Bulgaria Trip Report

Discuss and talk about any general topic.
RobinHood
Freshman Poster

Bulgaria Trip Report

Post by RobinHood »

Hi Guys,

Recently back from Bulgaria so I thought I would share with you how my trip went. About me, I am divorced, 42 year old, short at 5ft 6inch guy from England, my girlfriend is 28, Bulgarian and has never been married. We met via an Internet dating site and have been seeing each other for 6 months.

About Bulgaria, it's country of around 6 million people in South Eastern Europe. It has cold but relatively short winters, with April to October, being pleasant to warm/hot. The main cities are Sofia (capital), Polvdiv, Varna and Bourgas. Over the last 10 years it has become relatively popular with English people for both Skiing and the summer Black Sea resorts.

In terms of cost of living, you will pleased to know that even the English £ and Yankee $ still have some value here. Eating out in a decent local restaurant and you will pay about $2 for a local bottle of good quality beer. Meal for 2 with a bottle of wine, about $30.

If you were looking to earn a living here, it would be difficult as wages are very low and the language is not easy to learn. Personally, I think it's a great place for holidays, but not a place for living.

Now to the women, there is no doubt in my mind that the standard of the women in terms of looks is better than the standard in the UK. I am not saying they are all great looking, because they are not, but they are much thinner and tend to dress more feminine. On a number of occasions I saw overweight men with thin attractive women, personally I never see this combination in England, it's always the other way around.

What I find refreshing in Bulgarian women is that they will talk to you, probably because you are a foreigner and they want to practise their English, but for whatever the reason it's better than at home. This is not to say that doing street game would be easy, because I don't think it would, but if you were here for a while and was not seen as a player you should do okay.

I found that just knowing a little Bulgarian language (it's difficult!) went down well with the ladies

As a western male, I still think you have some value here and there are certainly women that are looking for foreign boyfriends. If you are looking for a long term girlfriend I think your chances of finding an attractive female are reasonable. (Certainly much better than in the west) My advice though would be to go for those that have not yet travelled abroad, as their attitude will be better and they will appreciate things more.

I had a great time with my girlfriend and we are making plans for her to move to England in the spring. I also met a decent guy from the states, who is seeing my girlfriends best friend.

If anyone wants any more info on Bulgaria, just ask.

Happy New Year All.
Robin Hood.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

Hi, I'm glad you're having a great time in Bulgaria. Please tell me:
1. Is the language close to Russian?
2. Have you been ripped off by locals, or are people nice to tourists?
3. What is the approx. cost of living per month - including renting a OK 1 br flat, including food, power, phone, etc. in Sofia and on the black sea if you know.
noog
Freshman Poster

Post by noog »

Congrats on meeting your girlfriend and visiting Bulgaria! Is she moving to England permanently or just coming to visit?
"Take a bold and unconventional action, then you'll find out who your friends are."

"Trying to find good American women is like trying to ice skate in a volcano."
RobinHood
Freshman Poster

Post by RobinHood »

terminator wrote:Hi, I'm glad you're having a great time in Bulgaria. Please tell me:
1. Is the language close to Russian?
2. Have you been ripped off by locals, or are people nice to tourists?
3. What is the approx. cost of living per month - including renting a OK 1 br flat, including food, power, phone, etc. in Sofia and on the black sea if you know.
1. No. English is widely spoken amongst the younger people. All of my girlfriends friends could speak reasonable English.

2. No not been ripped off, taxis were all on the metre, never paid more than $12 for getting across Sofia. People seemed friendly to tourists generally.

3. A newish flat rental in an okay area (not centre of Sofia) will be about $200 max a month, don't know for power and phone but can't see it being alot. Prices on Black Sea coast cities will be similar to Sofia. I thought supermarket food was about 10-15% cheaper than the UK

We went to see Skyfall at a mall in the centre of Sofia, total cost with 2 drinks $18 (in English, with Bulgarian subtitles)
Last edited by RobinHood on January 4th, 2013, 5:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Robin Hood.
RobinHood
Freshman Poster

Post by RobinHood »

noog wrote:Congrats on meeting your girlfriend and visiting Bulgaria! Is she moving to England permanently or just coming to visit?
Thanks for kind comments, looking at a permanent move. She visited in September and really liked the place.
Robin Hood.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

RobinHood wrote:
noog wrote:Congrats on meeting your girlfriend and visiting Bulgaria! Is she moving to England permanently or just coming to visit?
Thanks for kind comments, looking at a permanent move. She visited in September and really liked the place.
T-minus: 6 months only for her to become feminized & westernized. You are opening pandoras
Box on this one!!!!
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
sfexcellence
Freshman Poster
Location: Body in Vancouver Canada, Mind + Heart + Soul in the World

Post by sfexcellence »

Congrats Robin Hood on being happier abroad! But as E_Irizarry said you're opening Pandora's Box if you bring her back to the UK, very bad anglosphere culture that should be avoided.
jamesbond
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by jamesbond »

Good luck RobinHood with your future plans. It sounds like your girlfriend is head and shoulders nicer and more feminine than british women are.

What dating website did you meet your girlfriend on?

Are the two of you eventually going to get married?
"When I think about the idea of getting involved with an American woman, I don't know if I should laugh .............. or vomit!"

"Trying to meet women in America is like trying to decipher Egyptian hieroglyphics."
RobinHood
Freshman Poster

Post by RobinHood »

sfexcellence wrote:Congrats Robin Hood on being happier abroad! But as E_Irizarry said you're opening Pandora's Box if you bring her back to the UK, very bad anglosphere culture that should be avoided.
Totally agree with you guys that the culture in the Anglosphere is terrible, but me living in Bulgaria is not an option. For the relationship to progress she has to move here, despite the risks associated with this.

