Latin women not wife material?

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Latin women not wife material?

Post by OTB »

What's up guys? I need to get this off my mind and just looking to get some feedback on the topic.

This has been on my mind for months now but Latin women just do not strike me as wife material. I'm not trying to make a generalization here but the only ones that strike me as wife material are Mexican women. The majority of Latin women I see seem too slutty and common for me.

I joined LatinAmericanCupid a couple of months ago and all the women seem so slutty and runned down. They lack education. They ALWAYS have kids. You also see this all the time with Hispanic women in the States. It seems like most of the women on that site try to sell they're beauty or their sluttiness. But I see right through them.

Now, I speak Spanish, I've spent more time in Latin America than any other region in the world, and I enjoy learning about Latin American history, culture, etc. So I've always felt that maybe Latin America is my best choice to find a wife. Latinos always think I'm Latino. Especially when I speak Spanish. I enjoy mingling with Latin women and I always get signs of interest from them. However they have been turning me off lately. I've always felt that Asian women might be a better fit for my personality. I guess I hold on to the thought of being with a Latina because I feel like they fit me due to the reasons I mentioned previously; speaking Spanish, etc. But I think Asian women have the wholesome femininity, intelligence, and class that attracts me.

Do you understand where I'm coming from? Does anyone else see Latin women as no better than American women? Mexican women being the exception.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

Man, I don't know. I haven't had any bad experiences in Latin America, but then again, I'm not as traveled as most in here. I don't know if it is legit or if it is just guys that are extra picky or cockblocking.

My whole thing is just get with who you feel comfortable with. But don't close your options down until yhou at least get a much more broader sampling of data.

I am on the fence right now because I have not been to Asia or Eastern Europe. But I can't complain about South America too much.

Maybe in 5 years or so I can give you a better answer, though.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

Rocky Top, thanks for the input. Thus far I can't complain either with Latin women but I'm thinking twice about making one my wife. Even Grunt said in one post, Latin women make good girlfriends but horrible wives. That was his view on Latin women.

It's just certain things about them that make me skeptical about marrying one. If I do, she'll be Mexican.
All_That_Is_Man
Junior Poster

Post by All_That_Is_Man »

OTB wrote:...slutty and runned down. They lack education. They ALWAYS have kids. You also see this all the time with Hispanic women in the States. It seems like most of the women on that site try to sell they're beauty or their sluttiness...
I've actually noticed a lot of this from Hispanic women in the U.S., and especially on dating sites! Thankfully these are only exceptions in the Latin community and not the majority! I just avoid such nasty bitches because I can't help but think of the Arturo Gatti case. If these Latin women look like slutty, run down, uneducated sperm depositories, you can bet that they harbor the mentality of Arturo Gatti's not-so-wife-material Brazilian wife. I mean, just watch this deceptive little bitch.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s25yfQkH ... kiNrsTGDY=[/youtube]
"Manginas grovel. Men travel." - me (04/17/2012)

"I used to be one of those men who believed that men are better than women at everything. Then I stood corrected!
Women are better than men at... getting fat." - me (02/24/2013)

Black women suck at life.
MrPeabody
Experienced Poster

Post by MrPeabody »

If you are a gringo searching on the Internet, they are the only ones you are likely to meet. Latino men tend to be very good at differentiating between bad and good girls and finding the good ones for wives. Gringos tend to be really brain dead in this department. My ex wife from Colombia was a good girl, but things didn't work out for other reasons. She did have qualities of grace and compassion that would be extremely hard to find in an American woman. And she was honest and hard working. It also depends on your personality. For me, I know that the Latin American women fit my personality. My mother was Italian and the cultures have many similarities that make me feel comfortable with them whereas Asian culture is more of an unknown to me. First pick the culture that you understand and fit into and then learn to find a good girl within that culture. This requires a lot of soul searching and honesty.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Great OP. I think we'll probably learn more if we all give specifics. So here are my thoughts, based on what I've encountered in Los Angeles (Mexican, Peruvian, Colombian... some bilingual, some speaking Spanish only). I look forward to seeing other opinions.

GOOD THINGS ABOUT A LATIN GF
--Enjoy dressing sexy (some men might not like this, I do)
--Grooming, hair, nails
--Fun
--Love a party
--Proud to act as hostess for your friends
--Low maintenance
--Happy to hook your buddies up

GOOD THINGS ABOUT LATINA WIVES
--Take pride in cooking for their man.
--Keep a very clean house
--Very economical and look for bargains
--Trustworthy with money
--Very caring mothers
--Will treat your existing kids well
--Will respect your mother and work hard to earn her respect
--Like to do little side businesses

GOOD THINGS ABOUT LATINAS BOTH AS GF'S AND WIVES
--Not jealous of other women dressing sexy and you looking
--Sex is available even after a fight.

BAD THINGS ABOUT LATINA GF'S
--Think it's okay to dance with other men
--Think it's cute to give their opinion
--Very hard to break up with
--Not capable of fine dining
--Think it's correct to beat up your other gf

BAD THINGS ABOUT LATINA WIVES
--Expect to drag you to every birthday, holiday, quincinera, etc for every cousin they have, which is a lot
--Spoil their kids
--Cook fattening food
--Never stay thin
--Think that cheaper is always better
--Have no idea what organic or healthy food is
--Go to the doctor for everything
--Try to involve you in little side businesses

BAD THINGS ABOUT LATINAS BOTH AS GF'S AND WIVES
--Talk too much
--Talk too much in front of your friends
--Drink
--Drink beer
--No intellectual curiosity
--No cultural interest other than pop culture
--See nothing wrong with lying to save face
--Sniff around for clues and see everything
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Jester I don't find many of the things you mentioned negative.

