Need advice about this chick from Panama

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

I met a girl (not very pretty) in peru two years ago, and she really wanted to exchange email addresses. So we exchanged. We've emailed back and forth, but she is awfuuuuuuuul about responding. She will go so long. I'm used to American girls who, if not interested, will just never respond. Obviously since we were only together for a couple hours in Peru, we don't have a solid connection. In general though, I think it's cultural, which is why I like Latin America. The people there are not totally chained to computers and internet. As such, there is still a good social atmosphere. Let's hope that never changes.

Even with Mexican immigrant friends in the US, they will regularly check their email, but will NEVER respond to emails I send them. I'll see them in person and ask them if they got my email, and they'll say yes, and we'll just talk about the subject in person, but never on email.

With women though, there is a good saying in Spanish: Amor de lejos, amor de pendejos. So true. I personally lose my motivation when I have to maintain something long-distance. I think any relationship will fizzle over time unless you are physically present.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

rudder wrote:With women though, there is a good saying in Spanish: Amor de lejos, amor de pendejos.
"Love from afar, love of assholes"? Do I have the translation right??
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

Hero wrote:
rudder wrote:With women though, there is a good saying in Spanish: Amor de lejos, amor de pendejos.
You can`t translate Spanish word for word.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
skateboardstephen
Junior Poster

Post by skateboardstephen »

rudder wrote:I met a girl (not very pretty) in peru two years ago, and she really wanted to exchange email addresses. So we exchanged. We've emailed back and forth, but she is awfuuuuuuuul about responding. She will go so long. I'm used to American girls who, if not interested, will just never respond. Obviously since we were only together for a couple hours in Peru, we don't have a solid connection. In general though, I think it's cultural, which is why I like Latin America. The people there are not totally chained to computers and internet. As such, there is still a good social atmosphere. Let's hope that never changes.

Even with Mexican immigrant friends in the US, they will regularly check their email, but will NEVER respond to emails I send them. I'll see them in person and ask them if they got my email, and they'll say yes, and we'll just talk about the subject in person, but never on email.

With women though, there is a good saying in Spanish: Amor de lejos, amor de pendejos. So true. I personally lose my motivation when I have to maintain something long-distance. I think any relationship will fizzle over time unless you are physically present.
In Brazil people are starting to use the internet a lot more...the only reasons these other countries don`t use it as much as Americans is because they can`t afford these fancy electronics but this is changing fast in Brazil..now even people in the Favela have internet and smartphones...as for long distance relationships..they can work out.I am living proof.I maintained a relationship though skype for a year with my wife.If a women wants you bad enough she will do what she has to do..my wife`s sister had a long distance relationship with a guy in Rio..and we in Salvador.She even went to see him first.
se eu soubesse o que eu sei hoje, teria mando mulheres americanas para foder-se há muitos anos.que deus abençoe o brasil!
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

My Panamanian friend just asked me to come to Panama and marry her. Either she's crazy or she has a really weird sense of humor.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

Hero wrote:
Pendejo has different meanings depending on the country. In Mexico it means something like idiot or fool. In Peru however it is used to describe a guy who is a player/womanizer (mujeriego in normal Spanish).
kai1275
Experienced Poster

Post by kai1275 »

chibolo wrote:
Hero wrote:
Pendejo has different meanings depending on the country. In Mexico it means something like idiot or fool. In Peru however it is used to describe a guy who is a player/womanizer (mujeriego in normal Spanish).
Wow. Interesting.
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

Hero wrote:
Pendejo is dumbass. Cabron is asshole.
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

chibolo wrote:
Hero wrote:
In Spain and probably Mexico too, player=ligon. I've never heard the term mujeriego....interesting combo of the word for woman and irrigation.
Enticer
Freshman Poster

Post by Enticer »

My mother is from Panama...the only spanish women i'd date are from Spain. Most true Latin women are very assertive. I love my mother but she is a big mouth, wreckless and often thoughtless person. Her entire family down there are a bunch of cut throat money hungry kooks. Panama? No thanks...
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

skateboardstephen wrote:In Brazil people are starting to use the internet a lot more...the only reasons these other countries don`t use it as much as Americans is because they can`t afford these fancy electronics but this is changing fast in Brazil..now even people in the Favela have internet and smartphones...as for long distance relationships..they can work out.I am living proof.I maintained a relationship though skype for a year with my wife.If a women wants you bad enough she will do what she has to do..my wife`s sister had a long distance relationship with a guy in Rio..and we in Salvador.She even went to see him first.
Were you already married during the skype year?? My assumption is yes, I don't see talking to a new woman for one year on skype.

So, would you say that latin america is ruined now that women have smartphones in their faces all the time?
rudder
Junior Poster

Post by rudder »

Hero wrote:My Panamanian friend just asked me to come to Panama and marry her. Either she's crazy or she has a really weird sense of humor.
Lucky! I wish beautiful women would shower me with this sort of attention.

Forgive me if I missed the details, but is this someone you have met in real life, or just through the internet? Sounds like you better buy a ring and a plane ticket before things turn stale.

Keeping that in mind, how early is too early for internet pipelining before travelling somewhere? Too late and you don't establish much of a relationship at all...too early and things get stale from having to telecommunicate too much.
chibolo
Junior Poster

Post by chibolo »

rudder wrote:
chibolo wrote:
Hero wrote:
In Spain and probably Mexico too, player=ligon. I've never heard the term mujeriego....interesting combo of the word for woman and irrigation.
Never heard the word ligon in Peru. In Peru mujeriego and pendejo= womanizer. Mujeriego is used in other countries too though. http://www.wordreference.com/es/en/tran ... =mujeriego
Hero
Experienced Poster

Post by Hero »

rudder wrote:
Hero wrote:My Panamanian friend just asked me to come to Panama and marry her. Either she's crazy or she has a really weird sense of humor.
Lucky! I wish beautiful women would shower me with this sort of attention.

Forgive me if I missed the details, but is this someone you have met in real life, or just through the internet? Sounds like you better buy a ring and a plane ticket before things turn stale.

Keeping that in mind, how early is too early for internet pipelining before travelling somewhere? Too late and you don't establish much of a relationship at all...too early and things get stale from having to telecommunicate too much.
Just through the internet. My cousin waited a whole year before he actually traveled to China to meet his internet friend. But IMO, that's way too long. I'd say 3-4 months is a good time to wait.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

rudder wrote:
Pendejo is dumbass. Cabron is asshole.
Yeah my gf has never called me "pendejo"

:wink: