Anyone tried South Korea recently?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
castlebasetone
Freshman Poster

Anyone tried South Korea recently?

Post by castlebasetone »

Currently in Philippines and when I see a girl that I genuinely like, she is usually Korean - they are usually visiting short term, or already with a Korean chad boyfriend. I have talked to a few in the malls and street, and had decent conversations but never for a situation that works for dating. You NEVER see these girls alone and available to approach. And there are VERY few of them on the dating apps as well. It seems that the only way to score them is to throw yourself into the middle of the country and find the ones who have the hots for white guys.

Yet from scouring youtube and reading other recent reports, it seems Korean culture is experiencing an all-time high and therefore, it is harder than ever to date there for many reasons. 'Scotty Boy' has been there for a long while and gave up on them completely for Filipinas, claiming they are next to impossible now, whereas it used to be easy for him there in the 90's and early 00's.

I feel like I am probably wasting my time in PH trying to find a needle in a haystack here and might be better off putting myself where I'm actually surrounded by the type of women I really like, but maybe it's as bad as USA.

Also open to other ideas where there are attractive light skin girls that aren't a complete pain in the ass to date.

Thoughts?
Kalinago
Junior Poster

Re: Anyone tried South Korea recently?

Post by Kalinago »

So what is it?white Chad or spinsterhood now?asian women are like western women now?

They already emasculate asian and Korean guys and are feminists in south Korea.

They get butthurt over foreign women seeking out Korean men and try to cockblock Korean guys.

Also Aren't brown women more sexy than pale women?is it a status thing ?

Also if you're not white do not go to south Korea !

I'm glad I prefer mestizas and can go to Honduras to find a good hearted pretty girl God willing.

Asian women are status conscious and materialistic with little redeeming personalities.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

castlebasetone wrote:
December 25th, 2022, 10:12 am
Currently in Philippines and when I see a girl that I genuinely like, she is usually Korean - they are usually visiting short term, or already with a Korean chad boyfriend. I have talked to a few in the malls and street, and had decent conversations but never for a situation that works for dating. You NEVER see these girls alone and available to approach. And there are VERY few of them on the dating apps as well. It seems that the only way to score them is to throw yourself into the middle of the country and find the ones who have the hots for white guys.

Yet from scouring youtube and reading other recent reports, it seems Korean culture is experiencing an all-time high and therefore, it is harder than ever to date there for many reasons. 'Scotty Boy' has been there for a long while and gave up on them completely for Filipinas, claiming they are next to impossible now, whereas it used to be easy for him there in the 90's and early 00's.

I feel like I am probably wasting my time in PH trying to find a needle in a haystack here and might be better off putting myself where I'm actually surrounded by the type of women I really like, but maybe it's as bad as USA.

Also open to other ideas where there are attractive light skin girls that aren't a complete pain in the ass to date.

Thoughts?
Try Baguio and surrounding areas. Seen some very pretty, pale and rather tall girls there. Those who have more mestiza ancestry and Spanish admixture as opposed to Spanish ancestry tend to have better facial features than Korean girls. These are hard to find, it's the top 1% of Filipina girls but if you can find one and her family isn't too well-off, she'll be a lot less picky and 'easier' than a Korean chick, especially a top-tier Korean chick who would be hard to pull.
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
castlebasetone
Freshman Poster

Post by castlebasetone »

MarcosZeitola wrote:
December 25th, 2022, 3:00 pm
Try Baguio and surrounding areas. Seen some very pretty, pale and rather tall girls there. Those who have more mestiza ancestry and Spanish admixture as opposed to Spanish ancestry tend to have better facial features than Korean girls. These are hard to find, it's the top 1% of Filipina girls but if you can find one and her family isn't too well-off, she'll be a lot less picky and 'easier' than a Korean chick, especially a top-tier Korean chick who would be hard to pull.
I've seen a few of those in malls & clubs. They carry themselves differently for sure.

Considering heading to Baguio & Manila before leaving PH just to see but I put my tinder account in both to get a general sense, and it wasn't much better than Cebu for my tastes, honestly. Overall, if you have high standards, the PH game seems to be about finding a needle in the haystack. There's just not that many attainable stunners here. And I came to Asia to get away from the 'needle in a haystack' game in the states. My perspective is that you should put yourself where there is a great quantity of your type of women who are also looking for you. That's going to be different for every guy. Going to write a trip report soon.

