Any one been to Columbia Latley?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
florida johny
Freshman Poster

Any one been to Columbia Latley?

Post by florida johny »

A guy I know from Florida went earlier this year to Medellin and really liked it. He is better at picking up women than I am and is very streetwise.
He is going to go again in November. I may go with him.
I have read on the internet how crime is way down from what it was 9 years ago in Medellin. However guys on you tube have pros and cons travel videos about it.
Some portray it as still fairly dangerous. For example 2 people on a motorcycle will drive up to a tourist in broad daylight and point gun at him and rob him and drive away.
Also you have to be careful about a drug they put in your drink to rob you. The US gov has it on a level 3 reconsider travel alert because of crime.

However a woman friend of mine visits he Parents in Peru witch has a level 4 don't travel at all alert and she is ok.

Do any of you guys have recent experience with traveling to Medellin or Colombia in General?

When i travel to Costa Rica I do not walk at night in the Capital. I do not wear expensive clothing just walking around. I wear colors like dark blue and grey and don't wear bling.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Re: Any one been to Colombia Latley?

Post by OTB »

What's up man! Don't listen to the media and what the US government rates its level of crime. All they're doing is misleading you and trying to pump you with fear. The US has no room to talk about how dangerous any other country is. We have our own that is a MAJOR problem and needs to be cleaned up. I'm possibly moving there in September. This will be my fourth time there and I can tell you I've never felt unsafe in Colombia. Use common sense and you'll be fine. If you have any other questions my email is kgr1204@hotmail.com.