Japanese Women or Korean Women for Marriage

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
CannedHam
Freshman Poster

Re: Japanese Women Or Korean Women for Marriage

Post by CannedHam »

Yohan wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 11:42 am
CannedHam wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 7:34 am
..... South Korea is a well-developed country, there just isn't as much of a need for Korean women to look abroad. I would guess Japan is similar, but with extra cultural differences, language barriers, and nationalism thrown in.
Your observation is correct. Other Asian countries are also nationalistic minded, not only Japan.

However South Korea is now a Christianity-orientated nation, with Buddhism already a minority. Korean Churches are everywhere, worldwide and in South Korea you have various mega churches which can sit more than 20.000 people. In Japan however Christianity except in some places like Nagasaki and Yamaguchi was not very successful, most Japanese stay with Shinto/Buddhism as religion.

Japanese women, compared to Korean women are more polite and calm and try to avoid quarrels. However Korean women are more talkative and good in entertainment.

There are more Japanese women than Korean women. I share your opinion, there is no need for both of them to look around for foreign men - South Korea and Japan are not like the Philippines....

Language barrier is the same in South Korea and Japan - Most Koreans and Japanese are not good with foreign languages.

Japanese and Korean are often similar to each other but still it needs a while - some years - to be able to communicate fluently in one of these 2 languages if your native language is English ... or in my case German.

My Japanese is quite good, but my Korean is merely basic...

International/interracial marriage and living in South Korea or Japan is not so easy for many Western men.
I see this with my fellow countrymen in Japan, a few stay, but many leave....
Yeah, I know tons of young Chinese women are gaga over Korean guys. Lots of Vietnamese, Philippine, Thai, etc. women as well. Korean guys have it pretty good.

And it makes sense. South Korea is seen as a "cool" country with Kpop dominating the music scene, the prevalence of Korean TV/movies, food etc. Not to mention South Korea is fairly stable, wealthy, clean, safe, and there is a high degree of liberty.

And of all the Asian countries, Korean guys are easily the "best" - every guy I've known has been easygoing, hardworking, cultured, and has a good sense of humor. Also things like wife-beating and having mistresses are generally not tolerated in South Korea. It really doesn't make sense for a South Korean woman to look elsewhere.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

CannedHam wrote:
October 17th, 2020, 4:05 pm
Yeah, I know tons of young Chinese women are gaga over Korean guys. Lots of Vietnamese, Philippine, Thai, etc. women as well. Korean guys have it pretty good.

And it makes sense. South Korea is seen as a "cool" country with Kpop dominating the music scene, the prevalence of Korean TV/movies, food etc. Not to mention South Korea is fairly stable, wealthy, clean, safe, and there is a high degree of liberty.

And of all the Asian countries, Korean guys are easily the "best" - every guy I've known has been easygoing, hardworking, cultured, and has a good sense of humor. Also things like wife-beating and having mistresses are generally not tolerated in South Korea. It really doesn't make sense for a South Korean woman to look elsewhere.
Economically it really does not make any sense for a Japanese/Korean woman to look for foreign men. For what reason should they do so?
In both countries, South Korea and Japan, there is a shortage of young women, especially in rural areas.

If you compare the listing of the world bank about income per person incl. purchasing power/pricing of goods etc. you will find out, that Japan/South Korea are almost equal with rank 26 and 29 out of 186 countries per person / approx. USD 44.000,-

This is about the same income as Italy or New Zealand per person.

The average income in South Korea and Japan is considerably higher compared with other Asian countries like China (#81 USD 17.000), Thailand (#74 USD 19.000) and not to talk about Philippines (#118 USD 10.000) or Vietnam (#127 USD 8000).

Travel is now restricted due to this Covid-19 problem. However South Korea and Japan are also within the top ranking of best passports worldwide, free to travel to approx. 135 countries without any visa/or visa on arrival. Easy to travel to other 'rich' countries worldwide - no need for a 'spouse visa' or 'invitation guarantee', visa application procedure with long waiting lines etc. Just get on a plane....Any man, any woman from South Korea and Japan has no problem to pay for air ticket and hotel accommodation worldwide....
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Chinese women - and I have taught plenty of them - are gaga for Korean actors and stars who have a certain look - floppy hair, in shape, kind of asexual - I have to say this about them - they don't give a shit about white guys as much as white guys think they do :lol: They like their own heartthrobs also, the one they seem to like at the moment is move actor Haoran Liu.