Also realized, Korea is way too cold, so definitely sticking to warmer countries....maybe Taiwan or Vietnam next?

I'll leave this thread here though because I think it'd be helpful to hear how the dating life is in South Korea anyways. There is VERY little about it on the forum & youtube in general for some reason.
MarcosZeitola
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MarcosZeitola »

castlebasetone wrote:
December 25th, 2022, 3:22 pm
I've seen a few of those in malls & clubs. They carry themselves differently for sure.

Considering heading to Baguio & Manila before leaving PH just to see but I put my tinder account in both to get a general sense, and it wasn't much better than Cebu for my tastes, honestly. Overall, if you have high standards, the PH game seems to be about finding a needle in the haystack. There's just not that many attainable stunners here. And I came to Asia to get away from the 'needle in a haystack' game in the states. My perspective is that you should put yourself where there is a great quantity of your type of women who are also looking for you. That's going to be different for every guy. Going to write a trip report soon.

Also realized, Korea is way too cold, so definitely sticking to warmer countries....maybe Taiwan or Vietnam next?
I think you're right... if you're after great beauty, the Philippines is a place that takes quite a while to succeed. And of course the more desirable and attractive a girl gets, the more demanding she will also get. I reckon going to Taiwan, the girls would be even more picky, as Taiwan is infinitely wealthier than the Philippines hence the demands would be higher; @Winston has had quite a few negative experiences in Taiwan for this reason, and little to no success, even when he was young.

I was about to give up on the Philippines as a potential hunting ground earlier this year until I found my perfect mestiza. I would have probably tried Latin America next; there seem to be quite a few genuine stunners there, probably still relatively low maintenance due to the much lower incomes and lower standards of living, and the percentage of attractive girls is far higher than in Asia, as they do not suffer from the "chinky eyes and flat noses" affliction some Asian chicks are sadly struck by. Better bodies, too, for the most part.

Is your ambition to just play around and have some flings, or are you looking for The One?
On "Faux-Tradionalists" and why they're heading nowhere: viewtopic.php?style=1&f=37&t=29144
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

castlebasetone wrote:
December 25th, 2022, 10:12 am
...when I see a girl that I genuinely like, she is usually Korean - they are usually visiting short term, or already with a Korean chad boyfriend. I have talked to a few in the malls and street, and had decent conversations but never for a situation that works for dating. You NEVER see these girls alone and available to approach. And there are VERY few of them on the dating apps as well. It seems that the only way to score them is to throw yourself into the middle of the country ....
Thoughts?
South Korea, same as Taiwan and Japan, are not good places looking for girls. More the opposite, there are many more Korean, Japanese and Taiwan-Chinese men who are married with a foreign woman (usually Asian, Vietnam, mainland China etc) than local women married with foreign men.

Generally said, Koreans and Japanese are not very good with foreign languages and not much interested into relocation - if you don't have a regular job with good income and a good reason to settle down in Korea or Japan and can communicate a bit with the locals in their native language, I think a long-term relationship with a Korean or Japanese woman does not make much sense.

Japanese and Koreans look very similar, difficult to see a difference. The difference between them is about language and how they react in daily life, the food they prefer etc.. Also Korea is by far more orientated into feminism than Japan. Further, South Korea is now the second country after Philippines regarding Christianity, with the old religions like Buddhism, Confucianism etc. strongly declining. Japan still remains a Buddhist/Shinto country.

Japan still the better choice for various reasons if you ask me, Japan is larger and has still many green areas, better quality of life, also climate if you are living away from the Western coast facing Korea - but I am a bit biased as living in Japan since more than 40 years.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Kalinago wrote:
December 25th, 2022, 1:25 pm
asian women are like western women now?

They already emasculate asian and Korean guys and are feminists in south Korea.
They get butthurt over foreign women seeking out Korean men and try to cockblock Korean guys.
The problem is that Korean men, same as Korean women, can be very aggressive.
There were various true complaints about Korean men who seriously mistreated their foreign wife after they arrived in Korea.