Healthy eating habits are taught and learned. In America most minority groups save for Asian have poor eating habits. This is by design, if you dating a 2nd or 3rd generation Latina its likely they have an idea of healthy eating habits, especially in places like California and Florida.

They do drag you to family events because unlike many Americans who tend to live far from extended family, immigrant families don't have this problem and celebrate all events together, this is a POSITIVE.

I like parties, I am a DJ after all and love to dance so this is positive for me actually. If you have no soul and have two left feet, I can see this being an issue.

They do tend to gain weight because being thin isn't as important as it is in Caucasian culture. It also depends on the country. Brazil is much more concerned about being thin and so is Argentina, no accident both have strong European influence.

Latinas do tend to have children early because its not as advance economy as we have with Western women often making the choice to delay marriage and children until their late 20's, early 30's and I have often detailed the problem with delaying those when you're most attractive years are between 16 and 25...

Also most of these countries are deeply Catholic, so birth control? You must be joking...

Again I don't see these as negatives, its about understanding the culture.
Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Yes. This may simply come down to selection bias.
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
Billy
Experienced Poster

Post by Billy »

Jester, you did a great comparison. I think specially dancing merengue and bachatta is very dangerous :) but it spices the relationship and best or destroys it :)

suavemente.....besame ....;-)
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

@Jester

Nice break down between girlfriends and wives Jester. I see you've had your share of experiences with the Latinas. You pointed out a few negatives that turn me off about them.

1. No intellectual curiosity
2. No cultural interest other than pop culture

However, one thing I do like about them, from my observations in Latin America, is that they don't drink and smoke. I rarely, if ever, saw this while in the DR, Mexico, or Colombia.
OTB
Freshman Poster

Post by OTB »

@Mr Peabody
First pick the culture that you understand and fit into and then learn to find a good girl within that culture. This requires a lot of soul searching and honesty.
Excellent advice my friend. This makes the process of finding a girl/wife you're compatible and satisfied with much easier. [/quote]
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Thanks for your insights and opinions OTB.

Plenty of Latinas are excellent wife material. Many also are not. Same goes for women from every single country in the world.
I joined LatinAmericanCupid a couple of months ago and all the women seem so slutty and runned down.
If you are a gringo searching on the Internet, they are the only ones you are likely to meet. Latino men tend to be very good at differentiating between bad and good girls and finding the good ones for wives. Gringos tend to be really brain dead in this department.
That's because you do not look for women on the Internet. As they say, good girls don't look for guys on the Internet. Plus, I never go for the ones that look like models or actresses (i.e., slutty-looking). I always like the plain-looking indigenous ones the best. They are some of the gentlest and most kind-hearted ladies on this planet. Sure, maybe some American men will make fun of these women, but they make the best long-term girlfriends and wives. (Below, K'iche girls from Guatemala.)

I've always felt that Asian women might be a better fit for my personality. I guess I hold on to the thought of being with a Latina because I feel like they fit me due to the reasons I mentioned previously; speaking Spanish, etc. But I think Asian women have the wholesome femininity, intelligence, and class that attracts me.
Same with me, except flip "Latina" and "Asian" around.

1. No intellectual curiosity
2. No cultural interest other than pop culture
There are many, many people all around the world like that. Winston has said exactly the same thing about Filipinas. But plenty of Mexican women I know (including my girlfriend) are very intellectually curious and have wide cultural interests if you bring up those topics to them.

Where were you in Mexico most of the time, other than Guadalajara and Mexico City? You most likely had urban, middle-class, and possibly bratty Latinas in mind. As for me, I tend to stay clear of areas with lots of gringos and other foreign tourists, and spend a lot of time in smaller towns and rural areas.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Falcon you should have an easier to find a woman (I know you have one) than most because your looks standards are quite low it has to be said. Its not even the lack of makeup because I am no a huge fan of makeup to start with, its suppose to enhance appearance not hide flaws (even though it can be used for that).

You're correct that intellectual curiosity is directly related to education. Seriously though if you want high IQ women go to Russia.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

djfourmoney wrote:Falcon you should have an easier to find a woman (I know you have one) than most because your looks standards are quite low it has to be said. Its not even the lack of makeup because I am no a huge fan of makeup to start with, its suppose to enhance appearance not hide flaws (even though it can be used for that).

You're correct that intellectual curiosity is directly related to education. Seriously though if you want high IQ women go to Russia.

how is his looks standards low?Thats how a lot of men get in trouble is when they marry the slutty looking chick with the fat ass and big tits especially if you are bringing her to the states.You f**k and dump the dingy slutty women or pay to f**k and chuck them and then marry the plain jane and start a family with her. i had to learn the hard way.And i don't think a lot of us could be a model GQ magazine either.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

skateboardstephen wrote:how is his looks standards low?Thats how a lot of men get in trouble is when they marry the slutty looking chick with the fat ass and big tits especially if you are bringing her to the states.You f**k and dump the dingy slutty women or pay to f**k and chuck them and then marry the plain jane and start a family with her. i had to learn the hard way.And i don't think a lot of us could be a model GQ magazine either.
Haha. :D Rather than focusing only on looks, focus on character more.

Which one of the following two types would you choose? If you are not a superficial person, this should be a no-brainer.

Type #1

Type #2

viewtopic.php?t=13368
viewtopic.php?t=9039

I'd pick Type #1 in a heartbeat.

If you think Latinas are not wife material, then you are thinking about Type #2.

As for intellectual curiosity, Type #1 will actually often have more of that than Type #2, because they usually know that knowledge and education should never be taken for granted. Trust me. They might not know very much academics-wise, but they can be more open-minded to learning.
Last edited by Falcon on April 21st, 2012, 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.