The average Korean guy, I don't think they really care too much about them, Chinese girls are very lookist when it comes to foreign men, Chinese men are able to get away with a different standard, still, even then, Chinese girls like good looks in a man - I tend to think East Asian women are very 'lookist'

Wife beating and having misteresses aren't tolerated in South Korea? :lol: Oh right, I wonder who frequents the many 'barber shop' whorehouses all over Korea? They usually bar foreigners from going in the vast majority of them.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

yick wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 6:15 am
Chinese women - and I have taught plenty of them - are gaga for Korean actors and stars who have a certain look - floppy hair, in shape, kind of asexual - I have to say this about them - they don't give a shit about white guys as much as white guys think they do
-----
The average Korean guy, I don't think they really care too much about them, Chinese girls are very lookist when it comes to foreign men, Chinese men are able to get away with a different standard, still, even then, Chinese girls like good looks in a man - I tend to think East Asian women are very 'lookist'
Unlike with Japanese and Koreans, it is very difficult for me to find a certain behavior pattern of Chinese people.

Who are Chinese people? I met Hakka Chinese in Thailand, Hokkien Chinese in Malaysia, Cantonese Chinese in HongKong, Han Chinese in Taiwan and their way of life, how they speak etc. is not really the same (unlike Japanese...)

Chinese women are often totally different from each other...body size, looks, dialects, behavior, intelligence, educational background, also their social way of life - some are poor, some are rich, some are careful with their hygiene, others are very dirty, etc.
there is no 'typical Chinese woman' if you ask me.

Some Chinese girls might be interested to marry a foreigner and to move abroad, but I found many are not and/or prefer a Chinese man, including an overseas Chinese man.

About Korean men, I cannot say that Chinese girls are running after them (except maybe some Singapore party girls dreaming of rich Korean male Pop-stars). It is more about that Korean men with the help of marriage brokers are looking around somewhere in rural areas in China and Vietnam and Myanmar etc. for a wife who is a daughter from a poor family.

Wife beating and having misteresses aren't tolerated in South Korea? :lol: Oh right, I wonder who frequents the many 'barber shop' whorehouses all over Korea? They usually bar foreigners from going in the vast majority of them.
Korean people can be very aggressive to each other, at the workplace and also within their own families. From all what I have seen in Korea and among Koreans in Japan, men and women are equally violent-ready. It's in their mentality. It's surely not only 'wife-beating' from men to women and Korean women are not always the victims, but also frequently the aggressors.

Even in Japan, where people are 'softer' to each other and domestic violence laws are weak, government surveys about domestic violence show that Japanese women and not so few of them frequently start violent disputes, figures are about 70 percent men against women, 30 percent women against men, but often both partners are equally violent against each other. Alcohol, gambling and debts play a major role starting violent quarrels.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Yohan wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 11:14 pm
Even in Japan... often both partners are equally violent against each other.
That is also the case in America where research has shown that domestic violence is most often initiated by the FEMALE. Of course the narrative is that the male starts the violence, but is because too few men hold violent women legally accountable and because society does not condemn female against male violence nearly as harshly.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 11:24 pm
Yohan wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 11:14 pm
Even in Japan... often both partners are equally violent against each other.
That is also the case in America where research has shown that domestic violence is most often initiated by the FEMALE. Of course the narrative is that the male starts the violence, but is because too few men hold violent women legally accountable and because society does not condemn female against male violence nearly as harshly.
Yeah, all post 1980 studies basically everywhere have shown that most domestic violence is initiated or committed by women. Everyone in the field knows this. They just don't care.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Cornfed wrote:
October 18th, 2020, 11:26 pm
Yeah, all post 1980 studies basically everywhere have shown that most domestic violence is initiated or committed by women. Everyone in the field knows this. They just don't care.
This is true - various domestic violence studies in USA but also in EU show that women are more violent than men.

Women are also leading concerning child mistreatment. Boys are more severely mistreated than girls.

It is not true that women are the weaker partner during disputes, as they frequently use items like heavy ashtrays etc. as weapons against men causing serious injuries.

Women in general, regardless the crime, get away with more lenient sentences, the average was calculated with 18 months less in jail for identical crimes of any kind compared with those sentences of men.

Divorced women, if they are (rarely) subject to pay child support, hardly pay even a single dollar and never serve jail time because of that.
They have also a better life behind bars compared to men with more benefits if they are incarcerated.

Compare that with the situation if you are a man - and the feminist tells you there is still not enough equality for all these poor women ....
varrok104
Freshman Poster

Post by varrok104 »

I’ve spoken with both Japanese and
Korean women both online and in person. In my experience I’ve had an easier time hitting it off with Koreans women. Not only do I hit it off with Korean women better but Korean people in general. Japanese women have struck me in two ways: either being robotic(as in super serious) or fake.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Re: Japanese Women or Korean Women for Marriage

Post by chanta76 »

There is reason why the Philippines is the go to country for sexpats or to look for a girl. Poverty is the biggest reason.
South Korea and Japan does not have that. A Korean girl could buy a plane ticket and come to USA if she wants ...same with Japanese girls.
If they go foreign men..they will want high standards..must be tall, good looking decent income etc..etc..and close to their age.

