Why Western Men Should Move to Ukraine

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Why Western Men Should Move to Ukraine

Post by jamesbond »

This guy is starting to realize that moving out of the United States might be a good idea. He is starting to see that western countries are not suitable for single men.

"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Even though I am all about staying abroad, I did notice a paradigm shift among the 18 to 22 year old girls this past winter. This so-called Generation Z of females seem to be craving the traditional model much more than millennials and Generation X. Kind of gave me hope that my Florida winters can be full of bearable women unlike in years past.

I still say move abroad, because balance is key.
Carnio
Freshman Poster

Post by Carnio »

Last edited by Carnio on October 27th, 2019, 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Carnio wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 6:55 am
Well of course the Gen-Z women are going the Traditionalist route. Just like your average Black woman, they know that once american men collectively turn their backs on these women, No one else across the globe is going to want to have anything to do with them. Now that American men are getting sick to death of the man hating misandry and are punching back, or are giving them the middle finger and going else where, they are NOW available and want to go back to the good ol' 1950s!

Sorry, too little to late. Ill stay abroad thanks
Completely get that Carn. I still think American women are too toxic to trust for anything more than recreational association. But I am noticing foreign women become more and more negatively Westernized as the world shrinks due to mass media, social media, and cheap travel. Also the exodus of talented men into the “gold mine” countries for females, female value inflation is creeping up in those countries as well. Abroad is still better, but Ameriskanks of the youngest, hottest variety surprised me more than I ever expected.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

Posted in the expats in Ukraine group of Facebook by Tasos Tsiamis (not sure what happened to Step 3, probably a typo):

------
COST-RULES-STEPS FOR OPENING LLC COMPANY IN UKRAINE AND GET WORK PERMIT AND PERMISSION FOR LIVING FOR 3 YEARS.....

The most important is that you must be legal in Ukraine when we will start all the process.... If you can't come to UKRAINE, then you can send us a power of attorney so we will do all the process for you. The steps are the following :

1.Translation of your passport to Ukrainian language. 3 copies are necessary. It needs 1 day.

2. Issue of a tax code number. It needs 4 days to be ready.

4. Open and register a LLC company in your name. It needs 1 day.

5. The company will ask from the employment center to issue for you a work permit for 3 years. It needs 8 days to be ready.

6. When the work permit is ready, with all the needed documents you will fly out of Ukraine in any Ukrainian embassy in order to get a visaD-04 (from 26 of June you can get the visaD in Ukraine from the ministry of foreign affairs if you have passport from a country that is under the 90/180 days free visa rule). The cost of the visaD-04 its not the same for every country and I can't know how much it will cost. You must ask the Ukrainian embassy in your country.

7. With the visaD-04 you will return to Kiev and we will go to the immigration office to issue for you a permission for living for 3 years. It needs 20-25 days to be ready.

8. After you will get the permission for living, you have 30 days to register yourself in a house address.

The cost for all this is 1.500$ + the cost of the visaD-04. The price includes the opening of bank account, stamp, electronic key for the tax office. The price does not include the cost of the company address and the house address registration, in case you don't have your own.

The cost for the company address (if you don't have your own) is 100€ euro per year.

The cost for the house address is 200$.

When you will open the company, you will be the director of the company. You must pay to yourself salary. The minimum salary is 4.500 UAH per month. From this amount you will pay 41% for taxes and pension. Its around 70$ per month ($840 per year) and you will be totally legal.

The company should not pay any taxes if it does not have any activities and income. If the company will have income then you will pay 5% of the total income or 18% of your profit.

We will choose what is the best way for you. I hope that I wrote everything clear. If you have any questions, I will be glad to help you. For more information feel free to pm me.
--------
Visa 4D from step 6 for work visa is $182 for USA, $802 for United Kingdom, $150 Canada, $385 Australia, nothing shown for New Zealand. Click on visa fees option here: https://mfa.gov.ua/en/consular-affairs/con/visa

So $1500 to lawyer to set everything up for 3 years (certified translation, filing fees, lawyer's fees) plus $182 visa fee for USA (different for other countries), then $840 taxes per year, $100 for company address per year, $200 for home address per year. Total of about $1701 per year over 3 year period.

If you did everything yourself, you would still have the $840 taxes per year plus fees for certified translation of passport to Ukrainian language, notary fees, filling fees, visa fee. Probably could get cost to maybe $1000 per year with help of Ukrainian girlfriend working for free and providing addresses. But still way above those estimates CE gave.

I think it's a bad idea to get visa through excessive help of girlfriend, because now you are tied to her. If things fall apart with her, you can't use her address any more, for example. It's also penny wise pound foolish for someone with plenty of money, like CE, to subject himself and the girlfriend to a huge amount of frustration and standing in line just to save $700 per year. Dealing with Ukraine bureaucracy enough to cause a breakup with the girlfriend right there, unless both of you have lots of patience. Also, most of the $1500 to the lawyer is profit, and you are now a valued customer, so you can expect that lawyer to be quick to offer services for any other problems you have in Ukraine, including problems with the girlfriend. Whereas if you try to save money by doing it alone, you miss out on this opportunity to build a good long-term working relationship with a lawyer.

