Back from the dead and in China

Post your trip reports, travel experiences, and updates abroad. Or your expat story if you already live overseas. Note: To post photos and images, insert the image URL between the tags Image after uploading them to a third party site.
magnum
Junior Poster

Back from the dead and in China

Post by magnum »

If anyone of you even remember me you'll recall I was going to japan, well plans changed, I'm now in china, and depending if my luck is to the task, I'll be going to japan next.

Right now I'm in shenyangj right now, Fate it would seem smiled on me and I someone from this city who said I could live with them for a few months.

Things are going ok, I"m getting slightly chubby from the food, but I've got a gym membership now, and no one seems to notice so who cares.

So far I've gone to 2 high end chinese resturants put on by my hosts friends, and I've hit the bar once..

The bar was fun, I had this chinese girl sitting next to me who was drunk out of her mind and kept screaching in my ear, she wasn't my type of girl, but I could tell she was all over me like white on rice so to speak hahah.

From the bottom of my heart this is probably one of the best times I've had in my life, I've made more friends in the 8 to 9 days I"ve been here then I even have at home... the people are kind, at least when intraduced, and the women seem to actually respond to me.

I've had bad luck with women though, I've only been hit on by the one girl at the bar, and this creepy fat chinese girl that keeps touching me just on my first day at the gym....then the second day she Watched me work out, and that would have been fine if she was cute, but man, she's scarry ahhaha.

My friend said he has heard girls say I'm handsome a few times, and his friend who's male, but not gay, said he was nervious because I was handosme I found that odd.

I'm not a prideful man, but I have to say its nice to just not be seen in a negative light for once.

I'll drop by a few times and let you guys know whats up.

As for japan, I'm vary worried about going, as I have no place to stay, us $ is devalued right now, and hope of finding a group of friends randomly I'm sure is vary low, and seeing as i'd be staying in a hostel, and no idea if I'll have access to a gym I don't know...

I'm vary set on finding a chinese or japanese girl, but I'm sure it probably wont happen this round, I'm scared though, I'm not sure how fast I can make a return to asia, and I"m only getting older, and only like dating younger girls 20 to 25 so... time is agenst me, but I got this far, a man makes his own luck.

More to come soon. can't wait for the chinese new year!

My objective is to get a girl to have fun with on the chinese new year, we'll see if i"m up to the task!

I'm in a hurry now so ignore my countless but normal grammer/spelling errors.
zboy1
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: back from the dead and in china

Post by zboy1 »

magnum wrote:If anyone of you even remember me you'll recall I was going to japan, well plans changed, I'm now in china, and depending if my luck is to the task, I'll be going to japan next.

Right now I'm in shenyangj right now, Fate it would seem smiled on me and I someone from this city who said I could live with them for a few months.

Things are going ok, I"m getting slightly chubby from the food, but I've got a gym membership now, and no one seems to notice so who cares.

So far I've gone to 2 high end chinese resturants put on by my hosts friends, and I've hit the bar once..

The bar was fun, I had this chinese girl sitting next to me who was drunk out of her mind and kept screaching in my ear, she wasn't my type of girl, but I could tell she was all over me like white on rice so to speak hahah.

From the bottom of my heart this is probably one of the best times I've had in my life, I've made more friends in the 8 to 9 days I"ve been here then I even have at home... the people are kind, at least when intraduced, and the women seem to actually respond to me.

I've had bad luck with women though, I've only been hit on by the one girl at the bar, and this creepy fat chinese girl that keeps touching me just on my first day at the gym....then the second day she Watched me work out, and that would have been fine if she was cute, but man, she's scarry ahhaha.

My friend said he has heard girls say I'm handsome a few times, and his friend who's male, but not gay, said he was nervious because I was handosme I found that odd.

I'm not a prideful man, but I have to say its nice to just not be seen in a negative light for once.

I'll drop by a few times and let you guys know whats up.

As for japan, I'm vary worried about going, as I have no place to stay, us $ is devalued right now, and hope of finding a group of friends randomly I'm sure is vary low, and seeing as i'd be staying in a hostel, and no idea if I'll have access to a gym I don't know...

I'm vary set on finding a chinese or japanese girl, but I'm sure it probably wont happen this round, I'm scared though, I'm not sure how fast I can make a return to asia, and I"m only getting older, and only like dating younger girls 20 to 25 so... time is agenst me, but I got this far, a man makes his own luck.

More to come soon. can't wait for the chinese new year!

My objective is to get a girl to have fun with on the chinese new year, we'll see if i"m up to the task!

I'm in a hurry now so ignore my countless but normal grammer/spelling errors.

Nice to hear your trip report magnum. Good to have you back. How did you end up in China? Are you teaching English over there or doing something else?
momopi
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by momopi »

My grandfather used to live in Liaoyang, just south of Shenyang.

I think you're about half a day's travel to Harbin. Have you considered visiting the Harbin Ice and Snow Festival this month?

Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Re: back from the dead and in china

Post by Jester »

magnum wrote:If anyone of you even remember me you'll recall I was going to japan, well plans changed, I'm now in china, and depending if my luck is to the task, I'll be going to japan next.
Congratulations on making it happen.

Savor the experience!
Jacaré
Freshman Poster

Post by Jacaré »

Very nice man! I'll be following your adventures with great interest as i'm also looking to move there in the fall. Keep trucking and all the best!
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

That's great. How long will you be there? Have you tried approaching any women? Do people there make eye contact with you?

Maybe when I come to China, we can meet up.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Nice trip report!

I went to Japan 4 times from 2007-2010. I even dated 4 Japanese women.

I'm now in the final stages of moving out to China for a year or more (Guangzhou). I hope you can drop by if you're in the area.

As far as Japan goes, one of the women I dated was spending about $1600 a month on rent - scary! You can get fairly cheap rooms in shared houses, alternatively try a home stay with a Japanese family where you get a cheap room and they get a few hours of free English lessons a week. Find a Japanese gf though and you're sort of sorted then!

I've dated both Japanese and Chinese women but I much prefer Chinese women. There's more choice, you can go younger, and they're generally more beautiful anyway. My last Chinese gf was 12 years younger than me - if you're 50+ then you could stretch this out a bit further.

If Chinese girls start touching you then it's a good sign!
I was Happier Abroad for a while but Covid killed that off.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
Love Chinese girls? Read my complete guide to Chinese dating.
drealm
Junior Poster

Post by drealm »

xiongmao,

You have so much energy. I thought you were a lot younger.

I have a question, what are my chances of street food killing me in China if I eat a lot of it? Are there any things I should stay away from? Have you gotten sick yet?
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Lol. I don't think 40 is that old. I'm doing more with my life than ever before. Maybe it's genetic. My dad still roller blades.

I've never been that sick in China. In fact I have had less problems in Asia than I did when I visited Spain as a kid on holiday.

My Chinese gf's have been sick a couple of times. In all cases street food was the probable cause. Meat on a stick, fruit sold off the back of a lorry, it's probably all best avoided!

I visited an expat in Guangdong - he claimed to only ever have got really sick one time.

Chinese food is generally cooked at high temperatures, so it's a lower risk cuisine.
Fed up with being foreveralone.jpg? Check out my comprehensive directory of dating sites.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

I'm not sure how much longer I'll be here, the original idea was to depart on the 20th, but depending on if I skip japan or not I migh stay longer, maybe until july.

I get 1 to 2 free meals a day through my hosts parents, and we have are own place in the same community, so it's just a walk away after dinner.

I have about 2700$ coverted to RMB that's about x6 I"m kinda of set if I stay put and skip japan, though I think japanese women are fantastic....I'd hate to miss my chance, but I have such a great opertunity here I'd hate to cut it short aswell.

