Are these dating sites legitimate?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
Émigré
Freshman Poster

Are these dating sites legitimate?

Post by Émigré »

I have been hesitant on joining dating sites like AnastasiaDate, Elena's Models, and Russian Cupid because I heard some people claim they're scams. Can anyone tell me if they had any luck and if any are legitimate? Would an 18 or 19 year old woman go for a 26 year old American guy?

I've been on every single American dating site for the past year. Sent out 100 messages few replies which amounted to nothing. Most of the girls on the American sites aren't serious or don't like someone older if they're still college age. It is totally impossible for me to get a relationship in the Anglo nations so I'd like to find a woman from the Eastern Euro block.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Are these dating sites legitimate

Post by jamesbond »

Émigré wrote:I have been hesitant on joining dating sites like AnastasiaDate, Elena's Models, and Russian Cupid because I heard some people claim they're scams. Can anyone tell me if they had any luck and if any are legitimate? Would an 18 or 19 year old woman go for a 26 year old American guy?

I've been on every single American dating site for the past year. Sent out 100 messages few replies which amounted to nothing. Most of the girls on the American sites aren't serious or don't like someone older if they're still college age. It is totally impossible for me to get a relationship in the Anglo nations so I'd like to find a woman from the Eastern Euro block.
Your right, American women are very picky about who they date. They have more standards than most employers do! :shock:

I have never tried any foreign dating sites, maybe some other members here can answer your questions regarding whether or not they work.

I plan on visiting Germany soon and maybe Ukraine as well. Hell, I might even visit the city of Prague while I am on vacation. One guy told me when he visited Prague, he never saw so many women who were perfect 10's in his life! :D
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Émigré
Freshman Poster

Post by Émigré »

Eastern Europe has the most beautiful women in the world. There are so many healthy and beautiful women. Unlike overweight and unhealthy Anglo women. Obesity in American women is the largest in the world. I'd also assume the UK and Canada aren't too far behind.
eurobrat
Veteran Poster

Post by eurobrat »

Last edited by eurobrat on May 27th, 2013, 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

You can also use google translate to find free sites from those countries cause they usually have them. I met my fiancee on a Lithuanian site that doesn't have 3rd parties or very high fees for email and you can ask the girl for their email address or skype. These other well known sites Anastasia, AFA and others filter out the emails you write to the ladies and they block your email address and skype id if you send it to the ladies on their email system. If you are interested in Ukrainian girls there is a site that is the ukrainian facebook and it's very popular in Ukraine it's called http://www.vk.com
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Elena's is probably the best. I'd be wary of Anastasia's sites. Russian Cupid is also legit but I wish the company who runs it would do more to stop scammers.

Scammers only really target the 50+ men on these sites - young guys are 100% marriage material!

If you're young then work out how to teach English and go abroad and look for a wife. Online dating/distance relationships are for chumps (myself included!).
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
provocateur
Freshman Poster

Good information about AFA and Anastasia.

Post by provocateur »

There is a guy called Tony Bochene that has a few posts on youtube under the username of "RussianBrideReality" or something of that ilk. I like his style. Anyway, he slams AFA and Anastasia in his videos. He doesn't have any agenda that I can see. Check it out, the videos really are done quite well; he's not the typical blithering, stuttering idiot. He also comments on meeting women in Latin America, SE Asia, as well as FSU.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Good information about AFA and Anastasia.

Post by djfourmoney »

provocateur wrote:There is a guy called Tony Bochene that has a few posts on youtube under the username of "RussianBrideReality" or something of that ilk. I like his style. Anyway, he slams AFA and Anastasia in his videos. He doesn't have any agenda that I can see. Check it out, the videos really are done quite well; he's not the typical blithering, stuttering idiot. He also comments on meeting women in Latin America, SE Asia, as well as FSU.

His only agenda is he believes all these web sites take advantage of you. To that end, Elena's is reputable and I'm a member (for a few years). AFA is criticized and they deserve it to a degree. They are the direct benefit (so is Anastasia) of the boom in White Collar men opting for marriage to women from another country, one of the few industries to see growth in this crisis. Look at Mark (European Dream Connection/Dream Connection) he is able to start a company in this crisis in this industry and is doing well.

Tony has worked for AFA in FSU and when they first started going to Colombia. He was also on Mark's podcast you can find it there, goes it into much detail about his own two marriages.

Another good site for information is http://ruadventures.com/
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

Well I'm not a believer in the very popular sites like AFA, Elena's or Anastasia. They all love to squeeze money out of you. When I met my fiancee I met her on a local lithuanian site. Plus I have heard that the ukrainian version of facebook site http://www.vk.com has tons of hot women in it. If you on a tight budget then that site is a good idea to check out the women maybe even get a head start in getting to know their culture cause that site is free and even be able to get each other's skype, yahoo or whatever IM or voip apps you use. Anastasia, AFA, and many of those russian women sites will filter the emails you send the ladies and not let you pass your personal email account or even your user name for IM services. Their goal is to make more money from you using their so called email server.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Good information about AFA and Anastasia.

Post by Jester »

provocateur wrote:There is a guy called Tony Bochene that has a few posts on youtube under the username of "RussianBrideReality" or something of that ilk. I like his style. Anyway, he slams AFA and Anastasia in his videos. He doesn't have any agenda that I can see. Check it out, the videos really are done quite well; he's not the typical blithering, stuttering idiot. He also comments on meeting women in Latin America, SE Asia, as well as FSU.
Listening now. Outstanding.

