36 Freedoms in China that America Doesn't Have! What the Media Never Tells You!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Re: 36 Freedoms in China That America Doesn't Have! Must See

Post by El_Caudillo »

Thanks for your opinion retiredfrank, I think there is some hope for China, but sure corruption is still a big problem. Yes, you are right trying to get people to stay on topic is something silly to take on. I don't think it's this forum in particular, but the vast majority of them. Things either descend into hatred and insults or get moderated into political correctness. Who am I to say what the happier abroad forum should be about anyway?
Even Billy knows that, just ask Mr S!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

El_Caudillo
Freshman Poster

Post by El_Caudillo »

Guys, when you are in China, it's stressful, foreign, loud, crowded - but, don't miss the opportunity...

Go to the museums
Hit the bars
Get out into the countryside
Learn the language
Exercise
Read a few books about the place
Try all the food
Talk to the taxi drivers
Meet expats who are not from your country

It is a frustrating place in many ways, but - don't just stew in your apartment, don't get too isolated, don't just try to pick up girls!
Even Billy knows that, just ask Mr S!
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

El_Caudillo wrote:
Not if you ask.like that I won't, do some research.

This forums such a waste of time.
Teenage son slams bedroom door shut. The reason you won't is because you are incapable.
The reason I won't, is because you are acting like a snappy arrogant little twat. That's probably why.
Last edited by Eric on November 29th, 2016, 10:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Another freedom: freedom to not be involved in a race war like America is undergoing now.

Blacks, Asians, Arabs & Hispanics Are Racially Attacked Nationwide After Trump Election Victory

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7cOkRotAzo[/youtube]

Old White Man Attacked For Voting Trump by Black Hillary Clinton Supporters in Chicago

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_c5xfuPCq4[/youtube]

I'm set to go back to the States for a few weeks to visit family, but I'm worried about traveling around considering all the racial violence going on now, so I think I'll carry some mace and a knife whenever I'm at in the States. :shock:
OutWest
Veteran Poster

Post by OutWest »

zboy1 wrote:Another freedom: freedom to not be involved in a race war like America is undergoing now.

Blacks, Asians, Arabs & Hispanics Are Racially Attacked Nationwide After Trump Election Victory

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7cOkRotAzo[/youtube]

Old White Man Attacked For Voting Trump by Black Hillary Clinton Supporters in Chicago

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_c5xfuPCq4[/youtube]

I'm set to go back to the States for a few weeks to visit family, but I'm worried about traveling around considering all the racial violence going on now, so I think I'll carry some mace and a knife whenever I'm at in the States. :shock:

You have been listening to sensational nonsense.
Unless you are visiting some inner city hell hole,
You have little to worry about. Asians and whites who avoid the hood have very small likelihood if being involved with crime.
Guhji
Freshman Poster

Post by Guhji »

I had no idea that anyone here had a 1M plus net worth, save for maybe Winston. Well Frank, that is a tidy sum you've managed to save up, and at young age as well, so cheers to you. I wish that I were as competent with money. Nevertheless, I would still maintain that a mil today is not a lot of money, and ~2K a month will not provide for a particularly great life anywhere. American in Bangkok, Travis Kraft etc. would probably confirm. I myself spent some time in Mexico, and quickly realized that my potential passive income of ~800 USD/mo was not going to cut it there, no way, not even close.

Point being, the developing world is not so cheap as one would hope or (it seems like many here) would like to believe. The price of everything-rent, food, women-continues to rise, will your ESL income rise enough to compensate? It had better, because after more than a few years in that field, you' won't be able to transition into more lucrative options. You won't have the skills necessary to do so. You will be stuck. Not so bad if you're in your mid twenties. Really bad if you're in your 30s or 40s. Of course, if you enjoy babysitting people, then more power to you. But don't be surprised if the class sensitive Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Thais etc. treat you like dirt. Right or wrong, they treat you like they would treat any hired help. Again, not so bad to be treated poorly when you're young. Pretty demoralizing though if you're an old man, with a modicum of self respect.

The market has broken out to new all time highs. Not coincidentally we have a new, pro business, president. I will continue to plow all available cash into high yield index funds as I believe we are in the beginning stages of a new bull market run, on the heels of a market correction and subsequent range bound trading. The real economy should remain strong in the years to come, so if someone was interested in changing careers, now might be a good time to do so. I've heard that interstate truck driving can lead to a six figure income. Of course it would take some time to reach that level. No pain, no gain. Might be a good job for an introvert, someone who likes solitary travel, and wants peace of mind from all the political BS that most careers tend to involve.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

One last remark. English teaching is a deadend career, but it's not a bad idea as a short term job for a young person who doesn't yet have a solid career and wants some international experience, more than could be obtained by traveling as a tourist. Think of it as a way to get free exposure to another culture. If you get exploited by your employer, that is a valuable learning experience. Best to learn from other people's mistakes, but sometimes you have to learn from your own.

