Cebu City Girls

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:I read some thread on another forum and it sounds like CDO women are strange and hard to get laid compared to other cities (inclding davao and cebu city). and that its very backwoods and poor. I think a lot of the girls there will be slow to put out and often be scammers due to being so naive. Sounds like davao would be better option if one is gonna go off the beaten path but not too extreme. although i think the airport in davao isn't near the actual city i think someoen said? thats a huge con.
The city of CDO is actually upscale by Philippines standards. Clean, nice malls, sophisticated. Of course it's the Philippines, which means there are still plenty of poor people.

What you will find is that there is less experience with foreigners than in Cebu or Manila. IMO, that's good. OTOH, if you just want someone to put out immediately, the bars are still the best bet. If you're truly interested in a partner, I would seriously consider both CDO and Davao.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

green1976
Freshman Poster

Post by green1976 »

Array9 wrote:
green1976 wrote:I'm preparing at the moment a trip to the Philippines in November.
This plan will be first by going to Pattaya like 2 weeks and after going to the Philippines for maybe one month.
I've tested one dating site and i found the responding ratio,interest better for filipina than for Thaies,so it's a good point.
As my trip is not very soon,one month before the travel i will start seriously to prepare the ground.
I was thinking going to Cebu but the reviews are mixed.
Manila i've heard is to be to some points avoided.

What to do as most of the girls are from Manila and big cities like Cebu but there you are more confronted with the pollution,the overcrowding,the fact cities women are less approachable in general than countryside and the farang exotism is less prevalent?

I won't do as in Thailand where i can go there without knowing somebody..i hit Pattaya and i know what to do but in the Philippines i'm not for this.

So i hope to atleast land around 10 reliable contacts if i can say like this.
Where it will be..that is the question?

I want to avoid crime ridden places like i've heard of many parts of Manila.
The names of Puerto Galera,Dumaguete,Boracay keep coming back on many forums.
Does somebody here have reviews?

Day time cold approach is not my speciality.
I'm more an introvert guy and thanks to the bitchy antipathic behavior of women at home and yes it's maybe better than in the US here in France but it still sucks.

I think i will do correctly in the Philippines as in Thailand i'm ok.
Hoping to hear more of you detaling your experiences and for those who have done both Thailand and the Philippines,your opinions are welcome.
I was able to meet quite a few girls in Mindanao. You should be safe as long as you stay in the north. A central hub in Mindanao is Cagayan de Oro. From CDO, you can hit multiple destinations like Illigan city, Ozamiz, Butuan and even Surigao.

In CDO, I stayed at the Apple Tree Resort(http://appletreeresortcdo.com/index.html). When I stepped out of my room, I was only a few feet away from the beach. There is a mall and plenty of restaurants within a 15 minute taxi ride. Looking at the website, it looks like the prices have slighty increased since I was there a few years ago.

Surigao is another nice little town right on the water. I stayed at the Tavern hotel(http://www.hoteltavern.com/) and absolutely loved it. There is a nice island resort not far from Surigao called Siargo island. I didn't get a chance to visit there but on my next visit, I will check it out.

The good thing about these small towns is that you don't have a ton of foreigners there so you kind of stand out to everyone. For me, there was no need for "game". I was able to meet ladies from the Internet who also introduced me to their friends. As long as you are not into P4P, you should do fine there.
Thank you,my pleasure to read your opinion.
CDO was actually on my list but i forgot to add it.
I will come back in the thread to add more spots compiling what i see on many forums.

How would you trust the airlines of the Philippines?
It's easier to travel around Thailand compared to the Philippines as the infrastructure are not so good and the islands makes this more dificult.

And yes for sure i need to have a fair number of contacts before coming there.
Going without it i sincerely doubt i could take the jump leaving Pattaya as it's quit addicting.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

Post by newlifeinphilippines »

but then mindanao has a lot of power otuages would could effect your online dating and my online work and if your staying here for months? I think even will n dowd recently complained of power outages effecting his dating and maybe he was in davao? not sure where he was at but i heard mindanao has a lot of outages.

