Weird insect plague

Discuss nature, animals, wildlife and ecological issues. Share your nature photography and videos. Talk about hiking, camping and exploring national parks.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Weird insect plague

Post by Cornfed »

I am living in a place where, every now and then, there is a plague of various insects or animals. Right now there is a strange plague of praying mantises. I wouldn't have thought they were a plague insect, and unlike with other plague animals, I don't instinctively want to kill them. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Weird insect plague

Post by Tsar »

Cornfed wrote:
April 6th, 2021, 5:31 pm
I am living in a place where, every now and then, there is a plague of various insects or animals. Right now there is a strange plague of praying mantises. I wouldn't have thought they were a plague insect, and unlike with other plague animals, I don't instinctively want to kill them. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something.
Every female praying mantis lays hundreds of eggs. If most hatch that is why you're seeing so many.

It is actually a good sign to see so many because it means they environment was healthy enough for them.

Amphibians and insects are some of the best indicators for environmental health. See too few or if the trend is that their populations are decreasing, then it is a very bad sign.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Decu
Freshman Poster

Re: Weird insect plague

Post by Decu »

Tsar wrote:
April 7th, 2021, 1:27 am
Cornfed wrote:
April 6th, 2021, 5:31 pm
Every female praying mantis lays hundreds of eggs. If most hatch that is why you're seeing so many.

It is actually a good sign to see so many because it means they environment was healthy enough for them.

Amphibians and insects are some of the best indicators for environmental health. See too few or if the trend is that their populations are decreasing, then it is a very bad sign. In case you are afraid of say mice better go get this thing. My personal recommendation :)
Never thought that such plagues were a good sign. Thanks for the idea :)