It is said, that Japanese men in general are by far more tolerant and patient than Korean men.
Asian women are status conscious and materialistic with little redeeming personalities.
If you talk about the spoiled party girls of rich parents who study for some worthless degree and never worked anything productive in their life and you meet them late night in some discos looking for foreign men, you are right. (especially known is the 'Singapore party-girl - avoid this little city-state!)

But such Asian girls who are into nightlife in Seoul and Tokyo are not the average Korean and Japanese woman.

Most women in Korea and Japan are rather modest, not so rich...life is not so easy, not so cheap for them in both countries.

About dating Asian women in general - Asian countries and their women are not all the same everywhere, big difference - Korea/Japan are not like Thailand/Philippines.
Kalinago
Junior Poster

Post by Kalinago »

@Yohan Korean girls have a whole movement of radical feminism and their sign is a small penis making fun of Korean men's alleged small penises.

Status and wealth are very important in many asian societies.

I'm not talking some rural Filipina,Balinese or khmer or Thai girl.

But that's everywhere where there is rapid modernity and development.

I was mainly referencing urban northeast asian girls even Chinese women from there are a bad prospect.

Still way better than western women or white women in personality though unless you're talking Malta or moldova or such places?

I personally think a woman that wants the basics and doesn't involve herself in much hypergamy is a catch.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

double post, deleted
Last edited by Yohan on December 26th, 2022, 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Kalinago wrote:
December 25th, 2022, 9:52 pm
@Yohan Korean girls have a whole movement of radical feminism and their sign is a small penis making fun of Korean men's alleged small penises.
The important point is however that Korean men do not remain silent about it...
They fight back.

Keep always in mind that Koreans are quite aggressive people.

For the full article click on the link below
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/star ... -rcna59747

South Korea’s conservative new president, Yoon Suk Yeol, has pledged to abolish the Ministry of Gender Equality and Family, saying it is no longer necessary.

Gender and feminism played an unprecedented role in the presidential election in March, which Yoon won by less than 1%, the closest in South Korean history. Both Yoon and his main opponent, Democratic Party candidate Lee Jae-myung, used gender issues to appeal to young voters who have become a crucial swing bloc.

Yoon, a former prosecutor, blamed feminism for the country’s low birth rate, said he would increase penalties for false accusations of sexual crimes, and denied the existence of “structural discrimination based on gender.” He accused the gender ministry of treating men like “potential sex criminals.”

According to a 2019 survey by local news outlet SisaIN, 60% of men in their 20s showed a considerable to extreme aversion to feminism.
(From an article in Japan, one year ago, now expired)

Yoon’s campaign has been influenced by his party's chairman, Lee Jun-seok, a 36-year-old Harvard-educated “men’s rights” advocate who describes hiring targets for women and other gender equality policies as “reverse discrimination." Lee Jun-seok calls feminist politics “blowfish poison."
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

Kalinago wrote:
December 25th, 2022, 9:52 pm
@Yohan Korean girls have a whole movement of radical feminism ....
Whatever, I am sure we both will agree that Korea is not a good place for dating local women, also Taiwan is not known for friendly women looking out for foreign men....

Living in Japan since more than 40 years, I can only tell you, that I know only 2 men from my native country in Europe who married a women from Taiwan, both of them are now divorced.

About women from Korea, I do not know personally even a single man from my country who married a Korean woman (including the large Korean community in Japan).

About Japanese women (population is much bigger than those of Taiwan and Korea) I know personally only about 10 men and also a few women from my native country who decided to continue to live in Japan with a Japanese family - and these marriages seem to hold over many years. I am not aware of any divorce...

All in all, if you are really interested to live in that region for whatever reason (business, retirement) I think compared to Taiwan and Korea, Japan is the better choice.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

I spent a year in South Korea, but that was over 25 years ago. I remember eating with some students, and one of them handed the female student the chopsticks at the hibachi grill and said something in Korea with the word 'yoja' in it. She gave him a demure look and smiled a bit and cooked. I said, "Did you say you do the cooking because you are a woman?" They said I knew Korean. No, I just knew 'yoja' meant woman.

