Why Not Just Stay Home?!

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
Banano
Veteran Poster

Post by Banano »

Most men move abroad because of women and that is the problem in itself.
Sex is very powerful thing and guys will sacrifice everything in order to get validated through easy lays, even if these girls are poor hookers or semi hookers.
Ghost
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Ghost »

Last edited by Ghost on May 13th, 2020, 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
C.J.
Experienced Poster

Post by C.J. »

Banano wrote:Most men move abroad because of women and that is the problem in itself.
Sex is very powerful thing and guys will sacrifice everything in order to get validated.
That's why I have sworn off sex with sows, and strive for only true Edomic Queens. Your gentials are the first, but biggest enemy a real man has to face. Once you overcome your c**k, there are much more satisfying things you can do with your masculinity.

People say that the hardest thing to do in life, is to go abroad and get a woman. Personally I think it's finding out what the hell to do, now that you know that you don't need a woman. For many guys, a woman is the only reason to get up in the morning.
anamericaninbangkok
Junior Poster

Post by anamericaninbangkok »

Now this is interesting to me.

When I first moved here, I did so with the understanding that I had one year to make a go of it. I have had numerous ups and downs here and life isn't always rosy. As I have grown older I have grown wiser and have taken great care in prioritizing what is important and what is not as it relates to living here. There were times when I hit a slump with women and other parts of my personal life at the same time leading me to wonder why on earth I moved here. But those times are rare. I may get bored once in a while but for the most part, I enjoy my life here.

I've lived in several different states in the US and several times spent months at a time in Cambodia, the PI, and Indonesia. I still believe Thailand is the best place for me, overall. I may not think this way in the future, but we'll see.

Like I always say, there is no Utopia. No place is perfect. There are positives and negatives and the trick is to ride out the negatives and be happy with the day-to-day positives. I know it may sound funny but I take great joy in being able to wake up with my kids every day, have my wife bring me a cup of coffee made the way I like it, and see them off to school.

One thing is certain. If you are unhappy at home, chances are you will be unhappy abroad. Women aren't the end all and don't make you happy. You make yourself happy. Women just add another dimension to the happiness.

Guys throw themselves off buildings because they're either mental, financially ruined, or a woman gave them something they've never had before and for whatever reason, took it away. For some, this is a bitter pill to swallow. I think the cases of police manufacturing suicide notes are few and far between. Most Thais could care less about some farang unless they have a large some of money on the line.

I came to Asia for the adventure. I like not know what's next. I like going places others fear or that are on a road less traveled.

I don't know about China. I've been there twice, once to Hui Li, and while it was interesting and cool for a few weeks, I wouldn't want to live there. I don't know much about the women there other than some are extremely attractive. There are great looking women here in Thailand though but the majority of places I could possibly live have hot women so that wouldn't be a factor.

The reason I left - I wanted more out of my life. I wanted to see more, do more, and experience more than just going to work every day and once or twice a year going on a short holiday.

Also - Thai language can be learned. Thailand becomes home. I rarely feel left out and if I do, it's usually because I want to be left out. The only downside of living in Thailand is YOU WILL NEVER BE THAI. Just the other day, for the first time since I moved here, I thought, "This will never, ever be my country." I never thought this way before because it didn't matter much. But now it's starting to and I'm considering my long-term options.
Halwick
Freshman Poster

Post by Halwick »

anamericaninbangkok wrote:Now this is interesting to me.

When I first moved here, I did so with the understanding that I had one year to make a go of it. I have had numerous ups and downs here and life isn't always rosy. As I have grown older I have grown wiser and have taken great care in prioritizing what is important and what is not as it relates to living here. There were times when I hit a slump with women and other parts of my personal life at the same time leading me to wonder why on earth I moved here. But those times are rare. I may get bored once in a while but for the most part, I enjoy my life here.

I've lived in several different states in the US and several times spent months at a time in Cambodia, the PI, and Indonesia. I still believe Thailand is the best place for me, overall. I may not think this way in the future, but we'll see.

Like I always say, there is no Utopia. No place is perfect. There are positives and negatives and the trick is to ride out the negatives and be happy with the day-to-day positives. I know it may sound funny but I take great joy in being able to wake up with my kids every day, have my wife bring me a cup of coffee made the way I like it, and see them off to school.

One thing is certain. If you are unhappy at home, chances are you will be unhappy abroad. Women aren't the end all and don't make you happy. You make yourself happy. Women just add another dimension to the happiness.

Guys throw themselves off buildings because they're either mental, financially ruined, or a woman gave them something they've never had before and for whatever reason, took it away. For some, this is a bitter pill to swallow. I think the cases of police manufacturing suicide notes are few and far between. Most Thais could care less about some farang unless they have a large some of money on the line.

I came to Asia for the adventure. I like not know what's next. I like going places others fear or that are on a road less traveled.

I don't know about China. I've been there twice, once to Hui Li, and while it was interesting and cool for a few weeks, I wouldn't want to live there. I don't know much about the women there other than some are extremely attractive. There are great looking women here in Thailand though but the majority of places I could possibly live have hot women so that wouldn't be a factor.

The reason I left - I wanted more out of my life. I wanted to see more, do more, and experience more than just going to work every day and once or twice a year going on a short holiday.

Also - Thai language can be learned. Thailand becomes home. I rarely feel left out and if I do, it's usually because I want to be left out. The only downside of living in Thailand is YOU WILL NEVER BE THAI. Just the other day, for the first time since I moved here, I thought, "This will never, ever be my country." I never thought this way before because it didn't matter much. But now it's starting to and I'm considering my long-term options.
@Anamericaninbangkok, A most thoughtful observation and sage advice.

While I was in the military, I signed up for overseas assignments for the reasons you stated: wanted to see more, do more and experience something different (at Uncle Sam's expense, of course). Have done my tour of duty in the Philippines, Okinawa, Japan and Panama, I tried to keep an open and accepting mind about the country and tried to learn to love and respect the cultures, people, food and music. I found I LIKE Okinawa and Japan. In fact I was introduced to Buddhism there and found I like the philosophy. For some reason, I never warmed up to the Philippines or Panama or any other Latin American country....but to each his own.

While I was stationed in those countries, I've talked to long-time expats there and they have all told me the same: The language and customs can be learned until it's naturally ingrained, but YOU WILL ALWAYS BE VIEWED AS A GAIJIN, FARANG, KANO, GRINGO or whatever, and you'll never truly have the feeling that the country is MY COUNTRY."

For those reasons, I elected to return to the U.S. But here's the problem: During the past twenty years, I've watched the U.S. becoming a Third World country, not unlike the Philippines or Latin America, thus becoming more and more "foreign" to me. As I'm now in my mid-fifties, I'm having to reconsider my long term retirement options.
Bao3niang
Junior Poster

I don't agree HA is not for everyone

Post by Bao3niang »

I think everyone (at least every male) should take their chances. As long as you aren't too scared / brainwashed or too dumb, then by all means you should be seriously thinking about it.