Is it really easy for a man that looks like a troll (like this one) to get a Filipina wife?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is it really this easy for a man that looks like a real troll (like this one) to get a Filipina wife?

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

WorldTraveler wrote:
July 3rd, 2020, 6:40 pm
There a couple of more videos here of after the fact about what Ed and Rose are doing today. Ed overall is a stupid guy and says a lot of dumb things to FU a good relationship. Interesting is that after Ed left Rose had a lesbian relationship. My guess is that Rose is bisexual or even a lesbian, and she just got pregnant by some guy along the way. Philippines and SEA seems to be about 20% gay. Easy to find lesbians or bisexual girls there.
No Neck Ed as a genetic disorder, KFS, that makes him look that way. His fattness is his own doing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q47AOaj-Kck

I found Ed socially awkward and culturally incompetent, but generally likable. The girl was the unlikable one if you ask me. But since she was young, female and reasonably attractive, the wave of sympathy goes to her side. It did not help that Ed was 31 years her senior. Most women over 29 deeply resent that and most married cuck men do too.

Looks to me that he has a more fulfilling relationship with his dog which I think are better overall companions for men anyhow.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is it really this easy for a man that looks like a real troll (like this one) to get a Filipina wife?

Post by MrMan »

She wanted kids. He didn't, and according to the show, slept with her before telling her that. So I can understand if she's upset about it.

She's a single mother and poor. That puts her down in the ranking. Expats are rich and higher status. So she could end up with an older, much less attractive expat and it would probably make sense to her, but not if he didn't want kids.

Someone should tell him to expect that all pretty young Filippina women want kids.

She does look pretty, an 8+ maybe.

I've seen a number of clips about these two on YouTube. I saw another season's clip about a normal-looking guy who went to the Philippines for a girl, and he wouldn't eat the pork lechon they cooked, suspecting it to be dirty or something. It looked cooked. I don't get why an American wouldn't eat that unless he just didn't eat pork. Just about anywhere, people don't like it if they cook huge quantities of food in your honor and you won't eat.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

MrMan wrote:
July 3rd, 2020, 8:51 pm
She wanted kids. He didn't, and according to the show, slept with her before telling her that. So I can understand if she's upset about it.
I don't see anything wrong with that. If it was that important an issue for her, she should have made that known BEFORE she slept with him. I know guys like to ignore female accountability, but she is an adult.
MrMan wrote: She does look pretty, an 8+ maybe.
That high? If she had a pleasing personality, a less manly voice, and no bastard child, I would give her a 7 tops. But then again, I don't know how bad women look there. There is a oft repeated saying that the best looking women in the Phils are lady-boys. There might be something to that.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

MrMan wrote:

She's a single mother and poor. That puts her down in the ranking. Expats are rich and higher status. So she could end up with an older, much less attractive expat and it would probably make sense to her, but not if he didn't want kids.

Someone should tell him to expect that all pretty young Filippina women want kids.

I've seen a number of clips about these two on YouTube. I saw another season's clip about a normal-looking guy who went to the Philippines for a girl, and he wouldn't eat the pork lechon they cooked, suspecting it to be dirty or something. It looked cooked. I don't get why an American wouldn't eat that unless he just didn't eat pork. Just about anywhere, people don't like it if they cook huge quantities of food in your honor and you won't eat.
Most dark-skinned FIlipinas dream of having kids from a foreign man. A mixed white kid is some sort of status symbol among lower-class Filipinas. Hard to tell how much of her desire to have kids is genuine and how much was scripted.

Surely, to be cynical (like most FIlipinos with each other), in her condition even a peaceful marriage with a foreigner who will support her, her son Prince and her family in Manila, with the opportunity to live in the US, would be a very prized outcome. If those scenes are at all real, she probably used the Ed's "no kids" statement as a stopper because she was already one inch away from giving up and that was the final straw.

I personally like dark-skinned girls but she is not an 8. If she had a professional photoshoot and make-up she would get to be a 6+, maybe.

