Why Western Women Have A Hard Time Dating In Thailand

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Why Western Women Have A Hard Time Dating In Thailand

Post by Taco »

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Re: Why Western Women Have A Hard Time Dating In Thailand

Post by kangarunner »

https://nypost.com/2022/06/18/woman-47-charged-with-hate-crimes-in-pepper-spray-attack-on-asian-women/

^^ ^^ Her husband must have left her to go be happier abroad in Thailand.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Western women have a hard time dating not only in Thailand but also the Philippines, Japan, South American countries and eastern European countries. In other words, anywhere outside of english speaking countries, western women will have a hard time meeting men and for good reason.
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

When men go to Southeast Asia, a lot of them want to eat the local food, too, and not hang out exclusively in American restaurants. If you are in a country of millions of people, some of the women are going to look attractive. Asian women with feminine attitudes, sweet voices, endearing accents are appealing to a lot of western men.

My experience has mostly been with Indonesia, and a bit with Korea, but I have been to Thailand briefly. Thais tend to be taller than Indonesians, but some of the expat American, Canadian, and Australian women I knew were rather tall compared to the average Indonesian man. There is the occasional tall man there, but I'd imagine they are slim pickings. I wonder if not speaking English as fluently makes an Asian man seem lower status in the eyes of western women, while men see the accents as cute. But some women like French accents.

I know an Indonesian who lives in the US who is married to an American woman. She's pretty, too. He's maybe 5'8" or so, but he works in a restaurant and he's stronger than I am. I am no superman, but I work out. He carries 50 pound bags. He's also one of these guys who can fix anything. For an Indonesian, he's kind of macho, and he's from a more 'outspoken' people-group that tend to say what they think.

I can think of some expat women I knew in Indonesia that I went to church with. There was a group of three young women who went to college together in British Columbia. One was Indonesian, and she was gorgeous. She married an American expat with a good job. One of the other ones was reasonably good looking. The other one was pretty, but looked like she was just barely not fat-- the kind who would probably get plumper or stouter as she aged, but with a pretty face. There was also an American girl with a pretty face who plumped up during my time there.

I don't think any of these girls would have said anything about being pro-feminism, or the patriarchy, or any of that kind of stuff.

Of the two Canadians, the thinner one seemed to be rather picky. I don't know if Indonesians tried to date her or not. She wasn't particularly tall by western standards, but she probably was by Indonesian standards. If she had a low paying expat job, she was probably richer than local Indonesians. I know she liked an Asian expat who had grown up in the US who the girls thought was so good looking for a while. I saw them holding hands, but I don't think that really went anywhere. At one point, she seemed interested in an older white expat, but ended up not pursuing it I heard because of some minor difference in religious beliefs, even though they went to the same church. I don't think this girl was a feminist, but she probably had a bit of a go-getter personality. She was nice,

I don't know if the other Canadian, with the pretty face ever dated in Indonesia. I do remember once she said she did not like children, and my Indonesian girlfriend, now wife, found that to be quite shocking. She left Indonesia and went to work in the ultra-north of Canada, far from civilization. From her Facebook, I'd guess she is single. I don't know if any Indonesian men asked her out.

The other Canadian is single as far as I know. I didn't keep up with the American woman to see if she returned to the US and eventually married.

The American with the pretty face might have gotten more attention if she'd stayed thin.

I cannot say these girls were bad girls to marry. They were all my friends. If someone had asked me, I wouldn't have said it would be hard to be married to them. But if I were an Indonesian man, marrying an expat, taking them home to mom and dad, expecting them to help in the kitchen during family-get-togethers, to play the role of the traditional wife... I might not want to get an expat wife if I were them.

Marrying a foreigner was sort of high status for the middle and poorer classes there when I was young. Expats were thought to be rich. But isn't it more appealing to a woman to marry the high status man perceived as rich than it is for a man to marry a woman who is perceived as rich or high status? Also, being tall is a plus for men, not for women. More body hair might be a plus for men, depending on the girl, since it is masculine. But most men aren't into more body hair. I don't remember these women being hairy, btw.