Philippines is the most wrong country on this globe to look for love

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Philippines is the most wrong country on this globe to look for love

Post by Jackfruits »

About myself, have been a lurker on this forum for more then a decade. Now finally spend 2 months in Philippines Cebu city. And from my experiences I would say this country is the MOST WRONG country on the face of this planet to look for a wife.

I'm 5'11, normal build, not overweight before coming to this country (have gotten a belly due to unhealthy food in PH), Asian-German, very light skinned guy, 35yo, actually a multi millionaire tech entrepeneur (but won't tell that anyone) so I'm definitely not your poor western grandpa. Not been showing off my wealth in any way.

And I have spend now 2 months in Cebu and think this is a rotten, dirty and expensive country filled with scammers. Tried online dating with different apps Badoo and OkCupid. signed up for paid filipinocupid and got banned the next day needing for verify with passport and credit card copy so got my money back from that from the scam site from AMEX. Worthless ALL. All women on it are scammers. Had 40+ first dates. Tried younger and older women on dating apps. All the same. Lying, scammers, prostitutes, etc all trying to take you to the cleaners or using older pics when they were younger.

I don't know how people can promote Philippines so much as men's heaven. It is not the case in reality. I have better success with western women then Filipino women. I would rather date western women then Filipinas. Really, absolutely no doubt about it. Philippines is the most wrong place on earth to find women. Unless you are willing to pay for it. Many women demand money upfront for dating them, many have sad stories, etc. In the end you will have to pay for it.

Maybe 5-10 years ago it was different but I would not recommend people go to Philllippines unless they are willing to pay for it.

Btw, I've not been taken to the cleaners by any women. Have just wasted too much time talking to them online and have been to many worthless 1st dates that I later only accepted a date with anyone if they were willing to meet me in Ayala mall central bloc, which is where my hotel was in a few minutes walking distance.

If I compare Filipino women to Russian/Ukrainian women, then I would rate the Ukrainian women even as less scammy. I think it's much more likely to marry a russian or Ukrainian girl then a Filipino woman. So much crap here. Maybe you can find better types. This is the most shitty place to look for love. Really stay away of you want to find love in Asia. I dated more normal women in Thailand a few months ago, now heading to Vietnam. Maybe that's my end destination for love.

I will never in my life come back to PH. Women are so much garbage here. Really, when they know you are foreigner they want to throw the saddest stories at you and try to scam you. Tried daygame. Yes that as well, while being a tourist and it was also a bad idea. Women here are NOT marriage material.

Now the question, do I have game? Well, i could get laid in FSU and at home as well, and I used to be seen as a " natural" when I was younger. Can talk yes. No shy one.

So wanted to share this so you guys don't make the mistake I did to come to PH.

Oh yes, hotel wifi also sucks (0-0.5mbps), globe 5G internet is also crap with if you are lucky to have 2-7mbps in Cebu it park, where I'm staying. To able to work you need to get a desk in a coworking space. I used KMC which is 5600pesos/m which has 350mbps internet.

Looking back I'm saying don't go to Philllippines. Really stay away. If you are willing to pay women 300-600/m for just dating uneducated lying scamming stupid people, be my guest.

If you want to find a wife, western countries are much better, really a lot better. I will try Vietnam and otherwise maybe just go to Russia (I do have good russian male friends as well so they will probably help me if I would ask them).

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

PocosonSnaffle
Freshman Poster

Re: Philippines is the most wrong country on this globe to look for love

Post by PocosonSnaffle »

Hey Jackfruits, I totally agree with your report. Cebu City is a piece of shit city that should be bombed. You should have gone to Manila instead, it's better (but still the Philippines, so you'd be mostly meeting up with midgets looking like apes).

I think most of SEA is shit. Better avoid this part of the globe. Probably Vietnam is your best bet yes. Indonesia, Philippines have f***ing ugly women. Thailand women are just way too flakey if you aim for the good looking girls with a decent background, not worth it.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

@PocosonSnaffle, dude WITF are you talking about? Metro-Manila is EVEN worse than Cebu/Lapu-Lapu area. IMHO The PHilippines is the Anglophone Africa in SEA! Yes you have scammers in Uganda, Tanzania, and if you aren't smart enough, South Africa can get you, too. All the aforementioned are Anglophone countries in Africa!
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Jackfruits wrote:
June 20th, 2022, 9:41 am
.....finally spend 2 months in Philippines Cebu city. And from my experiences I would say this country is the MOST WRONG country on the face of this planet to look for a wife.
And I have spend now 2 months in Cebu and think this is a rotten, dirty and expensive country filled with scammers. Tried online dating..

...All the same. Lying, scammers, prostitutes, etc all trying to take you to the cleaners or using older pics when they were younger.

I don't know how people can promote Philippines so much as men's heaven. It is not the case in reality. I have better success with western women then Filipino women. I would rather date western women then Filipinas. Really, absolutely no doubt about it.....
If you want to find a wife, western countries are much better, really a lot better....
Well, different people have different opinions.