Most Korean and Japanese women have the local Korean or Japanese men chasing them...it's different dynamic compare to a poor country.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

chanta76 wrote:
February 8th, 2023, 7:47 pm
There is reason why the Philippines is the go to country for sexpats or to look for a girl. Poverty is the biggest reason.
South Korea and Japan does not have that. A Korean girl could buy a plane ticket and come to USA if she wants ...same with Japanese girls.
If they go foreign men..they will want high standards..must be tall, good looking decent income etc..etc..and close to their age.
Most Korean and Japanese women have the local Korean or Japanese men chasing them...it's different dynamic compare to a poor country.
True, and there also other reasons to mention.

Japan and South Korea have clearly more local men married with foreign (mostly Asian) women, than local women married with foreign men. Taiwan too BTW. It's not a place looking for girls.

About Japan, I can say after living here since more than 4 decades, many foreign men and some women too come, try, and after not more than 2 years they are gone again, some of them without dating anybody, some of them divorced. Some of them without job, running out of money and with visa and working permit related issues. Also housing related problems, language problems etc.

Foreigners who stay here and want to stay long-time in Japan, for example from my own native country in Europe, are really very few, all with a reasonable job and with Japanese family and able to communicate fluently in Japanese.

The only foreigners who stay in Japan for long-time are mostly Koreans and Chinese, many of them born in Japan, Brazil-Japanese, some Filipinos and Thai, Asian-Americans etc. - yes, people who are somehow related to Japan or otherwise from nearby countries.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

I don't really care who you guys marry.
I am Korean American living in the U.S who dealt with hundreds of Korean women in Korean town and beyond.
Personally I don't find Korean women that great. They are real ball busters and real ill tempered, maladjusted psycho b*tches. Korean women are God awful. I feel sorry for Korean guys for putting up with the b*tch. That's why Korea has the LOWEST birthrate on the planet. Korean men are ok and some are great.
If you guys want to bang Korean women, go ahead. But you will all regret later once you marry and she turned into "Ajummas", (middle aged Korean women with kids).
I guess Yohan is happy with his Japanese wife, thank god for him for dodging the bullet.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Natural_Born_Cynic wrote:
February 9th, 2023, 8:18 am
I don't really care who you guys marry.
I am Korean American living in the U.S who dealt with hundreds of Korean women in Korean town and beyond.
Personally I don't find Korean women that great. They are real ball busters and real ill tempered, maladjusted psycho b*tches. Korean women are God awful. I feel sorry for Korean guys for putting up with the b*tch. That's why Korea has the LOWEST birthrate on the planet. Korean men are ok and some are great.
If you guys want to bang Korean women, go ahead. But you will all regret later once you marry and she turned into "Ajummas", (middle aged Korean women with kids).
I guess Yohan is happy with his Japanese wife, thank god for him for dodging the bullet.
Thank you for your comment,
Indeed, I have no problem with wife (together since 46 years) and no troubles with our two daughters, now 41 and 44, there are also grandchildren and a Filipina fosterdaughter, now 27. I have a good time in Japan, especially after retirement, and also have a second home in Thailand. All OK, no complaints.

About Korean women and women from Taiwan, I know only 3 men from my native country who married them and it was still OK as long as they were living in Japan or nearby (HongKong, Taipeh, Seoul, Tokyo) but after recall back to Europe, all 3 were facing a divorce.
About Japanese women and men from my own country, there are only a few who decided to stay in Japan permanently, but those marriages are still OK, no divorce. Only 1 woman from my country who married a Japanese man, decided for divorce and moved back to Europe. There are also a few European/Japanese (including my 2 daughters) who prefer to live in Japan, married into Japanese families and I do not know about a divorce so far.

If I compare Japanese with Koreans living in Japan, both men and women, I find Koreans very aggressive, often violent-ready within their families and co-workers. South Korea is really small, overpopulated and has this never ending discussion about North Korea and blaming everything which is going wrong to the Japanese and WWII.

-----------------------------------------------------------

What are the good sides of Korea, at least for me - but I am not a Japanese of course. I like Korean food, and I like to be sometimes among other people who are not Japanese (LOL, but if you live as an European man in Japan for more than 4 decades, you need some change, some different environment for a while - despite all is fine, you get the feeling sometimes just out from here...)

I also learnt a long time ago to play accordion, a music instrument very popular in Korea, both North and South...
especially in restaurants too.

