Peru: why nothing about Peru? ... and yet ...

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Peru: why nothing about Peru? ... and yet ...

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

yick wrote:
February 19th, 2020, 9:14 pm
Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
February 19th, 2020, 8:33 pm
yick wrote:
February 19th, 2020, 7:40 pm
I was going to say Peru is more of a food destination than a woman destination but that's because the food is so good!
Now that you mention the food, that brings back a lot of memories!

One of my favorite restaurants in the world was a place called Vivaldi in Miraflores. I used to go there once a week and have lomo asado, or lomo saltado. I am sure that place is long closed now, but it was the best. And the "chifa" was the best chinese food, but with a Peruvian twist.

There was also a classy restaurant on the Pacific Ocean called something "de Salta." It was world class. There was a very small little ceviche place in Magdelena that was famous because the then President Alan Garcia used to eat his ceviche there. That became my spot too!

Peru was going thru the Sendero Luminoso and MRTA madness when I was there, so much of my recreation revolved around going out to eat.
Chifa is wonderful - my favourite dish is pollo ajukay (I don't know if I have spelt that right...) the fried chicken with the the sweet sauce and fried rice and of course - with cold Inca Kola - the problem with Chifas though is which one is safe to go in because you can get the proper shits with a lot of them - just like China I suppose :lol: though Gaston Acurio has opened a chain and they're very good - always a queue at lunchtime.

I loved pan con chicharron, tamales, the lucuma ice cream and I know I am going to sound a right one here but I loved the burgers - they know how to make a really good burger - and the fresh bread in the morning! For a few soles you can get a load of 'pan frances'

You were there in some proper rough times, when was it the last time you were in Peru? You plan on visiting again?
I left Peru in 1989. It was an early taste of overseas living that set the tone for the rest of my life. I owe a lot to Peru for that.

Argentina is my country of preference in Latin America. I still have Uruguay and Paraguay as destinations down there before Peru comes back on my radar. If my residence permit for Argentina and Paraguay come thru as planned, I'd have time to visit my old stomping ground to see how much it's changed.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

February 19th, 2020, 9:45 pm
yick wrote:
February 19th, 2020, 9:14 pm
yick wrote:
I was going to say Peru is more of a food destination than a woman destination but that's because the food is so good!

One of my favorite restaurants in the world was a place called Vivaldi in Miraflores. I used to go there once a week and have lomo asado, or lomo saltado. I am sure that place is long closed now, but it was the best. And the "chifa" was the best chinese food, but with a Peruvian twist.

There was also a classy restaurant on the Pacific Ocean called something "de Salta." It was world class. There was a very small little ceviche place in Magdelena that was famous because the then President Alan Garcia used to eat his ceviche there. That became my spot too!

Peru was going thru the Sendero Luminoso and MRTA madness when I was there, so much of my recreation revolved around going out to eat.
Chifa is wonderful - my favourite dish is pollo ajukay (I don't know if I have spelt that right...) the fried chicken with the the sweet sauce and fried rice and of course - with cold Inca Kola - the problem with Chifas though is which one is safe to go in because you can get the proper shits with a lot of them - just like China I suppose :lol: though Gaston Acurio has opened a chain and they're very good - always a queue at lunchtime.

I loved pan con chicharron, tamales, the lucuma ice cream and I know I am going to sound a right one here but I loved the burgers - they know how to make a really good burger - and the fresh bread in the morning! For a few soles you can get a load of 'pan frances'

You were there in some proper rough times, when was it the last time you were in Peru? You plan on visiting again?
I left Peru in 1989. It was an early taste of overseas living that set the tone for the rest of my life. I owe a lot to Peru for that.

Argentina is my country of preference in Latin America. I still have Uruguay and Paraguay as destinations down there before Peru comes back on my radar. If my residence permit for Argentina and Paraguay come thru as planned, I'd have time to visit my old stomping ground to see how much it's changed.
That's interesting - three years residency and you can get citizenship for Argentina, do you fancy putting down roots there and living out your life there? I like it over there to be honest but the last time I was there was around 2005 - I have heard the safety situation has gone downhill a bit but it has got cheaper too! rough and the smooth as always :lol:

Well, Lima has changed a lot since you were last there - loads of construction going on - a massive improvement in the western part of Lima - of course - if you go east of Centro it's still a dive though the new mayor of La Victoria - George 'Ken' Forsyth (the whitest Peruvian ever :lol: ) is cleaning it all up and maybe in a few years time La Victoria will be gentrified which will be interesting - I think you'll like the changes when you see it all. Hopefully, when they open this second metro line then it will ease the traffic congestion.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

yick wrote:
February 19th, 2020, 10:43 pm
That's interesting - three years residency and you can get citizenship for Argentina, do you fancy putting down roots there and living out your life there? I like it over there to be honest but the last time I was there was around 2005 - I have heard the safety situation has gone downhill a bit but it has got cheaper too! rough and the smooth as always :lol:
I just want to add it to my portfolio of residencies so I have long-term choice about where I can spend my winters in the years to come. Argentina and Paraguay especially are easy residencies to obtain. Citizenship is of no interest to me.
yick wrote: George 'Ken' Forsyth (the whitest Peruvian ever :lol: )
Even whiter than Mario Vargas Llosa? Now he must be REALLY white!
:lol:
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

