What Russian/Ukrainian Women Looked Like In the Soviet Era

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Re: What Russian/Ukrainian Women Looked Like In the Soviet E

Post by Voyager1 »

Winston, will you teach newbgold to properly embed photos and videos?
newbgold
Freshman Poster

Post by newbgold »

I spent all of 2016 in Czech Republic and noticed the following:

1.Women age over 50 look fat and terrible, much worse than their American female peers. These are the women who came of age when it was still the Cold War era.
2. Women age 36-50 usually look not good, with the small exception of 2-3% of them being MILFs, but that was very rare. There was some improvement compared to their elders. But still noticeably worse than their American female peers. There is much more MILFy women in USA from that age group.
3. Women age 22-36 look very good, the best of all. Virtually none of them are fat. They tend to have the best face and tend to dress in the best, most feminine way. It looks like they are trying too hard. Perhaps, they want to show off that they are not communist women anymore. And they want to look better to barter their looks to get a wealthier husband. And women in this group look better than their American female peers. But only in this age range.
4. Women age 16-22 look exactly the same as their American female peers. There is the same percentage of fit girls, there is the same percentage of fat girls, the same percentage of girls with ugly faces. There is no difference in how American girls and Slavic girls of this age group look. They dress the same, they act the same, they talk the same way. However, the Slavic girls are much more judgmental of your looks and your monetary status. Slavic girls care much more if you have chiseled jaw, if you have chiseled abs, if you have tattoos. They care much more that you dress in expensive designer suits and that you drive expensive car brands. American women are FAR more forgiving if you don't fit these stereotypes.

These were the observations from my life in Prague, and from my travels to Czech cities Brno, Plzen, Olomouc, Slovak cities Bratislava, Nitra, and other former communist block cities Budapest, Wroclaw, and Krakow. I had met many Czech, Slovak, Polish, and Hungarian women, and many Russian, Ukrainian, Belorussian women studying and working abroad in Prague.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Years ago, I met this woman from Lithuania. She told me that people where she lived would make fun of other women who were not thin.

The women in most of the OP's post seem to be of women in their 40s and upward. These are not photos of women in their teens and 20s for the most part. You'd be surprised what happens to some women after age 35.

So I don't really think you can take a bunch of photos of women older than 35 years old to say that they are representative of the attractiveness of the average young woman in a region. The age of a woman greatly affects her body weight and skin quality for many of them.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Voyager1 wrote:Actually yeah. Just look at the daughter (beautiful), then the mother, then the grandmother. You will see the sequence of events. It's called aging.
Sometimes you have to explain things such as this. I just don't see the point though. I want about 10 minutes of my time back.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Also, while NewBGold is talking about the photos posted by Voyager as being of models and thereby dismissing them, he fails to realize that much of what he is posting is simply Soviet propaganda. It's what the Soviets wanted Russian women to be. You can even see that by the nature of the photos. It's propaganda from the government. That stuff is the direction they wanted to lead women towards. Normal women are not like that, at all. That's like saying that GI Jane is the average American woman, which is not true. It's fiction.

Women in uniform? A woman working in a bakery is overweight? A woman literally driving some heavy machinery is the average Russian woman? No, that is focusing on a very narrow and abnormal subsection of society and then claiming the rest of the Russian women therefore are just like them. Can you post a bunch of pictures of older women to say the younger women of the whole country are just like them? A bunch of women selling cookies and working in bakeries?
newbgold
Freshman Poster

Post by newbgold »

Adama,
I just posted real life observations from my year 2016 spent in the former communist nation Czech Republic. I also traveled to Slovakia, Poland, and Hungary. Met hundreds of women of different ages from Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus, who spent time in Central Europe as tourists or on work visa.
The observations were made based on average women in each age group:
Women over 50 looked terrible. Majority were ugly landwhales. American women over 50 look much better.
Women age 36-50 were nothing to write home about. American women age 36-50 look still better.
Women age 22-36 looked exceptional! American women age 22-36 look worse on average. The other way around from the oldest age group.
Women under 22 were still mostly slim, but a few fatties here and there. Same concentration of hotties and fatties as in women under 22 in USA. No different from American women under 22. In fact, the women under 22 tend to look the same worldwide.
And in addition, I have my own personal childhood memories from late 1980s and early 1990s. I remember that slim women were very rare in all age groups. There were a few who were 15-20 at the time, i.e. born around 1970-1975. But even that was more exception rather than the rule.
I remember coming to USA in early 1990s, and I remember how much better American women in all age groups looked in comparison. I took note, even though I was still a child back then.
Last edited by newbgold on August 13th, 2017, 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

