Could this be the reason I'm always drowsy in the PH?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Winston
Site Admin

Could this be the reason I'm always drowsy in the PH?

Post by Winston »

I know this may sound a bit kooky, but the symptoms it describes perfectly match what I have here in the PH - headaches, constant drowsiness, pressure on temples, and a hard time thinking, as though my thought signals were being jammed!

http://www.montalk.net/conspiracy/55

What do you think?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Nate
Freshman Poster

Re: Could this be the reason I'm always drowsy in the PH?

Post by Nate »

Winston wrote:I know this may sound a bit kooky, but the symptoms it describes perfectly match what I have here in the PH - headaches, constant drowsiness, pressure on temples, and a hard time thinking, as though my thought signals were being jammed!

http://www.montalk.net/conspiracy/55

What do you think?

Maybe it is the white rice, late nights screwing GROs and simple tropical indolence...
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

If the environment is making you unhealthy, just move.

Try somewhere with cleaner air/water, stay there for few days, and see how you feel.

Personally, my body doesn't do well in Taipei, Beijing, and Downtown Los Angeles. I feel better in places like Yilan, Tianjin, and San Francisco. So I moved closer to the ocean in OC (from Fullerton/Placentia to Irvine). When I take a walk around the park/trail near the house, I get a nice ocean breeze from Newport Beach. When I feel like it, I take a short drive down to Laguna Beach for a walk and breakfast/lunch.

When I was in PH a couple years ago, I felt better in Boracay and Mauban (Quezon?) than Manila.

Very few of you probably know where Yilan is. Here's a few photos:

Random person's photo set from Yilan:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/peanutlen/ ... 872074435/

For comparison,

Downtown LA (that's smog, not mist):

Versus Laguna Beach @_@:

Gene and Viol
Freshman Poster

Drowsy in the Philippines

Post by Gene and Viol »

Not sure about the headaches Winston. Unless its caused in part by the trike and diesel exhaust in Angeles. Over here by Mt. Arayet there is less of that by far and the air is generally clean.

If you are like me, the drowsy part might be from the fact that there is just no stress living here. Seems that when I lived in the states I had more stress in just one day than I've had in the entire seven years living here. Or maybe the lack of stress is because my wife takes such good care of me.
Either way, I'm so glad I'm here...
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

From a text I wrote up to send Ladislav and Mr S by cell phone:

damn you guys won't believe this. late this afternoon I was so drowsy that I had to lie down. then for about 3 hours I couldn't stand up even though I kept trying to! I felt completely weak and powerless, like some energy or force was holding me down and sucking my consciousness dry! holy shit. I kept struggling in my mind and even started cussing and yelling "come on get up!" but I couldn't stay awake for long or garner enough energy to get up!

dianne was here and she fell asleep too. her body seems to copy mine, like girls who live together tend to menstruate in the same cycles, so she couldn't wake up either.

dianne told me that many spirits and supernatural beings wander the forests here, so I'm wondering if some type of being I can't see is sucking my energy dry like a vampire and causing me frequent headaches and drowsiness, which dianne feels too. or maybe we are living over a burial ground and the spirits from the bones underground are sucking my aura.

or maybe, as I read in an internet article, the cell phone towers are being used by the shadow government to emit microwave signals to dumb people down and make them lazy, weak willed, drowsy and give them headaches, which I read about and describe my symptoms exactly.

btw, lately I've been seeing movement out of the corner of my eye, but when I turn nothing is there. I know that's normal sometimes and it's an optical trick, but it's been happening a lot lately, especially when I don't get enough sleep. has it been increasing for you too?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Drowsy in the Philippines

Post by Winston »

Gene and Viol wrote:Not sure about the headaches Winston. Unless its caused in part by the trike and diesel exhaust in Angeles. Over here by Mt. Arayet there is less of that by far and the air is generally clean.

If you are like me, the drowsy part might be from the fact that there is just no stress living here. Seems that when I lived in the states I had more stress in just one day than I've had in the entire seven years living here. Or maybe the lack of stress is because my wife takes such good care of me.
Either way, I'm so glad I'm here...
But it's not just feeling drowsy. I get headaches too and feel like there is something unnatural putting pressure on my temples. That is weird. Maybe the explanation is something unconventional.

Dianne feels it too, but her body may be just mimicking mine. Not sure.

I feel better when I'm not at home though.

But it's still hard to sleep here. Something messes up my consciousness here. And when we wake up, we feel exhausted and drained. It's very weird.

Gene and Viol
Freshman Poster

Headaches and feeling sleepy

Post by Gene and Viol »

When you put it that way, the first thing that comes to mind is carbon monoxide poisoning from a source of something burning or smoldering somewhere.
If not that then a likely cause would be something in the paint used in your home or possibly carpet or carpet cleaner. Lead based paint is still widely available here and would be a possibility.
Still another possibility could be a form of mold growing in your home. Somewhere unseen and undetected. With the humidity level here, padding in furniture, bed mattresses, and pillows are a likely breading ground.

If you are renting and are unable to find the source I’d suggest moving to a different house or apt…