Japanese Women Or Korean Women for Marriage

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Re: Japanese Women Or Korean Women for Marriage

Post by CannedHam »

Yohan wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 11:42 am
CannedHam wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 7:34 am
..... South Korea is a well-developed country, there just isn't as much of a need for Korean women to look abroad. I would guess Japan is similar, but with extra cultural differences, language barriers, and nationalism thrown in.
Your observation is correct. Other Asian countries are also nationalistic minded, not only Japan.

However South Korea is now a Christianity-orientated nation, with Buddhism already a minority. Korean Churches are everywhere, worldwide and in South Korea you have various mega churches which can sit more than 20.000 people. In Japan however Christianity except in some places like Nagasaki and Yamaguchi was not very successful, most Japanese stay with Shinto/Buddhism as religion.

Japanese women, compared to Korean women are more polite and calm and try to avoid quarrels. However Korean women are more talkative and good in entertainment.

There are more Japanese women than Korean women. I share your opinion, there is no need for both of them to look around for foreign men - South Korea and Japan are not like the Philippines....

Language barrier is the same in South Korea and Japan - Most Koreans and Japanese are not good with foreign languages.

Japanese and Korean are often similar to each other but still it needs a while - some years - to be able to communicate fluently in one of these 2 languages if your native language is English ... or in my case German.

My Japanese is quite good, but my Korean is merely basic...

International/interracial marriage and living in South Korea or Japan is not so easy for many Western men.
I see this with my fellow countrymen in Japan, a few stay, but many leave....
Yeah, I know tons of young Chinese women are gaga over Korean guys. Lots of Vietnamese, Philippine, Thai, etc. women as well. Korean guys have it pretty good.

And it makes sense. South Korea is seen as a "cool" country with Kpop dominating the music scene, the prevalence of Korean TV/movies, food etc. Not to mention South Korea is fairly stable, wealthy, clean, safe, and there is a high degree of liberty.

And of all the Asian countries, Korean guys are easily the "best" - every guy I've known has been easygoing, hardworking, cultured, and has a good sense of humor. Also things like wife-beating and having mistresses are generally not tolerated in South Korea. It really doesn't make sense for a South Korean woman to look elsewhere.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

CannedHam wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 4:05 pm
Yeah, I know tons of young Chinese women are gaga over Korean guys. Lots of Vietnamese, Philippine, Thai, etc. women as well. Korean guys have it pretty good.

And it makes sense. South Korea is seen as a "cool" country with Kpop dominating the music scene, the prevalence of Korean TV/movies, food etc. Not to mention South Korea is fairly stable, wealthy, clean, safe, and there is a high degree of liberty.

And of all the Asian countries, Korean guys are easily the "best" - every guy I've known has been easygoing, hardworking, cultured, and has a good sense of humor. Also things like wife-beating and having mistresses are generally not tolerated in South Korea. It really doesn't make sense for a South Korean woman to look elsewhere.
Economically it really does not make any sense for a Japanese/Korean woman to look for foreign men. For what reason should they do so?
In both countries, South Korea and Japan, there is a shortage of young women, especially in rural areas.

If you compare the listing of the world bank about income per person incl. purchasing power/pricing of goods etc. you will find out, that Japan/South Korea are almost equal with rank 26 and 29 out of 186 countries per person / approx. USD 44.000,-

This is about the same income as Italy or New Zealand per person.

The average income in South Korea and Japan is considerably higher compared with other Asian countries like China (#81 USD 17.000), Thailand (#74 USD 19.000) and not to talk about Philippines (#118 USD 10.000) or Vietnam (#127 USD 8000).

Travel is now restricted due to this Covid-19 problem. However South Korea and Japan are also within the top ranking of best passports worldwide, free to travel to approx. 135 countries without any visa/or visa on arrival. Easy to travel to other 'rich' countries worldwide - no need for a 'spouse visa' or 'invitation guarantee', visa application procedure with long waiting lines etc. Just get on a plane....Any man, any woman from South Korea and Japan has no problem to pay for air ticket and hotel accommodation worldwide....
yick
Experienced Poster

Post by yick »

Chinese women - and I have taught plenty of them - are gaga for Korean actors and stars who have a certain look - floppy hair, in shape, kind of asexual - I have to say this about them - they don't give a shit about white guys as much as white guys think they do :lol: They like their own heartthrobs also, the one they seem to like at the moment is move actor Haoran Liu.

