Anyone ever been to Malaysia?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Anyone ever been to Malaysia?

Post by momopi »

yatterman1 wrote:
momopi wrote:
If you drive from Singapore to Malaysia and up through JB (Johor Bahru), you'll find endless palm trees, then suddenly there would be a clearing with a bunch of new homes (~$40k USD) and giant ad boards targeting Singapore buyers.
Where are the cheapest
40k for a new house? As in a house AND lot...a detached house?

Detached 2 story homes on small lot and front yard. No garage (Malays park their park in the gated front yard) and the price is "new and bare", you'll have to spend more $ to furnish the place. When you buy a new home in the US it usually comes with the kitchen, bath, closet, central A/C, electric outlets all furnished. In Asia you have to pay extra for a lot of that stuff.

You can ask questions here:
http://www.propertycommunity.com/forum/ ... -property/

yatterman1 wrote:Hmm...I might go crazy in a really small down in the middle of no where.
Ok lets say I wanted to buy a small detached house (with lot) in a suburban area that's 20-30 minutes from Johor Bahru. How much do you think that would cost me?
RE prices vary a lot from neighborhood to neighborhood, there's no way that we could give you a blanket answer -- if you asked me what the cost is to buy a house in Orange County, I'd have to give you a range from $200,000 in Santa Ana to $2+ million in Newport Beach.

If you're serious about Malaysia, you should go visit first. Don't rely on 2nd hand info on the internet. Also, ask yourself why you want to go overseas and buy a house. If you're having a hard time meeting women in the US and lack the social network, you can um... buy a small business like this one:

http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/bfs/1785872933.html

And get PAID to attend parties full of girls stripping down for a foam party. If you can take the idea and run with it, you can expand and hire hot girls as your "foam girls". If successful, you can even publish magazine "girls of foam" and have endless supply of model wanna be's knocking at your office door. Heck there's fetish sites with women and balloons, so why not nakked girls in foam.

Buying property is long-term investment / commitment. It always amazes me to see people who spend weeks researching the best deal on a $20,000 car, but would only spend 1-2 weekends looking at houses before deciding to buy a place for $600,000 with 30-year loan. Don't make such decisions lightly.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Is Malaysia The Promised Land?

Post by Jester »

yatterman1 wrote:I did some research and Malaysia actually allows foreigners to own land! I would like to hear from anyone who was been to Malaysia. Is there any xenophobia there? How easy is it to find work there? What percent of the population speaks english?
Maybe for those of us who seek freedom from the Anglo-Zionist Slow-Kill Genocide Matrix......

....Malaysia is the Promised Land.

http://www.informationclearinghouse.inf ... e31297.htm