Angry, gloating "homesteaders".

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I always admired how all these E. Asians were united when abroad. Chinese and Koreans especially. They help each other a lot. They even organized a joint police force in Angeles City, Fil-Kor Police.
And in spite of all the prohibitions on owning land and businesses, they have land and businesses. Well connected and well established, they rescue and support one another. They will punish anyone who dares cross one of them, too.
Da*n! I am so jealous!
This does not seem to be the case with many Westerners ( esp. Anglos).
Dog eat dog!
" I was here before you! This is my town now. All the girls in it belong to me. And you? Who the f*** are you? What are you doing here?"
They act like they are homesteaders.
And little help or compassion
" You got screwed? Well, serve you right, du****s! How come I never got screwed? It's all because you're one stupid mo******r! And the only cure for your stupidity is for you to learn the hard way. Stupid moron! You had it coming!"
Some Westerners are nice and helpful and will give advice, but many will be indifferent. I am alright Jack!
And some will be even worse than the local scammers. They will borrow money from you or ask you to invest and then f*** you over. And then they will call you a d****s and laugh in your face.
And when you try and tell others, these will also laugh at you.
A******s!
I wish I were a Korean.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Spencer
Junior Poster

Re: Angry, gloating "homesteaders".

Post by Spencer »

ladislav wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 3:13 pm
I always admired how all these E. Asians were united when abroad. Chinese and Koreans especially. They help each other a lot. They even organized a joint police force in Angeles City, Fil-Kor Police.
And in spite of all the prohibitions on owning land and businesses, they have land and businesses. Well connected and well established, they rescue and support one another. They will punish anyone who dares cross one of them, too.
Da*n! I am so jealous!
Dog eat dog!
" I was here before you! This is my town now. All the girls in it belong to me. And you? Who the f*** are you? What are you doing here?"
" You got screwed? Well, serve you right, du****s! How come I never got screwed? It's all because you're one stupid mo******r! And the only cure for your stupidity is for you to learn the hard way. Stupid moron! You had it coming!"
Some Westerners are nice and helpful and will give advice, but many will be indifferent. I am alright Jack!
And some will be even worse than the local scammers. They will borrow money from you or ask you to invest and then f*** you over. And then they will call you a d****s and laugh in your face.
A******s!
I wish I were a Korean.
+1000000 wow!!!

whity man self descrution by divide for conquest self

so one maty say to other o last week poverty province fliper take my life savings for make best home in vilage for lifing happy forever after but then when houst finit sudenly kick me on curb hi and dry so brother can come out closet as real loverman then other maty say o bu hu serve you right dumwit for you deserving it

why o why whity not uplift other but instead when bro is down he take stick for beat down more and more
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Spencer wrote:
November 2nd, 2021, 6:33 pm
ladislav wrote:
Da*n! I am so jealous!
Dog eat dog!
A******s!
I wish I were a Korean.
+1000000 wow!!!

whity man self descrution by divide for conquest self

so one maty say to other o last week poverty province fliper take my life savings for make best home in vilage for lifing happy forever after but then when houst finit sudenly kick me on curb hi and dry so brother can come out closet as real loverman then other maty say o bu hu serve you right dumwit for you deserving it

why o why whity not uplift other but instead when bro is down he take stick for beat down more and more
@Winston how many warnings does this idiot need to be issued with before you take action?
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

ladislav wrote:
Da*n! I am so jealous!
Dog eat dog!
A******s!
I wish I were a Korean.
Sounds a lot like the Jews or the Italians in NYC back in the days, as narrated by one of those Spaghetti-wood epics...

Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

ladislav wrote:
Da*n! I am so jealous!
Dog eat dog!
A******s!
I wish I were a Korean.
I think you do not mean North Korean
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

Gali wrote:
November 3rd, 2021, 11:07 am
ladislav wrote:
Da*n! I am so jealous!
Dog eat dog!
A******s!
I wish I were a Korean.
I think you do not mean North Korean

Traditional Chinese culture operates according to a system known as 'Guanxi'-- which could translate as 'connections.' In order to do business with someone, you have to be introduced. So let's say you want to do business with Mr. Lee. Your cousin's co-worker went to college with his sister. So you get your cousin to get the co-worker to get the sister to introduce you. You owe your cousin a favor. He owes his co-worker a favor. The co-worker owes the sister a favor. You get the introduction with Mr. Lee. So now you can talk about a business deal. He may trust you more because his sister introduced you, or was involved in the introduction, and if you do something wrong, you threw your cousin and his contacts under the bus, so there will be some social reprocussions for you.

An American friend of mine was stuck in east China without a train ticket, which they said were sold out. A student he was traveling with called her relative in east China who worked at the train station (or knew someone who did) and through an exchange of favors, got them a train ticket.

Chinese people in this system keep tabs of their 'accounts' of favors that they owe and some of them try to keep others in their debt.

Since they do business with people in your network, that can result in business people helping each other out. I think Chinese business people in Indonesia, even though some of them are from families that have been outside of China for centuries, network with each other and do business together. Many of them have been quite successful building up businesses. Just think if you can get your foot in the door on being a supplier for a Chinese-owned factory because your uncle is friends with the company owner and you have a supply of the goods, and they work with you instead of a prebumi (local ethnic group) supplier because you are in the network. Chinese may also import and export to and do deals with 1other Chinese diaspora throughout the region. I would imagine being Chinese in a minority Chinese country (~5%) might intensify your feeling of being in the same 'in-group.'

I was hoping my wife's kinsmen would learn a little from the Chinese and I suggested in her ancestral village that they develop a supply chain where they sell their produce to relatives in various cities. It involved too much work they did not understand or did not have the groundwork laid for, and they were more interested in my wife's coffee branding ideas. I still think networking within the family network could help them. I envisioned not just doing cultural rituals (kind of like their own cultures unwritten Roberts Rules of Orders for offering exhortations after funerals and various other types of events) but using family gatherings to work out some business deals. Her people-group is highly collectivist, but kind of individuallistic when it comes to business.

Koreans have Inhwa, which I haven't studied as much, but which has some similarities and differences from Guanxi. https://store.hbr.org/product/wa-guanxi ... orea/BH015

Westerners tend to rely on a very strong legal tradition, especially Anglo culures. Some of these Asian cultures are more like the Wild West when it comes to legal enforcement, metaphorically speaking. They have to depend on trust and harmony, and social consequences for backstabbing someone in business may be a stronger deterrent than a lawsuit when the courts aren't reliable.