Article: Russia's economy will 'die by winter' because of military mobilization

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Article: Russia's economy will 'die by winter' because of military mobilization

Post by MatureDJ »

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/russias- ... 07091.html

As a veteran of P4P in Russia 2000 @ $7/hr, I can say that those were golden times; maybe the war will bring us these times again, although I think the typical Russian man will want to kill the typical NATO-country visitor.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: article: Russia's economy will 'die by winter' because of military mobilization

Post by Yohan »

Not sure about that, of course maybe 1 or 2 million young men will be missing somewhere from villages and towns in Siberia, but Russia has about 145 million people. Not so many people will be missing....

The question is more about visa, if you can travel in future so easily to Russia and move around to any place you like.
Also the already poor quality of life will even more decline, with a shortage of many items...

Generally I do not think a single male traveller from EU or USA etc. will face troubles. More likely he will be welcome to spend his dollars or euros which can be used to buy almost everything for higher prices of course on the black market or in regular duty free shops....
Taco
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: article: Russia's economy will 'die by winter' because of military mobilization

Post by Taco »

Paranoia is just having the right information. - William S. Burroughs
Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Post by Jackfruits »

Yohan wrote:
September 27th, 2022, 9:28 am
Not sure about that, of course maybe 1 or 2 million young men will be missing somewhere from villages and towns in Siberia, but Russia has about 145 million people. Not so many people will be missing....

The question is more about visa, if you can travel in future so easily to Russia and move around to any place you like.
Also the already poor quality of life will even more decline, with a shortage of many items...

Generally I do not think a single male traveller from EU or USA etc. will face troubles. More likely he will be welcome to spend his dollars or euros which can be used to buy almost everything for higher prices of course on the black market or in regular duty free shops....
what I have been told by a russian friend; they are now scouting poor village boys from rural areas in former soviet republics to join the russian army with a nice pay check
Jackfruits
Freshman Poster

Re: Article: Russia's economy will 'die by winter' because of military mobilization

Post by Jackfruits »

MatureDJ wrote:
September 26th, 2022, 3:17 pm
https://finance.yahoo.com/news/russias- ... 07091.html

As a veteran of P4P in Russia 2000 @ $7/hr, I can say that those were golden times; maybe the war will bring us these times again, although I think the typical Russian man will want to kill the typical NATO-country visitor.
so that's before russian oil explosion value... i was just a kid in secondary school in 2000..... you must have had a golden time. so my guess you are in your 50-60s right now?
MatureDJ
Junior Poster

Re: Article: Russia's economy will 'die by winter' because of military mobilization

Post by MatureDJ »

Yes, I am in my 50s.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

This article hasn't aged well, as haven't other articles about the Russians running out of ammunition, Putin dying of cancer, being overthrown etc. The regime propagandists lack any previous sophistication and are now just blatantly and obviously lying all the time about everything.