Also guys were commentin that CDO hotels were very risky and shady often not knowing english and getting stuff stolen. Since i work online i need to stay at a reputable place.

maybe davao is better for some of us who a more long term option.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:but then mindanao has a lot of power otuages would could effect your online dating and my online work and if your staying here for months? I think even will n dowd recently complained of power outages effecting his dating and maybe he was in davao? not sure where he was at but i heard mindanao has a lot of outages.

Also guys were commentin that CDO hotels were very risky and shady often not knowing english and getting stuff stolen. Since i work online i need to stay at a reputable place.

The good news is that this is the reason that for some few guys, cities like CDO and Davao (and plenty of others) end up being a great place to visit or live. Guys hear "Mindanao is full of terrorists and you should avoid it." "I got robbed in CDO - avoid it." And so they don't come - leaving the place pretty unspoiled.

My first gf (a Mindanao girl) fizzled before I met the woman who I married. By that point I had a good friend (only a friend) who lived in CDO. Since my next trip to the Philippines was already booked, she said "Come to CDO. I will throw you a party and invite some of my friends." I arrived and for 3 days we did nothing but have swimming and dance parties. The girls were young, sweet and unspoiled by not having much previous contact with Westerners. I had a fabulous time.

I can't say that in 3 days I saw all of the city. I'm sure there are poor neighborhoods and crappy hotels. But I saw a lot and would recommend it as a place to live. No, you're not gonna find lots of bar girls or tons of foreigners. If that is what a guy needs - stick to the big cities.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

davewe wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:but then mindanao has a lot of power otuages would could effect your online dating and my online work and if your staying here for months? I think even will n dowd recently complained of power outages effecting his dating and maybe he was in davao? not sure where he was at but i heard mindanao has a lot of outages.

The good news is that this is the reason that for some few guys, cities like CDO and Davao (and plenty of others) end up being a great place to visit or live. Guys hear "Mindanao is full of terrorists and you should avoid it." "I got robbed in CDO - avoid it." And so they don't come - leaving the place pretty unspoiled.

My first gf (a Mindanao girl) fizzled before I met the woman who I married. By that point I had a good friend (only a friend) who lived in CDO. Since my next trip to the Philippines was already booked, she said "Come to CDO. I will throw you a party and invite some of my friends." I arrived and for 3 days we did nothing but have swimming and dance parties. The girls were young, sweet and unspoiled by not having much previous contact with Westerners. I had a fabulous time.

I can't say that in 3 days I saw all of the city. I'm sure there are poor neighborhoods and crappy hotels. But I saw a lot and would recommend it as a place to live. No, you're not gonna find lots of bar girls or tons of foreigners. If that is what a guy needs - stick to the big cities.

There is a lot of bargirls and bars in CDO and davao. They are filipino bargirls. also freelancers there too. Not all bargirls are for foreigners. Filipinos have their own. Thats something i didn't know until i read up on it so now i know you can't assume that there aren't bargirls in other parts of the counry.

yeah id like to explore but for me i know this hotel and get a great rate and feel secure here. id pay more and maybe risk a loss of my belongings with very sensitive material which i cannot since i work online. Maybe its something I can do for a short trip to explore but mindanao girls are slow so you might need more than a quick visit to find a girl you click with.

your story doesn't sound that appetizing to me though, you had a girlfriend there but it didn't work out and you settled on a cebu girl instead. The other girl was a friend who invited to you other friends. In other words no action because mindnao girls are like that. Not my idea of fun i dont become friends with women unless we are gonna be lovers. Mindanao girls are a little slow and tend to believe in teh filipino idea of courtship. they also claimed that most of the online women there flaked and were very conservative or just not that great. seems like it would be a double edged sword in that most of the girls will be slow to open up to foreigners or not show up. cebu girls are a little smarter and liberal but i dont trust them lol

my girl is from zamboanga and we do not click cause of her background and growing up in mindanao despite being in cebu for last 5 years. Maybe if she was born and raised in cebu wed have clicked better. i chatted with other girls from zamboanga or mindanao that were in cebu and didn't really click with them either they seemed conservative and rather bland or dumb. The more modern or intelligent girls are in cebu or luzon. hammanta also met a girl from mindanao who was virgin and wanted a chaperone everywhere for a week. I would never do that LOL I guess i dont want a backwoods girl. Im demanding and expect a girl who can handle me not some virginal or ultra prude type. I dont want a cheap slut but i dont want a girl that is gonna bore me to tears. I want a happy medium. Those girls are great for marriage though i guess cause you can trust them but id be bored of tears and hurt them in the end im looking for a relationship not marriage yet though.
davewe
Experienced Poster