I remember thinking a lot of young women would get bent out of shape over such a comment in the US. But it sounds like the feminist poison has spread east. I can't remember any white-Korean couples I knew that divorced. Just like with many cultures, there are probably some sweet Korean women there who could make good wives. If she's serious about her faith and goes to a church that has traditional ideas about marriage, that can counteract some of these other trends in society, just like in the US.

I met one woman in Indonesian woman, ethnic Chinese, who claimed to be a feminist. She was upset that a mutual acquaintance of ours who seemed to me a bit aged, an ethnic Chinese expat, had come back from overseas with a beautiful young Chinese wife on his arm. She talked about how he used to say hello to her and ask how she was doing. It didn't sound like he'd led her on at all. No dates. Just hello. She said she was a feminist, and saying that turned men off. I had an elderly co-worker, a woman, who had trouble getting along with her husband after a year or two in the US and finding her 'power.'

I was in Indonesia a few years ago. They do have government initiatives about women's concerns. There are women in the workforce, but the man-hating feminism thing hasn't seemed to infiltrate society that I could tell when I was there a few years ago. They seem okay with the idea of women having certain roles, the need for women to take care of the home and be good mothers, even if some of the younger women who work in offices might not be able to cook. They don't seem to be against the idea of women being traditional and doing that sort of thing.

For looks, young Korean women tend to be fairly good-looking. I remember going to Kangnam to visit a friend several times while there in Seoul, and it seems like the underground there was chock full of 7's and occasional 8's. Maybe 9's and 10's for looks are as rare as 9's and 10's are among thin young women in the US. Fat young people were rare. There were a few with a stockier build. Older folks could get a bit stocky. Some of the girls went around dressed like 'Pretty Woman', with the miniskirts and boots, even on cold winder days.

For looks, I think Korean women tend to be better looking than Indonesians, for my personal tastes. I was looking for the needle-in-a-haystack and got a 9+, for my personal tastes of course. There were several hundred people who went to my wife's college. Only two were marriagebly-good-looking based on my standards. A fellow we knew from her campus had a very pretty petite Chinese girlfriend. Other than that, only my wife caught my eye there for looks. My wife has a huge extended family. Maybe 6 or so of her cousins were good-looking to my tastes to the extent that when I were young and single I might have considered them (if they were at their prime at that time. Some cousins grew to be pretty young women when I saw them years alter.) But there are like 500 people at a family reunion, so statistically, that's not a lot of women.

Filipinas and Malays have common ethnic heritage, but the Philippines might have more Spanish admixture than Indonesia has Dutch (not sure about that) and more Chinese blood in the mix.

If you are just going for a place with lots of women you find attractive, maybe South Korea makes sense. But even back before feminism, it's a tough culture to marry into. I was stressed with South Korean culture. Their culture is homogenous, and at the time at least, they seemed to have difficulty understanding that other cultures were so different. They speak in code. "Let me think about that' means 'no'. They don't like to say 'no', but they can figure out when someone else means no but won't way it. It's rather indirect. When I was there, 'international marriage'-- marrying a foreigner, was a big deal, almost taboo. Poor farmers were importing ethnic Korean brides from China. But now, China is rich, so they have gotten brides from Vietnam and the Philippines, so maybe it is a more international country now. I found the rigid culture there a bit stressful when I was there.

Indonesia is more laid back. It's multi-cultural, so if you are different, most people are cool with it, at least in the Jakarta area where I lived and some of the big cities. Ethnic groups can be more insulated in other cities, like in Medan where the ethnic Chinese speak in Chinese dialects to each other in the elevator if you are in there with them. I didn't see that in Jakarta. They speak Indonesian, and the Chinese in Jakarta didn't usually seem to know a Chinese dialect/language unless they had studied Mandarin.

Marrying an expat is high status in Indonesia, also--probably less so among the middle class in the big cities than a few decades past, but it is still a plus or neutral. It seems like every people-group I encountered except Chinese are okay with intermarriage. About 5% of Indonesia is Chinese, and that is one of the larger people groups after the large groups like Javanese and Sundanese.

