Trump University Real Estate 101

Share and recommend books and websites that you think are worth checking out.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Trump University Real Estate 101

Post by Maker55 »

A great book on real estate by Donald Trump, especially if you're investing in American real estate but the principles can apply outside of America.

I'm currently readying it and it's great.

You're where you're at in life because of your thoughts.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.

Meet Loads of Foreign Women in Person! Join Our Happier Abroad ROMANCE TOURS to Many Overseas Countries!

Meet Foreign Women Now! Post your FREE profile on Happier Abroad Personals and start receiving messages from gorgeous Foreign Women today!

Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Does Trump actually know anything about investment? His projects always seem to lose money. He is most likely technically insolvent. The secret to his "success" is likely to be the usual one - having the right parents.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

He owns skyscrapers and hotels.

He's made far more money than his parents ever did.

He has at least a 2 billion dollar net worth.

He paved his own path and had numerous disappointments and setbacks but he made it.

He also owns gold courses, resorts and international properties.
Last edited by Maker55 on March 18th, 2013, 6:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

What you think about the most is what you will eventually manifest in your life.
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Maker55 wrote:He owns skyscrapers and hotels.
The banks that are his creditors own them. Banks keep lending him money no matter how much he loses. It is all about connections.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

^^^
That's how you invest in real estate, you use other people's money, known as good debt.

If you ever want to become successful real estate or entrepreneur you have to learn how to raise capital from investors or banks.

Regardless if a bank lends you money towards real estate, you still collect the monthly cash flow that goes into YOUR POCKET.

zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Funny, I am reading this books as well ( on page 60). Perhaps a trend is appearing?
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Cornfed
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Cornfed »

Maker55 wrote:^^^
That's how you invest in real estate, you use other people's money, known as good debt.
The point is that he likely has more debt than assets. If the banks treated him like the average Joe he would have been bankrupted years ago.
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

zacb wrote:Funny, I am reading this books as well ( on page 60). Perhaps a trend is appearing?
Really???

I'm quite impressed zacb.

I like the part where he shows you how to uncover the job and population trends of an area to help you decide if you should invest in that particular area.

It definitely makes you think about real estate on a deeper level.

celery2010
Freshman Poster

Post by celery2010 »

The one written by his right hand man George Ross is the most highly acclaimed one. You can also find lots of good real estate information on the Internet. The latest trends are always more up to date online than in books that will always be a year or two behind.

What kind of investing are you trying to do?

Wholesaling, rehabbing, commercial, buy and hold, flipping, lease options, probate, reos?
zacb
Experienced Poster

Post by zacb »

Maker55 wrote:
zacb wrote:Funny, I am reading this books as well ( on page 60). Perhaps a trend is appearing?
Really???

I'm quite impressed zacb.

I like the part where he shows you how to uncover the job and population trends of an area to help you decide if you should invest in that particular area.

It definitely makes you think about real estate on a deeper level.
Yeah, I think I found it at Goodwill for a dollar, and I have been interested in foreign properties as of late, and now a tad in domestic real estate, and so I am looking into alternatives to ETFs, ADRs, regular stocks, and gold. I have not read much, but that sound really interesting, because right now it seems more philosophical in tone.
The Daily Agorist, Learn to Live Independent of the System! http://www.theagoristreview.blogspot.com
Maker55
Junior Poster

Post by Maker55 »

celery2010 wrote:The one written by his right hand man George Ross is the most highly acclaimed one. You can also find lots of good real estate information on the Internet. The latest trends are always more up to date online than in books that will always be a year or two behind.

What kind of investing are you trying to do?

Wholesaling, rehabbing, commercial, buy and hold, flipping, lease options, probate, reos?
Well, one should do their own research to see what the trends are.

I prefer to invest for cash flow with renovation with the potential to sell later down the road.

I don't like to gamble with real estate. That's why I don't focus on capital gains and flipping.

Cash flow will put money in your pocket in good and bad markets.