Ladislav, do Russian women prefer big white men?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Russia, Ukraine, or the former Soviet Republics.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

In my experience as a black man abroad, being a black man is only a negative in the USA and in Latin America. I have had mostly positive experiences in Central and Eastern Europe. The only bad experiences would be from local men or resentful white American men who resent local women giving me most of the attention.

Race is a huge factor in the Americas, especially the US. Most people are indifferent until they get to know you. When they get to know you, just be sure you make them like you and you are home free.
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:In my experience as a black man abroad, being a black man is only a negative in the USA and in Latin America.
It's interesting that you say that being black is a negative in Latin America..are you including most of South America in this? I always figured countries like Brazil were way more accepting of social racial mixing.

I'm glad to see the "black" perspective abroad sometimes. I had a buddy who was african-american who was in Thailand for awhile and I watched how the regular ladies treated him. I think he was treated pretty well actually and didn't have any particular problems with dating. I thought it was an interesting contrast in observed experiences and what the general attitude is when it comes to discrimination.

What it boils down to, I believe, is that oftentimes in Asia most people don't have enough experience personal or otherwise to form a good opinion of non-white/non-asian people. So they usually consider the stereotypes but change their opinions if the person has a good personality. It's the same with anyone really.
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I am sorry guys, the reason my floodgates got opened is because I think I have been involved in similar arguments with others. After I would tell people that for example, I got beat up somewhere because I was a wrong race in the wrong place, they would say things like: Oh, it is because you were a jackass and invited it( but I did not). And then they would say' That never happened to me ( hence it does not exist and it only happened to you because you are an asshole- i .e, they would be victim-blaming).
There are so many factors and variables and so many different events that can happen depending on so many different things, it is very hard to come to a consensus. One person's experiences in one country are totally different from those of another. Not only that, there are groups of people that keep experiencing discrimination, crime and bad luck in one country and I am sure they are not jackasses or they invite it because they have a bad attitude. Some kind of karmic things are at work.

I will give you an example of the Philippines. To my view, I have never met a better bunch of people with whom I could be so much in tune and who would respect me and treat me so well. We just chime in. I rarely had any problem.
But I have a French friend and some American friends who live in a totally different world here. To them this place is the ultimate underworld populated by brutal thieves and thugs filled with criminal set ups and full of xenophobia. They hate the Filipinos and look down on them. They feel Filipinos are out to get them and destroy them. And they have one nasty run in after another. Blackmail, death threats ( one American guy here keeps getting death threats daily).
But this almost NEVER happened to me.

We just chime together like we are made from the same material.

But I hate Thailand with white-hot hatred and Thai people would get on my nerves and no matter how polite I was and nice, I found them to be extremely xenophobic, fanatically nationalistic and had experience of them not even wanting to get into the same elevator with me, daily mockery and people not even to sit next to me on buses, bus stops etc. I found them to be so evil and hateful, I do not know how I lasted over 3 years there. I had a lot of work there but no social life because I felt people hated me for being white. And the things they would say would be almost Hitlerian.
And I met other people who were not bad or anything but who felt hatred and people taunting them at work and not talking to them and all that. Not being served in a restaurant and people crossing to the other side of the street...Really nasty sh1t.
And then you would have other expats there say- Lovely people! Never happened to me! I was always welcome! The friendliest people around!
Yup, mystery!

