How well do Chinese girls take breakups?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
HouseMD
Veteran Poster

Re: How well do Chinese girls take breakups?

Post by HouseMD »

Adama wrote:
HouseMD wrote:If it's not you, it'll be someone else. Not a lot of risk to you- in many ways less than a normal relationship, because drama could destroy her marriage, which most people in these situations don't want. Plus if you knock her up, more often than not she'll pass it off as the father's kid, alleviating you of child support.
If a man gets a married woman pregnant, he should feel relieved because the wife will pretend like it's her husband's?

This sounds to me as if this is a recommendation to defraud another man on multiple levels. I am glad such talk doesn't come from my lips, and I am glad I do not speak nor recommend such things. Would God consider this conceiving mischief or devising to do evil? With such speech you run the risk of making yourself an enemy of Christ.
Hey, I'm just laying it out how it is. You can say you're holier than thou or whatever, but I live in the real world. Ideally a guy would settle down but I don't see much of a difference between a married slut and a single slut, they're both functionally the same.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

HouseMD wrote:
Adama wrote:
HouseMD wrote:If it's not you, it'll be someone else. Not a lot of risk to you- in many ways less than a normal relationship, because drama could destroy her marriage, which most people in these situations don't want. Plus if you knock her up, more often than not she'll pass it off as the father's kid, alleviating you of child support.
If a man gets a married woman pregnant, he should feel relieved because the wife will pretend like it's her husband's?

This sounds to me as if this is a recommendation to defraud another man on multiple levels. I am glad such talk doesn't come from my lips, and I am glad I do not speak nor recommend such things. Would God consider this conceiving mischief or devising to do evil? With such speech you run the risk of making yourself an enemy of Christ.
Hey, I'm just laying it out how it is. You can say you're holier than thou or whatever, but I live in the real world. Ideally a guy would settle down but I don't see much of a difference between a married slut and a single slut, they're both functionally the same.
So let me get this straight. In your real world, men should be willing to go with another man's wife, and when she gets pregnant, that man should let her husband raise his child, and never let the husband know that the child he thinks is his really isn't? And the child doesn't deserve to know who the real dad is either? That sounds like pure evil to me.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Who has honor, and who is without honor? Who is awake and who is asleep? It's all plain to him that understands. Anybody who has completely forsaken the law walks in darkness, because the commandments are a lamp.
keius
Freshman Poster

Post by keius »

Bao3niang wrote:This is an answer coming from a Chinese guy. Decent, at least somewhat traditional girls will expect long-term commitment. A sudden breakup will hurt them, a lot. Doesn't mean they will never recover from it, but it will have a great emotional impact on them for a long period of time. The more 'modern' and Westernized ones, however, will give less of a damn. Heck, they may even agree to casual / short-term relationships.
The above response is the answer to the forum topic.
All these moral platitudes should be taken to another topic.

As an addendum to the above:
Someone else already mentioned it but I'll reiterate it. This only applies to Chinese girls in China (as this is what applies to you) and not outside of China generally.
A decent girl will take a big reputation hit in addition to whatever emotional hurt is incurred. If she lives in the area where she's actually dating you, it will impact her for the rest of her dating life. These things are impossible to hide.

Especially with a foreigner, she'll be considered used goods. Typically when marriage is in the works, the prospective partner's family will arrange for an 'investigation' into the girl or guy's background.
A past relationship with a foreigner is a big no-no and could be a deal breaker. When dating a Chinese guy, for some reason, Chinese folks don't always assume that a girl sleeps around with him. With a foreigner, everyone in the whole town assumes she sleeps with him. Hypocrisy but that's how things work. Foreigners have a reputation in China.

Anyway, Winston had a great point. It's best to maneuver things in such a way that she breaks up with you and not you with her.
You can check Youtube on horror stories where foreigners got burned very badly after a break up.
In China, as a foreigner, you are vulnerable. You know how laws work there and how they apply to foreigners. If you don't, then you need to research it. If she doesn't care about her reputation, all it takes is something like an assault or rape accusation and you are done for.