Talking about morenas, these are 8s for me.

hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

MrMan wrote:
I saw another season's clip about a normal-looking guy who went to the Philippines for a girl, and he wouldn't eat the pork lechon they cooked, suspecting it to be dirty or something. It looked cooked. I don't get why an American wouldn't eat that unless he just didn't eat pork. Just about anywhere, people don't like it if they cook huge quantities of food in your honor and you won't eat.
Yeah, that's Larry and Jenny, another popular American-Filipina couple from the show. That story ended up in marriage and she lives with his man in the US. Judging from the latest gossip, they look reasonably happy together.

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is it really easy for a man that looks like a troll (like this one) to get a Filipina wife?

Post by yick »

I haven't watched the video (I can't! :? ) but from the information gleaned from the posts on here, he's a single father with a daughter?

Well, men are a lot more tolerant about dating single mums than single childless women are about dating single fathers, that's for sure! So even if she is a single mum, if you are a single dad, you're only getting single mums, you're only getting single mums once you're past 30 (35 tops...) whatever your family status is.

I would rather go without than even contemplate dating a single mum, never mind settling down and setting up home with one - but if you are a single father, then single, childless, attractive women are not going even entertain it! No chance!

A single mum from the Philippines is his best shot, how many women are in that country again? 70 million women? They're good odds for anyone.

Saying that, many a teacher I knew who had to work in the Middle East and stay there to fund a family and a home had married Filipinas and Thais - no way would I subject myself to that however beautiful they were.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

hypermak wrote:
July 3rd, 2020, 9:28 pm
MrMan wrote:

Most dark-skinned FIlipinas dream of having kids from a foreign man. A mixed white kid is some sort of status symbol among lower-class Filipinas. Hard to tell how much of her desire to have kids is genuine and how much was scripted.

Surely, to be cynical (like most FIlipinos with each other), in her condition even a peaceful marriage with a foreigner who will support her, her son Prince and her family in Manila, with the opportunity to live in the US, would be a very prized outcome. If those scenes are at all real, she probably used the Ed's "no kids" statement as a stopper because she was already one inch away from giving up and that was the final straw.

I personally like dark-skinned girls but she is not an 8. If she had a professional photoshoot and make-up she would get to be a 6+, maybe.

Talking about morenas, these are 8s for me.

Everyone's taste is different. To my eyes, only the last one from the bottom is better-looking than she is--and the one right below her if she is a different girl from the picture below that. The picture you chose of the reality show girl wasn't the most flattering, IMO.

What is an 8 anyway? Does that men 80th percentile out of all the women in the world, including all the fat and old women?
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

MrMan wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 6:21 am
hypermak wrote:

Everyone's taste is different. To my eyes, only the last one from the bottom is better-looking than she is--and the one right below her if she is a different girl from the picture below that. The picture you chose of the reality show girl wasn't the most flattering, IMO.

What is an 8 anyway? Does that men 80th percentile out of all the women in the world, including all the fat and old women?
The first 2 are from the same girls, 3 and 4 are different girls.

It's actually hard to find famous people who are morenas in the Philippines. They all have an obsession for whitening their skin to look more northern Asia or mestizo-looking. Most actresses, models and media personalities all seem to have a non-Filipino ancestry. Really sad, as the vast majority of the Philippine population is indeed dark or very dark skinned and this pearl-white elite doesn't represent them in the slightest!

No surprise all the utmost beauty standards in the country are of half-Western girls. One example for all: Liza Soberano

A few years ago this cute girl was spotted by a pro photographer while begging. She belongs to a nomad tribe called Badjao, who apparently are once a year allowed to roam the street asking for money.

She was very pretty but also very young. She was given a some pro photoshoots and a seat at a local Big Brother competition, if I am not wrong.

She is a very rare case of morena from the lower rungs of Filipino society who was, exceptionally, allowed to get a spot in this world of whitewashed starlets.