I have been many times in Cebu and Leyte and Bohol etc. but of course Philippines is not suitable for everybody.
I have a Filipina fosterdaughter in Cebu, never had a problem with her and other Filipino people living next to her... all good and honest people.

Online dating while you are in Philippines? For what? For shorttime maybe, but if you look for a reasonable wife this is not the way to go.

About Western women, I never found even one nice girlfriend for 30 minutes, waste of time and money - so I was starting to travel and to date foreign women - and finally I left for always, never came back to Europe again.
I am originally from Austria (EU), but living now in Japan, married since more than 40 years.
Philippines is the most wrong place on earth to find women. Unless you are willing to pay for it. Many women demand money upfront for dating them, many have sad stories, etc. In the end you will have to pay for it.
How is this different with Western women in Europe?

I never met a nice Western woman anywhere in Continental Europe and UK who was single, available and was not asking for money from me within 5 minutes...

Yes, of course, some poor Filipinas are also asking for money, but their demands are by far less than what Western women expect from men....
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

I had that experience with the Filipina transgenders, the scamming and what not. But some of them weren't, I even met a few that made fun of the scammers and called them nasty names. Never tried actually meeting women from over there though. I don't know, it gets harder every year for men to find what they need to be happy in life. And I've heard the saying that sometimes we go looking for happiness in the wrong places or places that have been rated so high until... You get there and find out for yourself what it's like. You'd probably be better off meeting one who already has a job vs the ones that don't. All the filipinos I met that actually had jobs never tried to scam me.
PocosonSnaffle
Freshman Poster

Post by PocosonSnaffle »

E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
July 14th, 2022, 6:20 am
@PocosonSnaffle, dude WITF are you talking about? Metro-Manila is EVEN worse than Cebu/Lapu-Lapu area. IMHO The PHilippines is the Anglophone Africa in SEA! Yes you have scammers in Uganda, Tanzania, and if you aren't smart enough, South Africa can get you, too. All the aforementioned are Anglophone countries in Africa!
Manila has way more normal middle class girls. They are in enough quantity that you never run out of leads. My experience in Cebu was disastrous.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

Just based on a normal distribution, I doubt that the women in the Phillippines are much worse or much better than any other place in the world. You will meet bad ones and good ones. I think the big barrier for foreigners is where they meet the women. Many of the men who complain about women wanting money meet those women in places of prostitution and then wonder why the want money. Duh! And as most of us now know, finding a good woman on dating sites is not a good idea. If you are a foreigner, you are an outsider and the desirable women aren't available to you. So the question is has anyone developed the social game to get into a social group and meet desirable women that way?
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

Yohan wrote:
July 14th, 2022, 10:17 am
About Western women, I never found even one nice girlfriend for 30 minutes, waste of time and money - so I was starting to travel and to date foreign women - and finally I left for always, never came back to Europe again.
I am originally from Austria (EU), but living now in Japan, married since more than 40 years.

I never met a nice Western woman anywhere in Continental Europe and UK who was single, available and was not asking for money from me within 5 minutes...

Yes, of course, some poor Filipinas are also asking for money, but their demands are by far less than what Western women expect from men....
Derailing this post but you nailed it...the essential aspect of Western women which is They ARE NOT NICE. This modern US culture forces everyone (men and women) to feel on edge and tense 24/7. Look into the eyes of most American women....they're absolutely nuts. Stress level and all the shit flying through their minds turns them all into crazy women.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

kangarunner wrote:
July 14th, 2022, 1:25 pm
Derailing this post but you nailed it...the essential aspect of Western women which is They ARE NOT NICE. This modern US culture forces everyone (men and women) to feel on edge and tense 24/7. Look into the eyes of most American women....they're absolutely nuts. Stress level and all the shit flying through their minds turns them all into crazy women.
You are not derailing this thread. If you read back all these comments the question remains, if you really find Western women so much better and easier to approach, why do you travel to Asian countries like the Philippines and looking for a wife, and why are you doing this even online while in a hotel in Cebu for 2 months....

Not sure in such a case who is the problem, the Western man or the Filipinas he tries to meet.
Last edited by Yohan on July 14th, 2022, 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

I think everybody here agrees on the simple fact that, for all its problems and shortcomings, the Philippines and Filipinas are a galaxy apart from the average women we can find, date, f*ck and marry in our Western countries.

I have personally had my ups and downs here, since 2015. The honeymoon phase where I would have a different girl in bed every week, sometimes 2 or even 3, to the "got nothing to proof" phase where I wanted to look for a serious relationship, to finding that serious relationship, to missing the old life, to settling for the new life...sometimes missing that old life again LOL

The place isn't perfect, the people aren't perfect...we are not perfect! This applies to all countries. @Yohan is probably fully accustomed with routine life in Japan but, for as much as I love Japanese culture and people, I know for sure I wouldn't be able to live there long-term, even if I was married to a local, spoke fluent Japanese and had a job that made me feel as "integrated" as it gets.

