If we made lists for Single Straight men, which places would come out on top?

What's your story? Discussions your reasons for going abroad.
Archibault
Freshman Poster

If we made lists for Single Straight men, which places would come out on top?

Post by Archibault »

Hey guys,
I saw most lists are targeted towards young families. I wonder what about single straight men. Which countries would come out on top?
jerryrigged
Freshman Poster

Re: If we made lists for Single Straight men, which places would come out on top?

Post by jerryrigged »

Archibault wrote: ↑
August 28th, 2021, 8:50 am
Hey guys,
I saw most lists are targeted towards young families. I wonder what about single straight men. Which countries would come out on top?
The problem is that many of the countries that are great to meet lifetime partners or just have fun in have serious problems (crime, instability, crazy governments, poverty). Then if you take the woman out of there and she is exposed to Western culture, they become assimilated quickly. Then you lose what you went there to find in a partner often times. If you can put up with the "shit" in more traditional countries, I'd instantly say:

1. Phils
2. Cambodia
3. Indonesia
4. Belarus
5. Vietnam
6. Mexico

Basically in that order... The rest of the countries the women just aren't worth it, in my opinion, and thats mostly because of their rotten attitudes and incompatible cultures with Western men in my opinion. There may be a few other goodies that I left out but those are 6 that come to my mind anyways.

GO TO THAILAND only to have fun and appreciate it for what it is... IT IS NOT GENERALLY a good place to find a WIFE.... I lived there and I can count on 1 hand the amount of "true happy marriages" I knew personally among Thai-Farang...
Sometimes a single moment of madness can last a lifetime

"Close mind genus more dangrous than 10,000 dumwits" - Spencer
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: If we made lists for Single Straight men, which places would come out on top?

Post by Yohan »

Hey guys,
I think this question is too general to give a good answer. It's about what is the intention of this straight man, from which country is he? How is his financial situation, is he able to work for a living in that country - can he find a job there, what about visa long stay permit/working permit, his age is also a criteria etc.

It really depends on the individual, what fits me personally might rather not fit other men....
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

Is anywhere in 2021 really good for girls with the maximum age of college girls (22 or 23)?

I don't really think it is easy to get a girl anywhere.

Maybe an infertile hag with wrinkles and weight, or maybe a single mom (more incentive to want a provider) but I can't imagine any attractive girl would be easy.

I went to parks for two weeks nearly everyday and rarely saw a girl or girls under age 23, and even under age 30. I became tired because if it were Europe there would be many girls at a park. But I guess in the Western Hemisphere, girls don't really go to parks?
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king πŸ‘‘
Tsar
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Tsar »

jerryrigged wrote: ↑
September 13th, 2021, 3:31 pm
Hey guys,
The problem is that many of the countries that are great to meet lifetime partners or just have fun in have serious problems (crime, instability, crazy governments, poverty). Then if you take the woman out of there and she is exposed to Western culture, they become assimilated quickly. Then you lose what you went there to find in a partner often times. If you can put up with the "shit" in more traditional countries, I'd instantly say:

1. Phils
2. Cambodia
3. Indonesia
4. Belarus
5. Vietnam
6. Mexico

Basically in that order... The rest of the countries the women just aren't worth it, in my opinion, and thats mostly because of their rotten attitudes and incompatible cultures with Western men in my opinion. There may be a few other goodies that I left out but those are 6 that come to my mind anyways.

GO TO THAILAND only to have fun and appreciate it for what it is... IT IS NOT GENERALLY a good place to find a WIFE.... I lived there and I can count on 1 hand the amount of "true happy marriages" I knew personally among Thai-Farang...
What makes Belarus better than Russia? Shouldn't Novosibirsk to Vladivostok be better than Belarus?

Also, people on the forum said Vietnamese parents want to decide who they marry and a foreigner usually isn't one of the people that a Vietnamese girl's parents want her marrying. Were those forum members incorrect or was it accurate?
I'm a visionary and a philosopher king πŸ‘‘
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

I agree with you, same impression.

I am visiting Thailand since more than 30 years, often more than two or three times a year. Easy access from Japan. I have my own rooms in Pattaya/Jomtien - Vacation only, and surely not with the intention to work there anything or to look for a girlfriend. Just relax, swimming, no winter season, sometimes family members come with me or friends visiting me coming from Europe, sometimes not.