As far as being Black, well, I have never been Black, but I would think that a Black AMERICAN with funds to support himself will get treated differently anywhere from the way a poor Caribbean or African guy would be. My feeling is in Brazil or Panama a confident Black American walking into a hotel or a shop would inspire awe and will be received better than a poor and skinny Mozambican. I think that the image of Black people and so many hip hop artists and so much positive stuff about Black people coming from TV now has changed the image of a black AMERICAN in many good ways. But then again, one does not know. I amnot black so I do not know what it is like to be inside of black skin and get treated this and that way.
Last edited by ladislav on September 13th, 2010, 1:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

ladislav wrote: But I hate Thailand with white-hot hatred and Thai people would get on my nerves and no matter how polite I was and nice, I found them to be extremely xenophobic, fanatically nationalistic and had experience of them not even wanting to get into the same elevator with me, daily mockery and people not even to sit next to me on buses, bus stops etc. I found them to be so evil and hateful, I do not know how I lasted over 3 years there. I had a lot of work there but no social life because I felt people hated me for being white. And the things they would say would be almost Hitlerian.
And I met other people who were not bad or anything but who felt hatred and people taunting them at work and not talking to them and all that. Not being served in a restaurant and people crossing to the other side of the street...Really nasty sh1t.
And then you would have other expats there say- Lovely people! Never happened to me! I was always welcome! The friendliest people around!
Yup, mystery!
What it boils down to is that "shit happens" a lot of times and it's all about being in the right place and time and falling in with the right group of people. There are some things that are generally true and do effect people in situations. In direct contrast to Ladislav's experiences I knew an Italian guy who spoke fluent Thai who was very popular with Thai people and was always invited out to social stuff and very openly dated middle class Thai girls.

It's the same way with a lot of asian-americans..there is quite a lot of racism in the U.S. against us that doesn't seem as apparent to people outside the group. I've had white americans insist that asians are accepted in America and don't experience racism when to most AA's this is pretty far from the truth of what our daily experiences are.

So, it's better to take all these experiences into consideration and see if there's anyway to mitigate one's own exposure to the more negative aspects if you visit that country. I have learned a lot from what people have said on here.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Repatriate wrote: It's interesting that you say that being black is a negative in Latin America..are you including most of South America in this? I always figured countries like Brazil were way more accepting of social racial mixing.
Latin America is the worst. Most of the BM who rave about Brazil do not have extensive international experience so their frame of reference is the USA usually so pf course Brazil would seem better. BM do well in Brazil not with the cream of the crop women, but women with poor socio-economic levels and prostitutes.

When it comes to the most attractive and affluent women in Brazil, BM are mostly frozen out due to the caste system in Brazil.

Brazil is an anomaly in Latin America. Try Uruguay, or Chile, or Guatemala, or Puerto Rico and see how you are treated by the most attractive women there. This is not so in Europe and in other parts of the world in my experience. I find that the MOST attractive women of these countries are indeed open to socializing with BM on many levels.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Pacsun,
Are you trying to claim that racism either doesn't exist or is just an issue with a fringe minority? If so, that is not true at all, and I'm shocked that you would think that.

Most people are racist one way or another in that they treat different races differently. Even in the Philippines, the least racist country in Asia, there is still racism in that darker people are treated badly and lighter skinned people are treated better.

You can't avoid racism, even if you deny it. It's very obvious, so why are you in denial about it.

Also, actions speak louder than words.

If every Russian woman told me that they were not racist, yet I cannot even rent an apartment or room in Moscow cause they only want to rent to white people, what does that tell you? The renting discrimination says a lot more than the polite words of Russian women who deny being racist, right?

Same with Japan. Any Japanese can politely tell you that they are not racist or xenophobic. But if 90 percent of them won't rent to foreigners, as Ladislav said, then that says a lot more than their words to your face. Doesn't it?

Sometimes you have to be in a country longer to notice the racism. I didn't notice the racism in Russia at first. Everyone was very friendly and open, and my personality jived well with them. But when I wanted to rent an apartment in Moscow, I had many problems. If they don't state racial preferences in the ad, then when I showed up, I would sense a xenophobic vibe at me. They would show me around politely, then say "Call me tomorrow and I'll let you know if it's still available. I have other renters coming today to look at the room."

When I called the next day, just as I suspected, they told me it was booked. Then I emailed them from another email account to see if they were lying, and they were. They told me it was available. That's proof that they lied and didn't want to live with Asians.

