Why are Asian Americans so white washed?

For Asian Americans to discuss Asian American issues and topics.
Robert77
Freshman Poster

Why are Asian Americans so white washed?

Post by Robert77 »

Ive lived in Asia and I also know plenty of Asians from europe and latin america and never have I found a more self hating pityful people than asian americans.....

the asians i met in asia were totally comfortable within their own skin...... asian latinos and euro asians were also very laid back, very open..... but as soon as u interact with asian americans u realize that if they;re women, then they're desperately searching for a white man and if they're men they're desperately searching for white women..... it annoys me because it comes across as quite pathetic, quite lacking in self steem

also from the diaspora, the most ignorant asians ive met, take a look at the tiger mom amy chau, writing books about the chinese way of raising kids all stern and money driven.... it sparkled controvery in china because chinese dont raise their kids that way.... ITS ASIAN AMERICANS WHO DO THAT AND THEY DO IT OUTTA THE STEREOTYPE WHITES HAVE TOWARDS THEM.

it's very annoying to be back in america and meet asian women who just want to be with you simply because i am white.....

i have to say asian americans are a pityful bunch
World traveler, questions about women from a certain country? Ask!!! I can help
ladislav
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by ladislav »

I have met Korean Brazilians and these were friendly and laid back people. They were, well, Brazilians. But they liked living in the US and being in the US because of how organized it was. Strange.
As far as them being high strung and all, I think everyone in the US is like that- very racially conscious and confused because the country does not let you be part of it but instead gives you a confusing identity that does not make sense, and then emphacizes its importance as if that is the only thing you are. That makes people neurotic and makes them forever agonize over who and what they are and they can't find an appropriate answer since one does not exist- the system is designed to keep you in a state of identity crisis and confusion.
but as soon as u interact with asian americans u realize that if they;re women, then they're desperately searching for a white man and if they're men they're desperately searching for white women.....
Huh? Where is that happening? Not in CA, not in NY. Maybe some Japanese exchange students over 27/30 years old have that white dream but local Asian girls - American born and raised often snub white guys and tell them that they only date Asian men. Nasty-like.
A brain is a terrible thing to wash!
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: why are Asian americans so white washed?

Post by zboy1 »

Robert77 wrote:Ive lived in Asia and I also know plenty of Asians from europe and latin america and never have I found a more self hating pityful people than asian americans.....

the asians i met in asia were totally comfortable within their own skin...... asian latinos and euro asians were also very laid back, very open..... but as soon as u interact with asian americans u realize that if they;re women, then they're desperately searching for a white man and if they're men they're desperately searching for white women..... it annoys me because it comes across as quite pathetic, quite lacking in self steem

also from the diaspora, the most ignorant asians ive met, take a look at the tiger mom amy chau, writing books about the chinese way of raising kids all stern and money driven.... it sparkled controvery in china because chinese dont raise their kids that way.... ITS ASIAN AMERICANS WHO DO THAT AND THEY DO IT OUTTA THE STEREOTYPE WHITES HAVE TOWARDS THEM.

it's very annoying to be back in america and meet asian women who just want to be with you simply because i am white.....

I know right! I've asked this particular question many times on some other forums, and I can never get a straight answer back from anyone. I also notice how White-washed and self-hating Asians living in Anglo countries can be. My reasoning is that racism--especially in the Anglo countries due to White racism--is the main cause of this self-loathing. Asians living in Europe, Latin America, and Asia tend to be much more confident and not race obsessed as their Anglo Asian counterparts.
Last edited by zboy1 on October 22nd, 2012, 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

