Is it just me - Filipinas

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
GooMacgle
Freshman Poster

Is it just me - Filipinas

Post by GooMacgle »

After reading some of the posts here on the virtues of Filipinas, I decided to try an account at filipinacupid to browse for a bit. Couple of observations:

- I had 7 filipinas show interest in my profile before I even completed the profile and before I posted a pic. Seems pretty aggressive or desperate.

- Before I posted a picture, I had one platinum member Filipina, send me an email on the system basically saying she really wanted to get to know me - without even knowing what I looked like.

- Since posting a pic on my profile (I'm very average), I'm getting about 20 to 30 signs of interest daily from all ages from 20 years old to 60 years old, despite me indicating a preference for 35 to 40 on my profile. I like mature, more accomplished women.

- The big problem I'm having is that I'm probably only physically attracted to maybe 10% of the women who reach out to me. Even the 20 year olds, only about 10% of them are attractive to me. When I had a profile on CLL, probably about 50% of the Chinese ladies were attractive to me with the younger ones being even more attractive to me. Even when I browse the Filipina profiles, I'm only finding about 1 or 2 attractive filipinas for every page of 20 profiles. Where I live in SoCal there are a bunch of Filipinas and I rarely come across a Filipina that I would consider dating.

Maybe I'm just not naturally attracted to filipinas. Maybe it's just me, but are other guys finding boat loads of attractive filipinas on any of the dating sites.
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Post by Anonymous1 »

its not you....plenty of these women who reach out looking for foreigners really are ugly....some men probably dont mind because they are desperate as f**k.....or it fills up their ego sleeping with as many unattractive easy women as possible
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

I only request to cam with girls i find somewhat above average on their picture. and of those women who ive only contacted based on their pictures I find only about 20 percent are a 6+ overall (body, face, cute, age) . Most do not look like hteir pics. Only a small percent are about a 7+ (which is about as good as it gets, anything above a 7 is unrealistic in dating or real world for long term relationship for perfect personality)

Most filipinas are not that attractive body or face wise.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

I have to agree that average attractiveness is not high overall but Filipinas def have better personalities than a lot of SE asians and probably more compatible personalities/interests with your average American abroad. I'm not sure how Filipinas are with the more aloof european types though.

As I said before talking with Filipinas doesn't feel like a chore like it does with many other SEA nationalities.
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Post by Anonymous1 »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:I only request to cam with girls i find somewhat above average on their picture. and of those women who ive only contacted based on their pictures I find only about 20 percent are a 6+ overall (body, face, cute, age) . Most do not look like hteir pics. Only a small percent are about a 7+ (which is about as good as it gets, anything above a 7 is unrealistic in dating or real world for long term relationship for perfect personality)

Most filipinas are not that attractive body or face wise.
9s or the occasianal 10s have actually the highest success rate in long term relationships when referring to filipinas

maybe your only speaking in your case 7 or above is unrealistic
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is it just me - Filipinas

Post by Rock »

GooMacgle wrote:After reading some of the posts here on the virtues of Filipinas, I decided to try an account at filipinacupid to browse for a bit. Couple of observations:

- I had 7 filipinas show interest in my profile before I even completed the profile and before I posted a pic. Seems pretty aggressive or desperate.

- Before I posted a picture, I had one platinum member Filipina, send me an email on the system basically saying she really wanted to get to know me - without even knowing what I looked like.

- Since posting a pic on my profile (I'm very average), I'm getting about 20 to 30 signs of interest daily from all ages from 20 years old to 60 years old, despite me indicating a preference for 35 to 40 on my profile. I like mature, more accomplished women.

- The big problem I'm having is that I'm probably only physically attracted to maybe 10% of the women who reach out to me. Even the 20 year olds, only about 10% of them are attractive to me. When I had a profile on CLL, probably about 50% of the Chinese ladies were attractive to me with the younger ones being even more attractive to me. Even when I browse the Filipina profiles, I'm only finding about 1 or 2 attractive filipinas for every page of 20 profiles. Where I live in SoCal there are a bunch of Filipinas and I rarely come across a Filipina that I would consider dating.

Maybe I'm just not naturally attracted to filipinas. Maybe it's just me, but are other guys finding boat loads of attractive filipinas on any of the dating sites.
I've posted about this quite a bit in the past and even exaggerated the situation calling it "finding the needles in a haystack" as far as attractiveness is concerned. But based on your numbers above, it sounds quite easy actually. 1-2 out of 20 is 5-10% that you find attractive of the ones who have expressed interest in you unprompted. That's not bad at all. You just need to find one right one. With stats like those, numbers game should work well for you.

Now if you look beyond raw physical beauty, I think a lot of the Filipinas have personal qualities which enhance their attractiveness over time. So give it a good shot at least.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

I've found some very attractive girls on the Asian dating sites. Sometimes girls look a lot hotter in real life, I've had that happen a couple of times.

I met a few Filipinas in Bangkok, for the most part they had their heads screwed on (which is more than I can say of some of the Thai girls I met).