Given that east Asia is currently the world center for cheap contact manufacturing, one thing English teachers in China should try to do is somehow get involved with that industry. Hook up with a small American company that has some labor-intensive part they want cheaply manufactured, and then find a Chinese company to do this work, or hook up with a small Chinese company that wants to do such work and find American customers for them. Another possibility is have some cheap item manufactured and then sell it on Amazon. What you have to offer versus a Chinese business person trying the same thing is better understanding of the American consumer plus the ability to write marketing material in proper English.

Intermediating business deals cannot be easily automated by computers like English teaching, so the future is good, there is less age discrimination (experience is actually an asset), it is not an easy line of work to break into so competition is less, there is the potential for very big money.

Try to get involved in all phases of the deal: the contract, quality control, shipping, dispute resolution, etc. You'll probably fail and be cheated at first. Again, take that as a learning experience. If you are serious about international business as a long term career, you need to learn the local language.
droid
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by droid »

zboy1 wrote:Another freedom: freedom to not be involved in a race war like America is undergoing now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7cOkRotAzo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C_c5xfuPCq4

Zboy, It's not that much racial but rather a reflection of the level of crassness and douchebaggery now prevailing in the US. Straight out of idiocracy.
Last time I went to the movies in Florida a couple of years ago, some idiots started fighting with "hey shut up" followed by "make me!" back and forth for a while, until one of the chumps got up and went down to throw his drink at chump number two, who then chased him and both left the room.

Sometime later on i went to eat with a couple friends to eat at a sports bar. We needed another chair and i approached some people and tapped a muscle head dirtbag and asked if I could take the chair. The cocksucker didn't even turn, even after a second tap. To be fair one of the girls looked at me and said it was ok, she was nice, but you get the picture, plenty of nuke worthy material.
And so on...

Which brings me to another freedom:

-Freedom from douchebaggery:

No assholes tailgating you on big trucks giving you the finger, no sportsbikers yelling, no crazy kunts angrily honking and hand-gesturing behind you. No stupid one upmanship. Very few tattoos, although it's staring to get popular too.
People do some horse playing but it's not that perennial snark we are familiar with.

Here traffic is crazy and they honk and sneak on every opening and jump red lights, but it's not personal, there are no confrontations, people don't get up in the morning looking for trouble. Traffic is not an excuse to engage in personal attacks on others.

I must say though, people here do have a threshold above which they lose it and become very vicious, from what I've seen. But it's pretty easy to stay well below that point.
1)Too much of one thing defeats the purpose.
2)Everybody is full of it. What's your hypocrisy?
D_Athlete
Freshman Poster

Post by D_Athlete »

edit
Last edited by D_Athlete on December 2nd, 2016, 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Guhji wrote:I had no idea that anyone here had a 1M plus net worth, save for maybe Winston. Well Frank, that is a tidy sum you've managed to save up, and at young age as well, so cheers to you. I wish that I were as competent with money. Nevertheless, I would still maintain that a mil today is not a lot of money, and ~2K a month will not provide for a particularly great life anywhere. American in Bangkok, Travis Kraft etc. would probably confirm. I myself spent some time in Mexico, and quickly realized that my potential passive income of ~800 USD/mo was not going to cut it there, no way, not even close.

Point being, the developing world is not so cheap as one would hope or (it seems like many here) would like to believe. The price of everything-rent, food, women-continues to rise, will your ESL income rise enough to compensate? It had better, because after more than a few years in that field, you' won't be able to transition into more lucrative options. You won't have the skills necessary to do so. You will be stuck. Not so bad if you're in your mid twenties. Really bad if you're in your 30s or 40s. Of course, if you enjoy babysitting people, then more power to you. But don't be surprised if the class sensitive Chinese, Koreans, Japanese, Thais etc. treat you like dirt. Right or wrong, they treat you like they would treat any hired help. Again, not so bad to be treated poorly when you're young. Pretty demoralizing though if you're an old man, with a modicum of self respect.

The market has broken out to new all time highs. Not coincidentally we have a new, pro business, president. I will continue to plow all available cash into high yield index funds as I believe we are in the beginning stages of a new bull market run, on the heels of a market correction and subsequent range bound trading. The real economy should remain strong in the years to come, so if someone was interested in changing careers, now might be a good time to do so. I've heard that interstate truck driving can lead to a six figure income. Of course it would take some time to reach that level. No pain, no gain. Might be a good job for an introvert, someone who likes solitary travel, and wants peace of mind from all the political BS that most careers tend to involve.
Guhji, get a reality check. Not everyone is a loser and poor because you want to think that is true. Frank is right about that.

