Philippines now open to unvaccinated foreign tourists starting November!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Philippines now open to unvaccinated foreign tourists starting November!

Post by Winston »

@publicduende
Is it real this time? It seems so. See links below. First, this Filipina lady explains why unvaccinated foreign tourists can now enter the Philippines as long as they have a negative Covid test first. She seems very informed about the new immigration rules.

The Kayak travel restrictions map also says the same thing! Look.

https://www.kayak.com/travel-restrictions/philippines
Traveling from the United States to the Philippines
Unvaccinated visitors from the United States can enter the Philippines with a negative COVID-19 test result.

COVID-19 testing

Test type

Unvaccinated visitors from the United States must present a negative Antigen (quick-test) test taken within 24 hours before departing to the Philippines.
Fully vaccinated visitors with approved vaccination certificates do not need to present a negative COVID-19 test.

Details and exceptions

Unvaccinated travelers 15 years old and older must provide proof of a negative COVID-19 antigen rapid test result prior to departure or upon arrival. Travelers must take the test maximum of 24 hours before departure from their first country of origin in a continuous journey to Philippines. The antigen test must be administered by a healthcare professional in a healthcare facility, laboratory, clinic, pharmacy, or another similar establishment.
Travelers with a connecting flight through another country on the way to Philippines who exit the airport during their connection or are admitted into another country during their travel must take a new COVID-19 test in that country.

Quarantine

Visitors from the United States are not required to quarantine after entering the Philippines.

Details and exceptions

Unvaccinated travelers who test COVID-19 positive on on-arrival testing may be required to quarantine on arrival.
Apparently you have to register for a One Health Pass first, but it seems to be free. See below.

https://www.onehealthpass.com.ph/

What do you think @publicduende?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Philippines now open to unvaccinated foreign tourists starting November!

Post by Yohan »

I will travel to Philippines middle of January 2023. This guideline is on the internet everywhere if you do some google search.
Philippine Airlines told me the same when booking my flight last week.
All arrivals to the Philippines must present a negative test no older than 24 hours and proof of vaccination. Fully vaccinated arrivals are exempt.
I am 4 x vaccinated and have an international vaccination certificate, no testing required.
Health Pass is easy, just fill in the form not later than 3 days before departure. Free of charge.

https://www.onehealthpass.com.ph

----------------------------------------------

I don't know about USA to Philippines, but airfare from Japan to Philippines is now really expensive, about 2 x more than 2 or 3 years ago.
Filipinos in Japan complain a lot about that, and there is no choice to book any cheaper airline, very few flights now compared to a few years ago.

Airfare Japan-Thailand did not change much, (about USD 450,- return flight) I will leave this week for Bangkok for a few weeks and will stay in my second home in Pattaya/Jomtien. About same airfare as always - but flights with low airfare are not so many now and mostly only from/to Tokyo/Narita.

I will leave from Tokyo/Narita and not from Osaka/Kansai or Tokyo/Haneda this time. Also I will have to use Narita Airport again for my trip to Cebu in January next year.

Not really a problem for me, I will use the express train from Okayama to Narita Airport it is about 4 to 5 hours, approx. 800 km.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

The One Health Pass website said the same thing. See below.

https://www.onehealthpass.com.ph/OHP-NE ... lines.html
B. UNVACCINATED or PARTIALLY VACCINATED (Filipino and Foreign Travelers)

1. Travelers 15 years and older shall present a remotely supervised/laboratory-based Rapid Antigen Test administered and certified by a healthcare professional in a healthcare facility, laboratory, clinic, or other similar establishment taken 24 hours prior to the date and time of departure from country of origin/first port of embarkation in a continuous travel to the Philippines, excluding lay-overs; provided that, he/she has not left the airport premises or has not been admitted into another country during such lay-over.

2. Travelers 15 years and older who fail to present a negative pre-departure testing shall be required to undergo a laboratory-based Antigen Test UPON ARRIVAL at the airport.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Hi @Winston

Just came back from Singapore (with C) last Sunday, plus C took another trip to Bangkok and came back last night.