I think Indonesian culture encourages good wifely values for the most part. Sundanese culture is prone to divorce, but overall the countries divorce rate is low compared to the west, even though it has increased recently. I married an Indonesian Christian. I wouldn't have considered a Muslim. From overhearing conversations over there, I do get the impression that there are young women who think it is shocking for a woman not to be a virgin at marriage. I gather from old research that marrying a virgin in general gives you a lower chance of divorce. I'd imagine it would be a much bigger deal for a woman who waited for marriage to commit adultery after marriage than it would be for a woman who slept around before marriage.

For me, it makes sense to find the needle in a haystack for looks in a culture that teaches good wifely values than to go to a national full of hot-looking women and try to find the 'unicorn' who would have good values to make a good wife. There is also getting along with the culture. I'm not saying Korean culture is bad compared to Indonesian culture, but I just feel more comfortable with Indonesian culture than Korean.

I did have a friend who married a Korean woman who said she told him if he ever wanted her, to wake him up. It sounded like they were doing it night after night. He would give TMI in discussions, talking about how she wanted him to chase her around the apartment. They were newly weds, so I don't know how long that level of amorous activity lasted. But I remember wondering as a young man if Korean women were that way in general, which would be a big selling point. Their population was high and the cities densely populated, but it wasn't China. My guess is you can't generalize that sort of thing to all Korean women. I read some posts from another guy whose Korean wife scarcely let him touch her.

In my case, I prayed fervently for a wife, and I believe the Lord put us together. If you want a pretty one, God knows where the pretty ones are, too. But looks aren't the most important thing in a wife. I am happy I got a woman with character traits and values I was looking for along with looks.
chanta76
Experienced Poster

Post by chanta76 »

Mr.Man,

South Korea changed ALLOT these past 25 years. Korean guys got taller , dress better, have money , and better game but also South Korea is developed country where the women are not in poverty looking for a way out.

The countries where its easiest to land a girl tends to be countries that are bit poorer and that the local men cannot provide. South Korea is not one of them. Same with Japan and to some extent China..yes even China.

If your a white guy..and still have a thing for a Korean girl Be 6 ft tall, a chad and at least speak some Korean and you better chance but if your just average...maybe 20 years ago it was better for white dudes but nowadays not really.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

chanta76 wrote:
December 26th, 2022, 9:06 pm
Mr.Man,

South Korea changed ALLOT these past 25 years. Korean guys got taller , dress better, have money , and better game but also South Korea is developed country where the women are not in poverty looking for a way out.

The countries where its easiest to land a girl tends to be countries that are bit poorer and that the local men cannot provide. South Korea is not one of them. Same with Japan and to some extent China..yes even China.

If your a white guy..and still have a thing for a Korean girl Be 6 ft tall, a chad and at least speak some Korean and you better chance but if your just average...maybe 20 years ago it was better for white dudes but nowadays not really.
Thanks for this comment, I agree with everything you write.

Living in Japan, I can confirm that there is hardly any difference in living standard between Japan and Korea - almost same income, surely higher than in most places in all Asia. Both countries are developed countries, dating local women is not easy for a foreigner...

Still better quality of life, less working hours in Japan compared to Korea - just my opinion.
Natural_Born_Cynic
Veteran Poster

Post by Natural_Born_Cynic »

castlebasetone, I would not recommend you to go to South Korea unless you have a concrete plan in living there. It's not worth it.
Many South Koreans themselves wanted to get out of their country because it really sucks living there.
What is portrayed in K Pop, K Drama, and K Cinema are just a fantasy or fiction.
I am South Korean myself, but you are going to have a rude awakening once you get there.
The people over there are cold, standoffish, selfish, very aggressive, stubborn, and very close minded people.
There is very little legal protection for foreigners, lot of air pollution from China, and very limited opportunities for foreigners such as English Teacher or working for some korean university or some korean company as a "White Monkey"(Your just there to make them look good).

Korean women, I don't recommend either. Most of them are very materialistic, cold, selfish, shrewd, shallow, psychopathic, plastic surgery addicted, hypocrites, and harridans. God forbid, you are married to one of them. That's why Korea has the lowest birthrate in the planet.

Skip South Korea. Don't be fooled by it's gleaming skyscrapers in Seoul and those brainless K Dramas.
Your friendly Neighborhood Cynic!