My opinion? This obsession with white skin is absolutely bonkers and unhealthy to perpetuate, especially on media that is viewed by tens of millions of frustrated, dark-skinned, women and men. I don't find it classist in the modern democracy sense, I find it in the Gattaca/Elysium kind of sense.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

hypermak wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 8:15 am
My opinion? This obsession with white skin is absolutely bonkers and unhealthy to perpetuate, especially on media that is viewed by tens of millions of frustrated, dark-skinned, women and men. I don't find it classist in the modern democracy sense, I find it in the Gattaca/Elysium kind of sense.
It can work to your advantage. If you do not care about the opinions of Filippinos, you can pick out a 10 or near 10 with dark skin who looses three or four points in Filippino eyes for being too morena.

I remember when I first went to Indonesia, there was this really beautiful cashier who had dark skin and very exotic features. But I didn't speak Indonesian and couldn't communicate. I didn't realize the attitudes toward darker skin at the time. But a lot of Indonesians would not have seen the beauty for the dark complexion.

Somehow the darker skin Malayu people's manage to reproduce themselves and keep the skin tone going in spite of the media obsession with lighter skin.

A friend of mine shared his theories he adapted from articles in Psychology Today that men tend to marry women like their mothers. He had a Dutch friend who acted like he didn't like his plump medium-dark skinned engineer assistant, though he thought there was some attraction there. He theorized the man had a helfty mother, and probably liked fatter girls even though he wouldn't admit it. Fat people get married or find partners and make babies, too. It could be the same with darker women in these countries, that many men are attracted to them even if it does not fit the media image.

My mom was thin and pretty during my developing years, and the idea of being with a fat woman repulsed me. But that's a population of 1 I am considering, not the whole population.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is it really easy for a man that looks like a troll (like this one) to get a Filipina wife?

Post by MrMan »

It was really unwise for Ed to say he didn't want to be tested for STDs in the Philippines, but he wanted her to be. If he's afraid of the needles being dirty, he shouldn't subject the woman he plans to marry to that level of medical care. He should imagine that from her perspective.

Also, if he'd suggested they both get STD tests, he might have been able to pull that off...maybe.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

MrMan wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 8:29 am
It can work to your advantage. If you do not care about the opinions of Filippinos, you can pick out a 10 or near 10 with dark skin who looses three or four points in Filippino eyes for being too morena.
Exactly, that's indeed what many foreigners do, consciously or unconsciously. They generally end up with a girl who is cute/pretty by our (unbiased) standards but too poor or too dark skinned to be noticed by a local. It's very hard for the typical 50-yo divorced man to even approach a girl who is not from that kind of background.
MrMan wrote:
I remember when I first went to Indonesia, there was this really beautiful cashier who had dark skin and very exotic features. But I didn't speak Indonesian and couldn't communicate. I didn't realize the attitudes toward darker skin at the time. But a lot of Indonesians would not have seen the beauty for the dark complexion.

Somehow the darker skin Malayu people's manage to reproduce themselves and keep the skin tone going in spite of the media obsession with lighter skin.
That's true. I assume Indonesian women tend to be even darker skinned than Filipinas and the lucky few who have more Chinese or even Dutch ancestry tend to be considered beautiful.

I just checked out a random "hottest Indonesian models" page (https://www.jakarta100bars.com/2015/05/ ... odels.html) and, not surprisingly, we have a parade of relatively fair-skinned girls.
MrMan wrote:
A friend of mine shared his theories he adapted from articles in Psychology Today that men tend to marry women like their mothers. He had a Dutch friend who acted like he didn't like his plump medium-dark skinned engineer assistant, though he thought there was some attraction there. He theorized the man had a helfty mother, and probably liked fatter girls even though he wouldn't admit it. Fat people get married or find partners and make babies, too. It could be the same with darker women in these countries, that many men are attracted to them even if it does not fit the media image.

