Feminist Plague

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Venetienzo
Freshman Poster

Feminist Plague

Post by Venetienzo »

Ok so I was reading this article on Yahoo! News about how there are plenty of single women in China. Well the reason why they're single gentleman is because there is expectations for a man to have car and a house before ever getting married. Anyhow, take a look at the article and the comments below it. Would like to know what you guys make of it.

http://news.yahoo.com/leftover-women-ch ... 26614.html

Oh and if you have time take a look at comment section and look specifically at Oceano06's comment. I think she makes herself pretty clear.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Teal Lantern
Veteran Poster

Re: Feminist Plague

Post by Teal Lantern »

Venetienzo wrote:Ok so I was reading this article on Yahoo! News about how there are plenty of single women in China. Well the reason why they're single gentleman is because there is expectations for a man to have car and a house before ever getting married. Anyhow, take a look at the article and the comments below it. Would like to know what you guys make of it.

http://news.yahoo.com/leftover-women-ch ... 26614.html

Oh and if you have time take a look at comment section and look specifically at Oceano06's comment. I think she makes herself pretty clear.
This is happening in the West, wealthier parts of Asia, incl. India, and even South Africa.
In the West, they blamed Feminists.
Funny part is there wasn't a bra burners movement in Japan or Korea, or women voting rights issue in China, to blame this on.

Where they can't blame the usual hairy-legged suspects, some people have resorted to blaming secret societies. :roll:
Meanwhile, western man are jumping out of the Anglo frying pan, into the Oriental fire, and thinking they are getting something fundamentally different. :lol:

I give it 10~15 years before the shine wears off.
For older gents, that may be enough time, though. 8)
не поглеждай назад. 8)

"Even an American judge is unlikely to award child support for imputed children." - FredOnEverything
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

I do not see any comments on that article.

Reading the article it is not surprising because once again, it is about a Shanghai Shengnu that is successful but cannot find a husband because she is too picky or holding out too long beyond her beauty level will allow.

Shanghai and Beijing women are full of shengnu like her. Most of the other shengnu everywhere else, just want a nice husband but their success or intellect intimidates most of the local men. Also like I put in my dating guide, Chinese men disqualify themselves in many many ways, putting aside looks and money. Many shengnu are justified in their waiting considering the kinds of Chinese men they have met.
Rayn
Freshman Poster

Post by Rayn »

kai1275 wrote:I do not see any comments on that article.

Reading the article it is not surprising because once again, it is about a Shanghai Shengnu that is successful but cannot find a husband because she is too picky or holding out too long beyond her beauty level will allow.

Shanghai and Beijing women are full of shengnu like her. Most of the other shengnu everywhere else, just want a nice husband but their success or intellect intimidates most of the local men. Also like I put in my dating guide, Chinese men disqualify themselves in many many ways, putting aside looks and money. Many shengnu are justified in their waiting considering the kinds of Chinese men they have met.
Men aren't intimidated by their success or intelect. The women may think that that is the case, but it is not.

They are actually intimidated by the bitchiness, domineering attitude, entitlement, lack of patience and general disdain for family that these women usually carry along with them.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Rayn wrote:
kai1275 wrote:I do not see any comments on that article.

Men aren't intimidated by their success or intelect. The women may think that that is the case, but it is not.

They are actually intimidated by the bitchiness, domineering attitude, entitlement, lack of patience and general disdain
for family that these women usually carry along with them.
Eloquent.
RichieBoy
Freshman Poster

Post by RichieBoy »

There's a difference between being expected to provide and the feminism in the West, the Western media presents men as cheaters, slobs, clumsy and promotes women's independence and this is causing a breakdown in relationships and Western women aren't even benefiting from this. (All though they like to think they are by snubbing men)

It is this kind of feminism men are fleeing from, like Rayn said