As a POC, how would you rank these Asian countries according to how receptive they are to dating a person of color?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Dipnswoop
Freshman Poster

As a POC, how would you rank these Asian countries according to how receptive they are to dating a person of color?

Post by Dipnswoop »

The POC being male.

China

Indonesia

Japan

Malaysia (Malays and Indian descents)

Philippines

S. Korea

Taiwan

Thailand

Vietnam

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Re: As a POC, how would you rank these Asian countries according to how receptive they are to dating a person of color?

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Hey Dipnswoop here's how I rank the Asian countries I believe will be accepting men of color:

1.) The Philippines

2.) Thailand

3.) Vietnam

4.) Indonesia

5.) Japan
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: As a POC, how would you rank these Asian countries according to how receptive they are to dating a person of color?

Post by MrMan »

IraqVet2003 wrote:
October 26th, 2020, 5:40 am
Hey Dipnswoop here's how I rank the Asian countries I believe will be accepting men of color:

1.) The Philippines

2.) Thailand

3.) Vietnam

4.) Indonesia

5.) Japan
I know some African men in Jakarta had married Indonesian women or had Indonesian girlfriends. But, in general, Indonesians like fair skin, and Caucasian men are seen as having higher status. Many African nations are less developed than Indonesia.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

IraqVet2003 wrote:

1.) The Philippines

2.) Thailand

3.) Vietnam

4.) Indonesia

5.) Japan
I know some African men in Jakarta had married Indonesian women or had Indonesian girlfriends. But, in general, Indonesians like fair skin, and Caucasian men are seen as having higher status. Many African nations are less developed than Indonesia.
Dipnswoop
Freshman Poster

Post by Dipnswoop »

IraqVet2003 wrote:

1.) The Philippines

2.) Thailand

3.) Vietnam

4.) Indonesia

5.) Japan
Thanks for your input Iraq vet but, IMHO, your ranking is way off! You are either not a POC or haven't been to those places...or both. Could you expand on how you came to that conclusion?
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Keep in mind that Orientals are reverse from Westerners in terms of racism. Meaning: their working/ poor classes mingle with other races, but their so called " educated" classes are way more bigoted and racist. Whereas in the US, working class/ blue collar ones are Archie Bunkers but the educated ones are kumbaya singing, race mixing, lefties.

Having said that, the Philippines leads, followed by Indonesia ( better be Muslim), maybe Malaysia but please be Muslim. Indians are usually off limits to Americans. Rare exceptions exist.

Thailand, but not so much with ethnic Thais, more with ethnic Khmers, a lot better with those.

Vietnam and then Japan.

I say Americans should stick with Filipinas period. All those other countries are cans of worms with visa problems, language problems, daily racial antipathy, cultural problems, customs and cost problems, etc. Nice to visit, not nice to live in.

Filipinas come in all colors and you can find one who looks like a Thai, a VNese, Japanese, etc.

Those other countries are all worse than the Philippines in terms of actual living, family, etc.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

ladislav wrote:
October 29th, 2020, 4:04 am
Whereas in the US, working class/ blue collar ones are Archie Bunkers but the educated ones are kumbaya singing, race mixing, lefties.
That was the case back in the 80s and 90s, but certainly not now. Working class white women are most certainly about it nowadays. The upper middle class girls can be open to it, but they are mostly interested in having themselves a good orgasm than a long term relationship.
Dipnswoop
Freshman Poster

Post by Dipnswoop »

ladislav wrote:
October 29th, 2020, 4:04 am
Keep in mind that Orientals are reverse from Westerners in terms of racism. Meaning: their working/ poor classes mingle with other races, but their so called " educated" classes are way more bigoted and racist. Whereas in the US, working class/ blue collar ones are Archie Bunkers but the educated ones are kumbaya singing, race mixing, lefties.

Having said that, the Philippines leads, followed by Indonesia ( better be Muslim), maybe Malaysia but please be Muslim. Indians are usually off limits to Americans. Rare exceptions exist.

Thailand, but not so much with ethnic Thais, more with ethnic Khmers, a lot better with those.

Vietnam and then Japan.

I say Americans should stick with Filipinas period. All those other countries are cans of worms with visa problems, language problems, daily racial antipathy, cultural problems, customs and cost problems, etc. Nice to visit, not nice to live in.

Filipinas come in all colors and you can find one who looks like a Thai, a VNese, Japanese, etc.

Those other countries are all worse than the Philippines in terms of actual living, family, etc.
Interesting how you ranked Japan last. Pretty sure it's 1sr Filipinas are hang up on skin color by a margin of a light year compared to Japanese women.