One other thing I've noticed is that no Asian countries allow their hottest girls to leave the country. That was certainly true of Japan and China - to see HOT Filipinas you'll have to go to the Philippines.
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

GooMacgle wrote:After reading some of the posts here on the virtues of Filipinas, I decided to try an account at filipinacupid to browse for a bit. Couple of observations:

Quite a bit of material on this topic posted thruout the years. Send me a PM if you want some suggestions/help devising a game plan. I enjoy helping.
tre
Junior Poster

Post by tre »

xiongmao wrote: One other thing I've noticed is that no Asian countries allow their hottest girls to leave the country. That was certainly true of Japan and China - to see HOT Filipinas you'll have to go to the Philippines.
That is not true at all in regard to Filipinas. I was on the ground in the Philippines for nearly a month and only saw ONE that was reasonably attractive. None were more attractive than my GF or another Filipina that I dated in the USA. As far as what I have seen, the average Filipina in the USA is more attractive than the average Filipina in the Philippines.
Anonymous1
Freshman Poster

Post by Anonymous1 »

tre wrote:
xiongmao wrote: One other thing I've noticed is that no Asian countries allow their hottest girls to leave the country. That was certainly true of Japan and China - to see HOT Filipinas you'll have to go to the Philippines.
That is not true at all in regard to Filipinas. I was on the ground in the Philippines for nearly a month and only saw ONE that was reasonably attractive. None were more attractive than my GF or another Filipina that I dated in the USA. As far as what I have seen, the average Filipina in the USA is more attractive than the average Filipina in the Philippines.
depends where you spent your time in Philippines
Mr Natural
Freshman Poster

Post by Mr Natural »

Ok, suppose only one in a hundred are attractive to you. Or one in a thousand. So what's the problem? There are MILLIONS of em to choose from, how many do you want?

But I will say this, if your standards are high physically, you will be much better advised to spend some time there as opposed to online shopping. The hotter the picture(s) the more likely hundreds if not thousands of other guys have been impressed as well. And the hotter the picture(s) the more likelihood of some type of scam. It's easy for guys, who are genetically visually oriented, to get infatuated with pictures. This is how sites like asianbeauties.com and chnlove.com are able to extract hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars from otherwise intelligent guys. And I don't think a very high percentage of traditionally minded girls are apt to put their pictures on the internet advertising for a guy. In fact, I would think that the more beautiful they are the less likely they would feel the need to do so. My advice is to avoid online shopping, save some money, and take an extended sabbatical to spend some time there. There is no substitute for being face to face in person. The search for a wife is the most important thing you will ever do.

Just my two cents and most guys won't take it, because sitting on your ass at home looking at a bunch of pictures is the easy way.
Everybody has a plan til they get punched in the mouth
Mike Tyson
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

10% is a pretty good ratio. When I browse profiles from the Domincan Republic, I find less than 1% of those women attractive.
The point of seeking out Filipinas is not that they're all hot, but the ones who are hot are actually accessible to average guys.
In fact, I've noticed that the hotter a Filipina is, the hornier she is. The most gorgeous Filipinas that I dated wanted me even more than I wanted them. Go figure. You'd think that the hot ones would make me work harder to earn their love, but in fact the opposite is true.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

Hero wrote:The point of seeking out Filipinas is not that they're all hot, but the ones who are hot are actually accessible to average guys.
+1000 There's gold em dem der hills....
hammanta
Junior Poster

Post by hammanta »

xiongmao wrote:I've found some very attractive girls on the Asian dating sites. Sometimes girls look a lot hotter in real life, I've had that happen a couple of times.

I met a few Filipinas in Bangkok, for the most part they had their heads screwed on (which is more than I can say of some of the Thai girls I met).

One other thing I've noticed is that no Asian countries allow their hottest girls to leave the country. That was certainly true of Japan and China - to see HOT Filipinas you'll have to go to the Philippines.

I couldn't agree more. Filipinas tend to have features that make them look horrible in pics (wide flat nose, dark features, short petite body). But when you see them in real life, their skin texture, body style, and even face tend to seem a lot nicer. Mixed with personality, they appear a lot more attractive.

@ the OP

Its also hard on dating sites because of the limited picture viewing and the fact that asian girls tend to try and make every pic appear that they are modeling, so I'm sure some pic cropping and editing is happening.. Looking in the range of 35-40 you are just limiting the potential even further.

As far as desperate, sure some are but when you take into consideration that women's population, especially educated, outweigh the mens population, and the fact that it is hard for filipinas to find not only successful and straight men, but honest and faithful, the desperation then appears somewhat justified. I've met some cute girls in their early to mid 20's and some in 30's who have never had a boyfriend in their life. My biggest flaw with the filipina dating scene and sites is trying to find one that will actually not bore the hell out of you, and I'm not talking about in the bedroom. I'll get messages all the time similar to this

Girl: Hi
Me: hello thanks for the message. I'm Tim, its nice to meet you and you are?
Girl: "any name"
Me: So tell me about yourself. What are your interests? Have you been anywhere other than philippines?
Girl: I'm simple girl, study "any subject"
Me: Oh very cool, "then I explain myself in a few sentences."
girl: oh ok

Then It ends a few days later with me just giving up. Maybe I should be more patient but I thrive on good conversation and the good portion of these girls lack the ability to hold conversations.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Yeah, I had exactly the same experience. I signed up for Filipina Cupid once as an experiment. I got like 50 messages a day. Filipinas seem very desperate to me and it just seems like they would date ANY white guy, it doesn't matter what he looks like or how old he is.

The latin dating sites (Colombian Cupid, Dominican Cupid, etc.) are very different. I get a lot less interest there and the girls are a lot pickier. However, the girls that do show interest are sometimes very attractive.