Dating scene in Colombia

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
mguy
Junior Poster

Post by mguy »

Go for it. Regardless of the girls, you will have a good time -- at least that is guaranteed!
"So never refuse an invitation, never resist the unfamiliar, never fail to be polite and never outstay the welcome. Just keep your mind open and suck in the experience. And if it hurts, you know what? It's probably worth it."

Like to read?Third World Hero
Like to see?3WorldHero -- Did he really just do that?

Adama
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Adama »

Repatriate wrote:
Adama wrote:
Billy wrote:interesting. this is one of the few anti-colombian opinions. it´s valuable as it´s a guy from the country.

so should i cancel my plans for colombia. i am 40 years old and turkish so is it worth? as i am into dance i thought that country should be quite ok. though the criminality rate sounds not so well.
A lot of these guys are just talking out of their as ses. Take it with a huge grain of salt. It's like someone saying they know you're gonna fail before you even get there. Half of those naysayers have never even been to the place, yet they make prophetic pronouncements. F-ck them.
I agree with this. Also, it helps to ignore people who haven't experienced it directly as your ethnicity. For example there's no way in hell a guy who's not your ethnicity is going to know what the experiences of a man of a different ethnicity is in some area of the world. They may have a rough idea based on things they have heard or seen but the experience itself could be much different. There's too many individual variables. Plus a lot of guys are tools and want to rag or cockblock men of another race. This thing is really common in rooshv and a couple global dating forums i've seen.
I think so too. For example. If a person from Costa Rica hated Asians, it is not unlikely that they'd come to this forum and say, "Dont ever go to Costa Rica. They simply hate Asians there."

Another example is an Asian guy who has been to Costa Rica for two weeks, sees only Indian guys picking up women there, and decides that Costa Rica is simply impossible for Asians.

Meanwhile a different Asian guy, who has been there off and on 8 to 10 times, could have children by a couple of different decent looking, lower middle class to middle class women there.

That's what I mean. Everyone is like an expert all of a sudden.

Reminds me on another forum where this guy came on acting like he was an expert on Colombian women. Each time in his post, he spelled Colombian/Colombia with a "u."
A good man is above pettiness. He is better than that.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

My 2 cents based on my experience. The OP isn't trying to scare anybody off, he is telling the truth when he states that the average Colombian woman's aesthetical canons are all about European looks, which means: height > 1.70 cm, white skin, light eyes and hair, more slender body, and a sense of fashion that is not a bad copy of the US one. He is also telling the truth about Colombian young men who look too "native" not being considered exotic and easily snubbed. Colombians from areas far from the Caribbean coast and Choco are indeed racist towards dark skinned people, regardless of whether they're born and bred in Colombia or foreigners. Nothing new under the sun.

As a European (Caucasian) reading his post, I would actually get excited about what I could do in Colombia, not concerned! Perhaps that wasn't his original intention, but the way I read it is "dudes, Colombia is pretty much toast for us plain native looking guys with not so much money and status, but you white Europeans can enjoy a different treatment...so please don't come" :)
Repatriate
Veteran Poster

Post by Repatriate »

publicduende wrote:My 2 cents based on my experience. The OP isn't trying to scare anybody off, he is telling the truth when he states that the average Colombian woman's aesthetical canons are all about European looks, which means: height > 1.70 cm, white skin, light eyes and hair, more slender body, and a sense of fashion that is not a bad copy of the US one. He is also telling the truth about Colombian young men who look too "native" not being considered exotic and easily snubbed. Colombians from areas far from the Caribbean coast and Choco are indeed racist towards dark skinned people, regardless of whether they're born and bred in Colombia or foreigners. Nothing new under the sun.
The tall european look with regressive traits is desirable pretty much anywhere in the world. I don't think that's the issue. It's when people frame it as you won't have a chance at all if you don't fit that type. I don't think that's what he was saying really but like I said before just because girls have a certain preference for a look doesn't mean it's a total bust for everyone else who doesn't fit this profile. That's silly and not at all the truth based on the trip reports i've read from guys who range from asian to indian to black in looks. Will it be considerably harder for a black dude ? Maybe. But as i've said before individual traits can overcome racial disadvantage. From what I understand Mguy is a filipino who looks latino so Colombia for him was a neutral experience with no gringo effect.

Plus I was talking more about obvious asian looking guys who afaik and have read so far don't have issues in Colombia with this.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Adama wrote:
A lot of these guys are just talking out of their as ses. Take it with a huge grain of salt. It's like someone saying they know you're gonna fail before you even get there. Half of those naysayers have never even been to the place, yet they make prophetic pronouncements. F-ck them.
+1
ssjparris
Junior Poster

Post by ssjparris »

Okay I for one agree with Adama. I am tired of this stuff about other countries are going to be difficult for me or others.

It depends on your skin color. Believe it or not. The poster is also dissuading black guys from going because we have it made with women in colombia. Also asians do well in south america and mexico too.

I have experience online with colombian women. At a website I got 80 messeges and 20 friend requests from colombian women. They new I was black. So my best thing to say to anyone just go to colombia to see for yourself.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

Sigh....

Beta males always have issues with women, you need to have fortitude to put them in their place, that's what they want. You are too accommodating to them.

What's different about Austin, Texas? Besides it being largely a liberal college town and state capital, how are the women better????

Look, if you're shy, squamish, introverted, whatever, Asian women are likely the best thing for you. If your American, White and Beta, Latin America will work for you as well.

You have plenty of choices.