See what I mean? How do you explain that?

Also, a lot of friendly Russian girls would not introduce me to their parents. They might have found me interesting, and even liked my personality, but something in them could not bring them to take me seriously. It's like something in them would pull back suddenly, even if we had a great time on a date. This happened many times.

Even when they looked at me with starstruck eyes, like they were spellbound by me, they'd still flake out the next day and not show up again. It was like something inside them, perhaps their inherent taste for big strong white guys, made them pull away, even if their conscious mind liked me and they tried to like me.

It seems to be encoded in their DNA to be drawn to specific types like big white men for real relationships, even if they are very open and sociable with me. Big framed white guys tend to do better there and are taken more seriously by Russian women. The recent guy I introduced here, Mark Edward Davis, is an example of this.

That's why I asked Ladislav in this thread if that's the inherent preference of Russian women.

Remember, anyone can say that they are not racist. But actions are more revealing. Asking someone if they are a racist is like asking a used car salesman, "Are you an honest salesman" to which ALL of them will say "Yes of course I am!"

Any thoughts?
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Pacsun wrote: I know you like to say men with success in America with women use PUA. I don't use PUA and I hate everything about it. I am myself. Who else am I going to be? I am not changing for no one. Being yourself is the cliche response, but it is true. I have seen so-called PUAs fail and I've seen it with my own two eyes. Anyway, I am done for now. Believe what you want man.
I am sorry if I demeaned you. But I know many black guys and they DO experience racism and admit to it. You are one of the rare ones who do not.

If something I read on the screen contradicts what I see in real life, I prefer to go with what I see in real life.

Plus I've checked a lot of guys' claims in the past and found them to have been exaggerated.

Of course your friends will only say positive things to you. Our beliefs edit our perception of reality, and most of us are programmed with politically correct beliefs from the Travel Channel that say that everyone is friendly and wonderful everywhere.

Are you one of them?

You may be an attractive likable guy. Ok. But most guys do not claim that there is no racism. That's BS and any sensible person knows that.

I have a right to not believe everything I hear and use my discernment, and so do you. The difference is, I CAN PROVE everything I say with photos and videos. That gives me credibility, more than someone with no proof.

Maybe women everywhere do like you, but even so, you are wrong to say that racism doesn't exist or is just a fringe problem for a minority of people. That is not reality at all. That I am certain of.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Pacsun wrote:@RedDog, thank you. I am sick of the racism obsession. Yes, it happens, but you and I cannot control it so why bother trying to figure out why they hate a certain racial group or what not? Live your life and do what you want to do.

I have been in a house where confederate flags were hung up from the ceiling to the backyard and they let me in not once, but twice. They were racists okay. They hated blacks, but they let me in their home. Why? They saw something in me and they like who I was. I always use this example because it is refreshing. If a family full of racists let me in their home, they must be a reason for this. It is the individual. Anyway, I said what I had to say.
That is a good attitude to have. And I agree with it. Perhaps you are lucky.

But what I disagree with you about is your claim that most blacks do not experience racism. They do.

What you describe is not what most blacks I've met describe. So I would have to log your experience as a "minority opinion" not a majority one.

But I don't know you and can't judge what you are saying either way.

I hope you aren't trying to pull that "law of attraction" crap where you believe that racism only happens if you think about it or fear it, are you? I can prove that that is not mostly true. What you think of yourself does not make others think the same way about you. For years I thought I was hot and American women liked me, but that didn't make them really like me.

I said you sounded politically correct cause you talked like those backpackers on the Travel Channel do, who are programmed to only say positive things about everything, and claim that every party out there is fun, even when it's not.

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Ladislav,
Karma is definitely a factor in life and social experiences.

But another is not as much discussed, and that is that we all vibrate at a certain frequency on a metaphysical level that others sense subconsciously. And remember, most behavior is subconscious, not conscious.

But this a level beyond the five senses, which our school system, government, and scientific establishment want to keep us in to keep us locked in left brained body consciousness.

This is why the scientific establishment is very religious about believing in Darwin evolution, despite its many gaps, missing links and scientific impossibilities, because that paradigm says that we are merely animals, rather than spiritual beings, which is what they need us to believe. That belief keeps us locked in body consciousness which makes us far easier to control. You can't control the masses if they are all freethinking and connected to higher consciousness and right brain thinking, so you gotta suppress that if you are the elite.

But that's another topic.

There are also vortexes and meridian points along the Earth. A researcher wrote a book about this and pointed out that Washington DC, and many European capitals are all exactly geometrically aligned with vortex points, which can be proven mathematically and is no accident. The elites use their occult knowledge to place cities at certain points along these meridians and vortexes, even in ancient times.

So, every place has a certain vortex and energy field that affects us differently. This sheds light on such mysteries as different experiences.

Some things put together are like oil and water, while others are like french fries and ketchup.

When most dogs encounter most cats out in the open for the first time, they instinctually know that they are on different frequencies and naturally incompatible, so they assume defensive or aggressive postures, esp the dog. This is an example.

Pacsun
Freshman Poster

Post by Pacsun »

Okay, I never said racism didn't exist. I don't know where you guys are getting this from. I said I never experienced racism. Twisting my words isn't going to work on me.

I am going to reply to your posts in a second here.
Pacsun
Freshman Poster

Post by Pacsun »

Winston,

I am not in denial and I never said I could avoid racism. Denying the fact that I haven't experienced racism? Yeah...I never denied racism exists. I have known many people that have faced racism so don't pull that shit on me. Where are you getting the 90% percentile from or are you just pulling this out of thin air?

So you call that racism: someone shows you around town and books you a hotel room and the next day they flake out? How is this racism? I guess you want to play the victim everywhere you feel ostracized.

Are you sure this is racism or were you ashamed that Russian women didn't really want you for a long-term relationship or what? There's more to this than racism. It is preference. I have talked to different kinds of women from Europe, even Russia and none of them call me "black" or "African-American." They say I am a beautiful man or clever man. Race is no issue when I talk to these women, but race is an issue every time you talk to women overseas. I don't get this. I think you are hiding something.

You just need to stop blaming racism for everything and stop being in fear. You are in your 30s? I am 25 and you should know better than this. You talk a big game. No one can critique you and when we do, there's something wrong with us. Everyone is not going to agree with you all of the time.

I have talked to women from the Philippines too and it's the same thing...nothing. No race issue so why is it a race issue with you? That's what I don't understand. You and Ladislav are blowing this out of proportion.

I haven't experience racism so I can't admit I have. What's so hard to understand about this? No, complete strangers have said positive things about me too. I don't watch the Travel Channel and I doubt they make the claim that everywhere on Earth people are friendly. I am not a PC robot like you think I am. I disagree with many things you say, but I can't disagree with you because you're always right. Again, I never said racism doesn't exist. I never said women like me everywhere either. I have been rejected just like everyone else. I will repeat this again, I never said racism doesn't exist and I don't pretend it doesn't. Anyway...I don't believe in karma and all of this superstition stuff. It's idiotic. I am not perfect and I have done some bad things to people and I still have good things happen to me. I guess humans want to make excuses for everything.

Ha, I didn't say blacks never experience racism. Why are you putting words in my mouth? Some people face racism and some don't. Why is this concept so hard to understand, Winston? I was the nerd in school and I was talked about too. I was made fun of, but I changed that by changing my appearance and I gained confidence. Everything changed. Women came up to me and I didn't even have to try. I got more friends and the people that made fun of me began to like me. I knew there was a problem and I solved it.

I am not using "Laws of Attraction," that's you proclaiming this. Haha, I don't think of myself in anyway. The majority of people in America treat me very well. You treat people the way you want to be treated. There's no secret. I am a good person. I have manners, I am polite, always respectful and courteous. Being a good person will trump everything, I believe. Little kids waved at me and started a conversation with me the other day. Happens all of the time. I guess people see something in me?

