As a young brown or black man, how were you treated and viewed in the Philippines?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Dipnswoop
Freshman Poster

As a young brown or black man, how were you treated and viewed in the Philippines?

Post by Dipnswoop »

Young = 25 - 45

I'm bi racial and could pass for anything between latino to middle eastern to Persian. In the west my market value is between 7-8. I'm currently in the Philippines and honestly feel like I'm getting no love. If I had to guess my market value I'd say it's between 1-3, on a good day. I don't see any ppl of my background to connect with to get some insight from, so I have no reference.

I'm not oblivious to how it is in Asia and that they prefer white, but I'm wondering how it's really like for someone who's at the other end of the spectrum. It'd be nice to hear from someone who's traveled around these parts, perhaps a backpacker, and who's dabbled in the dating scene.

Thanks in advance!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: As a young brown or black man, how were you treated and viewed in the Philippines?

Post by Cornfed »

Dipnswoop wrote:
April 5th, 2021, 5:31 am
Young = 25 - 45

I'm bi racial and could pass for anything between latino to middle eastern to Persian.
Have you ever thought of going to Hollywood and taking the place of Cliff Curtis?
Dipnswoop
Freshman Poster

Re: As a young brown or black man, how were you treated and viewed in the Philippines?

Post by Dipnswoop »

Cornfed wrote:
April 5th, 2021, 5:55 am
Dipnswoop wrote:
April 5th, 2021, 5:31 am
Young = 25 - 45

I'm bi racial and could pass for anything between latino to middle eastern to Persian.
Have you ever thought of going to Hollywood and taking the place of Cliff Curtis?
Dude!! 🤣🤣🤣

Funny you mentioned him because I remember looking him up and feeling a connection when I found out that he was actually not Latino (played the role perfectly in training day).

Although we don't look similar, I am EXACTLY like him in ambiguity. Depending on where I am, I'm either Latino or Indian or middle eastern. In the Philippines I get middle eastern or Indian mostly.
HappyGuy

Post by HappyGuy »

In the Philippines I get middle eastern or Indian mostly.
So a fat nigger like @Contrarian Expatriate wouldn't fly all the way to the Asia to game western women in this day and age. But a mulatto or Muslim would. :| I'll have to retire your desperatenspook moniker. How does dirtynsexless sound? Or dumbnseedy? viewtopic.php?style=1&p=346271#p346271
brownwarrior2021
Freshman Poster

Post by brownwarrior2021 »

I don't know physically but on online dating of filipinacupid tons of filipinas be hitting on me or messaging me first, never had a white/black or westernized brown woman message me on online dating, even Muslim women aren't interested with chatting with me on Minder dot com. Maybe you are not approaching them right. Damndisplace07 aka DocG a black dude from youtube was killing it in Philipines.
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Post by willymonfrete »

Don't Filipinas see persians as 'amerikano'according to ladislav lol?are you medium brown or something?

I'm southern french passing with shaven face and MENA with facial hair and I met my filipina chinito gf with the facial hair and she was pretty.I have a olive skintone.

If you really look that Good,you should do well in the phils right?I read on the HA website that filipinas are nonracist and nonjudgemental!?
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Post by willymonfrete »

brownwarrior2021 wrote:
December 18th, 2021, 8:52 pm
I don't know physically but on online dating of filipinacupid tons of filipinas be hitting on me or messaging me first, never had a white/black or westernized brown woman message me on online dating, even Muslim women aren't interested with chatting with me on Minder dot com. Maybe you are not approaching them right. Damndisplace07 aka DocG a black dude from youtube was killing it in Philipines.
That's exactely what I'm thinking cuz with my pics where I looked MENA,women were all over me.Also the pics where I was shaven and had a bald head.I do do well with some muslim women online though,from arab countries.But not nearly as good as the phils or Asian women in general?

I cannot get a white woman or westernized Latina to save my life lol Latinas from Latin america are interested,and so was a white honduran from honduras I met here.