Brazil Travel/Tourist Visa Question

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Brazil Travel/Tourist Visa Question

Post by Rocky Top »

I'm about 4 - 4 1/2 hours away from ATL, which is the nearest Brazilian Embassy or Consulate to me and I will not be able to go down there anytime between now and the end of the year to do all of the visa application nonsense.

1. Is there a (reliable) way to do this without physically having to go to ATL? Travel agencies I can work thru? I have seen some stuff online, but I want to make sure I'm going to some place reputable.

2. Do I need to already have a trip bought & paid for before I apply?

Any suggestions on how to get a multi entry visa would be great.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

You might want to check on the Brazil embassy website to see if the offer a way to apply for the visa electronically although you might have to mail your passport. But best recommendation is to check their website.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

Oh, I've been on their site several times and also been to other sites that offer fast visas. The Brazillian embassy site only seems to offer 1 year visas and you have to have a pre-paid trip already. But there are other places that offer 5-10 year multi entry visas.

There's just a lot of conflicting information out there.
pete98146
Experienced Poster

Post by pete98146 »

When I used to go down to Rio, I always booked thru Brol.com. They did all the visa paperwork for me. Believe I had to fill out a form that was emailed to me and I faxed it back. It's been 10 years since I've been down there but they always provided excellent service.

Here's the link...

http://www.brol.com/
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

THIS ONE IS RIGHT UP MY ALLEY SINCE I JUST WENT TO NEW YORK TODAY AND GOT MY VISA! yeah you have to actually be there unfortunately.I know a lot of info on other things about Brazil like getting your RNE card in Brazil and registering a marriage there.just hit me up.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

***JP*** wrote:You might want to check on the Brazil embassy website to see if the offer a way to apply for the visa electronically although you might have to mail your passport. But best recommendation is to check their website.
Negative.you can not mail a passport to the Brazilian consulate.What you can do is go to the embassy and fill out the paperwork and hand in your passport and have a third party pick it up for you($20 fee) and mail you the passport but they have to have the ticket that the embassy gives you after you make the request.And that you have to guard with your life so you are taking a huge risk sending that stuff through the mail.One is better off getting on the grey hound or the mega bus is really cheap, amtrack and go there yourself.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

skateboardstephen wrote:
***JP*** wrote:You might want to check on the Brazil embassy website to see if the offer a way to apply for the visa electronically although you might have to mail your passport. But best recommendation is to check their website.
Negative.you can not mail a passport to the Brazilian consulate.What you can do is go to the embassy and fill out the paperwork and hand in your passport and have a third party pick it up for you($20 fee) and mail you the passport but they have to have the ticket that the embassy gives you after you make the request.And that you have to guard with your life so you are taking a huge risk sending that stuff through the mail.One is better off getting on the grey hound or the mega bus is really cheap, amtrack and go there yourself.
Well some countries do require you to send your passport to their embassies especially if you don't live in a state where there's no consulates. Also some countries put the visa in a whole empty passport page I guess it differs from country to country on their visa procedures.
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

***JP*** wrote:
skateboardstephen wrote:
Well some countries do require you to send your passport to their embassies especially if you don't live in a state where there's no consulates. Also some countries put the visa in a whole empty passport page I guess it differs from country to country on their visa procedures.
What other countries do you need a visa for?Correct me if i am wrong but last i checked Americans only needed a visa to go to Brazil or Tunisia.The Brazilian consulate puts a visa in an empty passport page also you just have to be there in person and a third party can pick it up if you can't make it back for some reason and you know some who lives there.I am the primary one to ask about Brazilian bureaucracy since i seem to be the only one on the forum(correct me if i am wrong) going through it right now.But like dJ4money said this info probably wont go past this forum ha ha ha
***JP***
Freshman Poster

Post by ***JP*** »

skateboardstephen wrote:
***JP*** wrote:
skateboardstephen wrote:
What other countries do you need a visa for?Correct me if i am wrong but last i checked Americans only needed a visa to go to Brazil or Tunisia.The Brazilian consulate puts a visa in an empty passport page also you just have to be there in person and a third party can pick it up if you can't make it back for some reason and you know some who lives there.I am the primary one to ask about Brazilian bureaucracy since i seem to be the only one on the forum(correct me if i am wrong) going through it right now.But like dJ4money said this info probably wont go past this forum ha ha ha

Here's a list of countries that require US citizens to get a visa to visit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visa_requi ... s_citizens

Not all countries let americans visit without a visa.
aozora13
Freshman Poster

Post by aozora13 »

Australia too. I had to get one before I arrived. It was electronic though.
Rocky Top
Freshman Poster

Post by Rocky Top »

skateboardstephen wrote:THIS ONE IS RIGHT UP MY ALLEY SINCE I JUST WENT TO NEW YORK TODAY AND GOT MY VISA! yeah you have to actually be there unfortunately.I know a lot of info on other things about Brazil like getting your RNE card in Brazil and registering a marriage there.just hit me up.
Seems like each consulate in the US has slightly different rules. The consulates in Washington DC or NYC may be different than the ones in ATL or any where else. Just a bunch of confusion. I called the ATL consulate this week and previous times before to try to speak with someone, but all I've gotten is an automated message and no options to speak with an operator.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

Rocky Top wrote:
skateboardstephen wrote:THIS ONE IS RIGHT UP MY ALLEY SINCE I JUST WENT TO NEW YORK TODAY AND GOT MY VISA! yeah you have to actually be there unfortunately.I know a lot of info on other things about Brazil like getting your RNE card in Brazil and registering a marriage there.just hit me up.
Seems like each consulate in the US has slightly different rules. The consulates in Washington DC or NYC may be different than the ones in ATL or any where else. Just a bunch of confusion. I called the ATL consulate this week and previous times before to try to speak with someone, but all I've gotten is an automated message and no options to speak with an operator.
NYC, the gringo part of Texas (i.e. the part of Texas that is east of I-35 including Austin and Waco), and Gay T.L. (ATL) have the worst customer service in the the U.S. of Gay due to the advent of government and local office workers whom are shiftless, ghetto-a*ss people whom are deliberately put in place to keep homeless and impoverished people from becoming resilient. Most of them, sorry to say, are Black American and sometimes Latino Americans (not Latin Americans - big cultural differences as stated a 1,001 times before on this forum!!).
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Rocky Top wrote:
Yeah you are not going to get through to anyone.You have to gather your info,passport,and the $160 postal money order.Take that trip to the ATL you are not that far.Check out the website for the ATL consulate. Fill out the form for the visa request and get a passport style pic 2x2 stick that to the visa request form.You will more than likely only have a small time window to turn it in so get there early.