ladislav wrote:I have met Korean Brazilians and these were friendly and laid back people. They were, well, Brazilians. But they liked living in the US and being in the US because of how organized it was. Strange.
As far as them being high strung and all, I think everyone in the US is like that- very racially conscious and confused because the country does not let you be part of it but instead gives you a confusing identity that does not make sense, and then emphacizes its importance as if that is the only thing you are. That makes people neurotic and makes them forever agonize over who and what they are and they can't find an appropriate answer since one does not exist- the system is designed to keep you in a state of identity crisis and confusion.
but as soon as u interact with asian americans u realize that if they;re women, then they're desperately searching for a white man and if they're men they're desperately searching for white women.....
Huh? Where is that happening? Not in CA, not in NY. Maybe some Japanese exchange students over 27/30 years old have that white dream but local Asian girls - American born and raised often snub white guys and tell them that they only date Asian men. Nasty-like.
Well, the Asian women living in cities with large Asian populations tend to be more racially aware and comfortable in their own skin than those living in majority white towns. On the other hand, you still see this self-loathing and hatred among Asian American women and men that make me want to vomit!

Here is a blog post about growing up Asian American in the U.S. and the self-loathing that exists in the community:

Growing up Asian American
http://abagond.wordpress.com/2009/08/21 ... -american/

Korean adoptees
http://abagond.wordpress.com/2008/07/10 ... -adoptees/

targetguy
Freshman Poster

usa laws

Post by targetguy »

8) I think the main reason many would like a white husband or american is simply because of the laws here for child support alimony etc. If that same asian gal lived in asia she knows there is no child support no alimony and not much but illegitimate children if things dont work out and no support. the ones that have lived here a while know the laws and that is why white husbands or american are sought after. If the usa guy has no job or not a lot of income he will be dropped like a hot potato. The laws here are way out of line for divorced fathers.
no scammers
terminator
Junior Poster

Re: usa laws

Post by terminator »

targetguy wrote:8) I think the main reason many would like a white husband or american is simply because of the laws here for child support alimony etc. If that same asian gal lived in asia she knows there is no child support no alimony and not much but illegitimate children if things dont work out and no support. the ones that have lived here a while know the laws and that is why white husbands or american are sought after. If the usa guy has no job or not a lot of income he will be dropped like a hot potato. The laws here are way out of line for divorced fathers.
+1 and the laws are going to get much worse - e.g. you're behind in child support - now you can no longer work! It's coming and the manginas will agree they should starve to death as they are behind in payments...
Dragon
Junior Poster

Re: Why are Asian Americans so white washed?

Post by Dragon »

Robert77 wrote:Ive lived in Asia and I also know plenty of Asians from europe and latin america and never have I found a more self hating pityful people than asian americans.....

Asian-american reporting in. I think this is more of a regional thing. There's a inverse relationship between the size of the local population of Asians and the amount of white washed any particular Asian is. Here in California, where there is a lot of Asians, you don't see much of white-washed Asians. If you're one of only a few Asians and lived in f***ing nowhere USA surrounded by whites your entire life, you will tend not to have an Asian identity.

Compound that with the fact that Asians, especially Asian males, are treated as second-class "sexual beings." It doesn't matter statistically if we get into good universities and have relatively high incomes...which the media generally acknowledges. In this country, doing well means nothing if you're seen as a neutered male. Small penis and weakling jokes abound. This is why a lot of Asian females are attracted to white males. You go for what is viewed as the best in your society. As you can see, this doesn't help Asians and it's either adapt or die.

I don't know about others, but women like Amy Chau are viewed as traitors, at least among my circle of friends. I hope she dies a horrific AIDS related death.
Falcon
Experienced Poster

Post by Falcon »

Dragon wrote:Here in California, where there is a lot of Asians, you don't see much of white-washed Asians. If you're one of only a few Asians and lived in f***ing nowhere USA surrounded by whites your entire life, you will tend not to have an Asian identity.
I would disagree. In California, Asian Americans can be annoyingly white-washed even in suburbs that are mostly Asian. They might call themselves "AZN," but would not be able to speak their mother tongues well.

Mexican-American kids are more resistant to being white-washed and tend to speak Spanish well (though this isn't always the case).
celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

You also have to consider that they have to adjust to the majority white European culture and have to learn to fit in. Conversely, when people don't adjust they are closed off from the rest of society. For example, I don't think my parents ever had any non-asian friends and still don't to this very day.