I do not have any personal relationship with Thai people, but what I have seen so far to look for marriage/wife is not very encouraging.
Not a place for a straight Western male foreigner to look out for a long-term relationship and especially not in case the foreign man takes the girl out of her country or is unable/unwilling to stay in Thailand for long-term.
Archibault
Freshman Poster

Post by Archibault »

Yohan wrote: ↑
September 19th, 2021, 4:38 am
Hey guys,
I think this question is too general to give a good answer. It's about what is the intention of this straight man, from which country is he? How is his financial situation, is he able to work for a living in that country - can he find a job there, what about visa long stay permit/working permit, his age is also a criteria etc.

It really depends on the individual, what fits me personally might rather not fit other men....
You're overthinking it my friend. Let's assume a Western country, middle class, can work from online, relatively young. Like most of PUA's followers.
yick
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by yick »

September 20th, 2021, 6:35 am
September 19th, 2021, 4:38 am
Hey guys,

You're overthinking it my friend. Let's assume a Western country, middle class, can work from online, relatively young. Like most of PUA's followers.
He isn't really... you have that pesky work visa thing that lets you open a bank account, rent a place without getting ripped off, have legal rights and the ability to use the courts - try going to the police when you are an overstayer if someone commits a crime against you, consumer rights and of course - you can work online but you have to leave every 90 days and in a lot of coutiries, you can only do 90 out of every 180 days and a lot of places strictly enforce it...

So @Yohan isn't 'overthinking' it at all, he has a realistic grip on the situation and is one of the few posters here who knows what he is talking about.
Gali
Junior Poster

Post by Gali »

Colombia, Medellin, Vietnam, Cambodia

https://tourismteacher.com/sex-tourism-countries/

lol. Spain?
jerryrigged
Freshman Poster

Post by jerryrigged »

Tsar wrote: ↑
September 19th, 2021, 5:17 am
Hey guys,

1. Phils
2. Cambodia
3. Indonesia
4. Belarus
5. Vietnam
6. Mexico

What makes Belarus better than Russia? Shouldn't Novosibirsk to Vladivostok be better than Belarus?

Also, people on the forum said Vietnamese parents want to decide who they marry and a foreigner usually isn't one of the people that a Vietnamese girl's parents want her marrying. Were those forum members incorrect or was it accurate?
Belarus is cheaper, more friendly, and the women there are just generally less stuck up tbh. My understanding is its an easier place to stay long term, too. However, I think that Belarus is in the process of being legally annexed by Russia, so I don't expect this to last for very much longer.

Vietnamese people are like most Southeast Asians. When they see that you can provide for their daughter (and them) much better than a local guy could, you'll be taken in with wide open arms. Viet girls are just a lot less headache than Thai women. Just be prepared to take care of papa.

jerryrigged
Freshman Poster

Post by jerryrigged »

September 19th, 2021, 5:22 am
I agree with you, same impression.

I am visiting Thailand since more than 30 years, often more than two or three times a year. Easy access from Japan. I have my own rooms in Pattaya/Jomtien - Vacation only, and surely not with the intention to work there anything or to look for a girlfriend. Just relax, swimming, no winter season, sometimes family members come with me or friends visiting me coming from Europe, sometimes not.

I do not have any personal relationship with Thai people, but what I have seen so far to look for marriage/wife is not very encouraging.
Not a place for a straight Western male foreigner to look out for a long-term relationship and especially not in case the foreign man takes the girl out of her country or is unable/unwilling to stay in Thailand for long-term.
Its difficult enough as it is even if you do stay in Thailand. My friend just found a sock with like 800k baht in his closet in Korat. The wife was funnelling it out of the ATM machines for the last few years. "I needed to save it in case we ever had a problem!" ... "But we HAVE A SAVINGS ACCOUNT!!!" ... Yeah I don't expect this to end well. Now he is hiring a private eye to find out if all of the guys she says are her cousins and uncles really are who they say they are. And this is a girl with a university education who was working in a white collar job. You just can't make this stuff up.

Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

yick wrote: ↑
September 20th, 2021, 6:39 am
September 20th, 2021, 6:35 am
He isn't really... you have that pesky work visa thing that lets you open a bank account, rent a place without getting ripped off, have legal rights and the ability to use the courts - try going to the police when you are an overstayer if someone commits a crime against you, consumer rights and of course - you can work online but you have to leave every 90 days and in a lot of coutiries, you can only do 90 out of every 180 days and a lot of places strictly enforce it...

