Any guys here live in the Ukraine?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Any guys here live in the Ukraine?

Post by jamesbond »

I was wondering if there were any guys here living in the Ukraine or who have lived in the Ukraine. I want to visit that country someday and just wanted to get some feedback from guys who currently live there or used to live there. How are the winters there? Are they brutually cold or mild? Lots of snow or little snow? How are the summers, hot and humid or mild?What is the crime like in the major cities and surrounding areas? I know there are a ton of friendly women there, who actually want to meet men (unlike so many American women who have no need for men, unless he is a bad boy). There a lot of dating agencies in the Ukraine and you can also meet women in public like in grocery stores, book stores and in parks. I need to get to the Ukraine and start meeting some of those women before I go crazy here in the US!
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

I just got back from there. Not too much colder than it is here, though it kept snowing. I live in the South USA, BTW.

Man, in Ukraine, I couldn't beat the women off me with a fuckn' stick! Certainly there are more women than men. Another thing it seems is the government there does not cater to women, so women lean to men for support. So it seems all women there want relationships. I also found I could be nice and it actually HELPED me, where as American women expect a bad boy. Over there, if you are a bad boy, well, there are plenty of those there, so you hinder yourself.
Last edited by jtest28 on January 28th, 2008, 10:08 pm, edited 2 times in total.
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

BTW, I am going back there this June, if anyone wants to tag along with me.

And it is not as expensive as you may think to go to Ukraine. I met one really cool-assed woman on my first trip, in fact, the first one I dated, who is also crazy about me, and only spent maybe $1800. Basically, the apartment for a week, $350, and the plain ticket, $1200. Plus a little money to spend and your money spends further there too. Cab fair like $5, etc.

The hard part is the reaction the men give you when they see you are there to date their women. When I was alone there, no problem from them at all. If I was with a woman, look out!!!
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Did you use any of the dating agencys? That's what I plan on doing if I ever go there. I heard of one guy who spent 6 months in the Ukraine and used a few dating services and dated 100 women in 6 months! Something that would be near impossible to do here in the US. Did you learn Russian before you went? I was told it's best to learn Russian before you go, then you don't need to hire an interpreter to go on your dates with you.
Are the women approachable like everyone says they are? Could you approach women in public like in grocery stores and parks? I need to check that country out some day!
Last edited by jamesbond on February 3rd, 2011, 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

jamesbond wrote:Did you use any of the dating agencys? That's what I plan on doing if I ever go there. I heard of one guy who spent 6 months in the Ukraine and used a few dating services and dated 100 women in 6 months! Something that would be near impossible to do here in the US. Did you learn Russian before you went? I was told it's best to learn Russian before you go, then you don't need to hire an interpreter to go on your dates with you.
Are the women approachable like everyone says they are? Could you approach women in public like in grocery stores and parks? I need to check that country out some day!
Yeah, it's all true about Ukraine. I am shy of women to the point of almost a mental illness, yet when I was there, I felt like women really and truly felt warm in my presence. It's like I could feel they wanted me to talk to them. And just the fact that women are a dime a dozen, also helps you. I was talking with smoking hot women as if they were ugly homeless men. I learned no Russian though. And it helps to know it as your dates will be more romantic with no interpreter. I used an agency. http://www.khersongirls.com though I did not go to Kherson, but Kharkov. As soon as I left Ukraine and went to another country for my trip home, the first thing I could tell was that women no longer were approachable at all. I felt like throwing rocks at them because I had gotten used to being around feminine women.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

jtest28 would you ever consider living in the Ukraine?

Post by jamesbond »

Now that you have been to the Ukraine, would you ever consider living there? I mean it seems like a great place to meet women, why not live there, that is if you can find a job there. I will visit the Ukraine someday and if I like it enough, I might decide to live there. I would want to learn Russian first and learn more about their culture and look into the job market over there.

Like Winston has said, he goes to Russia and the Ukraine and dates lots of women and has a great social life, then when he came back to the US, it was once again, NO social life, no opportunity to meet women and no fun. Now that he is living in the Philippines, he has a great social life all the time and meets women all the time. Maybe that is the answer, to actually move to another country and be able to meet women ALL the time not just when you visit that country.

I heard of a guy who lived in the Ukraine for 6 months and dated 100 women during that time! He said when he flew back home to Atlanta Georgia, he once again had NO social life and NO women in his life! So, the following year he went back to the Ukraine for 6 months and once again dated lots of women and had lots of fun! Maybe it's best just to move to the country where your meeting lot's of women, instead of just visiting that country.
Last edited by jamesbond on February 3rd, 2011, 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
jtest28
Freshman Poster

Post by jtest28 »

I would certainly move to Ukraine if I could. Though, what will I do for work? I would be willing to learn the language but what abut a job? I hated leaving Ukraine the last time I was there. I really do like it there.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

jtest28 wrote:BTW, I am going back there this June, if anyone wants to tag along with me.

And it is not as expensive as you may think to go to Ukraine. I met one really cool-assed woman on my first trip, in fact, the first one I dated, who is also crazy about me, and only spent maybe $1800. Basically, the apartment for a week, $350, and the plain ticket, $1200. Plus a little money to spend and your money spends further there too. Cab fair like $5, etc.

The hard part is the reaction the men give you when they see you are there to date their women. When I was alone there, no problem from them at all. If I was with a woman, look out!!!
W: What part of the Ukraine were you in? What cities do you recommend? How is Odessa and Kiev?

If you have local connections that aren't targeting foreigners, you can get everything for less.
Jackal
Experienced Poster

Post by Jackal »

jtest28 wrote:As soon as I left Ukraine and went to another country for my trip home, the first thing I could tell was that women no longer were approachable at all.
When you say you went to another country for your trip home do you mean that you just changed planes there or did you stay there for a few days? Which country was it may I ask? (You don't have to tell if you don't want to.)
Grunt
Junior Poster

Post by Grunt »

I lived in Kherson Ukraine for a year. I met my wife within days of being in Ukraine, so I cant say much about other night life options. Start with a decent dating agency and work out from there.

We rented an apartment for $350 a month, but that was back in 2004. Probably cost more like $700 a month now.

I would avoid Kiev as its a very "cosmopolitan" city. The girls are very classy and educated...and thus generally boring and self absorbed. I didnt like Odessa as it was dirty and riddled with the yarmulke types...it is a port town after all. Where there is commerce, there are parasites.

Now, if you already HAVE a foreign wife, then by all means try Kiev. The competition will keep her on her toes and they even have a TGIF and the food is just as good as in America.

As far as jobs in Ukraine, you wont find any outside of Kiev and even then you will barely make enough to survive. 40 hours a week and no cash. Hardly a winning combination.
Sonic Monkey
Freshman Poster

Post by Sonic Monkey »

There's one born every minute - $350 (assuming that's in USD) means someone saw you coming, even given the fact foreigners always pay more than locals in Ukraine.

james, if you are interested in learning more about Ukraine, you can post questions at ukraine.com's forum. It is slow in the summer, but there are a fair number of Ukrainians posting there. You won't find much information on meeting women. The posters there aren't hostile to such posts, they just don't seem to give a damn. But there's a lot of information about Ukrainian culture, politics and history.