I've been touched like crazy by the 2 girls I was speaking about before, though most people don't keep eye contact long, at least the women, but chinese women are so shy that I'm not shocked.

When I was in the club these 2 guys wanted to start a fight, we were keeping eye contact while I passed by, I guess that angerd him, I called him a bitch in chinese HAHAHA and kept walking, truth is if he did something it was his day to die not mine, but I rather he start it and I finish it.

I havn't approched any women, but I feel so confadent that I've almost hit on the singer of the bar I was at, she was a looker.

When I go to the gym the girls that check you in always stare and give me a big smile.

I'm interested to find out that I'm "buff" in china, I mean I'm in good shape and have muscle mass, but Im not a body builder by any means, but in china...you'd think I was the rock.

I don't know how to explain it, but it seems the chinese people care about values hell of a lot more than the USA, and I knew that before coming here, but my god, seeing it, and "knowing" it isn't the same thing.

Here....They value you for what you are and what you have to offer at face value, in the USA I can't get a decent job, here, They are about to hand me a personal trainer job at the gym just because I look in shape and people would want a white trainer, I heard if you get 3 hours work in, you'll make about 100 RMB a day, that's not too shabby to start with, it'll pay the rent anyway.

I'm so torn, I"m scared of turning down the few chances I've had with girls because I don't get many chances.

On the subject of women, I wonder how far I can stretch the age limit. I'm 27, everyone here thinks i'm 22 to 23 tops hahah.... Im thinking people wont help me find younger than 25... this one friend of my hosts parents said she would give me a intro with this stunning 25 year old she knows, but I'm not so sure, 25 is fine, but I rather go out with a younger girl.

What I love most of all is, I'm probably at about 13 to 15% body fat and girls still love me, but in the US, if your not perfect your screwed.

the people here are uplifting too.. the negativity in the US is infecting and drags you down, hell even your friends and loved ones infect you with it, even if they don't know they are doing it, that alone makes me want to get out of the usa, so who knows, maybe I"ll rewin my visa, and try to stay, but that choice would be far easier one if I knew I had a woman here.

Give me a time and date and I'll do my best to see whoever wants to hang out while in china, but right now i'm not too great at getting around without help, I'm with my side kick 90% of the time,. so traveling and not getting lost like a baby will be a challange.

I'm not sure if I"ll go back to the usa and work 2 jobs for about 3 months and save a little extra US coin to convert over here, or just go right to earning RMB and stay put, I'll be honest, I don't feel like going back, nothings drawing me back but my brother, and he's hitched dong his own thing in the navy, so we'll see.
ethan_sg
Freshman Poster

Post by ethan_sg »

Great story Magnum, we need more success stories like yours in this forum, it's an inspiration to all of us.
the people here are uplifting too.. the negativity in the US is infecting and drags you down, hell even your friends and loved ones infect you with it, even if they don't know they are doing it
I know exactly what you mean. There is this pervasive cynicism in developed countries - this soul-destroying resignation that everyone is simply out for themselves, out to make it to the top while trying to f**k with everyone else. It's a very cold, soulless corporate mentality that you can't trust anyone except for yourself, all relations are primarily economic rather than communal, resulting in a spiritual poverty where human relations are mere transactions and zero-sum games. People are competitive and status conscious.

In China you definitely see the difference. People are uplifting, soulful and warmer. They're less cold, corporate and judgmental and it's far easier to make friends - particularly if you speak Chinese.