February 19th, 2020, 11:25 pm
yick wrote:
February 19th, 2020, 10:43 pm
I just want to add it to my portfolio of residencies so I have long-term choice about where I can spend my winters in the years to come. Argentina and Paraguay especially are easy residencies to obtain. Citizenship is of no interest to me.
yick wrote: George 'Ken' Forsyth (the whitest Peruvian ever :lol: )
Even whiter than Mario Vargas Llosa? Now he must be REALLY white!
:lol:
This dude is a legitimate white guy... :shock:

E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

MrMan wrote:
February 19th, 2020, 7:08 pm
E Irizarry R&B Singer wrote:
February 18th, 2020, 11:03 pm

Let's not forget how bigoted many of them are. I went to Trujillo, Peru, and I had the worst LatAm experience ever! There was this woman....this woman had a PERFECT BODY....she had a coke-bottle shape to haplessly die for! Think of Bria Myles' shape (not skin tone!) from 10 years ago (she got too "thick" nowadays) mixed with Mya Harrison (she's half Italian half Black American but looks Brazilian mulatta). FINE FINE FINE and I spoke to her in Spanish perfectly and she did NOTHING but IGNORE ME. For a half an hour walking side by side trying to get her to utter a word to me...she wouldn't acknowledge my presence. It was the most soul-destroying thing to have a woman so perfect perfectly ignore you. FInally she got to her destination and I couldn't follow her into the building or chaos would have ensued.
I think most women would want to avoid a man who follows them around if they aren't even acknowledging him. She was probably concerned for her safety. Maybe she doesn't think that just because she's fine, she owes you attention.

Do you have to be introduced to a woman over there before it is considered polite for her to talk to you?
Hey @MrMan, let's get something straight: just because @ContrarianExpatriate unfetteredly handed your a.ss right back to you AND THAT he's done demoralizing you DOESN'T mean I won't do that to you tenfold. You might want to stand down.
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

February 21st, 2020, 3:11 am
MrMan wrote:

Let's not forget how bigoted many of them are. I went to Trujillo, Peru, and I had the worst LatAm experience ever! There was this woman....this woman had a PERFECT BODY....she had a coke-bottle shape to haplessly die for! Think of Bria Myles' shape (not skin tone!) from 10 years ago (she got too "thick" nowadays) mixed with Mya Harrison (she's half Italian half Black American but looks Brazilian mulatta). FINE FINE FINE and I spoke to her in Spanish perfectly and she did NOTHING but IGNORE ME. For a half an hour walking side by side trying to get her to utter a word to me...she wouldn't acknowledge my presence. It was the most soul-destroying thing to have a woman so perfect perfectly ignore you. FInally she got to her destination and I couldn't follow her into the building or chaos would have ensued.
I think most women would want to avoid a man who follows them around if they aren't even acknowledging him. She was probably concerned for her safety. Maybe she doesn't think that just because she's fine, she owes you attention.

Do you have to be introduced to a woman over there before it is considered polite for her to talk to you?
Hey @MrMan, let's get something straight: just because @ContrarianExpatriate unfetteredly handed your a.ss right back to you AND THAT he's done demoralizing you DOESN'T mean I won't do that to you tenfold. You might want to stand down.
:lol: :lol:
I think the guy is 100% exposed as a miserable, blue pilled dupe. He likes to chime in on things he has absolutely no clue about just to disrupt and create drama. Boredom does that. He's also a glutton for punishment because he likes to be slung around like a rag doll only to come back for more and more. I actually placed him on ignore because it was becoming a massacre and he was secretly crying to the mods after not being able to handle my vicious bitebacks on him.

Now that I've taken several painful chunks out of him already :lol: , I just decided to focus on the more intelligent posters on the forum for the sake of more quality discussions. I say let the miserable stay miserable without giving them the drama they so desperately crave. So sad....
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

MrMan wrote:

My my comment wasn't intended to be malicious.

It doesn't take much to be a jerk on the forum. It is no badge of pride, either.

I don't know the culture over there, but a lot of women in the countries I have lived in would not have appreciated someone they didn't even know following them around like that.
Last edited by MrMan on March 3rd, 2020, 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
MrMan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by MrMan »

February 21st, 2020, 10:05 am
MrMan wrote:

:lol: :lol:
I think the guy is 100% exposed as a miserable, blue pilled dupe. He likes to chime in on things he has absolutely no clue about just to disrupt and create drama. Boredom does that. He's also a glutton for punishment because he likes to be slung around like a rag doll only to come back for more and more. I actually placed him on ignore because it was becoming a massacre and he was secretly crying to the mods after not being able to handle my vicious bitebacks on him.

Now that I've taken several painful chunks out of him already :lol: , I just decided to focus on the more intelligent posters on the forum for the sake of more quality discussions. I say let the miserable stay miserable without giving them the drama they so desperately crave. So sad....
Didn't you go whining to the mod on the topic of the girls you pay who date you?

Why don't we act like adults? It doesn't take much intellect or moral virtue to insult other posters or people you know nothing about.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

yick wrote:

The food is the only thing Peru has going on. Other than that, meh I won't return.