Most Ideal Climates in the Americas

Discuss culture, living, traveling, relocating, dating or anything related to Latin America, Mexico, or Central America.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Most Ideal Climates in the Americas

Post by Lucas88 »

The climate in my part of the world has been quite schizophrenic in the last few weeks alternating between hot summer's days with sweltering nights and cold days with thunderstorms and rainfall. We are currently experiencing a major heatwave with temperatures reaching almost 40 degrees. All of this has allowed me to experience various distinct weather patterns in a short period of time. It has motivated me to research the climates of multiple regions of interest throughout the Americas.

I remember a conversation with @WilliamSmith in my own introduction on this forum. I explained to him that I prefer moderate climates that are neither too hot nor too cold. My ideal climate is perhaps that of San Diego, California or one pretty similar to it, although I am also open to somewhat warmer climates too. Conversely I don't think that I could handle an extremely hot climate that frequently reaches 35º or more and doesn't even decrease that much at night such a those of some parts of the Caribbean. Such extreme heat would hinder my intellectual functioning and render me unproductive. Also the sweaty nights would be unbearable.

I've made a list of locations which I think could have a good or reasonable climate for me throughout South and Central America and Mexico with that of San Diego, California as a point of reference.

San Diego, California (Almost Latin America, used to be part of Mexico)

Temperatures - Average high/low of 25º/20º in August and 19º/10º in January.

San Diego has a tropical or subtropical steppe climate or Köppen BSk (although some sources have it down as a hot-summer Mediterranean climate or Köppen Csa). The city is considered to have one of the best climates in the US. I agree with this assessment. San Diego's climate is pleasant all year round, doesn't get excessively hot in summer and has relatively cool nights for most of the year.

Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico

Temperatures - Average high/low of 26º/17º in August and 19º/7º in January.

Ensenada has a mild semi-arid climate or Köppen BSk. It seems very similar to that of San Diego although a little but cooler at night. Due to its pleasant Mediterranean climate and its proximity to the Pacific Ocean, Ensenada is known as La Cenicienta del Pacífico (the Cinderella of the Pacific). It really does seem quite close to my ideal.

Concepción, Chile

Temperatures - Average high/low of 23º/11º in January and 14º/6º in August.

Concepción has a warm-summer Mediterranean climate or Köppen Csb. Although Concepción is situated on a similar latitude to the coastal cities of California except in the southern hemisphere, its climate is slightly cooler and wetter.

Curitiba, Brazil

Temperatures - Average high/low of 26º/18º in January and 22º/11º in August.

Curitiba has a humid subtropical highland climate or Köppen Cfb. It remains quite pleasant and not too extreme due to the city's elevation of 934m. Curitiba seems like a nice place although I'm not sure that I'd want to live in a Lusophone country since I speak Spanish and not Portuguese.

São Paulo, Brazil

Temperatures - Average high/low of 29º/21º in January and 23º/13º in July.

São Paulo has a humid subtropical climate or Köppen Cwa, a little warmer than Curitiba. The city's climate seems pleasant or at least bearable for most of the year.

Medellín, Colombia

Temperatures - Average high/low of 27º/17º or 28º/18º all year round.

Medellín has a unique tropical climate, tempered the the city's altitude. Medellín is situated in the Andes at an elevation of 1,494m. It is known as La Ciudad de la Eterna Primavera (the city of eternal spring) due to its stable, warm climate. Medellín's climate is regarded as the best in Colombia.

Cali, Colombia

Temperatures - Average high/low of 30º/19º or 28º/18º throughout two distinct yearly seasons.

Cali has a dry-summer tropical savanna climate or Köppen As. It is hotter than that of Medellín, but this city is known for its abundance of hot mulatas with big booties. Maybe I'd just have to adapt for the booties' sake. The city is situated at an elevation of 1,018m.

Caracas, Venezuela

Temperatures - Average high/low of 28º/20º in July and 27º/17º in January.