And i remember an (asian) guy locally who couldn't stop talking about California and counted down the days until he could go back to California. Now granted California is an awesome place and a great place if you are Asian.....
Contrarian Expatriate
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Contrarian Expatriate »

Dragon wrote:
Robert77 wrote: Compound that with the fact that Asians, especially Asian males, are treated as second-class "sexual beings." It doesn't matter statistically if we get into good universities and have relatively high incomes...which the media generally acknowledges. In this country, doing well means nothing if you're seen as a neutered male. Small penis and weakling jokes abound. This is why a lot of Asian females are attracted to white males. You go for what is viewed as the best in your society. As you can see, this doesn't help Asians and it's either adapt or die.
Mainstream society wants to portray the Asian Male as a male-light, but in fact, Asian men tend to be very masculine. The problem is the larger culture ignores Asian male martial arts tradition, warrior tradition, and leadership tradition.

Asian men even overcompensate in terms of assuming the provider and protector role, yet still they are marginalized in America.

Several years back, there was a spate of Angry Asian Male killings and suicides. I'm glad that this has subsided, but it was a symptom of the frustration these guys were experiencing with this unrewarding system.

I hope Asian American men consider true Asian women again so their toils and manhood would be appreciated.
Dragon
Junior Poster

Post by Dragon »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Dragon wrote:
Robert77 wrote: Compound that with the fact that Asians, especially Asian males, are treated as second-class "sexual beings." It doesn't matter statistically if we get into good universities and have relatively high incomes...which the media generally acknowledges. In this country, doing well means nothing if you're seen as a neutered male. Small penis and weakling jokes abound. This is why a lot of Asian females are attracted to white males. You go for what is viewed as the best in your society. As you can see, this doesn't help Asians and it's either adapt or die.
Mainstream society wants to portray the Asian Male as a male-light, but in fact, Asian men tend to be very masculine. The problem is the larger culture ignores Asian male martial arts tradition, warrior tradition, and leadership tradition.

Asian men even overcompensate in terms of assuming the provider and protector role, yet still they are marginalized in America.

Several years back, there was a spate of Angry Asian Male killings and suicides. I'm glad that this has subsided, but it was a symptom of the frustration these guys were experiencing with this unrewarding system.

I hope Asian American men consider true Asian women again so their toils and manhood would be appreciated.
I try to spread the word that love can be found easier abroad than at home to my fellow Asian friends. I've already convinced at one person, using the very same arguments that are found on this site.
bababui
Freshman Poster

Post by bababui »