I get 1 to 2 free meals a day through my hosts parents, and we have are own place in the same community, so it's just a walk away after dinner.
Amazing how you just fond this host family quite randomly and they've invited you to stay with them for an extended period. Try doing that in the USA.
I have about 2700$ coverted to RMB that's about x6 I"m kinda of set if I stay put and skip japan, though I think japanese women are fantastic....I'd hate to miss my chance, but I have such a great opertunity here I'd hate to cut it short aswell.
Just stay put in China dude. You won't find the same deal in Japan and the cost of living there is so much higher. Plus, Japan is very developed and hyper-corporate now, there are so many social problems there and you certainly won't find the same uplifting atmosphere.
Here....They value you for what you are and what you have to offer at face value, in the USA I can't get a decent job, here, They are about to hand me a personal trainer job at the gym just because I look in shape and people would want a white trainer, I heard if you get 3 hours work in, you'll make about 100 RMB a day, that's not too shabby to start with, it'll pay the rent anyway.
Go teach English, you would earn at least 2-3 times that depending on which city and school you're in. And that's a very decent income in China.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

way ahead of you hahah, one of the first things I did was get interviewed for teaching just incase I wanted to stay, and they seem ready to train me ect..

Im just a bit shy of the class room, not because I can't speak or direct kids/people, I've been teaching kids gymnastics before I got here, I just don't know much to offer in the way of edgucation, as you can see from all my spelling errors, though Its not much of a help not having spell check on a chinese computer : D

Maybe I could help with the speaking english part, but on paper, and spelling, not a chance in hell.

All I need to do is find a woman....I mean it would seem all but possible for me to find a hotty who isn't insane, but it seems just one inch out of my grasp for some reason.

What I find interesting is, roy has done more than almost any of my friends in ways of helping me try to meet women, arranging friends to bring that girl from the bar around, taking me to the club ect, my friends at home...even my siblings....you ask them for help meeting girls they'll act annoyed or stand offish, as if you asked them to help you dispose of a body.

A bad part of this town though is the fact that the man/woman ratio is off, I looked up the statistics, it's 6 to 1, so 6 men to every 1 woman, not a good ratio.. though I'm some fears compatition true... the hotties are probably already taken, and the ones that speak english are rare, but we'll see!

While I've been here I've only had 2 moments of depression, one momentarly, the other destoryed by a fun time at the bar, back home....every day was a struggle not to blow your brains out, you had to keep hope alive in your head and give your self a reason to keep going, thank god I manned up and went for it.
magnum
Junior Poster

Post by magnum »

Anyone have suggestions for a good dating site for chinese girls in shenyang, I think I'm going to have to take my search to the next level.

I'll check that sticky in the dating section too, but if any of you had more luck with one site over the other, let me know.
xiongmao
Veteran Poster

Post by xiongmao »

Lol, if you're 27 then you can date anyone from 18-80. My last Chinese gf's brother is your age and his gf (now wife) is 21. They've just had a kid. No wonder my gf told me she was an old woman (at 28!). Just man up like any Chinese man with good prospects would.

Chinese Love Links is the only Chinese dating site you need, but here's my reviews of all the sites out there.

The best looking girls aren't on dating sites, and if they are then they're up to no good. A hottie on my QQ list spends her entire life on CLL - I'll go meet her some time this year as I'd love to know her story.

I agree with ethan_sg that you'll waste your time in Japan. The only dates I got were with the undateables (old, wierd, ugly) and yes you can date hotties but bear in mind I took one girl out to a trendy Tokyo bar and the bill was $57.75 for just one evening! In Guangzhou I took a date to an all you can eat restaurant (quite a posh one at that) and the bill was $23.

I'm going to Guangzhou because I'm a businessman. But if I wanted to teach then I'd go to a smaller city like Changsha or somewhere in the Wuhan/Chongqing/Changsha triangle. That's where the hottest women on the entire planet live, and there are hardly any Western men there at all.
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

magnum wrote:Anyone have suggestions for a good dating site for chinese girls in shenyang, I think I'm going to have to take my search to the next level.

I'll check that sticky in the dating section too, but if any of you had more luck with one site over the other, let me know.
I've had the best results from:

http://www.chinesekisses.com

and

http://www.dateinasia.com

Chinese Kisses costs a little money for a monthly membership, but it's very low and worth the price. I only paid $15 for one month during their promo special. DateinAsia is free. Lots of Chinese women on both.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne