Philippines Travel Tips & Resources

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
Alepeno
Freshman Poster

Re: Philippines - Travel Tips & Resources

Post by Alepeno »

Thanks for sharing the great information about Philippines. I have been explored this country and it was such an amazing sort of time for me. I literately had an blast at that place, It was quite an amazing sort of time for me. I must say that the country is full with so many of the amazing and beautiful attractions which always attracts a person so much to be there. Hope will find he chance to be there again.
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Post by fdiv »

I would like to know something I'm unsure about for hotels in AC. There seem to be plenty of cheap hotels in the main entertainment area. Some look ok, some look shady. My question is, are they always upfront about allowing guests? Or are they something I would want to avoid if I want to be discrete with guests?
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
options abroad: limitless 8)
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

fdiv wrote:
May 17th, 2018, 4:30 am
I would like to know something I'm unsure about for hotels in AC. There seem to be plenty of cheap hotels in the main entertainment area. Some look ok, some look shady. My question is, are they always upfront about allowing guests? Or are they something I would want to avoid if I want to be discrete with guests?
Yes of course they allow guests for you to bring back to your room. That's what people go there for. However, a few require the girls to show their ID's, which can be a bummer. I stayed at a cheap one with good location and they had that policy. But it's flexible if the girl looks obviously over 18 or like a non-whore. lol. There are good deals on AC hotels on Agoda.com. I used that to book with credit card so I didn't need to use cash.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

Winston wrote:
May 19th, 2018, 2:47 pm
fdiv wrote:
Yes of course they allow guests for you to bring back to your room. That's what people go there for. However, a few require the girls to show their ID's, which can be a bummer. I stayed at a cheap one with good location and they had that policy. But it's flexible if the girl looks obviously over 18 or like a non-whore. lol. There are good deals on AC hotels on Agoda.com. I used that to book with credit card so I didn't need to use cash.
I guess that they want them to show their IDs because they don't want under 18 girls having sex in their hotel because they would get in huge trouble for that. I knew one American guy who got in big shit in Cambodia because the girls he thought was 18 claimed to be 12, but in reality they were actually 18 but the legal court dismissed that and he got thrown in jail for a year until he finally bribed his way out by having his family give a huge donation to some politician.

Post by fdiv »

GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
May 21st, 2018, 3:28 am
Winston wrote:
fdiv wrote:
I guess that they want them to show their IDs because they don't want under 18 girls having sex in their hotel because they would get in huge trouble for that. I knew one American guy who got in big shit in Cambodia because the girls he thought was 18 claimed to be 12, but in reality they were actually 18 but the legal court dismissed that and he got thrown in jail for a year until he finally bribed his way out by having his family give a huge donation to some politician.
See that is kind of what I was getting at. This is one of those things that is not obvious. On one hand I guess I was concerned about opening up oneself to abuse/scams when logging guests into a hotel, but if you didn't use a hotel that did makes guests check in, you could be in for a worse scam like that fellow. I mean we've all heard about travelers being robbed/shaken down in Philippine hotels. But from what I've read those seem to be older scams in the Phils.
options in the US: maybe have a shot at a angry bluehaired landwhale and then, prison :roll:
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

fdiv wrote:
May 23rd, 2018, 5:42 pm
GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
Winston wrote:
fdiv wrote:
See that is kind of what I was getting at. This is one of those things that is not obvious. On one hand I guess I was concerned about opening up oneself to abuse/scams when logging guests into a hotel, but if you didn't use a hotel that did makes guests check in, you could be in for a worse scam like that fellow. I mean we've all heard about travelers being robbed/shaken down in Philippine hotels. But from what I've read those seem to be older scams in the Phils.
Why would a hotel scam the people paying money to stay there, in the age of online hotel reviews? Rather it's the hotels themselves that don't want to be a breeding ground for underage prostitution. It's actually a very good thing because the hotel is making sure the bitch you brought back is over 18, so should any funny business happen, the hotel person could testify that they verified she was above 18.

It's the f***ing NGOs that are scamming people. I've heard of NGOs busting into locked rooms in massage parlours and photographing western men involved in prostitution and demanding extortion money. That's why taking a girl back to your hotel is truly the safest thing because at least your hotel room has locked doors.

Post by fdiv »

GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
May 25th, 2018, 4:16 am
fdiv wrote:
GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
Winston wrote:
fdiv wrote:
Why would a hotel scam the people paying money to stay there, in the age of online hotel reviews? Rather it's the hotels themselves that don't want to be a breeding ground for underage prostitution. It's actually a very good thing because the hotel is making sure the bitch you brought back is over 18, so should any funny business happen, the hotel person could testify that they verified she was above 18.

It's the f***ing NGOs that are scamming people. I've heard of NGOs busting into locked rooms in massage parlours and photographing western men involved in prostitution and demanding extortion money. That's why taking a girl back to your hotel is truly the safest thing because at least your hotel room has locked doors.
Speaking of the NGOs. I heard there were raids very recently on some AC bars. April I believe. There are videos up online even. But the didn't arrest any foreigners or anything. I think the Filipino police maybe are playing the NGOs doing show raids while taking all the NGO money for "assistance".
GuyAbroad8293
Freshman Poster

Post by GuyAbroad8293 »

fdiv wrote:
May 25th, 2018, 4:34 am
GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
fdiv wrote:
GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
Winston wrote:

Speaking of the NGOs. I heard there were raids very recently on some AC bars. April I believe. There are videos up online even. But the didn't arrest any foreigners or anything. I think the Filipino police maybe are playing the NGOs doing show raids while taking all the NGO money for "assistance".
That makes sense, as the police and politicians wouldn't want to scare away foreign tourism. These NGOs are mainly run by western women, western men, and christian groups. Total f***ing hypocrites, all of them! The NGOs make a show out of "stopping prostitution" and thus get tons of donations from rich idiot westerners. The local governments tolerates them for their huge donations they give to them.

