Filipino Qualities and Behaviors which I Admire:

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Filipino Qualities and Behaviors which I Admire:

Post by ladislav »

Getting along with others. Ability to avoid conflict and being very pleasant and smooth in social interactions. Being polite to other people and soft spoken.
Being nice to a stranger and not being afraid of him/her. Including a stranger into your group and quickly becoming friends with him. Any human in a Philippine society is always in some company and never lonely.
Little racial, religious and cultural discrimination ( Not zero, but little). People speak many languages and few are yelling at them to stop. In some other countries you can get arrested, beat up or even killed for speaking another language or having a different race/culture/religion. A Malay Filipino, for example, does not shout at an Aeta to go back to Africa.
Calm and patient in face of obstacles, crises and changes in circumstances. Very resilient no matter what happens.
Respect for the elderly, parents, older siblings, etc. Older people are never alone. In a lot of other countries, they just dump their older people like garbage.
Placing emphasis on education and respecting people because they are educated even if they are not rich.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Filipino Qualities and Behaviors which I Admire:

Post by MrMan »

Good idea for a thread. I could say many of these thing about their distant cousins in Indonesia.

My wife did get a little attitude when she went through Manilla to Guam to touchdown on US soil to keep her greencard active. She looks like she could be Filipina but asked questiona in English at the airport. They spoke in Tagalog. Then she said she was Indonesian and did not understand. They apologized and answered her question.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Filipino Qualities and Behaviors which I Admire:

Post by publicduende »

This is the "good story" about the Filipinos.

After many years here, I would say the negatives by far outgun the positives.