And living in the third world on $800, oh please.

I live in the third world. Maybe not every 3rd world nation is the same but here a darkie on $500 per month lives in a shack, no car, eats pap. In the turd world nothing is free. Proper education, proper health care, security, an old age pension etc is all up to you. The strong survive, the weak die. On $3000 per month I would just survive ( i have kids). I need a minimum of $5000 just to sustain my first world life. And my house is paid with no debt so I buy all big things cash, pay kids school and university cash etc.. In USD terms I am in the 6 digits. I guess $100 000 per year in the USA makes you just middle class? Here you start living well. Anything less, then not. $50 000 you would survive as middle class pay cheque to pay cheque with a small house and a bond. I live much better than i would in the USA and I work only 25 hrs per week. I dont need to work more as I cant spend what i earn except throwing it away on toys and heifers that bring me no joy.

1 M is barely enough to retire. Remember no old age pension, no health care etc. You need money to live on, money to pay your health care, old age home, private nurse (not a darkie) etc. Try multiply that a few times. Like my daughter is a national level athlete. As a white there is no sponsorship for the trips to europe. You pay. She needed a sports related Op. Of course parents must pay. and in a private hospital with a white doctor and a room with only one other white. You think you can do that on $800 or even $2000???

Teaching english in an asian country. LOL. If you want to live like that and never be able to support a family, well no wonder no white or yellow woman will look at you. In SA young whites will go that during their early 20s as a gap year. Not a serious career.

Man up. Life is not easy as a white man or a yellow man. It never has been. Our families expect better than a shack and no income so we can 'find ourselves'. I am not lost so why find myself? As a yellow man you have the same pressures as a white man, but probably more family pressure and your self esteem and conscience as well. Like white men won't get depro as easy as a yellow man for feeling a failure. But the yellow man is harder working I think and maybe can cope with stress better. I have my own stress relief mechanism and am very happy with my life. As opposed to Frank who feels not marrying and having kids is his failure, for me it would be not be able to bear up to the misery required to make my family work. But I am very much involved my kids lives. That affects a white man, where maybe for a yellow man it is more approval of his parents?? I dont know not having much experience with the asian mindset.

Besides my kids, I have little contact with my family. they think the army and the border war changed me. Ja, it made me a proud disciplined white man ready to stand up and not afraid of the odds :lol: And made me far broader in mindset in terms of duty and responsibility. A yellow man might be traumatised by family censure? I dont give a shit. I can earn more than enough without them. I have a great relationship with my kids and we do things together. Like bike trips. dinner out etc. What teenagers want to go out in public with dad? How many teenagers brag I went on a bike trip across the country with my dad for the holidays and met his old army and police friends. we went riding bikes in the sand dunes and shooting and met their kids so now have friends all over the country. The only times they want to avoid dad is when they are out with nonwhite friends with big mouths :lol: Dad is not PC and feels f all for offending a darkie. Pick yourself up and be proud man. Sounds like there is nothing wrong with you but your self esteem.

I am so non PC I dont even know if the term yellow man is supposed to be offensive. I dont follow such trends. But I do not intend it as such. I use it in the same way I say white. Maybe the PC rerm is asian, but fark the PC arseholes.

Regards from an apartheid dinosaur with no intention of going extinct :lol:
Guhji
Freshman Poster

Post by Guhji »

I've agreed with pretty much everything you've written. Your numbers are more in line with what I'm thinking, so not sure what your problem with me is?

I didn't know that you and Frank were worth millions. Well, good for you. I wish I was in your shoes.
Kradmelder
Experienced Poster

Post by Kradmelder »

Guhji wrote:I've agreed with pretty much everything you've written. Your numbers are more in line with what I'm thinking, so not sure what your problem with me is?

I didn't know that you and Frank were worth millions. Well, good for you. I wish I was in your shoes.
I have no problem with you at all. My point is you seem like a good man and are selling yourself short, and trying to pull everyone else down with you. I am not into the hedge fund thing. I am no yuppie and rather a bush person hwo s not very social, by choice. I tend to turn down invites. Stop comparing yourself and follow your path. You have the education, the values, and the good character. Regroup and reorganise and evaluate your strengths. It would seem to me you would be a good reliable catch for a yellow woman. But hey, who knows how women think :lol: I stopped caring long ago.
Gadfly
Freshman Poster

Post by Gadfly »

Guhji wrote:There's a British pastor I once heard say, that a man at about 40 years of age fully realizes the extent of everything he's done, and everything he's failed to do. I am a 41 year old Korean man. My hair is either falling out or turning grey. My stomach sags, my knees hurt. I'm not quite the lopsided human bowling ball that Winston is, but I'm not far off. My best days are behind me and I lie here in bed and wonder, as you sit and wonder 7k miles away and a decade younger, what went wrong? Where did I go wrong?