Luckily the leader, Duterte or whatever his name is, is a bad ass motherf***er and openly is giving the middle finger to these western NGOs.

Post by fdiv »

Street urchins or vendors won't leave you alone?? Just say (calmly): "ano ang problema mo?' And they will buzz off,lol.
Winston
Site Admin

Re: Philippines Travel Tips & Resources

Post by Winston »

In case anyone's interested.

How to Travel from Manila to Angeles City

https://www.expatkings.com/how-to-trave ... eles-city/

How to Travel from Manila to El Nido (Philippines)

https://www.expatkings.com/travel-from- ... o-el-nido/
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
fdiv
Freshman Poster

Post by fdiv »

Are there any threads about Up to date information about travel restrictions on entering the Philippines? As we all know it has been restricted due to covid-19 except for certain people such as if you have a child with a Filipina or a filipina wife. But as far as just tourism it's restricted. Is there a sticky than I am missing that has information? Maybe we should make a sticky.

I kind of wish now that I would have put a baby in a filipina last time, then I would be able to get in!! Speaking of that when Winston often talks about an undeniable dark force of the universe like Murphy's Law or something I am definitely feeling that now. I finally got a job that allows me to make plenty of money and also will let me take as much time off as I want at any time that I want and now the Philippines is closed because of this pandemic and I can't get in! Damn it how do you explain that? It's totally Murphy's Law f***ing me up! I could even take 4 or 5 or 6 months off now and I can afford to do it but I can't go to the Philippines what the f**k man!

I even discussed it with my girlfriend and she does have a passport which I helped her get and it might even be possible to fly her to a nearby country that is open or partially open or something like that. But that would be much more expensive and I'm not quite ready to do that yet. If this stupid travel restriction keeps up then I might do that and then get her pregnant then I will be allowed in the Philippines LOL
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

If you want to complain about some service, make it a request and a suggestion, rather than an accusation of incompetence. For example, do not write: " The hotel was bad, their air conditioning was noisy, the food was lousy". This will make them react. But if you write: "great hotel, but when you get a chance, I suggest you buy Gree conditioners. These will suit your hotel very well. And as far as food, can I request that next time, you have some good Italian or American food please? And for your bagels, may I request you also serve Philadelphia cream cheese? Goes well with the bagels and the customers will love you even more"".

I do complain about small things, but I always do it in Tagalog in a whining tone like I am suffering and ask for them to do something to help me. They then take pity on me. It's helps to present yourself as a kawawa ( pityful) rather than angry. This works well. Takes practice, though. For example, if the music is too loud on the bus, I approach the driver and tell him that I have a big headache and request to lower it down a little bit. They always oblige.

Any dissatisfaction should always be expressed as a cry for their pity, not as a command for them to change their behaviour. Works like magic.

If you like to write things on Facebook, do not use your real legal name. Just change it a bit. Use a pen name. If your name is John Smith, become Dean Smyth. Of your name is Peter Davis, become Pedro Diaz. Also, use a filtered photo (on an anonymizer). In case someone gets mad at you and wants to cause you harm online, your real self will not suffer.

Do not feed strange kids. They may get sick from the food you have bought and you will be responsible. If you want to feed such kids, go through some established charity and participate in their volunteer events.

Do not get angry at begging kids. I did that once because the kid did not say "Please". It was like "Hey! Give me money!" Like an order. I got mad. Almost got in trouble. The kid may then say that you hit him/her and then you will be accused of abuse. Just smile, say, "Patawad po" and keep moving. That goes for adult beggars, as well.

Do not get mad if they laugh at your Visaya and answer in English. I once did and ask the man why he was not speaking to me in Visaya and he began yelling that it was not my country and that I was not a Filipino and that he spoke English. It can happen. On another occasion, they were laughing at me in the store when I spoke Visaya. Just let it slide and continue speaking in Visaya.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
Winston wrote:
fdiv wrote:
the poorer a nation is all the more reason to stay the hell away from it. Asia sounds a lot worse than the States half the time. Except over here if that happened to you, you can't bribe your way out of it. Every country takes the U.S. idea of what an adult is, I've always thought the under 18 was a load of bullshit. They even do this if the person is 17 years old which isn't even a minor. At least not to me.
WanderingProtagonist
Experienced Poster

Post by WanderingProtagonist »

GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
May 25th, 2018, 2:30 pm
fdiv wrote:
May 25th, 2018, 4:34 am
GuyAbroad8293 wrote:
fdiv wrote:
GuyAbroad8293 wrote:

That makes sense, as the police and politicians wouldn't want to scare away foreign tourism. These NGOs are mainly run by western women, western men, and christian groups. Total f***ing hypocrites, all of them! The NGOs make a show out of "stopping prostitution" and thus get tons of donations from rich idiot westerners. The local governments tolerates them for their huge donations they give to them.

Luckily the leader, Duterte or whatever his name is, is a bad ass motherf***er and openly is giving the middle finger to these western NGOs.
lol Daurte aint shit but a tyrannical POS. Dude was killing his own damn people over drugs, then he threaten them if they didn't get vaccinated that he would lock them up in jail, seriously f**k him. He's trying way too hard to be a "badass."
glanmit
Freshman Poster

Post by glanmit »

Great tips here, thanks