Thanks.
Émigré
Freshman Poster

Post by Émigré »

***JP*** wrote:Well I'm not a believer in the very popular sites like AFA, Elena's or Anastasia. They all love to squeeze money out of you. When I met my fiancee I met her on a local lithuanian site. Plus I have heard that the ukrainian version of facebook site http://www.vk.com has tons of hot women in it. If you on a tight budget then that site is a good idea to check out the women maybe even get a head start in getting to know their culture cause that site is free and even be able to get each other's skype, yahoo or whatever IM or voip apps you use. Anastasia, AFA, and many of those russian women sites will filter the emails you send the ladies and not let you pass your personal email account or even your user name for IM services. Their goal is to make more money from you using their so called email server.

I have signed up for VK.com. This is probably a stupid question but how would I use VK.com for dating? I was thinking of sending a friendly penpal message.
Christianfilipinacom
Freshman Poster

Post by Christianfilipinacom »

We have no experience with those sites, but if you or anyone on this forum who is genuinely interested in finding a sincere lady who might some day be your soulmate, we are willing to give you a free upgraded account provided that you agree to join several other sites also on your own and that you promise to do an honest review of your experience comparing them. This offer is only good for the next few days because we are trying to get some folks from happierabroad to review our site.
polya
Junior Poster

Re: Are these dating sites legitimate?

Post by polya »

Émigré wrote:I have been hesitant on joining dating sites like AnastasiaDate, Elena's Models, and Russian Cupid because I heard some people claim they're scams. Can anyone tell me if they had any luck and if any are legitimate? Would an 18 or 19 year old woman go for a 26 year old American guy?

What's 99% likey to happen on all dating sites is the same as above: "Sent out 100 messages few replies which amounted to nothing. Most of the girls on the American sites aren't serious or don't like someone older if they're still college age."

My opinion is these sites are scams because they'll get hot girls to "wink" at you & you must pay to reply - guess what happens after you reply.... you're right - NOTHING!
"Woman is a violent and uncontrolled animal... If you allow them to achieve complete equality with men, do you think they will be easier to live with? Not at all. Once they have achieved equality, they will be your masters." Cato the Elder
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

Émigré wrote:
***JP*** wrote:Well I'm not a believer in the very popular sites like AFA, Elena's or Anastasia. They all love to squeeze money out of you. When I met my fiancee I met her on a local lithuanian site. Plus I have heard that the ukrainian version of facebook site http://www.vk.com has tons of hot women in it. If you on a tight budget then that site is a good idea to check out the women maybe even get a head start in getting to know their culture cause that site is free and even be able to get each other's skype, yahoo or whatever IM or voip apps you use. Anastasia, AFA, and many of those russian women sites will filter the emails you send the ladies and not let you pass your personal email account or even your user name for IM services. Their goal is to make more money from you using their so called email server.

I have signed up for VK.com. This is probably a stupid question but how would I use VK.com for dating? I was thinking of sending a friendly penpal message.

Well my advice would be to send some addy's to the ladies there. I don't use that site but I have seen people post about that site here. I would send some addy's and nice emails and see what girls would be interested in getting to know you. :)
Christianfilipinacom
Freshman Poster

Re: Are these dating sites legitimate?

Post by Christianfilipinacom »

polya wrote:

What's 99% likey to happen on all dating sites is the same as above: "Sent out 100 messages few replies which amounted to nothing. Most of the girls on the American sites aren't serious or don't like someone older if they're still college age."

My opinion is these sites are scams because they'll get hot girls to "wink" at you & you must pay to reply - guess what happens after you reply.... you're right - NOTHING!
Actually, based on our research, if you signup and begin to pay, it is not "nothing". What happens on the scam sites that charge per-message and per-minute is that the men actually believe they are getting to know women on those sites, starting relationships that they hope will one day become happy marriages. Little do the men know, that their messages are being answered by women who are being paid per message to reply to them. When the men pay per minute on those sites for webcam chat, little do they know that the women are being paid per minute to pretend to be falling in love with them. These sites don't make just $20 or $30 from a man who signs up. They make $1000+ because they keep drawing the man out, one $10 letter and one $30 video chat session at a time.

If you don't believe this, do the following research.

Visit http://model.mk.ua/ this appears to be one of the many sub-agencies of Anastasia that is apparently employed to actually do the known impersonation. They say they pay women (see the payment chart on the payment page http://model.mk.ua/index.php/payout) to pretend to be falling in love with men, while undisclosed they are getting a chunk of commission from impersonating fake profiles, answering emails and doing webcam chats "building the relationship" for per-minute and per-message charges. On the model.mk.ua site you can find the reference to Svadba at http://model.mk.ua/index.php/conditions along with other fraud sites where the women can also do the same scam. Svadba seems to be the Russian women site for Anastasia, I think they give a car to the woman who meets some goal, can you imagine what the metric is? http://www.svadba.com/ --

This is how model.mk.ua describes the "job" of working as a pretend fiance on Anastasia (google translate):
This is somewhat similar to the introduction in the train - you're talking to real people, but you can create any image of yourself and be who you want when talking to them, for they do not know anything about you except that you inform them about himself, and everyone understands that most likely will never meet. Today in the Internet there are a myriad of paid entertainment resources of different content and visitors willing to pay money for downloading pictures, music, videos. In the same way, many are willing to pay for the use of home entertainment LiveShow.

Anastasiadate.com front page says "Genuine and affectionate women and Love Knows no Boundaries" not "Women who will pretend to be Genuine and affectionate since you are paying them per minute and per letter to pretend to love you"