Yes, unvaccinated Filipinos and foreigners only require a negative test, PCR or even the much simpler antigen (small finger prick and result in 5 minutes), and the e-Arrival Card, which has recently replaced the One Health Pass.

e-Arrival Card is basically a self-certified form to fill online so, technically, one could say they are vaccinated and the BOQ officers might not even check.

This is the link for the e-Arrival card: https://onehealthpass.com.ph/OHP-NEW-DE ... ister.html
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Update:

The One Health Pass has now been re-routed to another website where you can register to enter the Philippines. See below.

https://etravel.gov.ph/

https://etravel.gov.ph/entry-guidelines

Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Post by Jackfruits »

@Winston you should post more of your exploits
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

@publicduende
I keep forgetting to ask you. Can you unblock me from Whatsapp? We should talk on the phone sometime and catch up like before. So we can re-establish our correspondence like before. If you unblock me, send me a text on there. My account there is the same as before.

We also have a HA Whatsapp group if you want to join it too. However, I think Rock is on there and you and him had a falling out right?

publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Winston wrote:
December 12th, 2022, 2:13 am
@publicduende
I keep forgetting to ask you. Can you unblock me from Whatsapp? We should talk on the phone sometime and catch up like before. So we can re-establish our correspondence like before. If you unblock me, send me a text on there. My account there is the same as before.

We also have a HA Whatsapp group if you want to join it too. However, I think Rock is on there and you and him had a falling out right?
I will if you promise to keep the conversation civil.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

publicduende wrote:
December 12th, 2022, 2:21 am
Winston wrote:
@publicduende

Yes of course. We moved past that years ago remember? Aren't I always civil now on the forum? lol

WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Winston wrote:
December 12th, 2022, 2:37 am
publicduende wrote:
Winston wrote:
@publicduende

Yes of course. We moved past that years ago remember? Aren't I always civil now on the forum? lol
I never knew you got blocked by anyone. They obviously couldn't handle the way you speak or how you talked if they had to go and do that.
I've read a lot of your post, never seen anything you said or did that would warrant someone to just block you.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

WanderingProtagonist wrote:
December 12th, 2022, 2:49 am
Winston wrote:
publicduende wrote:
Winston wrote:
@publicduende

I never knew you got blocked by anyone. They obviously couldn't handle the way you speak or how you talked if they had to go and do that.
I've read a lot of your post, never seen anything you said or did that would warrant someone to just block you.
Usually yes that's true. However, I am only human and sometimes have had my share of temper tantrums too. Especially when I'm in bad environments that bring out the worst in me. That's why location is all very important. It can bring out the worst in you. And we tend to be different people in different environments. At least that's true for me.

WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

Winston wrote:
December 12th, 2022, 2:58 am
WanderingProtagonist wrote:
December 12th, 2022, 2:49 am
Winston wrote:
publicduende wrote:
Winston wrote:
@publicduende

Usually yes that's true. However, I am only human and sometimes have had my share of temper tantrums too. Especially when I'm in bad environments that bring out the worst in me. That's why location is all very important. It can bring out the worst in you. And we tend to be different people in different environments. At least that's true for me.
I always consider the way you explained things just often in a rather aggressive manor to get your point across. I do that a lot myself, so I guess that's why I never seen anything wrong with how you spoke, and presented yourself when I was reading a lot of your post. Especially from way back in the day when you were active all the time on here.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

publicduende wrote:
Winston wrote:
@publicduende

Is/was that Whatsapp group any good at all?
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
December 12th, 2022, 3:29 pm
publicduende wrote:
Winston wrote:
@publicduende

Is/was that Whatsapp group any good at all?
The Whatsapp group is ok I guess. Just the normal stuff. We also have a closer knit group with me and Rock and World Traveler too. PD hasn't joined the HA group there before.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Does anyone know if you still have to fill out this etravel pass to enter the Philippines?

https://etravel.gov.ph/

Any idea @WorldTraveler and @publicduende?