newbgold wrote:Adama,
I just posted real life observations from my year 2016 spent in the former communist nation Czech Republic. I also traveled to Slovakia, Poland, and Hungary. Met hundreds of women of different ages from Russia, Ukraine, and Belarus, who spent time in Central Europe as tourists or on work visa.
The observations were made based on average women in each age group:
Women over 50 looked terrible. Majority were ugly landwhales. American women over 50 look much better.
Women age 36-50 were nothing to write home about. American women age 36-50 look still better.
Women age 22-36 looked exceptional! American women age 22-36 look worse on average. The other way around from the oldest age group.
Women under 22 were still mostly slim, but a few fatties here and there. Same concentration of hotties and fatties as in women under 22 in USA. No different from American women under 22. In fact, the women under 22 tend to look the same worldwide.

I understand. The younger the woman is, the more attractive she is, in general. This is one of those universal and fundamental facts about women.
newbgold
Freshman Poster

Post by newbgold »

But then why do American women over 50 look so much better than their Slavic female peers?
And how will you explain this too?
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

newbgold wrote:
But then why do American women over 50 look so much better than their Slavic female peers?
And how will you explain this too?
Lifestyle choices, if true.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

newbgold wrote:Aging does certainly take its toll on a woman's looks.
But rarely can it transform a slender beautiful young woman into an old landwhale.
Yes, aging does descrease a woman's beauty, but it can't turn a woman from a model to a monster.
If a woman looks like a monster in old age, it is unlikely that she was beautiful in her youth. She may have looked better, but not very good.

These are Soviet women from WWII era and they were about 22-27 years old on those pictures.

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/cb/f8/fe/cbf8 ... -women.jpg
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/23 ... -union.jpg

And my old tailor friend from USSR tells me that approximate BMI range of young women was about 29-37.5 during the Soviet era.

I am telling you, female obesity in USSR was much higher than female obesity in today's America.

Russian/Ukrainian women used to be landwhales from young age.
This is true. For example, if you look at photos of Audrey Hepburn or Sophia Loren in their old age, they still look graceful, elegant and lovely, even though they have more wrinkles. They do not look like monsters or whales.

However, there are some American women who turn into whales after being attractive in their youth. For example, Angela Cartwright, the girl who played Penny Robinson in "Lost in Space" (1965), looked lovely and gorgeous as a girl, but now she look like a whale. You can search Google Images to see what I mean.

However, the food in Russia is very organic and not very flavorful. I've been there. The food in Russia doesn't have any chemicals or preservatives or artificial ingredients. So it's quite healthy and organic, but tasteless as well. So I don't see how the food there can turn someone obese. On the other hand, American food does make many obese as we all know.

But Russian women are reputed not to age well though, especially compared to NE Asian women. I don't know why though. Maybe it's due to poverty or a hard lifestyle or genetics?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Voyager1 wrote:Winston, will you teach newbgold to properly embed photos and videos?
Why? If he wanted to, he could have. There's nothing wrong with posting links to photos and videos. That way it makes the loading time of this page faster too, so there's an advantage to it. Dude please stop asking silly trivial questions and focus on the topic. Some of your rants are juvenile.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Adama wrote:Also, while NewBGold is talking about the photos posted by Voyager as being of models and thereby dismissing them, he fails to realize that much of what he is posting is simply Soviet propaganda. It's what the Soviets wanted Russian women to be. You can even see that by the nature of the photos. It's propaganda from the government. That stuff is the direction they wanted to lead women towards. Normal women are not like that, at all. That's like saying that GI Jane is the average American woman, which is not true. It's fiction.

Women in uniform? A woman working in a bakery is overweight? A woman literally driving some heavy machinery is the average Russian woman? No, that is focusing on a very narrow and abnormal subsection of society and then claiming the rest of the Russian women therefore are just like them. Can you post a bunch of pictures of older women to say the younger women of the whole country are just like them? A bunch of women selling cookies and working in bakeries?
Dude, Mr. Fundie, your reading comprehension is off. NewBGold said already that his observations and comparisons are based on first hand experiences of his friends and relatives from the FSU who grew up during the Soviet Era. Not from photos alone. The photos he posted are just examples to illustrate the first hand experiences of those he knew who were there during the Soviet Era. That was obvious from his OP. Man your reading comprehension sucks. :P

Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

One of the things I noticed in Russia and Ukraine is that people eat mostly the whole animal and throw no part of it away. They often eat pork fat (in Ukraine it's Salo) whereas we would cut that part off and throw it away. I wonder if this at all contributes to obesity in both men and women as they get older.

Voyager1
Experienced Poster

Post by Voyager1 »

Winston wrote:Why? If he wanted to, he could have. There's nothing wrong with posting links to photos and videos. That way it makes the loading time of this page faster too, so there's an advantage to it. Dude please stop asking silly trivial questions and focus on the topic. Some of your rants are juvenile.
It doesn't look very good, him posting all those links. He could illustrate his message better I think if his images and videos were embedded. I don't think there would be much difference in the time the page takes to load since most are on high speed anyhow.

newbgold - you see those buttons above when you're composing a message? Check them out. They might prove to be useful.
newbgold
Freshman Poster

Post by newbgold »

In another thread, I wrote up a post on what makes a country good or bad for men.
I outlined 4 types of conditions that contribute a country being a paradise or a hell for men.
Then, I compared United States 40 years ago to United States today.

Now, I will attempt to do the same with USSR 40 years ago and Russia/Ukraine today.

USSR in 1970s:

0. Main Condition: Beauty level of an average woman
Very Bad
- I just wrote a whole thread on how Soviet young women were mostly fat ugly landwhales, even young women in those times. Yes, USSR had higher female obesity than black American women do today. Of course, not all women were fat, but majority was.

1a. Real Ratio:
Average
- In 1970s USSR, the number of women 18-40 was roughly equal to the number of men 18-40.

1b. Perceived Ratio:
Historically Great!
- This was one good thing about being a man in USSR in 1970s.
The women's perception of the gender ratio was skewed in men's favor.
Probably never in history of mankind did women think that there were so few men.
Three decades earlier, WWII killed off the majority of men born in 1917-24. This resulted in many women born in 1917-29 who were involuntarily unmarried and usually involuntarily celibate. Most Soviet women in WWII generation were perpetually left without a man due to the war. In 1970s, these women were still alive and middle aged.
And this affected how young women perceived the gender ratio.
Every young woman personally knew at least several middle aged women from the war generation who were perpetually celibate. An aunt, a teacher, a coworker, a middle aged female neighbor. This subconsciously made them project the same fate for themselves. This made young Soviet women fear that they too would become lonely without a man and without sex.
Even though the real gender ratio had long evened out, women had the distorted sense that there were too few men.
Women were afraid to be picky, because they had such a strong reminder in the form of middle aged women from the war generation.
THeir thinkinng was "snag any man as soon as possible or suffer similar fate of total loneliness"

2a. Warmth and Gentleness of an Average young woman:
Good
- Despite the terrible official Soviet propaganda of militarism, USSR had a very warm and gentle counter-culture in 1960s and 1970s. Songwriters Vladimir Vysotsky and Bulat Okudzhava wrote and sang very poignant and sentimental songs and ballads. This affected young women too, as this caused them to be more warm and gentle. USSR in 1960s and 1970s was no longer a stalinist country, it was not so hardline as before. So, women were quite friendly as a result.

2b. Societal Preselection of Male Properties as Attractive
Good
- Society portrayed assertiveness, confidence, resourefulness, and intelligence as the most attractive male traits. And society did not portray thug behavior as attractive. Likewise, Soviet society did not have lookism against men. SO, all traits that were preselected as attractive were controllable and changeable.

3a. Economic Mobility:
Below Average
- Soviet society was structured in a way that did not allow men to rise up higher in economic status. However, it wasn't hard for a young man to become established. It was possible for a young man to achieve some economic stability very fast, but nothing higher than that.

3b. Economic Equality:
High
- USSR was mostly an egalitarian society until its breakup in 1991-92. Everyone was poor, but equal. As a result, Soviet women were not gold diggers, as there was no real gold to dig.

4a. Percentage of Dominant and Aggressive Men
Quite Low, so Quite Good
- Outside of prison camps, thug behavior was rare in young men. More men strove to be successful workers who strove for more achievement. Or some men strove to be a quiet intellectual.

4b. Public Concentration of Females
Very Good
- Most Soviet women did not drive cars. SO, you could see them everywhere. On the street, on public transport, in stores.

4c. Societal Treatment of Average men:
Below Average
- There was milirary draft. And just in general, Soviet society treated its regular men as expendable and disposable. Women were treated badly, but most men were treated even worse, like pieces of garbage. Every man was taught to be a servant to his homeland, first and foremost.

Verdict: USSR in 1970s was not a sexual paradise for men, unlike the USA in 1970s. Mostly, due to the main condition, the quality of female beauty was much lower in USSR than USA at the time. But due to a whole generation of missing men, the young women were less picky and suffered from a scarcity mentality. And there were lots of women in public, but their quality was not high.

Later today, I will write on these conditions in Russia/Ukraine in 2017. But that will be later.