If we made lists for Single Straight men, which places would come out on top?

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.

Moderators: fschmidt, jamesbond

Archibault
Freshman Poster

If we made lists for Single Straight men, which places would come out on top?

Post by Archibault »

Hey guys,
I saw most lists are targeted towards young families. I wonder what about single straight men. Which countries would come out on top?
jerryrigged
Freshman Poster

Re: If we made lists for Single Straight men, which places would come out on top?

Post by jerryrigged »

Archibault wrote:
August 28th, 2021, 8:50 am
Hey guys,
I saw most lists are targeted towards young families. I wonder what about single straight men. Which countries would come out on top?
The problem is that many of the countries that are great to meet lifetime partners or just have fun in have serious problems (crime, instability, crazy governments, poverty). Then if you take the woman out of there and she is exposed to Western culture, they become assimilated quickly. Then you lose what you went there to find in a partner often times. If you can put up with the "shit" in more traditional countries, I'd instantly say:

1. Phils
2. Cambodia
3. Indonesia
4. Belarus
5. Vietnam
6. Mexico

Basically in that order... The rest of the countries the women just aren't worth it, in my opinion, and thats mostly because of their rotten attitudes and incompatible cultures with Western men in my opinion. There may be a few other goodies that I left out but those are 6 that come to my mind anyways.

GO TO THAILAND only to have fun and appreciate it for what it is... IT IS NOT GENERALLY a good place to find a WIFE.... I lived there and I can count on 1 hand the amount of "true happy marriages" I knew personally among Thai-Farang...
Italianman's true archnemesis.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: If we made lists for Single Straight men, which places would come out on top?

Post by Yohan »

Archibault wrote:
Hey guys,
I think this question is too general to give a good answer. It's about what is the intention of this straight man, from which country is he? How is his financial situation, is he able to work for a living in that country - can he find a job there, what about visa long stay permit/working permit, his age is also a criteria etc.

It really depends on the individual, what fits me personally might rather not fit other men....
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Is anywhere in 2021 really good for girls with the maximum age of college girls (22 or 23)?

I don't really think it is easy to get a girl anywhere.

Maybe an infertile hag with wrinkles and weight, or maybe a single mom (more incentive to want a provider) but I can't imagine any attractive girl would be easy.

I went to parks for two weeks nearly everyday and rarely saw a girl or girls under age 23, and even under age 30. I became tired because if it were Europe there would be many girls at a park. But I guess in the Western Hemisphere, girls don't really go to parks?
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

jerryrigged wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 3:31 pm
Archibault wrote:
Hey guys,
The problem is that many of the countries that are great to meet lifetime partners or just have fun in have serious problems (crime, instability, crazy governments, poverty). Then if you take the woman out of there and she is exposed to Western culture, they become assimilated quickly. Then you lose what you went there to find in a partner often times. If you can put up with the "shit" in more traditional countries, I'd instantly say:

1. Phils
2. Cambodia
3. Indonesia
4. Belarus
5. Vietnam
6. Mexico

Basically in that order... The rest of the countries the women just aren't worth it, in my opinion, and thats mostly because of their rotten attitudes and incompatible cultures with Western men in my opinion. There may be a few other goodies that I left out but those are 6 that come to my mind anyways.

GO TO THAILAND only to have fun and appreciate it for what it is... IT IS NOT GENERALLY a good place to find a WIFE.... I lived there and I can count on 1 hand the amount of "true happy marriages" I knew personally among Thai-Farang...
What makes Belarus better than Russia? Shouldn't Novosibirsk to Vladivostok be better than Belarus?

Also, people on the forum said Vietnamese parents want to decide who they marry and a foreigner usually isn't one of the people that a Vietnamese girl's parents want her marrying. Were those forum members incorrect or was it accurate?
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

jerryrigged wrote:
September 13th, 2021, 3:31 pm
I agree with you, same impression.

I am visiting Thailand since more than 30 years, often more than two or three times a year. Easy access from Japan. I have my own rooms in Pattaya/Jomtien - Vacation only, and surely not with the intention to work there anything or to look for a girlfriend. Just relax, swimming, no winter season, sometimes family members come with me or friends visiting me coming from Europe, sometimes not.

I do not have any personal relationship with Thai people, but what I have seen so far to look for marriage/wife is not very encouraging.
Not a place for a straight Western male foreigner to look out for a long-term relationship and especially not in case the foreign man takes the girl out of her country or is unable/unwilling to stay in Thailand for long-term.