Caracas straddles a tropical savanna climate (Aw) and a subtropical highland climate (Cwb). Again it's a little on the hotter side but its temperatures are not as extreme as those of most other Caribbean coastal cities. I know that Venezuela is screwed up right now but its women, like those of Colombia, are on another level!

Tegucigalpa, Honduras

Temperatures - Average high/low of 29º/17º in August and 27º/14º in January.

Tegucigalpa has a more moderate form of a tropical wet and dry climate and is among the mildest of Central American cities due to its elevation of 990m. I'm starting to like Honduras and from my own research think that it has some of the hottest women in Central America. I know that @E Irizarry R&B Singer says that it's more dangerous than other CA countries but my curiosity has been stoked!

Guatemala City, Guatemala

Temperatures - Average high/low of 25º/16º in July and 24º/12º in January.

Guatemala City has a tropical savanna climate (Aw) bordering on a subtropical highland climate (Cwb). At an ever greater elevation of 1,500m it is a little cooler. Other important Guatemalan cities such as Antigua also have a similar climate due to their situation at high altitude.

San José, Costa Rica

Temperatures - Average high/low of 26º/20º in July and 25º/19º in January.

San José has a tropical wet and dry climate (Aw). It sits at an elevation of 1,172m. The temperatures seem a little cooler than those of Tegucigalpa in the day and a little warmer at night. These capital cities built at high altitudes have the benefit of avoiding the oppressive heat of Central America's lowlands and coastlines. ¡Menos mal!

Outro

These are some of the locations which I've considered on the basis of climate. Please comment any knowledge you have of these climate zones or recommend your own! :D
Mercury
Junior Poster

Re: Most Ideal Climates in the Americas

Post by Mercury »

Metric is rather confusing to us Westerners.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

You need to decide how much you value sunshine and a dry climate. Some of these places in South America -- like those you named in Colombia -- while they have temperate climates year-round, they get very little sunshine. There are a lot of places in the U.S. mountain West and in Mexico, at about 4,500 to 5,500 feet above sea level, that have sunshine almost every day, but the altitude keeps it from getting too hot (I'm getting my butt to one of them in a few days to get some relief after 51 days this year of 100+ temperatures here at about 1,900 feet above sea level in central Texas). And yes, any place on the Pacific coast, from the Bay Area down to the southern tip of Baja, is going to have a temperate climate year-round with plenty of sunshine once the morning fog burns off. But little variety.

Generally, you can find hundreds of cities in the U.S. West and Mexico with far more agreeable climates than most any you'll find in Europe.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

gsjackson wrote:
July 18th, 2022, 8:56 pm
You need to decide how much you value sunshine and a dry climate. Some of these places in South America -- like those you named in Colombia -- while they have temperate climates year-round, they get very little sunshine. There are a lot of places in the U.S. mountain West and in Mexico, at about 4,500 to 5,500 feet above sea level, that have sunshine almost every day, but the altitude keeps it from getting too hot (I'm getting my butt to one of them in a few days to get some relief after 51 days this year of 100+ temperatures here at about 1,900 feet above sea level in central Texas). And yes, any place on the Pacific coast, from the Bay Area down to the southern tip of Baja, is going to have a temperate climate year-round with plenty of sunshine once the morning fog burns off. But little variety.

Generally, you can find hundreds of cities in the U.S. West and Mexico with far more agreeable climates than most any you'll find in Europe.
Thank you for your informative reply, gsjackson.

I'm not particularly fixated on sunshine hours. I only want a temperate climate which doesn't shift in the direction of either extreme and is pleasant for the most part. I don't mind cloudy days as long as the temperature is okay.

I suppose that Querétaro in the center of Mexico could also have a climate that would suit me. The city, which is situated at an elevation of 1,820m, has an average high/low of 27º/14º in the summer months and 22º/6º in January, although the spring months are a little warmer with the average high/low rising to 30º/13º in May.

