Why do you want to go abroad?

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.

Why do you want to go abroad?

Sick of your home country's laws and way of life?
36%
Tired of the influx of obese women?
No votes
Financial opportunities?
No votes
Mongering?
No votes
Finding a suitable wife?
12%
Running away from something?
No votes
Frustrated with the dating scene?
15%
Fed up with feminism?
12%
Just want a fresh start in life?
15%
Excessive taxation in your home country?
No votes
Retirement?
3%
Other
6%

Total votes: 33
jgord81
Freshman Poster

my reason

Post by jgord81 »

To experience the world and what it all has to offer. You only live once so Why limit your self just just to one. I have always been instrested in Asian culture as a whole so this is the reason for me.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

A few things at once:

It seems like this country is getting to be a passive-agressive version of the Third Reich & I really don't need any of my descendants living n that. Even if things don't turn into a huge problem when I'm alive, what about after that?

Starting a family is another. I don't really figure it would be impossible to find a woman that I'd click with here, but the surrounding environment is a point again. What is my kid going to grow up around? The only influence isn't in the home.

The social environment is another. Less dictatorial, more genuine, more capacity to take serious things seriously, not having a "gas & brakes at the same time" mentality (it's amazing how someone's supposed to do something & NOT do something here!). Also, people at work actually, more or less, being friends is a plus. Even if you're working a job that's not very entertaining, you at least don't have such an arduous situation.
QuestionMark
Freshman Poster

Post by QuestionMark »

Because america sucks. It's the most overrated country in the world full of contradictions and bs, and most americans are stupid sheep/conformists that just go along and perpuate things and be overtly patriotic even though its not hard to see how bad things are in the states. I want to live elsewhere.
Novem
Freshman Poster

Post by Novem »

1. Tired of a country throwing its future away to feed present day excesses. I don't plan on spending my entire life paying for the greed and mistakes of previous generations.

2. Terrible dating situation that requires you to be nearly perfect to get even a decent girlfriend/wife.

3. American women in general being a terrible long-term investment. No-fault divorce, draconian divorce laws, and predatory family court systems.

4. Society in general. I despise the slut and drug culture that has become rampant here. I am also sick of the anti-intellectualism.

5. Cost of living combined with stagnating wages makes for a terrible combination. You can get by on a lot less in other countries that can still offer a modern lifestyle if that is what you require.
matthewcoury
Freshman Poster

Post by matthewcoury »

iam moving to bosnia......and it IS to find a wife
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Halwick wrote:
Any expat communities abroad in Philippines, Thailand or Latin America that offers the orderly and security of a U.S. military base?
Mexico, for sure. Not military bases, but gated communities, some including stores, gyms, community halls etc. Low end communities are trailers, high end are million dollar villas. Right on the beach, or across the street from it.

I can hook you up if you want.

Right here in or near Ensenada, in Baja California, where I live.

Or in Ajijic/Chapala, near Guadalajara. I'll be coming through there in a week, let me know if you want to meet up. Guadalajara is a first class city, also known for beautiful girls (White with a French look, curvy European body)

Merida near Cancun, and nearby, Tulum, in Quintana Roo (toward Belize) probably have communities you would like. I can put you in touch with someone there if you want.

Those are IMO the major gringo colonies in LA that would be like their own villages.

Plenty of orderly places in LA WITHOUT gringos, though. Any capital city in major Latin countries has rich, well-groomed neighborhoods. Also any large Mexican city.

A couple of the "cays" (keys or islands) in Belize are orderly communities full of Canadians, Brits etc. Easy to get to the mainland. Country is Caribbean but population is half Latino.

There are condo developments in the Philippines that might be perfect for you.

Although not one of the places you mentioned, I think there may be some neighborhoods in Malaysia, full of Brits, that would fit the bill, but visas there are geared for retirees.

Good luck.
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

zacb wrote:
I don't know your budget, but Jeff Berwick and Doug Casey have communities in South America (Doug Casey is in Argentina). Both are geared towards freedom loving Americans.
Good point.

However, IMO those communities are in the middle of nowhere. I think Halwick is looking for "action" not too far from his guarded home or neighborhood.

Anyway, Jeff Berwick's place in Chile has had issues (water rights etc). So the first one of this type to look into would be Doug Casey's in Argentina.

I think the vacant lots in these type of communties are like 500 thousand dollars or so, but I'm not sure.