Counting my blessings

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Counting my blessings

Post by Cornfed »

It looks like the experiment of living in this particular location that I and a couple of others embarked on will fail. There are various issues. The place is family oriented, There is nothing much for single men to do. we are reliant on the goodwill of locals which may not be indefinitely forthcoming, to get anything done such as getting proper Internet or knowing where the bus stop is you have to know someone who knows someone, which takes time etc.

However there are some very good things about this area. There is no crime to speak of. You can leave your doors unlocked. There is no covaids enforcement nonsense, apart from some dickheads running a convenience store on the edge of town who presumably cater to motorists passing through. Even in the conventional Mexican town closeby the mask nonsense is only enforced inside banks and such. There is no enforcement of victimless "crimes" in general. You can drive an unregistered car without plates and the municipal cops don't care. You can buy a cellphone with no ID or paperwork required. As I said in a video, in a SHTF scenario I think these people would have a better than average chance of defending themselves. And a large percentage of them are good people.

I don't know what the answer is. Maybe I will go to some more expat friendly area, get myself sorted out, and when things in the wider world deteriorate even further, come back here.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: Counting my blessings

Post by Tsar »

Cornfed wrote:
October 7th, 2021, 3:33 pm
It looks like the experiment of living in this particular location that I and a couple of others embarked on will fail. There are various issues. The place is family oriented, There is nothing much for single men to do. we are reliant on the goodwill of locals which may not be indefinitely forthcoming, to get anything done such as getting proper Internet or knowing where the bus stop is you have to know someone who knows someone, which takes time etc.

However there are some very good things about this area. There is no crime to speak of. You can leave your doors unlocked. There is no covaids enforcement nonsense, apart from some dickheads running a convenience store on the edge of town who presumably cater to motorists passing through. Even in the conventional Mexican town closeby the mask nonsense is only enforced inside banks and such. There is no enforcement of victimless "crimes" in general. You can drive an unregistered car without plates and the municipal cops don't care. You can buy a cellphone with no ID or paperwork required. As I said in a video, in a SHTF scenario I think these people would have a better than average chance of defending themselves. And a large percentage of them are good people.

I don't know what the answer is. Maybe I will go to some more expat friendly area, get myself sorted out, and when things in the wider world deteriorate even further, come back here.
I have to agree although I haven't actually come on a resident visa so I was always going to need to leave.
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Cornfed wrote:

Since you used to live in South Korea and you hail from this side of the hemisphere, I am very surprised you chose Mexico over the Philippines.

It's the same "lot of rules, but we skip most of them" mentality here. Eventually we all converge to some sort of common sense. Unlike Mexico, Philippines are still strict about Covid precautions (mask and face shields, 10PM curfew, etc.) but unlike you like late-late-night nightlife, that doesn't affect you that much...
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

publicduende wrote:
October 7th, 2021, 10:07 pm
Cornfed wrote:

Since you used to live in South Korea and you hail from this side of the hemisphere, I am very surprised you chose Mexico over the Philippines.

It's the same "lot of rules, but we skip most of them" mentality here. Eventually we all converge to some sort of common sense. Unlike Mexico, Philippines are still strict about Covid precautions (mask and face shields, 10PM curfew, etc.) but unlike you like late-late-night nightlife, that doesn't affect you that much...
Not open tourist and 100% opsite mexco on corona so how cornfed go on no local kid wife no retrir moneys
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Spencer wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 7:25 am
publicduende wrote:
Cornfed wrote:

Not open tourist and 100% opsite mexco on corona so how cornfed go on no local kid wife no retrir moneys
Ban this cunt, @Winston how many warnings does this cunt get for typing in garbled English.
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

publicduende wrote:
Cornfed wrote:

There's a few reasons:
1. The Philippines isn't allowing foreigners inside
2. It's easier to stay long-term in Mexico and easier to get temporary residency which can become permanent residency
3. No COVID-19 entry restrictions
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king 👑
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

One big problem with the PI is the humidity. It makes you crazy plus the rainy season.
Spencer
Junior Poster

Post by Spencer »

yick wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 9:24 am
Spencer wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 7:25 am
publicduende wrote:
Cornfed wrote:

Ban this cunt, @Winston how many warnings does this cunt get for typing in garbled English.
My writ already easy understand and my point valid same tsar repeat so why you lose lunch cus my bad spell beter get life or make own forum where you bossman
"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne

"Wiseton is a very dynamic individual, what most would call a genius. He's started a movement, and only genius types can do such a thing." - Boycottamericanwomen
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

Gali wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 10:06 am
One big problem with the PI is the humidity. It makes you crazy plus the rainy season.
Yeah, the only place in Asia I've been is Thailand, and from the second I stepped out of the air-conditioned airport and was blasted by that humid air I couldn't wait to leave. I assume PI is as bad.
publicduende
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by publicduende »

Tsar wrote:
October 8th, 2021, 9:40 am
There's a few reasons:
1. The Philippines isn't allowing foreigners inside
2. It's easier to stay long-term in Mexico and easier to get temporary residency which can become permanent residency
3. No COVID-19 entry restrictions
1. This is true, but I was wondering if you could have entered before the worldwide lockdown craze started.
2. I am not sure about Mexico as I have never been there but, in the Philippines, you can renew your tourist Visa as many times as you want, for a fee that is around P1000/$20 a month. I guess this does not apply to you Tsar but, for people 40 years and older, there are a few retirement Visa options which are all resident Visas.
3. That is a blessing...

Well, if you do make it here, your dating life would be improved. That I know both by first and second-hand experience :D
gsjackson wrote: Yeah, the only place in Asia I've been is Thailand, and from the second I stepped out of the air-conditioned airport and was blasted by that humid air I couldn't wait to leave. I assume PI is as bad.
Admittedly, some people prefer fresh air around them all the time. I am one of those who doesn't mind warmth and a bit of humidity. Of course this is when I am by myself and relaxing. I wouldn't want to be sweating while I am in a business situation or on a date...