I had a long-distance relationship with a girl from Querétaro who I met online. That was during the height of the scamdemic when most forms of travel were unfeasible. She told me that it's often cloudy there and gets cold at night during the winter months. I'd be okay with that. I like cool temperatures at night which allow me some respite from the day's heat and also give me a reason to snuggle up to my Latina before falling asleep.

Querétaro's climate seems rather pleasant. Monterrey on the other hand is literally hell on earth in terms of temperature and I never want to go back there again unless it's to visit friends.
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

Querétaro has decent weather, and I had passed through there twice. Their GDP was flying up the music charts pre-plandemic; I don't know how they fared now. I was in Mérida, Yuc. a couple of years ago whilst Mexicans were soaking up the plandemic propaganda as if it were veritably true. I lost at least 10 females on WhatsApp from various Mexican dating sites because I told them they were silly for believing in the plandemic and come over and spend time at my apt. anyway. "no me cayo no puedo tengo sobrevivih tal cual sea otra vez mi amor? en no llevahlo a mis abuelos los tenian muchos anyos". e.g. Ish like that when I didn't accept no the first time.
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

You don't want to get too far east in Mexico, like Merida. The high humidity kicks in on the Caribbean side and the climate becomes far less agreeable. Most anyplace in the central highlands of the country will be good. As far as Baja goes, the climate's good, but if I recall correctly, Jester was not impressed with Ensenada after spending a year or so there. Lacking in the female pulchritude category, I believe. Mr. Peabody has spent quite a bit of time in Baja, several miles below Tijuana.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

gsjackson wrote:
July 19th, 2022, 7:18 pm
You don't want to get too far east in Mexico, like Merida. The high humidity kicks in on the Caribbean side and the climate becomes far less agreeable. Most anyplace in the central highlands of the country will be good. As far as Baja goes, the climate's good, but if I recall correctly, Jester was not impressed with Ensenada after spending a year or so there. Lacking in the female pulchritude category, I believe. Mr. Peabody has spent quite a bit of time in Baja, several miles below Tijuana.
You're right. Last night I did some research on the climates of the major cities of the Central Mexican Plateau or Altiplanicie Mexicana as it is known in Spanish and for me many of those cities are blessed with more or less ideal temperate climates and feature a lot of attractive colonial architecture and typically Mexican cultural charm. I now feel disappointed that my stay in Mexico was limited to Nuevo León and the climatically hellish Monterrey in particular. I would have much rather experienced the beauty of the country's central highlands south of Zacatecas rather than just the arid desert north.

Here are the data that I found with regard to other cities of the Central Mexican Plateau:

Aguascalientes

Temperatures - Average high/low of 28º/13º in July and 23º/3º in January. The climate gets somewhat hotter in spring (32º/12º in May).

Elevation - 1,888m

Guadalajara, Jalisco

Temperatures - Average high/low of 29º/16º in July and 25º/6º in January (33º/13º in May).

Elevation - 1,566m

Jalisco is a state whose population has an average of 16% African admixture as I explained in my thread on phenotypes of Latinas. That should mean that the city has some fine mamasotas with good booty genetics. :D

Guadalajara is also near Lago de Chapala, so at least it has something akin to a sea even at relatively high altitude.

San Luis Potosí

Temperatures - Average high/low of 27º/11º in July and 22º/3º in January (30º/11º in May).

Elevation - 1,864m

León, Guanajuato

Temperatures - Average high/low of 27º/16º in July and 23º/9º in January (31º/16º in May).

Elevation - 1,815m

Morelia, Michoacán

Temperatures - Average high/low of 26º/14º in July and 25º/6º in January (31º/14º in May).

Elevation - 1,920m

Puebla

Temperatures - Average high/low of 23º/10º in July and 21º/3º in January (25º/9º in May).

Elevation - 2,135m

Cuernavaca, Morelos

Temperatures - Average high/low of 28º/15º in July and 26º/11º in January (32º/16º in May).

Elevation - 1,510m

Like Medellín in Colombia, Cuernavaca is also known as La Ciudad de la Eterna Primavera or "City of Eternal Spring".

Tehuacán, Puebla

Temperatures - Average high/low of 25º/14º in July and 21º/8º in January (27º/14º in May).

Elevation - 1,600m

Córdoba, Veracruz

Temperatures - Average high/low of 30º/18º in July and 24º/12º in January (32º/18º in May).

Elevation - 817m

At its lower elevation, Córdoba is a little on the hotter side but still quite good for the most part.

Xalapa, Veracruz

Temperatures - Average high/low of 26º/15º in July and 21º/10º in January (27º/16º in May).

Elevation - 1,417m

Toluca, State of Mexico

Temperatures - Average high/low of 20º/8º in July and 19º/-1º in January (24º/6º in May).

Elevation - 2,660m

At its higher elevation, Toluca is more on the cooler side and therefore could be a good location for those who prefer the cold.

Oaxaca

Temperatures - Average high/low of 28º/14º in July and 27º/8º in January (32º/15º in May).

Elevation - 1,555m
Last edited by Lucas88 on July 25th, 2022, 3:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

Which cities do you think have the best climates in Central America and Colombia, gsjackson?

Would you agree that the likes of Guatemala City; Tegucigalpa, Honduras; San José, Costa Rica; and Medellín, Colombia have good climates or are there some hidden variables that make them a bad choice?

Central America seems like an interesting place. I knew very little about the region before I started investigating it recently. It is made up of a series of tiny nations with small populations and often only a handful of large cities. After about the fourth or fifth largest city the rest of the municipalities are medium-sized or small towns by US or Western European standards.

I'm interested in researching the female pulchritude of those regions. In Latin America as a general rule I use relatively higher percentages of African admixture as a marker for this since it is that same African blood that accentuates the curves of a Latina and brings out the booty.

I also don't know what the Spanish spoken in those countries of Central America is like since I've not met too many people from places like Honduras, El Salvador or Costa Rica. I met a Guatemalan girl and her accent was very similar to southern Mexican Spanish. As for Costa Rica, my Peruvian ex-girlfriend was once there for a transfer flight to Mexico but she told me that in the airport the Costa Rican Spanish was unintelligible and she didn't know what the hell anybody was saying!
gsjackson
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by gsjackson »

The Central America cities are all too humid for my taste, and for various other reasons, like rampant crime and general civil breakdown, I don't think you want to go anywhere near Honduras and Guatemala. Medellin isn't quite as humid, though it clouds up and rains all the time. The total hours of annual sunshine in Medellin is 1,850, which is too low to suit me. By point of comparison, San Diego, considered by many as the ideal climate, gets 3,050.
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

I know you aren't so into the Caribbean climate @Lucas88, but thought I'd post some stuff on it and learn a bit in the process, as well as check out what you posted on Latin America since I have some interest in coastal parts of that.

Before I get to that, here: I made you something to add to your thread FBO American men who come onto the thread and think "Huh, what 25º/20º? It's below freezing in San Diego?? :? Oh, he means that "C" stuff..."

So here's a convenient reference chart I put together to translate from Celsius to Fahrenheit or vice-versa, with a more Caribbean theme featuring high humidity flanking the chart 8) :

So I guess for those of us who think in Fahrenheit, the most relevant bands are:

0C = 32F, since they conveniently set it according to water's freezing temperature

15.5C = a nice 60 degrees

21-22C ish = 70ish, even northern blue-eyed barbarian studs like me spawned by Yakub's ill-fated scientific experiments over 6,000 years ago are still doing fine in this range though

26-27C ish = 80ish I'm still up for it, but admittedly starts getting harder for Yakub's creations to be out in the open sun

32-33C ish = 90ish getting pretty damn hot (might not scare me off, but hopefully I'd be spending more time indoors ploughing black females with maybe some help cooling down from a fan)