The average Korean guy, I don't think they really care too much about them, Chinese girls are very lookist when it comes to foreign men, Chinese men are able to get away with a different standard, still, even then, Chinese girls like good looks in a man - I tend to think East Asian women are very 'lookist'

Wife beating and having misteresses aren't tolerated in South Korea? :lol: Oh right, I wonder who frequents the many 'barber shop' whorehouses all over Korea? They usually bar foreigners from going in the vast majority of them.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

yick wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 6:15 am
Chinese women - and I have taught plenty of them - are gaga for Korean actors and stars who have a certain look - floppy hair, in shape, kind of asexual - I have to say this about them - they don't give a shit about white guys as much as white guys think they do
-----
The average Korean guy, I don't think they really care too much about them, Chinese girls are very lookist when it comes to foreign men, Chinese men are able to get away with a different standard, still, even then, Chinese girls like good looks in a man - I tend to think East Asian women are very 'lookist'
Unlike with Japanese and Koreans, it is very difficult for me to find a certain behavior pattern of Chinese people.

Who are Chinese people? I met Hakka Chinese in Thailand, Hokkien Chinese in Malaysia, Cantonese Chinese in HongKong, Han Chinese in Taiwan and their way of life, how they speak etc. is not really the same (unlike Japanese...)

Chinese women are often totally different from each other...body size, looks, dialects, behavior, intelligence, educational background, also their social way of life - some are poor, some are rich, some are careful with their hygiene, others are very dirty, etc.
there is no 'typical Chinese woman' if you ask me.

Some Chinese girls might be interested to marry a foreigner and to move abroad, but I found many are not and/or prefer a Chinese man, including an overseas Chinese man.

About Korean men, I cannot say that Chinese girls are running after them (except maybe some Singapore party girls dreaming of rich Korean male Pop-stars). It is more about that Korean men with the help of marriage brokers are looking around somewhere in rural areas in China and Vietnam and Myanmar etc. for a wife who is a daughter from a poor family.

Wife beating and having misteresses aren't tolerated in South Korea? :lol: Oh right, I wonder who frequents the many 'barber shop' whorehouses all over Korea? They usually bar foreigners from going in the vast majority of them.
Korean people can be very aggressive to each other, at the workplace and also within their own families. From all what I have seen in Korea and among Koreans in Japan, men and women are equally violent-ready. It's in their mentality. It's surely not only 'wife-beating' from men to women and Korean women are not always the victims, but also frequently the aggressors.

Even in Japan, where people are 'softer' to each other and domestic violence laws are weak, government surveys about domestic violence show that Japanese women and not so few of them frequently start violent disputes, figures are about 70 percent men against women, 30 percent women against men, but often both partners are equally violent against each other. Alcohol, gambling and debts play a major role starting violent quarrels.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Yohan wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 11:14 pm
Even in Japan... often both partners are equally violent against each other.
That is also the case in America where research has shown that domestic violence is most often initiated by the FEMALE. Of course the narrative is that the male starts the violence, but is because too few men hold violent women legally accountable and because society does not condemn female against male violence nearly as harshly.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 11:24 pm
Yohan wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 11:14 pm
Even in Japan... often both partners are equally violent against each other.
That is also the case in America where research has shown that domestic violence is most often initiated by the FEMALE. Of course the narrative is that the male starts the violence, but is because too few men hold violent women legally accountable and because society does not condemn female against male violence nearly as harshly.
Yeah, all post 1980 studies basically everywhere have shown that most domestic violence is initiated or committed by women. Everyone in the field knows this. They just don't care.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Cornfed wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 11:26 pm
Yeah, all post 1980 studies basically everywhere have shown that most domestic violence is initiated or committed by women. Everyone in the field knows this. They just don't care.
This is true - various domestic violence studies in USA but also in EU show that women are more violent than men.

Women are also leading concerning child mistreatment. Boys are more severely mistreated than girls.

It is not true that women are the weaker partner during disputes, as they frequently use items like heavy ashtrays etc. as weapons against men causing serious injuries.

Women in general, regardless the crime, get away with more lenient sentences, the average was calculated with 18 months less in jail for identical crimes of any kind compared with those sentences of men.

Divorced women, if they are (rarely) subject to pay child support, hardly pay even a single dollar and never serve jail time because of that.
They have also a better life behind bars compared to men with more benefits if they are incarcerated.

Compare that with the situation if you are a man - and the feminist tells you there is still not enough equality for all these poor women ....