I did what I was told. I studied hard, hard enough to get into the University of Chicago. Some of my classmates went on to become hedge fund managers. I wonder why I didn't end up like one of them? Maybe because I was psychologically burdened by all the fears, doubts, insecurities, and low self esteem that you were/are afflicted by. I doubt it though, not unless you're a short, ugly, stumpy invisible Asian man. You had different problems, I guess.

I did go on to become gainfully selfemployed and accumulated enough cash and material possessions to live a comfortable, albeit mediocre life. Still undateable "invisible" Asian man, though. So, maybe my luck would change if I moved to a different country? Has yours? Has anyone's? Women see you for what you are, even if you don't, and it's only their opinion that matters.

Nobody cares about you, man. No one. Life of man is a warfare against the malice of other men. There is nobody on this earth willing or able to help you, and now you've really got to put on your running shoes because you're way behind. It doesn't matter that I'm out of touch or that you were the victim of "whatever". None of that matters, not now, not for you.
This is one of the dumbest posts I've ever read. I have no sympathy for you whatsoever. And I’m Asian, just like you.

As you have by now discovered, nobody cares about your stupid university. It’s worthless. You might as well have graduated from Podunk State College. You are still not respected, and your status is at rock bottom.

You seem to be doing quite well for yourself, which is to say better than most people in the west. And still, you whine like some faggoty loser. And you have the nerve to call this forum "a watering hole for idiots and delusional losers"? Well, then you've come to the right place because you just described yourself. I doubt you're going to be happy anywhere else, if you're not happy where you are now, with your "comfortable, albeit mediocre life."
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

D_Athlete wrote:yick, where do you get this BS nonsense that most Chinese girls don't want anything to do with foreigners? :D

5 years ago they worshiped white men. They'd do anything to be with one; they'd give up their families to get one, or secretly f-ck one incognito. Now it's obviously not the case, and it's due to Chinese becoming richer, and anti-white/pro nationalist brainwashing in China, and a flood of English teachers into every city who make shit salaries and spend their entire (what little they have) paycheck on booze and partying.
You seem to lack a clue about the mentality of women, which is basically, they like what they see in the mirror, what they find attractive is someone that is akin to them - which is why Zhang Jike is a pin up in China when he would be nowhere else. Same goes for all those Korean soap opera stars - do you think white women in America go ga-ga for them? Do they hell.

Chinese girls in the main aren't bothered about foreigners and they have never worshipped white men, what happened in your case is that you frequented the expat bars of whatever city you lived in, came across Chinese girls who had a foreigner fetish in expat bars and then foolishly think that most Chinese girls have a foreigner fetish.

Here are some unarguable facts, there are 1.5 billion Chinese people here, that means, someone somewhere in this country - someone likes f***ing Chinese men because there are a lot of Chinese children which would need a Chinese mans sperm - that would make sense - it would also make sense that a Chinese woman finds a man with Chinese features similar to hers attractive

Do you spend all your paycheque on booze and partying (and subscriptions to Chinese dating websites) well then, more fool you.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

D_Athlete wrote: And there is always potential to move on to international school positions. Hell, open up your own school or teach privates at your own rate and make 6 figures a year. My main full-time job pays $3000 usd a month. Just don't go the Yick route, and work in a university for 6000 RMB a month in Bumfuck, Henan province. :D
Yick likes Bumfuck Henan because he doesn't have to listen to fellow expats whinge 'There's no good Mexican food around here maaaaaaaaaaaan, I am going back home!' What? You couldn't handle living in a place like this, good - that is why I live here. 8)

There are a lot of people talking about ESL on here who have no idea about it, Gujhi certainly has no clue about it - he is bringing his Korean social mores to the conversation where it doesn't really have a place in it. Being an English teacher in xyz has no more or less prestige than being a bank employee, a traffic warden, a lawyer or whatever - I have a mate working for the local government back in the UK (which was once a job for life) and he is always worrying when the next job cuts are going to affect his department - he is living on borrowed time and he knows it really but he is hoping he can see out the last ten years so he can secure his pension - I wouldn't swap my ESL job in China for that existence - f**k that.

If you have a degree in basketweaving and that's it - marrying and having a family on an ESL wage is not the greatest idea. What you need to do - preferably before getting married and having kids - is getting qualified with a PGCE/teaching license or an MA TESOL - so you are competitive for some really well paid jobs. I have a mate who works for the British Council and he is on great money living in Shanghai - he works more but he gets more money - I like my time off to do the things I wan't - I could get a job alongside him because I am as qualified as him - I don't want it because - you know what - we're all different.