I like Korean musicians, singers, classical music - the Korean performers are the best in all Asia.

I don't know how familiar you are with them and if you are into classical music....I think you will recognize some names...
my favorite performers are;

박지혜
한규원
신델라
고소현
서정학
김수연
송소희
김동규
임병수

I like Korea a lot, but surely not because of Korean women...
It's a great place for me, similar to Japan, but different.

Unfortunately my Korean language knowledge is poor...mixing up Korean words with Japanese words especially nouns which are often similar, but forget quickly verbs, which are totally different from Japanese...yes, I can read Hangul too, not only Japanese...
but I need more exercise to improve my little Korean language knowledge.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

@Yohan

Well..I don't mean to generalize, but you might feel the same with your native country Austrian women.
It's funny that people from other countries hate their women. Of course, I am not the exception.
Because I am 100% Korean, I had different experience with Korean women compared to white foreigners.

However, I have seen many white foreigners who were treated like as child or as son by his korean wife, not as a husband or a man. I feel sorry for the guys. They are tightly controlled by their wives.

Some white foreigners I know of couldn't take the daily hysteria, screeching, whining, very controlling behavior of a Korean women.
This one white guy stabbed his korean wife to death. IDK his name. He was on the news.

Yes compare the Japanese, Koreans are aggressive and unruly people. Even Japanese say Koreans are too "high spirited" or too "aggressive" for their taste. I am Korean but I don't like daily confrontations and plenty of micro aggressions in Korea. It's bad jarring energy. I am more inclined to Japanese temperament, but some times I have to prepare to fight other Koreans. In Korea, even in their parliaments the politicians fist fight each other. You have to aggressive and ready to fight with everybody and ready to not give a sh*t about your fellow man. Your fellow man will likely do the same.
You put a team of Koreans, they likely try to establish a hierarchy, fight each other and spread bad rumors with each other, etc.

Korean people are not reliable friends either despite what others say about Korean people have strong bond or "정". That's a load of crap.
Korean people are prone to jealousy, competition, and backstabbing toward each other. You better off not befriending most of them.

I am not familiar with those names that you listed because I don't listen to Korean classical music. I can read and write Korean.
I like to listen to Korean Rock which is underrated in Korea. I like artist such as : N.E.X.T, 서태지, 국가스탄, 디아블로, 크래쉬 , etc.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

I'm Korean. I married a Korean girl and we are still married. Is it perfect ? No. I do have friends who are divorce but they married a Korean American girl. Korean American girls are different from native Korean girls. Korean women did change compare to 10 or 20 years ago. So I don't know how bad it got.
But years ago I did date Korean girls. They were ALLOT better than the local American girls. At least from my experience. So I'm not saying I disagree with you but I have different experience.

My wife is still traditional where she does most of the house work cook and clean etc..but is it perfect no. My in laws do not bother me or have any expectation.

I find that Korean girls in Korea that marry white guys tend to be on the edgy side not necessary the traditional type . But again times change allot in Korea that superficiality and lookism is super big in Korea and yes the feminist movement in Korea is becoming more and more like a copy cat of western women feminism. Surprising Japan does not copy cat that type of feminism movement.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

@chanta76

I am glad you're doing well at least.
It seems that my experience with Korean people were very different then yours. I didn't always get along with Korean Americans and people from Korea. It seems that I was in a different wavelength to them. Never liked K pop and Korean nationalistic tripe they play on the Korean news all day.
And ten years ago, I was in a church retreat with bunch of Koreans and there were two cliques, the koreans and the korean americans. Even both of them didn't get along with each other and slept in a different room. Oil and water. Even koreans don't like their own kind..they always say in America "be careful of other koreans, they gonna cheat you and rip you off", etc. Well so much for the solidarity.. :roll:

I don't think Korean American girls and Korean girls are that different. They both have the same materialistic and shallow mind set. I couldn't have any deep conversations with them and some of them...I can't stand. Some of them I want to slap them hard for being a rude b*tch. Korean food is alright but other country's food are just as good. Spanish food is similar to Korean food. They have the rice, beans, and meat or fish. I don't understand the massive "health benefit" or hype for korean food. All spicy, salty, fatty, MSG, etc. And the Korean government promote "K-food" for global export...oh give me a break. Please... :roll:

Oh no.. Korean women changed for the worst for the last 20 years. Back in the 90's Korean women wasn't as artificial and bat sh*t crazy. Some of them were alright. Now, Korean women's heart blackened and she thinks being a selfish, materialistic, backstabbing, hysterical b*tch is showing her power.. Give me a break. I say it again.. that's why South Korea has the lowest birthrate on the planet. Google it. Who in the right mind want to stick their penis into those plastic surgery monster harridans. Eewww.