Guangzhou is a better city than Shenzhen

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

zboy1 wrote:
KokujinKrusader wrote:I've been going out a lot with locals, trying to learn the ropes. This is not like Japan where you could get by with English; here, you are expected to speak Chinese, or at least I am.

The people here have been generally nice. I get a few "you don't belong here" stares, but for every one of those, I get a "welcome to China", and even some stares of interest, and smiles. My lack of Chinese and confidence makes it hard to approach though, and I don't want to misconstrue anything and ruin what few good thoughts they may have had about me.
Yes, learning Chinese will definitely help expand the scope of girls you are dating; I had to break-up with some, because of the difficulties associated with the language barrier...

Also, if you don't want to deal with the more 'Westernized' Chinese females--who usually speak good English--then you will have to learn the language, in order to meet more traditional, and less 'Westernized' Chinese girls.

Most Chinese girls dating foreign men, are either the highly-successful, highly-educated, well-traveled types (who have been overseas to countries like the USA, many times), gold-digggers, hoes, or the more 'Westernized' Chinese females. In order to meet Chinese women who don't fall into those categories, then you need to be fluent in Mandarin.
F.UCKING THANK YOU! Somebody else gets it!!!!!! #NoSexualPun
Umm zboy1? Ummm, sex/intimacy is the universal language that everybody understands, so did you bang them before you broke up due to the language barrier? I had some Thai rice and Thai CO.CKroaches that were thick with some protein crunch that were curious about me, too lol