Here we go again...I sound PC to you because what I am seeing is a lot different than what you see. I am politically correct because you don't think it sounds right or it doesn't fit into your way of thinking. I walk down the street and random people talk to me by saying hi or whatever. I start conversations or vice versa. It just happens man. I stand in the grocery store and an older woman (in her 30's) will start small talk and this happens all of the time, but I am just making this up. I wish I was, but it is my life. I don't like America either and American women do suck, but I know what happens in my life on a daily basis. People are friendly to me and they have always been. If that's PC, I don't know what to tell you. I am sure many men on this site have the same experience and they are still leaving America like I am this year. You have to stop being so close-minded. You seem to like to hear negatives and not the positives. If it is positive, it is untrue. If it is negative, yes! Yes, this is the truth! You know better.

I love your forum, Winston and these posts you made to me is the reason why I barely post on here. The only person that's right is you and everyone else you don't agree with is PC or wrong.
have2fly
Junior Poster

Post by have2fly »

I can say "Why Russian girls don't like Asians". In my opinion, those reasons are:

1. You don't look "Russian". Asian looks associates with weakness or "poor immigrant" stereotypes in Russia (Ukraine). Similar examples exist in every country in the world. Girls are used to seeing only Caucasian type guys around all their life. Russian (Ukrainian) girls also openly admit they are attracted to tall guys! I know that for sure! Many girls prefer a guy being taller than them, but by no means it is a huge issue. Even shorter guys have much more luck in general in Russia-Ukraine.

2. Children. I am Caucasian and I am proud of who I am. Therefore, I don't want my kids to look or feel "Asian". I mean, what's the point? There are plenty of hot European-looking women available all over the world. So if you look Asian - go to Asia :) It is that simple! There is nothing wrong with your looks, but you have to find your place and your girl. For example, who is going to open Bentley or Rolls-Royce dealership in small town in Ohio? Nobody. People will not buy those cars, it is not a proper market size and base. Similar in Russia, chicks don't go for Asians in general, but even so Asians have much bigger chance of getting married in Russia-Ukraine than USA.

3. Media. Just take a look at American movies. Do you see many Asians there? Only Blacks and Whites. I think being black sometimes gives you more advantage with Russian girls in Russia because they have no idea that such a huge percentage of blacks in USA live in poverty, drugs, problems, issues and generally uncultured low-life (trash). Some blacks get educated, smart, make good money - those are the ones Russian girls see in Hollywood movies :) But once they move to America, oh boy. They find out the truth quickly by driving into a ghetto once (or worse - walking into a ghetto "hood").
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

Pacsun,
You might have not said that racism doesn't exist. But you did say many times that it wasn't a problem, implying that it's a problem for only a fringe minority of people.

90 percent is a figure of speech and estimate. Don't get anal with digits. That dodges the issue.

If you admit that racism exists and is an issue for most, then why do you advocate that we "throw racism out the door" and forget about it? What justification is there to do that? Why deny reality?

You are making ad hominem attacks and victim blaming mentality, typical of PC people. Yes the Travel Channels says that everyone is friendly everywhere, on EVERY EPISODE they do. They have to cause they are on TV. Duh. You couldn't figure that out?!

I am not the one claiming that Russians are racist. People who know them very well make this claim.

I do not live in fear. And I do not mind disagreeing with me. But I acknowledge real factors and that race is an issue with most. You simply aren't making sense.

If Filipinas are not racist at all, then how come they are trying to get their skin lighter in order to be treated better in their society? They may not care about your race, but they do know the hierarchy of race in their culture. I am not the one that controls this racial hierarchy, but it exists and I don't deny it like you are.

Again, I do not create racism or make it happen. It's there, and like you I denied it for a long time too.