Over time, I have learned to cherish whatever good this country (and people) can give me and my wife, and downplay the many problems and inconsistencies, most of which are endemic in the Filipino way of thinking and living and will persist for generations to come.

As with everything, it's not much about ranking places and people from "best" to "worst", but finding what ticks the highest priority boxes and, slowly but surely, adapting to the stuff we don't like or don't want to put up with.

I am sure the OP here came to the Philippines thinking of finding an Immaculate Angel at every street corner, looking for him. He only had a few days to do his thing and settled for the usual dating sites, which are the typical scammer's playfield. I don't blame him, or anyone who does this, as lack of time and, sometimes, poor planning, leads to disappointment and frustration.

The best way to find a great girl, nowadays at least, is not to scour Filipino Cupid or Date in Asia. Those sites are only good for "damaged material": single moms, mature (locally) undateable women, destitute girls looking for a sugar daddy, scammers and petty criminals, and the likes. The "gems" used to be in the order of 1 every 20 a few years ago. Now it's probably 1 in 200, or less. Odds that, while not being exactly lottery-thin, need to be worked on. Without effort, there is no success, even here in the Philippines.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

publicduende wrote:
July 14th, 2022, 10:46 pm
The place isn't perfect, the people aren't perfect...we are not perfect! This applies to all countries. @Yohan is probably fully accustomed with routine life in Japan but, for as much as I love Japanese culture and people, I know for sure I wouldn't be able to live there long-term, even if I was married to a local, spoke fluent Japanese and had a job that made me feel as "integrated" as it gets.
In my case, I am from Europe and not a Japanese and there is no way looking at me and considering me to be a local.
However I never had a problem with that.

I need however, unlike Japanese people, to get out of Japan a few times a year - as you know I have a second home in Thailand and also a fosterdaughter in the Philippines, and I have Chinese friends in Malaysia...

However there is no intention to go back to Europe again... I prefer living in Asia.

I am just back from Thailand, next trip will be Cebu... have a lot of miles with Philippine Airlines which will expire end of January next year. I have to use them - free flight from Osaka to Cebu, then to Manila and continue to Bangkok, why not?

Japan is a good country for a permanent address living peacefully within a Japanese family, but from time to time I have to get out for a few weeks, now easy because already retired, but this Covid-19 really makes trips abroad somehow more difficult and expensive.

Generally I think, if you are a man from Western countries and you are looking for an Asian wife, consider relocation to her country. Do not bring her back to Europe or USA.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

PocosonSnaffle wrote:
July 14th, 2022, 12:19 pm
July 14th, 2022, 6:20 am
Manila has way more normal middle class girls. They are in enough quantity that you never run out of leads. My experience in Cebu was disastrous.
OKay I was being a bit superfluous there. I apologize. Yes Metro-Manila has more normal career girls but a lot of jackass low IQ low frequency vibrating ones too hence why I initially reacted the way that I did.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

July 15th, 2022, 12:32 pm
OKay I was being a bit superfluous there. I apologize. Yes Metro-Manila has more normal career girls but a lot of jackass low IQ low frequency vibrating ones too hence why I initially reacted the way that I did.
I had those "low IQ vibes" just like you all the time! And I spend my first 2.5 years in Davao, which is on average poorer and lower class than Cebu. Concisely worded: if a man is looking for fresh 18-20 yo girls to have sexual escapades with, he can't expect to hang out with Mensa members. A really smart 18-yo would think twice before hanging out with a foreigner she doesn't know, and end up in bed with him on their second, sometime first date.

In other words: you can't have a cake and eat it!
PocosonSnaffle
Freshman Poster

Post by PocosonSnaffle »

I keep hearing about these cities (Davaos and Cebu), so-called "p***y paradises" for fresh 18-20 years old filipinas. My experience in Cebu was that most of these young girls were from poor backgrounds, are low IQ chimpanzees, and I wanted nothing to do with them. These girls are soft whores, they don't give a shit about what you look like. I remember seeing a morbidly obese 50 years old white dude walking with one of these young girls.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

publicduende wrote:
July 17th, 2022, 5:33 am
July 15th, 2022, 12:32 pm
I had those "low IQ vibes" just like you all the time! And I spend my first 2.5 years in Davao, which is on average poorer and lower class than Cebu. Concisely worded: if a man is looking for fresh 18-20 yo girls to have sexual escapades with, he can't expect to hang out with Mensa members. A really smart 18-yo would think twice before hanging out with a foreigner she doesn't know, and end up in bed with him on their second, sometime first date.

In other words: you can't have a cake and eat it!
I never said I had "low IQ vibes" nor do I have low IQ; I said that there are "low IQ" people in Metro-Manila and RP overall.