If any members have any advice on what not to do when bringing a woman to the West, then please post here.
Robin Hood.
E_Irizarry
Veteran Poster

Post by E_Irizarry »

RobinHood wrote:
sfexcellence wrote:Congrats Robin Hood on being happier abroad! But as E_Irizarry said you're opening Pandora's Box if you bring her back to the UK, very bad anglosphere culture that should be avoided.
Totally agree with you guys that the culture in the Anglosphere is terrible, but me living in Bulgaria is not an option. For the relationship to progress she has to move here, despite the risks associated with this.

If any members have any advice on what not to do when brining a woman to the West, then please post here.
Here's my tentative list of what NOT to do:

1) Don't let her have ANY female friends
that speak english. (stfu dj IV money lol)

2) Let her sign up to a bulgarian meetup
Group on meetup.com or meetup.co.uk.
Go to every event with her.

2) Do research and only let her go to Bulgarian
churches. Attend church with her always.

3) only let her watch showsin foreign languages

4) give her a gym membership to keep that
nice little tight frame she has

5) have her read exotic poetry in her language and only let her watch
cooking channels so she can be a better cook.

6) neveroffer to do a woman's job for her.
i.e. never ever put on an apron...yes you should
do manly chores like take out the garbage
and fix and lift heavy s.hit but never
cook for or with her. you need staying power
that way!!

7) never ask if she wants to make love. just seize the moment
carpe diem that b.ooty. but if shes not feeling well,
then console her but dont be overzealous in making her
feel better.

8) never ever cry in front of her. that is something woman
cannot and will not respect.

9) tell him in a firm but not an overmasculine voice
that you wAnt the bathroom clean daily even
if she works full time.

10) never ever render cash tender to her!!!
you should buy her skirts and dreses and toiletries,
but never give her money nor a check nor a credit card.
"I appreciate the opportunities I have in America. Opportunities that allow me to live abroad." **Smiles** - Have2Fly@H.A. (2013)

"The only way to overcome that is to go abroad to get a broad."
- E. Irizarry (2009)

"MGTOW resilience is the key to foreign residence. You better muthafuckin' ask somebody!!"
- E. Irizarry (2012)

"I rather be ostracized by 157.0 million (27.3% of the US of Gay pop), then to appease 1 feminist." - E. Irizarry (2013)

TanBoy by DNA | Despedido, Hugo Chavez...Descansa en paz!
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

RobinHood wrote:If any members have any advice on what not to do when bringing a woman to the West, then please post here.
I have been married 22 years to my Mexican wife. My suggestions:

1. Do not have a TV in your home.

2. Encourage her to attend church.

3. Do not promise unconditional sexual fidelity. You can promise sexual fidelity conditional on her satisfying you.

4. Encourage foreign friends and discourage Western friends.

5. Listen to her. If she talks about boring gossip, still listen. She must trust you to listen so that when something meaningful happens, she will tell you about it. Make sure to criticize any bad behavior of others that she mentions, so that she understand what you consider right and wrong.

6. The Torah says to avoid sex during menstruation and 7 days after. This is excellent advice for many reasons which would require a long post to explain. I suggest following this and I can explain this in another post if anyone is interested.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

deleted
Last edited by fschmidt on January 9th, 2013, 12:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RobinHood
Freshman Poster

Post by RobinHood »

[quote="jamesbond"]Good luck RobinHood with your future plans. It sounds like your girlfriend is head and shoulders nicer and more feminine than british women are.

What dating website did you meet your girlfriend on?

James Bond

Yes, she's a feminine woman, takes pride in her appearance before she goes out, does not drink much and is not lazy - total opposite to an English Woman.

We met on the website....www.sesile.com, there are men from all over the world on there looking for Eastern European women, worth checking out.
Robin Hood.
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

E_Irizarry wrote:
Here's my tentative list of what NOT to do:

1) Don't let her have ANY female friends
that speak english. (stfu dj IV money lol)

2) Let her sign up to a bulgarian meetup
Group on meetup.com or meetup.co.uk.
Go to every event with her.

2) Do research and only let her go to Bulgarian
churches. Attend church with her always.

3) only let her watch showsin foreign languages

4) give her a gym membership to keep that
nice little tight frame she has

5) have her read exotic poetry in her language and only let her watch
cooking channels so she can be a better cook.

6) neveroffer to do a woman's job for her.
i.e. never ever put on an apron...yes you should
do manly chores like take out the garbage
and fix and lift heavy s.hit but never
cook for or with her. you need staying power
that way!!

7) never ask if she wants to make love. just seize the moment
carpe diem that b.ooty. but if shes not feeling well,
then console her but dont be overzealous in making her
feel better.

8) never ever cry in front of her. that is something woman
cannot and will not respect.

9) tell him in a firm but not an overmasculine voice
that you wAnt the bathroom clean daily even
if she works full time.

10) never ever render cash tender to her!!!
you should buy her skirts and dreses and toiletries,
but never give her money nor a check nor a credit card.
Wow, this is excellent! I disagree about the gym, as she'll meet AW there and you can't go with her all the time. Maybe forget about the gym membership!
RobinHood
Freshman Poster

Post by RobinHood »

I have told her she needs to go to the gym 3 times a week to avoid getting fat like an English woman.

I have also told her that all cooking and cleaning will be her responsibility.
Robin Hood.