Americans have all-or-nothing mentality

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
MattHanson1990
Junior Poster

Americans have all-or-nothing mentality

Post by MattHanson1990 »

The more time I've spent outside the US Matrix, the more I realize that Americans have black and white thinking. They were not conditioned to see any gray areas. Conditioning people with all or nothing thinking was designed to keep us in the box and not think outside the box. Also, the lifestyle in America does appear to be black and white, but in some places I've seen gray. Black and white thinking is especially prevalent in Americans who rarely/never travel. Based on observations during these past few months, I'm going to list some examples on how Americans were conditioned with this kind of thinking.

First thing that comes to mind is that Americans were taught to believe that there's only one way to live. And that is to go to school to memorize useless data that we don't use in the real world, slave away at your job, and buy useless junk. If it's not that, then you end up as a bum living on the streets. For instance, my dad told me that getting an IT job is the only way I'd live on my own and that there's no other path to do so. In a sense yes, but in a sense no. Yeah, getting an IT job would be ideal for living the American Nightmare. I am good with computers but I'd rather have a more fulfilling life instead of having a mind numbing routine where I'm tied to one location. And why stay in the US when it's clearly going down the toilet?

Secondly, Americans have absolute statements on what an adult has or does. In America, "adult" really translates to a soulless conformist machine. For example, that one bitch I finally got rid of in September 2014 said that a real adult has a car. And then my sister told me that an adult has a contract phone from Verizon Wireless. It's the keeping up with the Jones' mentality. As you see, Americans judge their lives on what useless junk they buy and how much income they make. Now, as I mentioned before, there is SOME truth to this, but this only applies when you're partaking in the American Nightmare.

Last but not least, people in the US Matrix were taught that America is "the world", and nothing beyond its borders is any different. They assume that people all over the world are the same as themselves. One might tell another that their family will be the only people in the world who will help them out if they hit rock bottom. And they'll also tell you that it's a cold cruel world out there. Americans also assume that the aforementioned examples above apply everywhere. However, anyone who's spent time abroad, even in Mexico, will notice that it is not true for the most part. But there are a few of America's problems that do happen overseas like corruption and crime since those problems have always been part of human history. However, more contemporary problems like human disconnection don't occur most places overseas.

So you see, the culture has conditioned us with this all or nothing way of thinking. And it does not allow us to think outside the box because in America, life is all about going from box to box and ending in a box. The more time a person spends time overseas, the more he or she realizes how black and white America is and that most of the world is gray. But American culture has these stereotypes on what a person is based on if they're being a conformist or not. America looks down on nonconformists and free spirits, and that's why those people like us are Happier Abroad. So don't listen to naysayers who tell you there's only one way to live life. Just vote with your feet and leave America.

Oh, and there's one thing I forgot. Another good example of America's black and white mentality is the stereotype about women overseas just wanting to use American men for a green card or US citizenship. In particular, American women will tell you this. And this is partly because they don't like to be compared to foreign women; it'll show them how selfish and low quality they are to their counterparts overseas. Plus, the news media caters to feminazis, white knights, and manginas.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Re: Americans have all-or-nothing mentality

Post by IraqVet2003 »

Matt, I like to add to your list that America's "black-or white" or "all or nothing mentality" extends to politics. The U.S. with it's two party system Democrats vs. Republicans (which I have come to think are two sides of the same coin) makes it hard if not impossible to vote for a decent candidate. Not to mention, you can barely run as an Independent, Green Party, etc.
Last edited by IraqVet2003 on April 7th, 2016, 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
IraqVet2003
Junior Poster

Post by IraqVet2003 »

MattHanson1990 wrote:The more time I've spent outside the US Matrix, the more I realize that Americans have black and white thinking. They were not conditioned to see any gray areas. Conditioning people with all or nothing thinking was designed to keep us in the box and not think outside the box. Also, the lifestyle in America does appear to be black and white, but in some places I've seen gray. Black and white thinking is especially prevalent in Americans who rarely/never travel. Based on observations during these past few months, I'm going to list some examples on how Americans were conditioned with this kind of thinking.

First thing that comes to mind is that Americans were taught to believe that there's only one way to live. And that is to go to school to memorize useless data that we don't use in the real world, slave away at your job, and buy useless junk. If it's not that, then you end up as a bum living on the streets. For instance, my dad told me that getting an IT job is the only way I'd live on my own and that there's no other path to do so. In a sense yes, but in a sense no. Yeah, getting an IT job would be ideal for living the American Nightmare. I am good with computers but I'd rather have a more fulfilling life instead of having a mind numbing routine where I'm tied to one location. And why stay in the US when it's clearly going down the toilet?

Secondly, Americans have absolute statements on what an adult has or does. In America, "adult" really translates to a soulless conformist machine. For example, that one bitch I finally got rid of in September 2014 said that a real adult has a car. And then my sister told me that an adult has a contract phone from Verizon Wireless. It's the keeping up with the Jones' mentality. As you see, Americans judge their lives on what useless junk they buy and how much income they make. Now, as I mentioned before, there is SOME truth to this, but this only applies when you're partaking in the American Nightmare.