My mom was thin and pretty during my developing years, and the idea of being with a fat woman repulsed me. But that's a population of 1 I am considering, not the whole population.
I heard that theory, too, and it rings true. What I read is that, if we loved and respected our reference motherly figure, we will tend to look for a woman who resembles her, in looks and/or personality. If that figure was absent in our life or we hated her, we tend to choose someone who has the opposite qualities.

In reality, the lure of a physically attractive girl is hard to fight. Personally I like girls who are chesty and not so skinny.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

hypermak wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 6:51 pm
Exactly, that's indeed what many foreigners do, consciously or unconsciously. They generally end up with a girl who is cute/pretty by our (unbiased) standards but too poor or too dark skinned to be noticed by a local. It's very hard for the typical 50-yo divorced man to even approach a girl who is not from that kind of background.
A lot of Indonesian Christian girls will not even consider a divorced man, and more power to them. Some of the Muslims don't care as much since it is not an issue in their religion. Sundanese have a lot of divorce in their people-group, too.
MrMan wrote:
That's true. I assume Indonesian women tend to be even darker skinned than Filipinas and the lucky few who have more Chinese or even Dutch ancestry tend to be considered beautiful.
I'm not sure if Indonesians are darker on average. The ones I worked with in the city tended to be fairer skinned, but they tended to keep indoors. My wife got a noticeable tan once when we were first married after walking around in the market. She stays relatively light skinned, kind of olive complected. She wears hats, stays out of the sun, wears skin creams, etc.
MrMan wrote:

I heard that theory, too, and it rings true. What I read is that, if we loved and respected our reference motherly figure, we will tend to look for a woman who resembles her, in looks and/or personality. If that figure was absent in our life or we hated her, we tend to choose someone who has the opposite qualities.

In reality, the lure of a physically attractive girl is hard to fight. Personally I like girls who are chesty and not so skinny.
[/quote]

Maybe so, but it seems like a lot of men either are more strongly attracted to women I consider unattractive or are willing to settle for them. A man might see a thin, pretty model and think she is pretty, but on a subconscious level like a fat, less attractive woman, like his mother. :) My mother was thin and had 'model' looks when she was young and I was in my formative years, so I was stuck only being attracted to certain types of women. But my mom is not Asian, so it didn't extend to race, and my wife does not resemble my mother in the face. I didn't insist on a top-heavy woman, either.

I did wonder in high school why some of the boys would go with girls that seemed unattractive to me-- thick necks, fat arms, and other features I didn't care for. People have their own individual tastes. I notice I am not attracted to a woman if her chin is too big. Maybe I perceive it as a masculine feature. But if my mom or other women I spent a lot of time around as a child had big chins, maybe my perceptions would have been different.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

MrMan wrote:
July 5th, 2020, 10:50 am
A lot of Indonesian Christian girls will not even consider a divorced man, and more power to them. Some of the Muslims don't care as much since it is not an issue in their religion. Sundanese have a lot of divorce in their people-group, too.
At least you have civil divorce in Indonesia. In the Philippines divorce isn't even possible and there's a large number of men and women who become live-in partners of "separated" women and men, where "separated" effectively means they are still married and practicing adultery.

Of course not all men who pursue Asian girls, Filipina or Indonesian, are adult divorcees. As in your case, you found a quality young woman and she was in the same status as you: young, unmarried, a life ahead of them.
MrMan wrote:
July 5th, 2020, 10:50 am
I'm not sure if Indonesians are darker on average. The ones I worked with in the city tended to be fairer skinned, but they tended to keep indoors. My wife got a noticeable tan once when we were first married after walking around in the market. She stays relatively light skinned, kind of olive complected. She wears hats, stays out of the sun, wears skin creams, etc.
I think you phrased it more correctly. It's always a mix of natural skin tone and exposure to sun. From what I have noticed Indonesians do tend to be darker skinned than Filipinas. Obviously there is no way to know how much of a fairer skin tone comes from genetics, sun protection and even cosmetic procedures.

The important thing is to appreciate beauty in every colour :) And then inner beauty, which doesn't even have a colour.
MrMan wrote:

Maybe so, but it seems like a lot of men either are more strongly attracted to women I consider unattractive or are willing to settle for them. A man might see a thin, pretty model and think she is pretty, but on a subconscious level like a fat, less attractive woman, like his mother. :) My mother was thin and had 'model' looks when she was young and I was in my formative years, so I was stuck only being attracted to certain types of women. But my mom is not Asian, so it didn't extend to race, and my wife does not resemble my mother in the face. I didn't insist on a top-heavy woman, either.

I did wonder in high school why some of the boys would go with girls that seemed unattractive to me-- thick necks, fat arms, and other features I didn't care for. People have their own individual tastes. I notice I am not attracted to a woman if her chin is too big. Maybe I perceive it as a masculine feature. But if my mom or other women I spent a lot of time around as a child had big chins, maybe my perceptions would have been different.
There are lots of reasons why a man is attracted to a woman. If you see men who have already chosen a woman who doesn't seem particularly attractive, it means they will have already enjoyed whatever qualities beyond "standard" beauty canons she might have to offer. Not sure about your experience but I wouldn't discount chemistry and sex, for example.

It's quite common among young people, that the young stud will have to choose between a prettier but more conservative girl who would looks a great match to him, and the school slut who doesn't look much but had some sex experience and knows how to please a boy. And it's classic that he choose the latter in the end :)

Other qualities might be intellectual, sense of humour, ease of dealing with them, and more. All stuff that is not really apparent when you see a girl from afar or on a picture, without really getting to know her.

I personally feel I would like to settle down with a woman who resembles my mom, but more at the personality and moral quality level, rather than physical. I have a soft spot for middle eastern and Asian looking women and my mom was fair skinned dark blonde, so not much of a match with my dates.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

hypermak wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 8:15 am
MrMan wrote:
July 4th, 2020, 6:21 am
hypermak wrote:

The first 2 are from the same girls, 3 and 4 are different girls.

It's actually hard to find famous people who are morenas in the Philippines. They all have an obsession for whitening their skin to look more northern Asia or mestizo-looking. Most actresses, models and media personalities all seem to have a non-Filipino ancestry. Really sad, as the vast majority of the Philippine population is indeed dark or very dark skinned and this pearl-white elite doesn't represent them in the slightest!

No surprise all the utmost beauty standards in the country are of half-Western girls. One example for all: Liza Soberano

A few years ago this cute girl was spotted by a pro photographer while begging. She belongs to a nomad tribe called Badjao, who apparently are once a year allowed to roam the street asking for money.

She was very pretty but also very young. She was given a some pro photoshoots and a seat at a local Big Brother competition, if I am not wrong.

She is a very rare case of morena from the lower rungs of Filipino society who was, exceptionally, allowed to get a spot in this world of whitewashed starlets.

Public Duende also offered up Liza Soberano as an example of great Phil. beauty. (Calm down Spencer, it's just a coincidence.) But it's not just the Italian eye she appeals to. I'm not sure how a human being can look any better than she does in this picture.
hypermak
Experienced Poster

Post by hypermak »

gsjackson wrote:
July 5th, 2020, 7:14 pm
Public Duende also offered up Liza Soberano as an example of great Phil. beauty. But it's not just an Italian thing. I'm not sure how a human being can look any better than she does in this picture.
Oh that's interesting. She really is beautiful. Very beautiful. From what I hear, she is basically the most beautiful and recognisable Filipina in the world. I think she's even hotter than the two Miss Universe winners.

This other girl is really tickling my fancy, of late. Her name is Kelsey Merrit, obviously half-Filipina (half-American I think).

https://www.facebook.com/KelseyMerrittOfficial/

She recently rose to fame as the first Filipina to model for Victoria's Secret.