37-38C ish = 100's, that's !@##$in' hot, I hesitate unless I slow down and have a lot of $$$ as an older gent to where I was willing to stay inside some air-conditioned resort or something...
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
WilliamSmith
Veteran Poster

Post by WilliamSmith »

Lucas88 wrote:
July 18th, 2022, 7:07 pm
The climate in my part of the world has been quite schizophrenic in the last few weeks alternating between hot summer's days with sweltering nights and cold days with thunderstorms and rainfall. We are currently experiencing a major heatwave with temperatures reaching almost 40 degrees. All of this has allowed me to experience various distinct weather patterns in a short period of time. It has motivated me to research the climates of multiple regions of interest throughout the Americas.
I've been in a lot of areas like this in the PNW where it's harshly cold, freezing, and a dead brown color in Winter (though with some nice pretty snows), then gets scorchingly hot in Summer to where in recent years a lot of those areas have gone up in disastrous wildfires. Northern California isn't even one of the worst in past years, but I understand the forests are burning down there again this Summer.
Edit: Germanic stock white women that are up there with thick, smooth cream-colored legs did smell damn good though in the Summer weather when we were out doing stuff like having fun in the Montanan or Idaho rivers swimming/snorkelling, or messing with those swings where there's a rope or possibly tire-swing on a tree-branch.
But yeah, on the too f-ing hot summer, swinging in to the too f-ing cold winter, that's definitely not my favorite climate dynamics. Pacific Coastal areas are nicer and steadier because of lots of rain and fog (assuming that does not bother the people who live there), but moving on south toward the Caribbean and Latin America....
Lucas88 wrote:
July 18th, 2022, 7:07 pm
I remember a conversation with @WilliamSmith in my own introduction on this forum. I explained to him that I prefer moderate climates that are neither too hot nor too cold. My ideal climate is perhaps that of San Diego, California or one pretty similar to it, although I am also open to somewhat warmer climates too. Conversely I don't think that I could handle an extremely hot climate that frequently reaches 35º or more and doesn't even decrease that much at night such a those of some parts of the Caribbean. Such extreme heat would hinder my intellectual functioning and render me unproductive. Also the sweaty nights would be unbearable.
Geez, even if I hadn't posted that pic earlier, I can't even talk about the damned Caribbean weather without my brain-half shutting off thinking about voluptuous women with tropical rains running off their bodies, or women sweating in the humid lush tropical vegetation....

But I think the Caribbean is at least a bit cooler than you think:
I think the usual range in the Caribbean actually is usually from the low 80s in winter to the high 80s in Summer. Sometimes it touches the low 90's here and there, but I think those are usually the peaks and the normal temperature range is in the 80s...

The legendary trade winds also cool things down, especially on the eastern facing parts of the islands, and where it's mountainous the eastern sides get more rain for that reason too.

On some islands there's lot of rainfall, hence humidity on some of the warmest ones, but possibly a lot of islands might not be as hot as you were thinking...

They say the Caribbean is much of the time like an "Endless Summer" but there's several nice islands mainly in the Greater Antilles that have more of a seasonal range too:

Jamaica has wonderful cooler areas up in the higher elevations of the Blue Mountains.

The Dominican Republic has the highest elevations if I remember rightly, but they also have varied climate inland and many interesting natural environments....

The "treasure island of nature" Dominica I believe has the highest rainfall and it's an amazing lush green island, but a lot of the time it is indeed humid.

On the other hand, some of the southernmost islands are actually interesting desert environments while still being in those beautiful gemstone-like tropical waters on the shores: Aruba, Curacao, and Bonaire.