Post by davewe »

newlifeinphilippines wrote:
davewe wrote:

There is a lot of bargirls and bars in CDO and davao. They are filipino bargirls. also freelancers there too. Not all bargirls are for foreigners. Filipinos have their own. Thats something i didn't know until i read up on it so now i know you can't assume that there aren't bargirls in other parts of the counry.

yeah id like to explore but for me i know this hotel and get a great rate and feel secure here. id pay more and maybe risk a loss of my belongings with very sensitive material which i cannot since i work online. Maybe its something I can do for a short trip to explore but mindanao girls are slow so you might need more than a quick visit to find a girl you click with.

your story doesn't sound that appetizing to me though, you had a girlfriend there but it didn't work out and you settled on a cebu girl instead. The other girl was a friend who invited to you other friends. In other words no action because mindnao girls are like that. Not my idea of fun i dont become friends with women unless we are gonna be lovers. Mindanao girls are a little slow and tend to believe in teh filipino idea of courtship. they also claimed that most of the online women there flaked and were very conservative or just not that great. seems like it would be a double edged sword in that most of the girls will be slow to open up to foreigners or not show up. cebu girls are a little smarter and liberal but i dont trust them lol

my girl is from zamboanga and we do not click cause of her background and growing up in mindanao despite being in cebu for last 5 years. Maybe if she was born and raised in cebu wed have clicked better. i chatted with other girls from zamboanga or mindanao that were in cebu and didn't really click with them either they seemed conservative and rather bland or dumb. The more modern or intelligent girls are in cebu or luzon. hammanta also met a girl from mindanao who was virgin and wanted a chaperone everywhere for a week. I would never do that LOL I guess i dont want a backwoods girl. Im demanding and expect a girl who can handle me not some virginal or ultra prude type. I dont want a cheap slut but i dont want a girl that is gonna bore me to tears. I want a happy medium. Those girls are great for marriage though i guess cause you can trust them but id be bored of tears and hurt them in the end im looking for a relationship not marriage yet though.
I doubt that either CDO or Davao would be for you. But based on your numerous complaints about the country and your girl, what is. I simply said that for a guy wanting a smaller city than Manila or Cebu they are nice alternatives. And such a guy if he is respectful will find plenty of girls not as spoiled by foreigners or monger types.
Array9
Freshman Poster

Post by Array9 »

green1976 wrote:
How would you trust the airlines of the Philippines?
Usually when you travel in between the many islands of the Philippines, you take smaller airplanes, which I don't like. Another thing that I noticed is that many flights are canceled or delayed when it rains.
Men chase, women choose

As long as you have gold in your hand, you will ALWAYS have bread on your table.
newlifeinphilippines
Veteran Poster

davewe wrote:
newlifeinphilippines wrote:
davewe wrote:

I doubt that either CDO or Davao would be for you. But based on your numerous complaints about the country and your girl, what is. I simply said that for a guy wanting a smaller city than Manila or Cebu they are nice alternatives. And such a guy if he is respectful will find plenty of girls not as spoiled by foreigners or monger types.
I may visit there first next time i come to phil just out of curiosity if i see some on the dating site that peek my interest.. maybe thats why most guys here seem to have a sex crazed filipina cause they are dating cebu girls who have been ran through many guys before. Thats what i suspect thats why i assume girls from other lower key areas wont be like that. I dont want a girl that has been run through foreigners either, but it just seems like the girls from mindanao are a little too backwoods in general in regards to intellect and experience and culture.