To attack any middle class women in any country you better have your shit together. I don't mean rich, you come from a middle class background likely yourself. When your in another country, you better live like a upper middle class local to date middle class women. By being American or Europeans they will believe your rich, there's no way to avoid that.

Now if you're not interested in that at all, go get a dark skin girl out of the rural areas.

C'mon you'll need to match at least what the Upper Middle Class men in that country have. Don't be frumpy and fat, I can't keep saying this and it not getting through.

As an American or European you already have status.

Just remember you can not expect a woman ANYWHERE to drop below whatever her current lifestyle is, it just won't happen its unacceptable.

Take what you make and go look at the CIA factbook, if you make more than the average person or family in that country, then that's a place to target.
djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

publicduende wrote:My 2 cents based on my experience. The OP isn't trying to scare anybody off, he is telling the truth when he states that the average Colombian woman's aesthetical canons are all about European looks, which means: height > 1.70 cm, white skin, light eyes and hair, more slender body, and a sense of fashion that is not a bad copy of the US one. He is also telling the truth about Colombian young men who look too "native" not being considered exotic and easily snubbed. Colombians from areas far from the Caribbean coast and Choco are indeed racist towards dark skinned people, regardless of whether they're born and bred in Colombia or foreigners. Nothing new under the sun.

As a European (Caucasian) reading his post, I would actually get excited about what I could do in Colombia, not concerned! Perhaps that wasn't his original intention, but the way I read it is "dudes, Colombia is pretty much toast for us plain native looking guys with not so much money and status, but you white Europeans can enjoy a different treatment...so please don't come" :)
I understand the race issue in Latin America, but honestly. There is always ONE woman that is attractive and doesn't fit that stereotype and she is usually not that hard to find.

Just put yourself out there, use the web, meet women locally. Meeting women here or there as if that worked in America or Europe is not going to work for you in most countries including if your White.

Latin men are fairly aggressive with women, we are taught that's not the proper approach with American women we're not talking about American women here...
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Repatriate wrote:
The tall european look with regressive traits is desirable pretty much anywhere in the world. I don't think that's the issue. It's when people frame it as you won't have a chance at all if you don't fit that type. I don't think that's what he was saying really but like I said before just because girls have a certain preference for a look doesn't mean it's a total bust for everyone else who doesn't fit this profile. That's silly and not at all the truth based on the trip reports i've read from guys who range from asian to indian to black in looks. Will it be considerably harder for a black dude ? Maybe. But as i've said before individual traits can overcome racial disadvantage. From what I understand Mguy is a filipino who looks latino so Colombia for him was a neutral experience with no gringo effect.

Plus I was talking more about obvious asian looking guys who afaik and have read so far don't have issues in Colombia with this.
Yes, agree. To sum it up concisely, the plain and simple fact is as follows: it's only Colombians from non-coastal areas (Bogota, Medellin and perhaps Cali, to clarify) who look down on dark skinned people, the gamut being from native "Muiscos" looking people to black Caribbean people. Colombia is a huge country though, so paying a trip to Cartagena, Barranquilla or Santa Marta may give very different results. In fact my wife and her friends, basically everybody told me blacks and dark skinned people are loved in those northern coastal areas. Of course the percentage of girls being exactly like that, darker if not black skin, is higher there, too.

It really is that simple. No writing off Colombia yet for you international daters.
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

djfourmoney wrote:

I understand the race issue in Latin America, but honestly. There is always ONE woman that is attractive and doesn't fit that stereotype and she is usually not that hard to find.

Just put yourself out there, use the web, meet women locally. Meeting women here or there as if that worked in America or Europe is not going to work for you in most countries including if your White.

Latin men are fairly aggressive with women, we are taught that's not the proper approach with American women we're not talking about American women here...
Well said!!!!!

This thread is silly. I have met some brothas here in the US with some ULTRA HOT Colombian women. Those women are not that much different than Central and South American women. Many would not date an American black man, but many will in a heartbeat!!! Like Djfourmoney said though, no woman is going to take a hit in standard of living regardless of where they are from. That's serious real talk right there.
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

djfourmoney wrote:

Haha, true.

Black men routinely go to Columbia and get light or brown skinned women and some even get married to Columbian women.

Plus, on the upside, it is more acceptable to approach women over there than in America.

The best time to get women in Austin, is in college. Outside of that you better have money and social connections.

If you're black, just get your passport and go to that country.

One black dude was told that if he went to Japan that he would suffer from a lot of lonliness.....he went there and banged chick after chick after chick.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

You just have to wish one of them is interested in black/Indian/Asian men. No more.

djfourmoney
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by djfourmoney »

I can't seem to find the pictures now but there's plenty of proof Black Men can be successful in Colombia.

This is utter nonsense and one of the reasons I started my blog. Coming Soon!
SilverEnergy
Junior Poster

Post by SilverEnergy »

I was on a Columbian marriage agency website and there were a few black men who had found wives in Columbia.

They were well dressed black men.
"Allow me to show you the Power Cosmic!" - Silver Surfer
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

SilverEnergy wrote:I was on a Columbian marriage agency website and there were a few black men who had found wives in Columbia.

They were well dressed black men.
Any well dressed and successful black man can pretty much get whatever he wants really. All they have to do is make a plan and try. There are not very many of us, so that makes it all the more exotic. I got so many looks and flirtatious attention from many women of all colors too when I went to NYC dressed up in my suit. Then after a week I realized that I did not see many black guys dressed up like me over there walking around. I had no idea it was going to be like that...I guess I was expecting another Atlanta but maybe with a larger number of professional black men, but I was wrong.