Why don't you show us some of your photos and then I can gain more insight into who you are? You are open and friendly and have nothing to hide right?

Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

have2fly wrote:I can say "Why Russian girls don't like Asians". In my opinion, those reasons are:

1. You don't look "Russian". Asian looks associates with weakness or "poor immigrant" stereotypes in Russia (Ukraine). Similar examples exist in every country in the world. Girls are used to seeing only Caucasian type guys around all their life. Russian (Ukrainian) girls also openly admit they are attracted to tall guys! I know that for sure! Many girls prefer a guy being taller than them, but by no means it is a huge issue. Even shorter guys have much more luck in general in Russia-Ukraine.

2. Children. I am Caucasian and I am proud of who I am. Therefore, I don't want my kids to look or feel "Asian". I mean, what's the point? There are plenty of hot European-looking women available all over the world. So if you look Asian - go to Asia :) It is that simple! There is nothing wrong with your looks, but you have to find your place and your girl. For example, who is going to open Bentley or Rolls-Royce dealership in small town in Ohio? Nobody. People will not buy those cars, it is not a proper market size and base. Similar in Russia, chicks don't go for Asians in general, but even so Asians have much bigger chance of getting married in Russia-Ukraine than USA.

3. Media. Just take a look at American movies. Do you see many Asians there? Only Blacks and Whites. I think being black sometimes gives you more advantage with Russian girls in Russia because they have no idea that such a huge percentage of blacks in USA live in poverty, drugs, problems, issues and generally uncultured low-life (trash). Some blacks get educated, smart, make good money - those are the ones Russian girls see in Hollywood movies :) But once they move to America, oh boy. They find out the truth quickly by driving into a ghetto once (or worse - walking into a ghetto "hood").
Then you should tell Pacsun that the problem is not in my head or attitude. It is real. I do not hallucinate shit that isn't there.

More white women are attracted to blacks than asians it seems.

Like I said before, the problem in Asia is that my personality doesn't fit there. I am not narrow, nerdy, practical or left brained. I am more into holistic things, intellectual interests, philosophy, etc. Aussie and New Zealander girls are a better personality match for me, but they also are not attracted to Asian men shorter than them. Hence the dilemma. My personality is more compatible with Euro/Aussie new age holistic types, but my looks don't appeal to them and their taste. But my personality isn't compatible in Asia in general, for these reasons:
http://www.happierabroad.com/Winston_vs_Taiwanese.pdf

So what can I do? I'm caught in the middle. You see how it's more complicated than you think?

That's why I do well in nonjudgmental countries like the Philippines where girls are not that picky as long as you are nice and decent.

Most Asians do not like me when they find out more about me and my unconventional intellectual views. That makes them avoid me for some reason. Alternative people have a different consciousness. They have a kindred spirit with each other, but with mainstream materialistic types, they don't, but get dirty looks sometimes for no reason. People instinctually know if you're different, just like dogs and cats know upon first encounter that they are not naturally compatible.

Is it true that the Russians in the eastern half of the country like Asians better?

Pacsun
Freshman Poster

Post by Pacsun »

http://tinyurl.com/2bl749o

Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall and I don't have time for your garbage. There's my MySpace profile and I have a billion pictures on it. That's all I need to show you. I have nothing else to say to you. You don't understand anything. You keep putting words in my mouth saying I said racism doesn't exist. Stop saying that shit. Stop saying I am denying racism. I think you have reading comprehension issues or you don't want to admit that some people don't experience things that you have in America. I have been talking to this older woman and she gave me her phone number today and I didn't even ask. She is white. I don't even try anymore because they just give me their numbers. I will continue to live my life like I have always done and I will let you continue to play the victim.

How are you going to tell how I am by looking at photos? You are a piece of work. Anyway, I am done with this. No sense of arguing with you. You keep saying I said this and that and I haven't.

Oh yeah, I have a webcam to prove it's me in those pictures. I didn't want to post my profile, but you had to go there.