asian americans are white washed because if they werent they wouldnt be in america. in order to emigrate to america, you need alot of things, money, skills, education, and all kinds of barriers. so for you to get to america requires a lot of work. if you didnt idolise americans, then you wouldnt go through the trouble of immigrating, usually. some people go to america just for the money, but alot of asians also have this idea that white people are god like. once theyre in america, theyre going to try to live this fantasy that they envisioned in their home country. once these people have kids, theyre not going to differ much from their parents, and continue the white-o-phile lifestyles. theres also quite a few asian americans who are anti american. you wont run into these guys in america because theyve left. i've seen these guys who had fairly high positions in their home countries, and then they went to america, and people treated them like garbage, so they went back and held a grudge. these are the types that wont likely be white washed, but they certainly exist. another thing to consider is that most asian americans come from white mans puppet states, ie taiwan, hong kong, japan, south korea, japan. although they have their own government, they are essentially installed by their white masters to carry out an agenda, usually a pro-white agenda, and usually at the expense of Asian harmony. one example, that i can think of is chang kai shek. and if you pay attention to the japanese "democracy", you'll notice that the u.s keeps replacing their prime ministers until they get one that they approve of. if you have a pro-white leadership, obviously everything below will follow. hong kong's another example, a while ago, they tried to do a patriotic education program, but the british mobilised their rent-a-mob, and sent thousands of people on the street to protest. the result is that you will get a continued colonial mentality, meaning you are below white people. even though hong kong has returned to China, the power still rests in the hands of the british more than "communist China". youre not likely to find anyone from taiwan showing up in america and saying "im proud to be Chinese", because that doesnt fit the agenda that was in place. there are some exceptions though. jackie chan's son, actually gave up his u.s. citizenship and traded it for a Chinese one, but these are usually in the minority. there are also Asians that only stick to other Asians because they've had bad experiences with white people. these are your 2nd generation Asians. but yea, the overall sentiment is that they want to be white, and the main reason is that the media in many Asian pupet states push a very aggressive "white man is king" propganda onto the Asian people. you're even seeing this in mainland China now, where half of the advertisements have white people in them. sometimes i look at these advertisements in Asia, and i say to myself, what's with all the pictures of white people in this gym? are they a gym or are they selling white people? i am pretty sure they have this same agenda going in a lot of the Arab pupet states, thats why they even sell skin whiteners in dubai. they pushed this same agenda onto India. i think alot of indians still believe that british people are superior. and within america itself, i'd say theres a pretty serious pro white propaganda campaign. you turn on the tv, and all u see are white people. monkey see monkey do. 15% of the u.s population are hispanic, but how many of them do u see on tv? advertising is overtwhelmingly white. the u.s. media censors out alot of foreign media, so all you see are white people all day long. if the u.s. media brought in shows from Africa, and Asia, then people will start to see that the world does not revolve around white people. the u.s is also an overwhelmingly racist country. most key positions of power are held by white people, again, giving the impression that white people really are somehow superior. it's only when you start to investigate, and i mean seriously investigate some of the stuff that white people do around the world (ie sabatoge other peoples industries), do you then realise that white people really are a paper tiger. i was reading about how the Chinese sent some astronauts into space. and they did this with sanctions imposed on them. no country is allowed to sell space technology to China, otherwise, they will be punished by the western oligarchs. despite this, they still sent astronauts into space on their own technology, and made it back in one piece. on the other hand, white america recruits the best engineers from all over the world, and they had 2 of their space shuttles blow up. it's not easy to look at the facts, because the u.s. has so much propaganda that they do, so you will be overwhelmed with their "official story". the u.s. regime operates on demagogy, and the weak minded will fall for it each time.
seoulbro
Freshman Poster

Post by seoulbro »

Contrarian Expatriate wrote:
Dragon wrote:

I can't say it is that bad for most of us here in Canada. We talk about these issues on a small forum called Asian Canadian Forum.
http://memebee.com/asiancanadian/viewto ... 5444#p5444
ILoveBlackAmericanWomen
Freshman Poster

Post by ILoveBlackAmericanWomen »

I have noticed that about Asians also. I wish more Asian Americans would know the world is not against you loosen up and live a little. You don't have to be so paranoid that you're Asian you're human like everyone else. Don't be so uptight and white washed.. Gosh I feel bad for saying that. Sorry all the Asian Americans who just read this....
To be white or black - is to not be a human, but a living definition and label. To be a slave to definition, to fashion, to the industries that market us like cattle, emptying our pockets like the udders of the cow, being paid to cut our bodies for cosmetics, benefiting off of putting harsh chemicals on our heads, making money off of us choosing to live and participate in the reality they created. Don't be "black", don't be "white", don''t be "Asian", don't be "Latin." Destroy the illusion, become human.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by zboy1 »

ILoveBlackAmericanWomen wrote:I have noticed that about Asians also. I wish more Asian Americans would know the world is not against you loosen up and live a little. You don't have to be so paranoid that you're Asian you're human like everyone else. Don't be so uptight and white washed.. Gosh I feel bad for saying that. Sorry all the Asian Americans who just read this....
Don't worry about speaking how you feel, ILoveBlackAmericanWomen! You're right to say that Asian Americans are uptight and paranoid but that's due to American society. People act a certain way depending on how society treats you. And you're right to say Asians are Whitewashed--and that's due to wanting to be accepted by the majority race and a coping mechanism to combat racism, unfortunately.