So @Yohan isn't 'overthinking' it at all, he has a realistic grip on the situation and is one of the few posters here who knows what he is talking about.
@yick

Thanks for your comment, as a fact to visit some foreign countries as a tourist and stay there for a few weeks or months is clearly not the same as long-term relocation to another nation.

There are plenty of Western men who tried international relocation, but were running out of money, facing visa restrictions, no way to earn money and finally found themselves on an airplane direction from where they came from.

As you correcty said, you need first of all a long-term visa permit to think about to settle down outside of your own country and this is not always easy.

We did not mention for example medical insurance, as a tourist you still can use for minor medical assistance your credit card travel insurance or sign up for short time travel insurance etc. but not possible to do this while staying abroad over years.

Of course other restrictions are many for tourists, from opening a banking account, allowed to apply for a local driving permit (international driving licence will expire within one year), qualification to apply for a working permit (difficult in countries like Thailand to get and hardly good jobs for foreigners anyway), register an address as your permanent home (who can live in a hotel for always and get out over the border every 90 days), buying your own home, even not to register your own electric meter and water supply and so on and so on....In many Asian countries be aware that Asian languages are not easy at all, so what kind of job can you really do....

Yes, you need legal documents for long-stay.

To run out of money and time is a major concern - no money you are gone and doing overstay - be warned - makes everything worse and is no solution!

----

About myself, it was not that difficult. I could read a lot of Chinese and speak some Japanese already before arriving in Japan (working in a travel agency in Austria, was living among Chinese in Malaysia), and as a German native speaker it took me only 3 days after arrival in Japan to find a job in a small import company (about 15 employees) dealing with used cars+motorcycles/parts/accessory mainly from Germany and the owner was looking for a native German speaker for correspondence and phone conversation. I was really working just a few days after my arrival in Japan and got soon working visa status, national health insurance, local driving licence...At that time a Japanese spouse visa did not exist, I was always on working visa. -

Later on I was able to change for better jobs to some international organizations (I can speak also English and French), took 2 exams in a public Japanese university about Japanese language (basic and advanced) and also passed a technical qualification (still holding my technician certificate, which requires additional exams every 5 years) - after 3 years I was already qualified for Japanese permanent resident status for life, no restrictions except voting rights (I don't need that).

I am now retired, with good retirement allowance from my work with European related organizations, I continue to live in Japan and do not consider to return to Europe. My family are all Japan related and I do not have anything in my native country in Europe.

I understand however that not everybody can do what I did and how I did it. It really depends on the individual, his circumstances, his age, educational background, country of destination, his financial situation and so on.
Yohan
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Yohan »

September 20th, 2021, 1:05 pm
Its difficult enough as it is even if you do stay in Thailand. My friend just found a sock with like 800k baht in his closet in Korat. The wife was funnelling it out of the ATM machines for the last few years. "I needed to save it in case we ever had a problem!" ... "But we HAVE A SAVINGS ACCOUNT!!!" ... Yeah I don't expect this to end well. Now he is hiring a private eye to find out if all of the guys she says are her cousins and uncles really are who they say they are. And this is a girl with a university education who was working in a white collar job. You just can't make this stuff up.
Thailand has a fairly high female prison population for good reason and many Thai women are morally rotten with no shame.

I can tell you plenty of stories I know about Western men and Thai women which went totally wrong, and it was not the fault of the foreign man.
They were badly cheated, but why do you sign documents about buying land and houses you cannot read and why do you trust bargirls and their rural families, but reject consultation with educated staff who will work on your behalf in law and accounting offices?

I do not always blame the Thai women - many foreign men in Thailand are acting like idiots - so-called 'yellow fever'.
It is hopeless, you warn such men and they even get angry with you.

I need only to think about some of foreigners I met personally near my home and their stories,

For example, this lovely innocent bargirl moves into this 'rich' foreigner's home - he is my only love - and after a few weeks of good life she asks him to buy her a motorcycle, not such a cheap one for baht 70.000,-, what he did.
The following week the motorcycle was gone, stolen she said, but the CCTV camera in his condo building shows a different picture.
The truth was that she contacted a pawn shop which took over the brand new motorcycle in the parking lot of the building. She took the money for herself and after a quarrel with her great foreign boyfriend she disappeared, never seen again.

