Sex tourism in the Philipines and false accusations of rape

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

I will agree women are generally much less trustworthy than men. But this does not mean all men are trustworthy. I have heard of extortion like you are describing here in California albeit it is not very common. It happen to a wealthy real estate developer a few years back here in Southern California. Like the Philippines it was strictly to extort money. Now the false sexual harassment charge is very common here in California. The media here is completely directed to women because they are the ones who do most of the TV watching so it makes men out to be the ones always at fault.
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

False sexual harassment claims are indeed very common. The EEOC did a study on this for a period of 4 years and found that 75% had no basis. I recently left a company that tape recorded everything in the ofice--basically to defend themselves against some extortion attempt.

And so I wonder, in the Philipines, you take out a digital camera and make a quick movie--where she says "yes, I want to have sex with you, and the date today is x."
tom
Junior Poster

Post by tom »

I don't think this thing is really all that complicated, it is simple extortion for money. That's it. Women know that there is little to no downside risk to doing this and a large financial reward if it works out, well at least in America. If their are other parties involved in the extortion as is often the case in the Philippines her financial reward is much smaller.
gmm567
Freshman Poster

Post by gmm567 »

Looks like that site ( http://www.centralluzoncorruption.com) has done some powerful things.

Harry the horse (http://www.harrythehorse.com) reports that there has been no rumours of tourist being set up by cops for the past several months.