bowed to me in front of the hotel. Needless to say, they bowed and straightened up in sync. The one who straightened up first was considered to have bad manners.
They brought glasses of water. Those were so tiny and we were very thirsty. First of all, it was very hot and, then, after the competition the body is usually dehydrated. So, I asked to bring me a bigger glass of water. At first, they didn't understand but then brought me some crystal vase. One of the organizers was Ms. Kogo. So, I poored water into my vase and drank at in one gulp. Ms. Kogo stopped eating and just looked at me in amazement. I poored another vase and more and more and more. Ms. Kogo forgot about food and just kept pooring water into my vase.

Is it true that you got offered a big contract to stay in Japan?

Yes. For two weeks, they kept following me with various offers but I told then upfront - no way I will sell my homeland!
Sucks, cuz his Homeland tried to poison him a few times and almost killed him just out of stupid sports politics. Oh well.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

My woman LOVES huge muscles on men. She thinks real men should have big ones. Which is why I am her dream man, but she is a small minority in China, maybe even the world these days.

Most are intimidated by them like some American women are. They will think you are a meat head and too aggressive.

That said, almost all of them (90%) LOVE a mean 6-12 pack if you can attain them.....Good luck with that though..especially if you are getting older. Get your testosterone levels checked out before you start killing yourself with core workouts...

Mine even loves sexy abs, but it aint happening with me...Im not looking to fight in the ring anymore, and that kind of training is the only kind that helps me get those. LOL
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

kai1275 wrote:.........Most are intimidated by them like some American women are. They will think you are a meat head and too aggressive.
Yeah almost everyday Chicanos (stateside Americanized of Mexican ancestry), Mexicans (both genders), and even sometimes Blacks become timid by me based on their body language when we pass one another on the street. Now if I were to point it out, they would deny it and/or become combatant about it.

I guess if I were part of the Robin Hood clique, I'd be deemed to be Little John. LOL

American women are intimidated by any manly-looking man that isn't a thug. Only thug lovers feel "safe" with that around them or they figure a gun can pierce muscles anyday (which is true). AW loathe patriarchal straight anti-thug men such as myself; I'm a no-nonsense dude...especially when it comes to how I interact with women.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

The women that you might meet at a gym is more likely to prefer muscles on a guy.
jagulep
Freshman Poster

Post by jagulep »

A hot, short, thin Asian I met clean off the boat from China said she loved really muscly guys.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

jagulep wrote:A hot, short, thin Asian I met clean off the boat from China said she loved really muscly guys.
Ask 10 more and see what answers you get. If you ask the ones at a club, it is almost a guaranteed no, or they like nice abs instead answer. Ask her where she is from. I have always wondered if countryside girls like manly men more than city ones.
jagulep
Freshman Poster

Post by jagulep »

kai1275 wrote:
jagulep wrote:A hot, short, thin Asian I met clean off the boat from China said she loved really muscly guys.
Ask 10 more and see what answers you get. If you ask the ones at a club, it is almost a guaranteed no, or they like nice abs instead answer. Ask her where she is from. I have always wondered if countryside girls like manly men more than city ones.
I think she may have been from around Shanghai (Suzhou sounds familiar but I may be thinking of another girl), but my memory's going... However, it would make sense that she would be from around that Shanghai area coz she was hot, and the hot ones aren't from the south like Hong Kong, they're from central/north China, as far as I know. One thing u can be confident of, she would have been from the city and from a rich family - she studies at the uni (in Australia, we call university uni, as everyone should) here in Australia, and the families who send their daughters here to study are loaded.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

jagulep wrote:
kai1275 wrote:
I think she may have been from around Shanghai (Suzhou sounds familiar but I may be thinking of another girl), but my memory's going... However, it would make sense that she would be from around that Shanghai area coz she was hot, and the hot ones aren't from the south like Hong Kong, they're from central/north China, as far as I know. One thing u can be confident of, she would have been from the city and from a rich family - she studies at the uni (in Australia, we call university uni, as everyone should) here in Australia, and the families who send their daughters here to study are loaded.
There are super hot Chinese women in all regions of China just about. Central, South, North, East... Chongqing (Central) Hunan/Sichuan/Guangzhou (South) Beijing(north), Shanghai(east). All talent is not just in one spot.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

I'm recovering from a ruptured achillies tendon so going to the gym is about the only form of excersize I can do at the moment. I enjoy lifting freeweights because it's a great way to burn fat. However my wife is not a fan of big muscles. So, one vote for no.