How can you be so crazy, to buy this motorcycle on HER name and give her even the owner's book? A person who know only by her nickname?

----

Another story about a man living in the same condo building as I do. - He introduced his not so young, not so pretty girlfriend to me, she could speak really good English, but the way she was looking around made me mistrusting, just I got a bad feeling, I don't know why. She turned out to be a drug abuser, got her tantrum, smashing all furniture in his home and he had to ask police for assistance to remove her.

When I came back to Thailand a few months later I was surprised to see her again with him. He told me she came back so tearfully, asking for forgiveness, telling him she will never be like that again, please accept me you can do with me whatever you want but let me stay with you...love you - and this idiot MARRIED this woman and another year later divorced, after attacking him in her drug dreams, furniture smashed again and some money also gone...

It was still a much cheaper divorce than in Europe or in the USA he said to me, he also admitted for the first time he made a 'mistake'.

----

Let me add another story, a guy from Germany, he sold everything in his country, 53 years old, and arrived in Thailand with not so little money, around 47 million baht.

He was thinking this is by far enough for the rest of his life. I told him, my calculation is not so optimistic, but it is not impossible either - but only IF you are very careful with money. Consider your life up to 85, consider to buy a nice condominium unit not over 3 million baht, consider medical fees, private health insurances and such expenses and NEVER spend more than baht 100.000 /max. baht 120.000,- per month. Consider a simple motorcycle or maybe a cheap small car...

Guess what? 15 months only and he was almost bankrupt, (but still had a few million baht left in his Thai banking account but by far not enough for the rest of his life) he decided to move back to his own country, looking for a taxi driver job as he still has a real chance for a good retirement allowance in Germany when 66 years old. He told me he paid for retirement allowance in Germany since he was starting to work around 22 years old up to 53. A lot of years, he is optimistic to come again.

I saw him once with a stunning beautiful woman, and he told me later this whore stayed with him for (only!) baht 5000,- per day/night, with her around every night in expensive restaurants and nightclubs with high charges for alcohol, he rented an expensive car, renting also a large fully furnished condo unit of 250m2 in prime location. (everything is so cheap here compared to Germany) - I could not believe he spent more than 2 million baht per month

He was not even cheated by women, he was unable to control his own spending and he is not a single case. Yes, yellow-fever....
jerryrigged
Freshman Poster

Post by jerryrigged »

September 23rd, 2021, 12:09 am

He was not even cheated by women, he was unable to control his own spending and he is not a single case. Yes, yellow-fever....
For some reason this comment was "shadowbanned" of sorts and I just now started reading it and seeing it. Sorry about that. I have no idea why I didnt get an indication.

This sounds like literally every story I know of. In fact, these actually have HAPPY endings, because nobody died. Sometimes, this is not the case, and people die. Sometimes the farang. Sometimes the farang and his Thai companion in murder/suicide. Sometimes he just gets so tired of the Thai girl he offs her. What it is, I think, is that there seems to be a "surplus" of single white males in the West complete with disposable income. They arrive in Thailand where they are suddenly a hot commodity, in fact, a walking ATM machine, and things change. They fail to understand that all of the charm and the smiles and the flirtatious behavior all disappears very quickly when you take money out of the scenario. "No money no honey". Some get abused again and again by this system and never learn. They run out of money, get short on honey, go back West to get MORE money, bring it back with them, get bled out like a stuck pig again, only to return wounded and broken in a short time. Thailand is a great place to live cheaply especially if you are willing to go totally native. When things are up and running like they were without covid, your social life can really soar and take off in ways that may be unaffordable or difficult back home. However very few farang are truly masters of their own domain. The ones who are, though, often live almost like Gods to be envied. I can't say that I have 100% control of my faculties at every given moment. However, I do know that I'll never be scammed easily in Thailand again. The Thai people recognize that in me and respect that. They know they arent dealing with any green player. Reaching this level of "street cred" with the locals is crucial to surviving and thriving over there I think...

zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

Thailand is the wrong place to find a wife; most Thai women are gold-diggers to the extreme. ...

As for Vietnam (and China), as Jerryrigged mentioned, be prepared to take care of the whole family. If that's too much for you, you're better off looking elsewhere. The parents will test you to see how responsible and how financially capable you are to them. Otherwise, those places are decent options.