And of course, there's the hurricane season that definitely hits a lot of the islands. I personally find that highly atmospheric and appealing, but that's obviously something to be aware of in advance. :)
If you're serious about "taking the red pill," read thoroughly researched work by an unbiased "American intellectual soldier of our age" to learn what controlled media doesn't want you to see 8) : https://www.unz.com/page/american-pravda-series/
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

On the subject of living at a high altitude in Mexico, the climate is not quite as good as I thought it would be. In the winter it seems like the temperature would be ideal, but that is only for about four hours in the middle of the day. It is generally fairly miserable in the morning and evening and literally freezing at night, and also quite dry and dusty. It is OK in summer, just a little hot at times. I was surprised that hail is quite common, which is cool but I wouldn't want to be a crop farmer.

https://rumble.com/v1d0i4p-hail.html
Lucas88
Experienced Poster

Post by Lucas88 »

WilliamSmith wrote:
July 25th, 2022, 2:11 pm
Before I get to that, here: I made you something to add to your thread FBO American men who come onto the thread and think "Huh, what 25º/20º? It's below freezing in San Diego?? :? Oh, he means that "C" stuff..."

So here's a convenient reference chart I put together to translate from Celsius to Fahrenheit or vice-versa, with a more Caribbean theme featuring high humidity flanking the chart 8) :
Wow, that conversion chart is awesome with the hot Black Caribbean booty girl! :P

I don't understand Fahrenheit at all. In Europe and Latin America people tend to use Celsius. Even in the UK too more people seem to use Celsius. I think here Fahrenheit might be more of a boomer thing. In fact I had even forgotten that Fahrenheit was commonly used in the US when I made this thread. I thought everybody understood Celsius! :lol:
WilliamSmith wrote:
July 25th, 2022, 3:28 pm
But I think the Caribbean is at least a bit cooler than you think:
I think the usual range in the Caribbean actually is usually from the low 80s in winter to the high 80s in Summer. Sometimes it touches the low 90's here and there, but I think those are usually the peaks and the normal temperature range is in the 80s...

The legendary trade winds also cool things down, especially on the eastern facing parts of the islands, and where it's mountainous the eastern sides get more rain for that reason too.
Here are the average highs/lows for various cities in the Caribbean:

Miami, Florida

Average high/low of 31º/26º in July and 23º/17º in January.

Havana, Cuba

Average high/low of 32º/24º in July and 27º/18º in January.

Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic

Average high/low of 32º/23º in July and 29º/20º in January.

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Average high/low of 30º/27º in August and 27º/23º in January.

Port-au-Prince, Haiti

Average high/low of 34º/26º in July and 31º/23º in January.

Kingston, Jamaica

Average high/low of 33º/26º in July and 31º/22º in January.

Maracaibo, Venezuela

Average high/low of 35º/26º in July and 33º/24º in January.

Barranquilla, Colombia

Average high/low of 33º/25º in July and 31º/24º in January.

La Ceiba, Honduras

Average high/low of 32º/23º in August and 28º/19º in January.

Cancún, Mexico

Average high/low of 32º/25º in July and 28º/19º in January.

Many major cities throughout the Caribbean are significantly hotter than those of the Mexican Central Plateau, the highlands of Central America or Medellín despite trade winds and the presence of hurricanes. The temperature also remains quite hot at night. :(

The Caribbean is a beautiful place with some awesome cultures and many hot ladies but if I were to live in a Caribbean (Central American) country I'd definitely want to have my habitual place of residence in the more temperate highlands (e.g., Tegucigalpa, Guatemala City, San José) and only occasionally make incursions into the much hotter coastal regions.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

Peru has some nice cities with 'perfect climates' I like Lima's climate personally, yep, there's fog and cloudy days but it never gets too hot and even in winter, you get bright sunny days.

Arequipa has a lot of sun and has nice weather, Cajamarca, Jaen - you have lovely mild climates with a lot of sunshine.
willymonfrete
Junior Poster

Post by willymonfrete »

I thrive in tropical weather (miami and south florida)and even extreme heat like when I was in egypt,it makes me horny lol

time to bang some big butt mulattas and mestizas in arubian brothels while eating good food laying on the beach.