Last but not least, people in the US Matrix were taught that America is "the world", and nothing beyond its borders is any different. They assume that people all over the world are the same as themselves. One might tell another that their family will be the only people in the world who will help them out if they hit rock bottom. And they'll also tell you that it's a cold cruel world out there. Americans also assume that the aforementioned examples above apply everywhere. However, anyone who's spent time abroad, even in Mexico, will notice that it is not true for the most part. But there are a few of America's problems that do happen overseas like corruption and crime since those problems have always been part of human history. However, more contemporary problems like human disconnection don't occur most places overseas.

So you see, the culture has conditioned us with this all or nothing way of thinking. And it does not allow us to think outside the box because in America, life is all about going from box to box and ending in a box. The more time a person spends time overseas, the more he or she realizes how black and white America is and that most of the world is gray. But American culture has these stereotypes on what a person is based on if they're being a conformist or not. America looks down on nonconformists and free spirits, and that's why those people like us are Happier Abroad. So don't listen to naysayers who tell you there's only one way to live life. Just vote with your feet and leave America.

Oh, and there's one thing I forgot. Another good example of America's black and white mentality is the stereotype about women overseas just wanting to use American men for a green card or US citizenship. In particular, American women will tell you this. And this is partly because they don't like to be compared to foreign women; it'll show them how selfish and low quality they are to their counterparts overseas. Plus, the news media caters to feminazis, white knights, and manginas.
Great post!!!
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Good post! I've heard that this is also a narcissistic trait (they see themselves as "THE VERY BEST" or "THE VERY WORST" & there's no concept of anything else). I think a major part of the "conformism" here & the disdain for more or less anything that's not is a part of that. They either feel snubbed that someone isn't doing exactly or almost like what they're inclined toward or they feel like someone is going to "steal their spotlight" by doing the "approved thing." Can't be right, though- since agreement equals defeat to them or nothing's good enough for them. Certainly they're not going to act like you're their equal. So it's kind of chasing a mirage to begin with.

It seems quite a bit has to do with Puritanical bullshit from hundreds of years ago. As I understand it, the Puritans were the Christian version of Wahhabism. These were NOT quite the "free birds" that people picture the "American Founding Fathers" as. It actually seems those were more the "Hillbillies" that oddly enough are looked down on today at the same time as being exactly the people that the general population would champion for their "guerrilla fighting" & "patriotism." Everyone loves a "gun nut" when it looks like the government employees are going to act like nutcases with their guns- ever notice that?

These were arrogant lunatics that nothing was ever good enough for, that's why everything was a sin to them. They had "zero tolerance policies" with all kinds of shit & felt superior to whoever they were going after. It seems they made themselves the trash of the New World & wrote history as it suited them from there. Having a "live to work" mentality was one of their things, too. They seem to have thought that work was God's appointed mission for you in life & that it would bring you salvation, as well as thinking that enjoyment was a sin. So if you weren't working, you were deviating from God's mission AND might just be up to enjoyment. Sounds like the undercurrent of this country, doesn't it? No one outright says that the guy going to the liquor store is worse than the guy going to the book store, but the demeanor is there- so are the knee-jerk assessments & all the actions based on that foundation.

When someone "pings" on a cliche, they are usually too lazy to revamp their assessment of the situation or too arrogant to catch their own mistakes- f**k whoever it impacts. They believe so heavily in the concept that terrorists are out to get them, but don't consider anything outside of an Arab with a bomb to be that kind of influence. As such, they have cases of cops killing little kids when they break into the wrong house & people scrambling to act like a defense attorney for the same person that might just kill them next. It's weird that it doesn't bother them, since nearly everything is seen as a crime or in the "worst-case scenario"- sometimes in stark contrast to what actually happens (like thinking "What if a bad guy did that?" when someone did something that would have been an injustice in a totally different situation with different conditions).
E Irizarry R&B Singer
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by E Irizarry R&B Singer »

THe same thing applies when Americans think that every Mixed Race person with one itsy bitsy spider one drop of blood is all Black American. #onedroprule I know.
It's an old adage of slavery so that the Whites could stay "pure" and on top of the non-White slave owners. Sadly, it's practiced by Americans today.
starchild5
Veteran Poster

Post by starchild5 »

You described 90% of humanity
Eric
Experienced Poster

Post by Eric »

Wolfeye wrote:Good post! I've heard that this is also a narcissistic trait (they see themselves as "THE VERY BEST" or "THE VERY WORST" & there's no concept of anything else). I think a major part of the "conformism" here & the disdain for more or less anything that's not is a part of that. They either feel snubbed that someone isn't doing exactly or almost like what they're inclined toward or they feel like someone is going to "steal their spotlight" by doing the "approved thing." Can't be right, though- since agreement equals defeat to them or nothing's good enough for them. Certainly they're not going to act like you're their equal. So it's kind of chasing a mirage to begin with.

