Starting an International Dating Service?

Discuss dating, relationships and foreign women.
terminator
Junior Poster

Post by terminator »

Just what we need.... another dating site! I'm starting plentyofrice.com in Asia and it's sister site plentyofwhales.com in the USA
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

terminator wrote:Just what we need.... another dating site! I'm starting plentyofrice.com in Asia and it's sister site plentyofwhales.com in the USA
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Christianfilipinacom
Freshman Poster

Post by Christianfilipinacom »

There's always someone out there to ridicule anyone with initiative, isn't there? "Get back in line, we all need to march together now!"

I think your ideas are fine and we are looking forward to seeing your site. When is your launch date?

Speaking of Zoosk, is that even a legitimate service? I know they make money, but from what I read, nobody actually meets there? Has anyone actually met anyone at Zoosk? We used to buy some advertising from them, but even the clicks were completely hollow, like fake people, if there is such a thing?
Jester
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by Jester »

Christianfilipinacom wrote:There's always someone out there to ridicule anyone with initiative, isn't there? "Get back in line, we all need to march together now!"

I think your ideas are fine and we are looking forward to seeing your site. When is your launch date?
+1 for being positive and defending initiative!
Mr S
Veteran Poster

Post by Mr S »

Christianfilipinacom wrote:So you mean that the interactions would be translated like Babelfish in the Douglas Adams book? That's a neat idea also. But sounds very complicated, so you need to be a serious rock star programmer to accomplish it.

We welcome any good competitors. Actually, we are in a small network of reputable international dating sites that are developing joint outreach efforts. We would welcome you also if you are on the side of good not evil. We believe that the evil sites out there, while very powerful and large, have to fight the headwind of increased consciousness about their ways, and that this headwind is becoming significant. The good and neutral sites are doing well and will continue to do better and better. We believe that ironically, the good sites benefit from more good competitors because of the consciousness effect of educating people.

Winston's forum here is a good place to talk about these issues, even though we abhor his dedication to posting pictures of 80% naked women who don't even exist.
Could you list some reputable international dating sites that you are aware of or make a separate post somewhere listing them? Not all guys are interested in Filipinas and/or the Christian religion and may prefer to give other nationalities or cultures a try.
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor and stoic philosopher, 121-180 A.D.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

Christianfilipinacom wrote:I think your ideas are fine and we are looking forward to seeing your site. When is your launch date?
To be honest, international dating is just one of several business ideas that we (me and some people I work with) are considering. We will pick a business within a month and launch a few months later.
fschmidt
Elite Upper Class Poster

Post by fschmidt »

The more I think about this, the more I realize that I need to work with someone who understands this market, either someone is single and uses dating sites, or one of the guys here who is running a dating site. I can't get a personal understanding of this market myself because I am married and never used a dating site. My contribution would programming, thinking of designs, and using Google Analytics to understand what users are doing. I also work with a good UI programmer and an expert at ad buying who would be involved in this project. The two innovations I want for this site are seamless language translation and a better dating model to address the issues of existing sites. What I mean by a better dating model is some new design that discourages people from wasting each others time and encourages guys to go and meet the women. If I do this business, I would want to dominate this market which means being the site that produces the most international marriages (not necessarily making the most money). If anyone here is interested in working with me on this, please let me know.
Christianfilipinacom
Freshman Poster

Post by Christianfilipinacom »

Mr S wrote:
Christianfilipinacom wrote:So you mean that the interactions would be translated like Babelfish in the Douglas Adams book? That's a neat idea also. But sounds very complicated, so you need to be a serious rock star programmer to accomplish it.

We welcome any good competitors. Actually, we are in a small network of reputable international dating sites that are developing joint outreach efforts. We would welcome you also if you are on the side of good not evil. We believe that the evil sites out there, while very powerful and large, have to fight the headwind of increased consciousness about their ways, and that this headwind is becoming significant. The good and neutral sites are doing well and will continue to do better and better. We believe that ironically, the good sites benefit from more good competitors because of the consciousness effect of educating people.

Winston's forum here is a good place to talk about these issues, even though we abhor his dedication to posting pictures of 80% naked women who don't even exist.
Could you list some reputable international dating sites that you are aware of or make a separate post somewhere listing them? Not all guys are interested in Filipinas and/or the Christian religion and may prefer to give other nationalities or cultures a try.
Hi Mr S, The 3 services that I'm aware of at present are ours christianfilipina.com, chinalovematch.net, and dreamconnections.com
Winston
Site Admin

Post by Winston »

If anyone is interested in a niche with no competition, here's one: As far as I know, there is no dating site catering to American women seeking Foreign men, but I heard that the interest is out there. I've been told that there are plenty of French and Italian men who are interested in American women for some reason. So, if someone wanted to start up such a dating site, they would be in a niche with no competition. Just to let you know, if anyone is interested.
Check out my FUN video clips in Russia and SE Asia and Female Encounters of the Foreign Kind video series and Full Russia Trip Videos!

Join my Dating Site to meet thousands of legit foreign girls at low cost!

"It takes far less effort to find and move to the society that has what you want than it does to try to reconstruct an existing society to match your standards." - Harry Browne