American man sentenced to 9 years in Russia!

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.

Moderators: jamesbond, fschmidt

MatureDJ
Freshman Poster

American man sentenced to 9 years in Russia!

Post by MatureDJ »

Special Offer! FREE 6 Month Membership on ForeignWomen.com! Sign up here.

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: American man sentenced to 9 years in Russia!

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

I’ve been in about 10 situations over the last 20 years overseas that could have gone wrong. Mostly they involved local losers thinking I was living a little too well for their comfort, but a few of them involving local men envious about my being with top shelf local women.

You always have to keep your head because you are at a disadvantage numerically, culturally and LEGALLY.

I rarely drink alcohol overseas and when I do, it is no more than a single glass of wine. Why? Because clear thinking is critical to recognizing, avoiding, and diffusing situations that can land you in jail which is what aggressive locals would love to see.

Idiots don’t belong abroad because it is only a matter of time that something negative will befall them.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Veteran Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 7:28 pm
I’ve been in about 10 situations over the last 20 years overseas that could have gone wrong. Mostly they involved local losers thinking I was living a little too well for their comfort, but a few of them involving local men envious about my being with top shelf local women.

You always have to keep your head because you are at a disadvantage numerically, culturally and LEGALLY.

I rarely drink alcohol overseas and when I do, it is no more than a single glass of wine. Why? Because clear thinking is critical to recognizing, avoiding, and diffusing situations that can land you in jail which is what aggressive locals would love to see.

Idiots don’t belong abroad because it is only a matter of time that something negative will befall them.
I learned observing from the late Bakari Henderson-Greek s.hituation to learn how to talk it out firstly and foremost.
yick
Experienced Poster

Post by yick »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
July 31st, 2020, 7:28 pm

It's the same in China, Wendell Brown was attacked by four men in a nightclub and he beat every single one of them up - who was sentenced for four years? Well, it weren't the four Chinese men who started trouble because Brown was getting friendly with some Chinese girls.