I eventually plan to get residency by the above method in Ukraine, and $1701 per year cost will be partially offset by savings on round trip flight between Europe and the United States each year (cost $633 in 2019). But right now it's not worth the hassle and expense to me, because right now at most I would stay an extra month in Ukraine above what I am allowed using a tourist visa.
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

One thing I should clarify, regarding getting a work visa via your own company. The $840 taxes is on your wages. Tax is high because Ukraine expects foreigners on work visas to have high salaries, like $1000/month or whatever. Ukraine not interested in importing unskilled workers, in other words. If you are actually working in Ukraine, and earning such a high salary, either doing location independent work or working for another company in Ukraine using a service contact between your company and the other company, then you would be paying that $840 in taxes anyway. So this makes net cost of starting your own company to get a work visa under $1000 per year using that lawyer I mentioned, and under $200 if you do everything yourself with the assistance of a girlfriend.

I overlooked this because I'm retired and have no plans to ever work again myself.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Post by MatureDJ »

A 3-year visa to Russia costs $450 through a travel agent; only have to do a visa run every 6 months, and that can be as little as a few hours (although the guards get suspicious if you don't spend a night).
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Post by MatureDJ »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 5:01 am
Even though I am all about staying abroad, I did notice a paradigm shift among the 18 to 22 year old girls this past winter. This so-called Generation Z of females seem to be craving the traditional model much more than millennials and Generation X. Kind of gave me hope that my Florida winters can be full of bearable women unlike in years past.

I still say move abroad, because balance is key.
Yes, I've read something about that as well. The guy that came up with Generational Turning theory was on to something.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strauss%E ... nal_theory
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

If you have close relatives who were born or resided permanently in Ukraine: two generations back, that usually gets you permanent visa. It does not matter their ethnicity, their religion or where the place was listed politically. If it was within present day UA borders, then it's Ukraine. Then you can apply for citizenship.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Arabs and Turks manage to stay in UA. If they can, you can, too
Shemp
Experienced Poster

Post by Shemp »

ladislav wrote:
June 21st, 2019, 7:22 am
Arabs and Turks manage to stay in UA. If they can, you can, too
A lot of those guys from poor countries do a scam marriage to a poor middle-aged Ukrainian woman (they pay her $300 or whatever to marry and then divorce once they get residency, without actually having sex, or maybe they also give the woman a little sex as a bonus). If you are a rich westerner, I think this method is inadvisable.

I was talking to a fellow monger the other day who got residency via the fake volunteer method, but he's a native Russian speaker (born in Russia, left in 1990, currently USA citizen), reads Ukrainian, understands Ukrainian bureaucracy. Again, not advisable for rich westerners. Use the fully legal, fully honest methods like starting a business or a legitimate marriage, and go through a local lawyer.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

Ukraine can give PR to all those whose direct relatives were born or have lived in the territory which later became UA up to three generations back including oneself, regardless of ethnicity. Two of my friends qualify because they had German grandparents who were born in the Russian and Austrian parts of Ukraine.
Neo
Junior Poster

Post by Neo »

I was in Central Park last year and I ran into three Ukrainian girls. The one I sat next to spoke good English, and I was surprised. She made it seem like many people there know English well. I didn't ask her if I would have to learn the language though.
Prudence is the knowledge of things to be sought, and those to be shunned.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Neo wrote:
July 23rd, 2019, 10:37 pm
I was in Central Park last year and I ran into three Ukrainian girls. The one I sat next to spoke good English, and I was surprised. She made it seem like many people there know English well. I didn't ask her if I would have to learn the language though.
That figures. You Americans that don't have the aptitude, and/or are too sedentary, and/or are too-entitled to learn another language look for ways out of learning the foreign woman's language. I speak three languages, and I will learn a non-Romantic forth. I acquiesce to foreign language because I realize that U.S.-styled feminism has primarily an Anglospheric denominator and reach. I have a friend in Brazil that refuses to teach his woman English (because he's well-aware of how deadly the English language is which is a conduit for feminism, and they have been married for 7 years now. This guys is working class yet his woman never b.itches nor gets into an argument with him at all over nada. When I get some things wrong or I misunderstand Portuguese whilst conversing with her, she tries to correct me in Portuguese. Unlike most Hispanics, they try to correct you in broken English (yes Brazilians are Lusophones/Latinos not Hispanic)...I have been saying this for a decade now.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

jamesbond wrote:
June 9th, 2019, 1:58 am
This guy is starting to realize that moving out of the United States might be a good idea. He is starting to see that western countries are not suitable for single men.

Hey Jamesbond here is a related video entitled: "FOREIGN WIFE. IS IT FOR YOU?" in regards of men going to Ukraine (or any other country) with a more realistic view of what to look for in women, what to expect, and look out for. This video is by Ukrainian Lens (who lives in Canada).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZsuRVDQkbg