My trip to China (report so far)

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to the Asian countries - China, The Philippines, Thailand, etc.
DCX_10
Freshman Poster

Post by DCX_10 »

I am back in US. Guess what is the first thing I noticed as I got on the plane: over-weight people. I forgot what it is like.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

DCX_10
Freshman Poster

Post by DCX_10 »

I passed through hell in Chicago's O'hare airport. The agents are so rude; no one tries to help you. The process was so inefficient; there are many agents standing around and doing nothing. And the rules are so rigid. Although I had ticket stub, AND expedia receipt, the UA agent did not believe I just came from international trip because the rule is "you need the actual ticket number from the airline company". And everyone was like herd at the security gate. I am convinced that we are becoming a NAZI nation, AND an inefficient one at that.

To make things worse, I was complaining about the process with people standing behind of me in the waiting line. I was saying how more friendly the Chinese airports were in comparison, guess what she said: " why do you all come here then"? That was an old stupid white woman. I just shook my head and laughed. The whole thing is so bad you just have to laugh about it.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

DCX_10 wrote: To make things worse, I was complaining about the process with people standing behind of me in the waiting line. I was saying how more friendly the Chinese airports were in comparison, guess what she said: " why do you all come here then"? That was an old stupid white woman. I just shook my head and laughed. The whole thing is so bad you just have to laugh about it.
Word of advice, don't complain in those lines or make comparisons like that with typical Americans around. People tend to react shitty and bigoted when you say how great something is overseas in any way that implies the U.S. is not paradise on earth.
Rock
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Rock »

Repatriate wrote:
DCX_10 wrote: To make things worse, I was complaining about the process with people standing behind of me in the waiting line. I was saying how more friendly the Chinese airports were in comparison, guess what she said: " why do you all come here then"? That was an old stupid white woman. I just shook my head and laughed. The whole thing is so bad you just have to laugh about it.
Word of advice, don't complain in those lines or make comparisons like that with typical Americans around. People tend to react shitty and bigoted when you say how great something is overseas in any way that implies the U.S. is not paradise on earth.
Its not just Americans. That's not just a US thing. A lot of people are very proud of their own country and resent complainers, esp. the ones they think are foreigners or fairly recent immigrants. People in Italy tend to be extremely proud, not just of their country but of their particular region. What about the French, South Koreans, Brazilians, Brits, Chinese, or even Russians?

One of my American friends who had lived in Taiwan many years used to constantly complain to me about the Taiwanese and their culture. I just told him he was acting like an idiot and just get the hell out. Its an easy fix to vote with your feet. People who stay in a place just to complain about it probably do so cus they're addicted to the drama of bitching and moaning.

Same thing goes for America and its women. The smartest and most effective thing a guy can do is to boycott the women 100% and when possible move abroad. When you openly complain about how tough the women are or how desperate you feel, you just project neediness and weakness. American women who hear this know they can easily control you like a dog - just occasionally throw-out a few scraps of affection or cock-tease you.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Yeah I agree that this applies to any situation where you are in the presence of people from one nationality..even your own. I think this is also why Winston has so many problems in Taiwan. I'm guessing he's outspoken and excessively negative with his comparisons and it gets on the nerves of the Taiwanese people he's around. The difference is that Taiwanese won't tell you to f**k off "back to your country" like most Americans but they will bottle it up and ostracize the person.
DCX_10
Freshman Poster

Post by DCX_10 »

I believe the old white woman made the comment because she believed that I was not "American" because I am ethnically Chinese. This is just purely stupid comment. I thought about telling her that I am American and I pay a LOT more tax than she does, who is probably just some white trash/redneck. But then I figured why wrestle with a pig? Just smile and walk away.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

DCX_10 wrote:I believe the old white woman made the comment because she believed that I was not "American" because I am ethnically Chinese. This is just purely stupid comment.
Well no kidding, that's why you don't make statements like that in public because you'll just get dog-piled by the peanut gallery.
DCX_10
Freshman Poster

Post by DCX_10 »

Deleted
Last edited by DCX_10 on August 13th, 2012, 12:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

What is QQ? How do you use it? Can you give URL's?

Did you meet all these girls on QQ?

Is any part of QQ in English? Or do we have to use Google Translate to view it?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

Winston wrote:What is QQ? How do you use it? Can you give URL's?
Did you meet all these girls on QQ?
Is any part of QQ in English? Or do we have to use Google Translate to view it?
1. Try Google or Wiki the question before asking:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tencent_QQ

2. If you want to know what the IM product is like, download and install the app:
http://download.imqq.com/download.shtml

On subject of English use, I was watching a TW variety show on cable earlier this week, the subject of sending your children to cram schools at young age was being discussed. One of the panelist stated that his wife wanted to send the kid to English lessons, most likely at Hess I think. The husband turned it down, stating that if the kid has no interest, it'd be a waste of $$. It'd be better to take the kid on summer vacations to Mainland (China), Japan, England, etc. and see if the kid develop any interest in the country and its culture and language. The same applies with sending your kids to music lessons, you have to develop their interest first by taking them to piano concerts, art museums, etc. to develop the culture-mindset.

He also commented that due to Mainland's rise, many more Taiwanese are going to Mainland and not Europe and America. So learning English might not be important, and the kid will learn the basics (of English) in school anyway, so it might be a waste of money (to send the child to English tutoring). If the kid is going to be working in Shanghai when he grows up, it may be more useful to teach him simplified Chinese characters (used in China).

IMO English is an important international lingua franca today, but the future may be uncertain. So if you want to hedge your bets, take the opportunity and learn Chinese by interacting with folks in China.
Last edited by momopi on October 24th, 2010, 5:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The_Adventurer
Experienced Poster

Post by The_Adventurer »

I've been having similar incidents with QQ. A random girl showed up and her first line was "I want to marry black"... Another showed up last night, sent me her picture and immediately asked, "Can you love me?" A couple of waitresses in restaurants I frequent often have asked my QQ number.

Unfortunately QQ on Mac is very limited. No video and very few features besides basic chat. I heard there is QQ for iPad, so I am thinking of getting one of those after they release the new iPad in January with Face Time!
“Booty is so strong that there are dudes willing to blow themselves up for the highly unlikely possibility of booty in another dimension." -- Joe Rogan
DCX_10
Freshman Poster

Post by DCX_10 »

Deleted
Last edited by DCX_10 on August 13th, 2012, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

This video shows some beautiful scenes in China.

Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
mrsesamechicken
Freshman Poster

Post by mrsesamechicken »

Yeeeaaah pretty sure you guys are getting "trolled."
DCX_10
Freshman Poster

Post by DCX_10 »

Deleted
Last edited by DCX_10 on August 13th, 2012, 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.