It seems quite a bit has to do with Puritanical bullshit from hundreds of years ago. As I understand it, the Puritans were the Christian version of Wahhabism. These were NOT quite the "free birds" that people picture the "American Founding Fathers" as. It actually seems those were more the "Hillbillies" that oddly enough are looked down on today at the same time as being exactly the people that the general population would champion for their "guerrilla fighting" & "patriotism." Everyone loves a "gun nut" when it looks like the government employees are going to act like nutcases with their guns- ever notice that?

These were arrogant lunatics that nothing was ever good enough for, that's why everything was a sin to them. They had "zero tolerance policies" with all kinds of shit & felt superior to whoever they were going after. It seems they made themselves the trash of the New World & wrote history as it suited them from there. Having a "live to work" mentality was one of their things, too. They seem to have thought that work was God's appointed mission for you in life & that it would bring you salvation, as well as thinking that enjoyment was a sin. So if you weren't working, you were deviating from God's mission AND might just be up to enjoyment. Sounds like the undercurrent of this country, doesn't it? No one outright says that the guy going to the liquor store is worse than the guy going to the book store, but the demeanor is there- so are the knee-jerk assessments & all the actions based on that foundation.

When someone "pings" on a cliche, they are usually too lazy to revamp their assessment of the situation or too arrogant to catch their own mistakes- f**k whoever it impacts. They believe so heavily in the concept that terrorists are out to get them, but don't consider anything outside of an Arab with a bomb to be that kind of influence. As such, they have cases of cops killing little kids when they break into the wrong house & people scrambling to act like a defense attorney for the same person that might just kill them next. It's weird that it doesn't bother them, since nearly everything is seen as a crime or in the "worst-case scenario"- sometimes in stark contrast to what actually happens (like thinking "What if a bad guy did that?" when someone did something that would have been an injustice in a totally different situation with different conditions).

These people were so bad that England kicked them out to "inhabit" the new world. No one could stand them. They weren't infact kicked out - but used as work dogs for building the new world. By that time - the English monarch had already been subverted and infiltrated by banking/ secret Religious (Jewish) interests, think (Renaissance...liberalism) - by Rothchild. The Queen of England even convinced herself she was Jewish, and this "English snobbery" and imperialism, which is actually hidden Jewish imperialism which the British are known for, was a millenia long influence of the English people living side by side with a large Jewish population.
The Puritans were used for the purpose of building the New World because that's what they did - they lived to work. That's why they were sent by the English government to do it's bidding in setting up the "New World Order". Ever thought of it that way?
Thank God my family is 4th generation Polish/Slavic & Irish American - imports to this country and not of that original Puritan stock.

Americans have been anti-intellectual and hard-working from the start.
That's why we can be manipulated so easily with Patriotism and work ferver. It's why the industries flourished here, it's why they were all set up here; and people were given the new "American Dream" of working in factories or for large companies and they even let us develop - for a while - a middle class, but even that was hellish. It was full of cut throat competition, laborious work and the manipulations of the American public.
The first thing you can feel when walking into America is the 'manipulation', at least I do. It is not a good feeling. The lies and self-deceptions pile on shortly after.

England still runs everything today.
Misery and happiness are only states of mind.
Wolfeye
Experienced Poster

Post by Wolfeye »

Eric: Good points! Someone that's already looking to do the same shit that someone else wants would be a more ideal pawn. I think there's also the concept of being "in hock" about life in general. Like they are already on thin ice to begin with or they deserve "both barrels" at all times. Part of that seems like a degree of arrogant false humility.
kangarunner
Experienced Poster

Post by kangarunner »

MattHanson1990 wrote:
April 7th, 2016, 5:26 pm
The more time I've spent outside the US Matrix, the more I realize that Americans have black and white thinking. They were not conditioned to see any gray areas. Conditioning people with all or nothing thinking was designed to keep us in the box and not think outside the box. Also, the lifestyle in America does appear to be black and white, but in some places I've seen gray. Black and white thinking is especially prevalent in Americans who rarely/never travel. Based on observations during these past few months, I'm going to list some examples on how Americans were conditioned with this kind of thinking.

This is a great post from Master Hanson. Yes, there is a huge eye-opening realization that happens when you finally leave that shithole and look back at it from afar.
MattHanson1990 wrote:
April 7th, 2016, 5:26 pm
Master Hanson, one thing about this is that Americans who have never left that prison state have no context from which to view other, alternative ways of living. They only know what America has shown them their entire lives. And by the time they're 40, it's too late for them to change their outlook.

The one thing I have that most Americans don't is being open-minded. Most Americans are close-minded in their narrow, tunnel vision of what they see in the rat race. It's like being in a tunnel your entire life and not seeing what's outside the tunnel.

Master Hanson, you wrote this post in 2016. It's 8 years later and America's prison institution has gotten even worse, not better.

Americans value their own self worth and self esteem based on their money.

As soon as I left that country, people were smiling brightly and walked happy everywhere. It was shocking at first to see it. I had been used to seeing so many haggard, serious looking faces for so long in America.

Thank you Master Hanson.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FNHSiPFtvA

Big booty hunter. I'm out hunting for the booty.